pudding

(Okay revisions:

1: I am a stowaway on a ship at the port.

2. Foo cuddly poops! If you don't now look it up.

3.Yeah. He is okay with bending but can't deflect lightning)

(Okay revisions:

1: I am a stowaway on a ship at the port.

2. Foo cuddly poops! If you don't now look it up.

3.Yeah. He is okay with bending but can't deflect lightning)

((Foo foo cuddly poops was still wild and his mother came to attack. I dislike the idea of such an aggressive creature being a pet. Everything else is fine. If you want a different mount, go ahead.

Please delete these OOC posts once we are done, BTW.))

(Final argument; What if Sword was found as a cub and rescued? Animals that were rescued at a young age tend to be less aggressive and more tame.)(Gotta go. pm me verdict. will remove OOC"S when i comee back in an hour.)

Edited by LeviathinGeneral

(Final argument; What if Sword was found as a cub and rescued? Animals that were rescued at a young age tend to be less aggressive and more tame.)

((I dislike the notion. Here's a compromise: You can have two pets but one cannot be a 'dangerous' animal. If you have only one mount, you can have a young saber tooth moose lion.))

((Spider cats are fine because they are not established as dangerous. For example, an armadillo lion was in the zoo but aside from roaring, it was never established as dangerous. So it's fine.))

[Lol I doubt Toph is that little since she was 12 when Aang met her in the original series - and since in this universe the war is now over she'd be older than Aang. Though I am surprised that there was no comments on her blindness from one who has only just met her.]

At her introduction, Toph inclined her head in a slight bow.

"Pleased to meet you and you are too kind with your words Mina. I am certain there are others more skilled than I." She was pleased with the praise, but was trying to be modest. At least until she had the measure of Aang - he seemed light-footed or young by the small vibrations that she could feel from the movement.

She could also hear the heartbeats of two other creatures - one she assumed was Saret, Detrin's pet armadillo lion. The second she couldn't identify - from the slow, deep resonating beat, it was a large creature - most likely one at rest.

[Appa's the second - if one couldn't guess tongue.gif]

Toph wasn't sure what to make of the offer to go to the Air Temple. Mainly as she was certain that the Air Benders had been wiped out in the initial outbreak - so wouldn't that mean their Temples were in ruins?.

"It would be nice to have a destination in mind. But if my memory doesn't fail me - wouldn't you need to be able to fly to get there?"

((How old is Toph in this anyway? I think we've decided it's between 110AG and 115Ag.))

"Well, yeah," Aang replied as he nimbly jumped back over to the woman and landed in front of her. Though he hadn't paid much attention to her at first, he was now able to notice quite a few things. Like her eyes. "Are you blind?" He asked softly then quickly shook his hands. "I'm not trying to be offensive or rude or anything it's just..." He coughed and tried to move away from the subject quickly.

"My flying bison is named Appa. As soon as he has some time to rest, we're going home. He can bring you all if you want to go. It's really nice there, I promise. Monk Gyatso is very nice. We could make some pies and play Air Ball!"

[based on previous postings and the backstory - I'd say she was 26/27. That would make claw's post describing Detrin + Toph's past conversations completely true.

(Mina insinuated Toph was 10 years older than Detrin and I'm happy to go with that.)]

"Blind from birth." Toph confirmed, being somewhat used to the question - even though it hadn't been asked in years. The lack of sight from birth- while perceived as a weakness, really wasn't - her other senses had compensated for it. Her Earth Bending hadn't suffered for it either.

She didn't need her enhanced hearing to tell that Aang was embarrassed about asking, the change of subject being an obvious tell-tale sign.

"I haven't met a flying bison before." Toph commented, age and circumstances had made her personality mellower. There was a time when she would have called someone out on the blind question - or at the very least challenged them to a match of some sort.

"Also Pies and Air Ball sounds like fun."

((I guessed that Toph is about 27.))

I don't say things if they ain't true, and ya know it. Mina replied calmly. She paced around where she stood, the flame in her hand flaring up and then dying down multiple times as she thought. Like Waterbenders, A Firebender's bending was always effected by their emotions. Her flames burned intensely whenever she was distressed. She turned to Aang and smiled at his offer. That sounds great Aang, thank you for the invitation.

Detrin stroked Saret's smooth, armored head and scratched between the Armadillo Lion's ears. The large creature purred happily, it's tail thumping against the ground.

Do you think Appa will be able to carry Saret too? I can't just leave him behind.

Now this certainly posed a question and possibly a problem. There was no doubt that Appa was larger than the armadillo lion but he'd never carried something THAT big before. Aang looked over at the flying bison and frowned. "What do you think, Appa?" He asked. The bison groaned in response and Aang smiled before turning back to the group. "He'll try it. But he needs to rest before he flies. Can we leave tomorrow or is that no good?"

[i'm happy to go with that age smile.gif]

"Leaving tomorrow shouldn't be a problem. We should be careful of any Fire Guard patrols tonight and on the way however." Toph mentioned.

It was very unlikely that any would come this way overnight, but a flying group would be difficult to hide in daylight.

"Think we should set up a watch rotation?" That question was more aimed at Mina since as the second oldest and a Fire Bender, she'd have a better idea of what should be done to keep them safe.

((I dislike the notion. Here's a compromise: You can have two pets but one cannot be a 'dangerous' animal. If you have only one mount, you can have a young saber tooth moose lion.))

(So like a juevenile? Deal! Will enter in a bit!)

((Can you make the changes to your form? I'd like to start adding them to the front page.))

"Fire guard?" Aang asked softly, remembering the story he had been told. It sounded absolutely terrible but what could he do? He couldn't help people. "I want to go look at where you live. Can I go see? I need to make sure of something for myself." He looked firmly at Mina, deciding she was the best one to talk to because she had told him mostly everything so far.

Toph heard Aang's question about seeing where they lived. She lowered her head as she thought about it.

The risks involved would be great, if they were caught then there'd be trouble.

However... can the dead really be punished?

"If you must go, then I will come with you. You'll need a guide at least." Toph started, "Detrin and Mina would be risking too much if they returned and were caught after curfew."

"The cave in should keep most of the guards busy for a while. The visit would have to be quick."

Aang quickly turned to Toph instead and nodded thankfully. "I'd be very grateful," He replied as he moved over to the woman. "Can you take me there? I'll be very fast but I just want to see everything. It will give Appa some time to rest as well. Then, we can be on our way away from here and towards the Air Temples instead." He paused then quickly lept back over to Appa. He climbed onto the bison's saddle and lifted up his staff before jumping back to Toph's side. "I am ready to go when you are."

Mina was quiet as she thought. She carefully went over the shifts between fire guards and exactly where they would be. Being a Firebender gave her some leeway compared to others working at the port. This allowed her to learn a thing or two. Hey, don't think you aren't going without me. I know where all the guards are. If anyone's getting you there, it'll be me. she stated. Detrin seemed more than happy to hang back. He wanted some time to settle down before they left.

Aang glanced back at Mina. Two? Well, the bigger the company the better. And Detrin seemed to want to wait so somebody would be able to watch over Appa while he rested. "Both of you can show me," He insisted. "I just want to see for a moment. I... I may have made a mistake. I just want to see how bad it was." He rubbed his arm awkwardly then looked between the two girls. "Which way is it?"

Toph gestured back the way she had initially arrived from.

"Its not that far away." Toph herself hadn't actually seen the 'residences' - but she knew their feel. And the feel wasn't pleasant.

Perhaps with Aang around she'd be able to get an outsiders view. Assuming he spoke what he saw that is.

"Thanks Mina. Between the two of us we should be able to avoid getting caught by the patrols."

Toph didn't have a great deal of knowledge on the surface shifts - but she could guess that the cave-in had drawn some attention away from the routine.

She was just going to rely on her Earth Bending to get past them - being able to feel their footsteps via the vibrations in the ground before they came close. But this way, there'd be two sets on the lookout.

Aang looked between his two guides then looked down at his feet. He didn't know exactly what he would find. But it certainly wasn't going to make him feel good based on what he was already hearing. "I only need a quick look," He promised. "It won't take long. But let's go now before the sun comes up. It will be easier to hide that way, right?"

"Indeed it will." Toph agreed, the cover of darkness would help conceal them. Kind of ironic really since she had always lived in darkness and it hadn't kept her from the spotlight.

Making sure Mina was ready, their little information gathering mission could begin.

Username:LeviathinGeneral

Name: Torin

History: Raised in the fire nation, he is half fire bender and half earth bender. His father was a war marshal for the imperial army 7 years prior to this, but left after seeing innocent villages burned to the ground. His father was killed by fire benders while protecting Torin's mother, an earth bender who attacked a soldier who killed a earth bending child because she was bending pebbles.

Personality: Revengeful, Shy, secretive.

Element: (Prodigy Fire {Lightning})

Appearance: Black hair, black eyes, 6 foot 5. Wears black and red.

Side: Rebel

Pets: A juvenile Saber tooth moose lion named Sword and a Raven eagle named Arrow

Other:He is currently hiding out in a ship in the harbor at the Southern Water

Tribe.

(Is that right?)

Tribe.

(Is that right?)

((You haven't made changes to the pets yet.))

Tribe.

(Is that right?)

(Okay i need clarity: So if ihave a juvenile mosee lion icannot have a raven eagle?)