pudding

If Izumi had arms, she would have crossed them over her chest at his statement. "...yes...but that doesn't make me any less homeless now. My brother and I aren't going to be able to live in an empty port. Us fire benders aren't the best at fishing." She clicked her tongue dismissively. "Whatever." she walked over to a nearby half-wall and shimmied her way up onto it, sitting down before continuing "I'm not even going to ask how you managed to get frozen in an iceberg. Wouldn't that require some form of water bending?" shaking her head, she snorted softly "...and bringing peace? I wish you luck. You see this place? Most of the world is like this. You're going to have a really hard time...unless you're the avatar." She smirked at him.

"But that doesn't mean you can enslave other people who are better," Aang replied immediately. "And I wouldn't know. I was unconscious." He rubbed his forehead, rather irritated with this conversation. He wasn't getting anywhere. "I don't know why everyone keeps asking me that question. I'm just an Air Bender. That's it. My name is Aang. And perfectly normal people can do great things."

Izumi let out a soft giggle. "I never said it was the right thing to do. It's just the easy one." she replied "Then again, the easiest thing to do usually ends up being the worst thing in the end." She drew her knees to her chest. Though this conversation was kind of going in circles, it was amusing, which was enough for her. "Why are you so defensive about it, anyway? I was only joking." she said "To be honest, I wouldn't mind if the avatar showed up, though. It'd be fun to watch him or her try and fix everything. I'd be interested to see if they could win."

Aang sighed and looked down at his lap. He was being very defensive about the topic. He just wanted to stop being associated with that. What could he even do as the Avatar? Just mess up more, that was all. But her next statement caught his attention and he looked back at her again. "Win against what?"

"You really don't know?" Izumi pursed her lips once more "And here I thought you were making up stories. Guess you really have been out of it for a while." Sighing, she laid back on the half-wall, looking up at him upside down. The stone was incredibly cold against her back, even through her jacket, but she didn't care much. "Well...it all started around the time I was born. When the Fire Nation took over the world, the Phoenix King rose to power. I believe he was called the Fire Lord beforehand...I'm guessing you'd have to kick his ass if you really wanted to restore peace and all that."

Aang frowned and looked away, lapsing into silence. There wasn't a war anymore. That was done and over with. He had to liberate an entire world, not fight against an army. It was considerably harder and practically impossible. "I'm going to say that peaceful conversations are out of the question," He muttered, scratching the back of his head before he used a blast of air to lift himself up into a standing postion again. "Well, start small, I guess," He replied before he jumped to the ground. Time to make sure everyone was alright.

Toph kept her focus on the pit-turned-tower, reinforcing it as needed. The trapped Fire-Benders weren't exactly idle - testing the strength of the walls with a couple of fire attacks.

She smiled grimly - only another Earth Bender had a chance of breaking that prison. And even that would be unlikely while she was around.

----

Finally getting over his hesitation, Teiru started moving. I won't join in the fighting - but I can at least try to help the injured.... there'll be a few burns, and potentially a few bones needing to be set.

He first picked up a shoulder pack and headed to the supply cabinet. Then he started creating a make-shift medi-kit.

Wooden splints. Bandages. Alcohol - for disinfecting open wounds. Burn salves. He paused in his packing as he scanned the rest of the limited supplies, That'll have to do..... Closing the cabinet back up, Teiru then placed the 'borrowed' supplies carefully into the pack, adding a blanket to the mix.

Any too injured to be moved .. I'll have to ask for stretcher aid.

Trying to be as unobtrusive as possible, Teiru left the infirmary to go on his mercy mission.

(Here i go)

Torin stooped behind the crate, staying as out of sight as possible (gotta go. internet maintenance)