pudding

Kaorin pushed back the hanging animal skin, looking out of the opening that served as a window. That kid was airbending! But the Air Nomads were supposed to be extinct. He must be the Avatar, who supposedly vanished over 100 years ago as well. He threw open the door covering, sending a blast of lightning towards a guard behind the kid. It caught the man, tossing him into the snow unconscious. Several guards changed directions, sending blasts of fire towards the new attacker. Kaorin deflected the fireballs and returning with a few blasts of lightning. His face was calm, unlike the angry expressions of his opponents. Lightning required the separation of his chi energies, and anger would interfere. He began to channel his energy, lightning crackling in the air as he traced his first two fingers in circular patterns. Thrusting his hand forward, a thick bolt of electricity lashed out, slamming into a huge metal crane used to load fish onto ships to be sent to the Fire Nation. The machine began to collapse into the ocean as the heat melted the metal and explosions erupted from the engine. "Help me get rid of these cranes! If any of you can waterbend, freeze the legs of these things and then cut them!" A bolt of fire streaked by the side of his head, causing him to spin around, sending a lightning retort back, not powerful enough to kill, but still knock anybody out. After all, they were still his own people, even if they were misguided.

Username:LeviathinGeneral

Name: Torin

History: Raised in the fire nation, he is half fire bender and half earth bender. His father was a war marshal for the imperial army 7 years prior to this, but left after seeing innocent villages burned to the ground. His father was killed by fire benders while protecting Torin's mother, an earth bender who attacked a soldier who killed a earth bending child because she was bending pebbles.

Personality: Revengeful, Shy, secretive.

Element: (Prodigy Fire {Lightning})

Appearance: Black hair, black eyes, 6 foot 5. Wears black and red.

Side: Rebel

Pets: A juvenile Saber tooth moose lion named Sword

Other:He is currently roaming the slums of the southern water tribe.

Edited and submitting

Edited by LeviathinGeneral

((You haven't actually made the edits...))

Aang's concentration was quickly broken by the presence of lightning suddenly flying past him, crackling noisily. The ball he was scootering along on quickly vanished and the Airbender slammed face-first into the snow. He was on his feet quite quickly, ready to fight this new challenger. But, then, the lightning-bender began to attack the nearby fishing cranes. He was on their side? "We don't have a water bender with us!" Aang quickly yelled as he skipped lightly over to the lightning-bender. A waterbender had never been a part of their group, just earth and fire benders. "We don't need to bring down the cranes. Just help us herd the fire benders into the pit we made in the center of the village.

Edited by pudding

[i thought Detrin - the one left with Appa - was an Earth Bender?...]

Teiru could hear the sounds of battle nearby - and very cautiously crept to the doorway to peek out.

It looked like a civil war had broken out in the streets - with lightning bolts being pit against fire strikes.

At the call for a water bender to freeze the cranes and cut them, Teiru shut his eyes. Thoughts and memories warred within his mind, warnings from his parents about hiding his bending.

The one time he slipped up and got caught by Katara. Katara.... I'm so sorry.... I didn't mean to cause you trouble..... He still remembered the looks on the guards face when Katara had been caught teaching him.

She hadn't seemed angry, just accepting of her fate... whatever it was. She had calmly taken full responsibility for all the unsanctioned Bending. She protected me.....

Kaorin acknowledged the kid, directing his attention to moving the firebenders to the center of the village. Firing a few blasts of lightning, he caused the guards to retreat, where he closed his trap. Creating a dome of crackling lightning around the guards, he slowly contracted it, forcing them to walk backwards, inching closer to the pit. Not looking back, and still trying to get over the fact that somebody dressed like they were Water Tribe was using lightning, they tripped and landed in the pit. "You must be the Avatar!" He said to the kid, yelling over all the commotion. "What's your name? Mine's Kaorin."

((It is important to note that lightning bending is only directing lightning. You can't actually control it, just guide it in the direction you want it to go.

Fine, that works.))

"What?" Aang asked and quickly shook his head, holding up his hands to show Kaorin was wrong. "No, I'm not. I'm just an airbender. My name is Aang." It was almost on reflex that he denied himself being the Avatar. Moreover, he still clung to the belief that there were airbenders out there. He just needed to find them. "Why would you think I'm the Avatar?" He asked after a moment.

Edited by pudding

Username: SparkleLeech

Name: Zheng Gasai

Element: Fire

Appearance: Zheng is a pretty plain looking guy, to be honest. He's tall, standing nearly six feet tall with a slim, but semi-fit body. His hair is black and cropped short, not even extending to the tops of ears, and his eyes are a light yellowish-brown. Clothing wise, he usually wears a red short sleeve shirt with a darker red vest over it and baggy black pants, which tuck into very basic looking red boots that you'd see on most Fire Nation men.

Side: Pro-Fire Nation

Other: Due to his extreme lack of patience, Zheng isn't very good at bending. Though he's pretty powerful, he has a hard time controlling his fire, to the point that he has quite a few burn scars on his arms and torso. However, this hasn't convinced him to try and focus his abilities.

Name: Izumi Gasai

Element: Fire

Appearance: Being Zheng's little sister, Izumi's appearance is somewhat similar to his. Her hair, which is rather frizzy and falls to her chin, is a deep black color and her eyes are a light yellowish-brown. She's pretty short, only five feet tall without shoes, with a slender, nearly curveless body. However, perhaps the most notable thing about Izumi's appearance is her lack of arms. She wears a loose-fitting light red tunic with draping sleeves, which knotted where her elbows would be, with a simple pair of dark red pants underneath and a black and red obi-like belt across her stomach. For shoes, she wears a pair of black flip-flop sandals.

Side: She's relatively neutral, but helps with the Pro-Fire Nation side to keep her brother out of trouble.

Other: Having no arms, Izumi uses her feet and mouth to do everything. This includes a semi-modified form of fire bending, which is usually directed by her legs. She's currently attempting to learn how to use fiery breath.

((Not at the moment. Everyone is in the South Pole now, fighting against fire benders there.))

((Well, you could start in the South Pole. Or, if you'd rather have them in the fire nation, I could make a character.))

((I was thinking of Zheng attempting to be some sort of self-titled militia kid who goes around bullying anyone who isn't apart of the Fire Nation. He's an idiot and Izumi tags along with him to make sure he doesn't end up killing himself. I'm not sure how that could fit in. I'm also open to suggestions on something else.))

((You could have that be the same but have them live in the South Pole. Everything is a part of the Fire Nation now so he could bully non-fire benders instead and try to help the Fire Benders currently being attacked.))

((Alright, I read the last few pages and tried to gather what was going on. Sorry if I mess anything up. Feel free to correct me and I'll edit.))

In many different ways, Zheng and Izumi Gasai were both rather strange when compared to most people. To start out, unlike most pureblooded Fire Nation teenagers, they didn't live in a warm, peaceful little settlement. Quite the opposite, actually. The moment Zheng turned eighteen, he decided that he wanted to actually do something with his life. And by 'do something', he meant 'bully residents of a work camp just for the hell of it'. He became a guard at the South Pole in a matter of weeks. Worried about her older brother's lack of intelligence, Izumi tagged along...mostly to make sure that he didn't piss off an earth bender and get his skull crushed.

And when the riot broke out, another bit of strangeness rose to the surface. Their lack of reaction to it all. Well, Izumi's anyway. Zheng had turned in early that evening and somehow managed to still be asleep, despite all the screaming and explosions. Izumi, however, awoke at the sound of the first guard tower crumbling. Not that she actually did anything to help. In fact, she put on her coat and climbed to the roof of the employee housing, taking in the riot like it was some sort of comedy play. That is, until her gaze settled on a boy in the middle of it all. He looked odd compared to most of the other people she saw. There seemed to be tattoos on his skin and...was he...? Her eyes widened a little. Was he air bending? There was no way. Air benders were extinct...weren't they? She got up onto her knees, wiggling her arm nubs a little in confusion. Her curiosity had been piqued. Unfortunately, the middle of a battle wasn't the time to investigate this sort of thing. Still...maybe if she attacked him, she could see him close up? It was a better plan than staring at him. Slowly, she made her way off of the roof.

With all of the chaos, it wasn't all that difficult to weave through the crowd toward the young man and the other person standing next to him. "...hello, sweet..." She giggled a little, then dropped into what appeared to be a sort of sweeping kick, the fire from her attack blazing toward the air bender as her empty sleeves billowed in the wind.

((Zheng will be properly introduced in my next post.))

Aang was almost ready to put his staff away and start herding the running mob away from the pit when a voice suddenly caught his attention. It was a soft voice accompanied by a small giggle and then a blast of fire was quickly sent in his direction. The young air bender lept into the air as the fire narrowly missed him but managed to separate him from his companion. It was very obvious that this girl was different than the grunts they had taken care of so far. "What are you doing?!" He yelled as he twirled his staff around but refrained from attacking back immediately. She wasn't like the guards and he didn't want to fight someone that wasn't stupid enough to be lured into the pit they had created. "I don't want to fight you."

My, my, my...this boy certainly was interesting...and he was certainly an air bender. Well, either that, or he had a talent for flight. It was impossible for someone to dodge like that, leaping so high, without air bending. She rose back to her full height (which wasn't much), placing one foot tentatively behind the other. "...you don't want to fight...?" her eyes flickered around the now nearly destroyed compound before wandering back to the young man's face "...could have fooled me...is this what you call being peaceful?" She exhaled sharply and a small wisp of fire flickered from her pale lips. "...so...what's an air bender doing here...?" Taking a step forward, she kicked upward, allowing an arc of flames to spiral toward the young man. If he wanted to talk, he could do it while he danced.

Aang glanced at the destroyed tower then back at the armless girl. "I mean, yeah!" He declared before he was forced to jump backwards. He opted to take the higher ground and landed on a building nearby, holding his staff nearby. "I'm trying to help people here. They're being abused and mistreated and it's not right!"

((I've decided to wake Zheng once this scene is over.))

A small frown slid over Izumi's face at the young man response. "...your reasoning is sound...but what about the people who live here?" Figuring she wasn't going to get much of a fight out of this entire thing, her stance relaxed a little. While she did find the riot kind of amusing, she had just remembered something somewhat concerning. "...there are kids here, you know. Not many, but still. You think I'm the only one who tagged along with a family member...?" she tilted her head to the side "...even if you don't hurt them, what about where they'll live? Or if their parent gets hurt?"

Well, at least she wasn't attacking anymore. That was very good. "All of the Fire Nation members can go back to the Fire Nation. Or they can live here. But they won't be allowed to hurt the other people living here." He gestured to himself, a frown on his face. "I am an Air Nomad. We don't hurt people. And we certainly don't kill people. But I will not stand by and let suffering people continue to suffer."

Izumi raised an eyebrow. "...if you say so..." she wiggled her shoulder nub a little toward the camp's wreckage "...doesn't seem quite right to me." She took a step forward and pressed her foot against the side of the building, trying to get a little closer to him despite her lack of ability to easily climb things. "...speaking of which, what are you doing here, Air Nomad? I thought there were none of your kind left."

"I just woke up," Aang replied immediately. "I've been sleeping for over a hundred years, apparently. And I don't know what happened in that time, but I refuse to believe that the Air Nomads are gone. They're probably just hiding. None of the Air Temples are accessible" except by sky bison." He crossed his legs and sat down on the building so he could look down at the girl. "I'm here to help people. Is there something wrong with that?"

To say that Izumi was confused by the young man's words was a little bit of an understatement. Over a hundred years? There were about three options, really. He was crazy, trying to troll her...or somehow, he was telling the truth. She doubted it was the last one. "How is that even possible?" she pursed her lips "People don't just sleep for over a century." She tilted her head to the side, contemplating. "...you're an Air Nomad...asleep for over a hundred years...even after my people wiped you out..." she murmured "...and the new...new Avatar never appeared...would make sense because that would mean he never died..." She shook her head a little. "Anyway...no. But thanks for destroying my home. Really appreciate it." Her expression grew sour as she continued to stare up at him.

"I didn't destroy anything," Aang replied defensively. Honestly, she didn't see what she was talking about. On a whole, they hadn't destroyed much. One fishing crane and a few guard towers but the residences had been left largely untouched. Only one or two buildings had suffered damage and that was because they had been burned by the opposing Fire Benders. "I sort of got trapped in an ice berg," He added. "But I'm just trying to help people now. Whatever happened to the Four Nations... It's not right. I'm going to restore harmony, starting here."