pudding

Concept:

100 years after the genocide of the Airbenders, the war has ended. But, due to the disappearance of the Avatar a hundred years ago, the Fire nation was victorious. The rest of world fell to the rule of the Phoenix King and non-firebenders became lesser citizens. Fire navy vessels prowled the seas and armies roamed the lands to ensure that absolutely no one defied the Fire nation. Those who did were quickly shut down and silenced. Bending, aside from Fire bending or when sanctioned (such as Earth bending to find minerals for the motherland or water bending to fish food), was made illegal. The Fire nation prospered while the other nations were reduced to slums.

And now, after the war has finally ended, the Avatar has finally woken up.

Basically, the concept is similar to The Last Airbender, but the Avatar has woken up several years too late and finds that the war has already ended. The premise of the Avatar has faded into legend and no one believes in him anymore. The main cast does not have to be used but can be. Keep in mind that they would be older, with the exception of the Avatar who would be the same age as in the series. Would anyone be interested in this? I would prefer to be the Avatar (And would be playing Aang) but if someone else really wanted to, they could have him.

Character list:

Takhesis

-Toph

Pudding

-Aang

Shadow_claw

Detrin Larinus

Namina Waltz

-Zuko?

-Sokka?

Edited by pudding

Sounds like it could be interesting. So the late awakening Avatar would have a harder time to restore the proper balance to the world and to find Benders willing to train him.

Can I be Toph?

Yes and yes. Instead of stopping the war, he'd have to start a rebellion and take down an already established world empire.

Is there room for one more?

...I really wanna be Sokka or Zuko if we're talking Canon characters

Cannon characters are optional. If you like, you can have an OC. And there is certainly room for one more! If you take Zuko, it would be up to you if he was banished or not since nobody thinks the Avatar exists and his punishment may have been different or lighter.

I'll only make sheets required for OC characters.

Also, I'm opening this up. Hopefully people won't be scared off by 1x? and join now. Unless you think we don't need any more people but I'll leave that up to you two.

Here's a blank sheet. If I missed anything, you can add it in.

Username:

Name:

History: (optional)

Personality: (optional)

Element: (earth, Fire, water, none. )

Appearance:

Side: (Pro fire nation or not)

Pets: (optional)

Other:

Its up to Shadow and Takhesis if they agree with more people. I just don't want this to die and get worried with larger Rps since people trickle out of them.

I'd prefer it just being a 1x2

Username: claw

Name: Detrin Larinus

History:

Personality:

Element: Earth

Appearance: Detrin has messy-cut blonde hair with dark olive skin. His eyes are a deep green that match the clothing he wears. His clothes look something like This

Side: against the fire nation

Pets: an Armadillo Lion named Saret

Other:

Username: claw

Name: Namina Waltz

History: (optional)

Personality: (optional)

Element: Fire

Appearance: Mina

Side: Neutral and could care less

Pets:

Other: nope

((Well, we could either start off with someone finding the iceberg, or we could stay he got out on his own. I'd prefer the first.))

((So this is what I'm thinking:

The southern water tribe isn't really a tribe anymore. It's a fishing port, and home to several mines as well. Several of the characters go out after curfew and happen on Aang and Appa by chance.

What do you think?))

((I like that idea a lot. I was thinking about how different nations could be made into other things and imagined the Earth Kingdom largely becoming mines. But I wasn't sure for the rest of them. Would you like to start or should I?))

((My ideas:

Earth Kindom: largely mines and steel mills. The desert is mostly untouched by the Fire Nation but is a cesspool for bandits and the like

Water Tribes: Coastline turned into ports for fishing and trading.

Fire Nation: The Fire Nation is everywhere. Need I state this.

Air Nomads: The "ghost towns" of the world, ancient ruins of the once-prosperous Air Nomads remain untouched.))

Neither of them liked the cold. It was horrible for a man used to desert warmth, and even worse for a creature meant to roam these said deserts. Detrin sat upon his pet through the snow, his animal hide cloak wrapped tightly around him. With him was a tall woman with raven black hair and golden eyes. It had long since gotten dark, which meant the two benders were out illegally. Like it bothered them. A small flame flickered in the palm of the woman's hand, illuminating the way further away from the ports.

Not much farther now, this way. She muttered to the man trailing her. Nobody believed her when she claimed to have found glaciers taller than ships. Nobody but Detrin. And of course, the boy wanted to see them for himself. The wrecked Fire Nation ships was sure to have loot on them.

A while of walking ended at the lip of the icy sea. This was when it was Detrin's turn to take over. The Earthbender effortlessly created a bridge for the two of them to cross. It was shallow, so the ground had been close enough for him to bend. The glaciers were close enough to touch as they walked further out. How much further is it? the boy groaned. His answer came with a sharp look from Namina.

Not far. The closest ship I saw was over that wa-

Infuriated snarling from the beast Detrin rode cut Mina off. It stopped abruptly to curls its lips back at a massive wall of ice. One of the smaller glaciers had the Armadillo Lion upset. Get your cat to shut up, kid! The woman snapped. She spun around to scold Detrin, the flame in her hand flaring up as she did so. This was enough light for her to notice something...odd. It looked like...Slowly did Namina turn to face the very wall Saret had been growling at. Impossible She breathed. Her eyes must be deceiving her! There was a kid and a giant furry monster in the glacier! Panic hit as soon as Mina realized what she saw was real. That kid could be dead! The woman darted to the glacier and placed both hands on it. The ice began to hiss and melt as she heated her hands up to an unbearable temperature. Kid! Help me out here!

The boy in the iceberg had been silent for many years. Of course, he wasn't actually aware that he was in an iceberg at all so the silence was expected. For over a hundred years, he had remained encased in ice, hands together and legs crossed. Until, suddenly, the ice near him began to melt. Despite not actually being aware of his surroundings, this quickly triggered a reaction within the boy. It was time. He was ready.

Something old and powerful flared up and the tattoos on his body began to glow with incredible light as a large crack raced up the iceberg, splitting it open at the top. His eyes opened to reveal the same, glowing light that filled the iceberg and rose upwards, filling the cracks that had been made in the weakened ice. With a loud roar, the energy blasted the top of the iceberg in a massive column of light that lit up the night sky. As the light faded, the ice around the boy and his bison melted. Tattoos and eyes still glowing, the boy in the iceberg stood up and jumped up to the edge of the bowl-shaped ice that remained of the iceberg. The entire top had been blown off entirely by the blast of light. For several moments, he stood there, staring down at the woman who had tried to release him and the man on his animal. Then, the light flickered and died from his skin and eyes and he tipped forwards, crashing down the side of the iceberg towards them.

((*GASP* Avatar: The Last Airbender? I'll definitely join this, if you're still open.))

Edited by Backup77

This was bad. This was really bad. The good news was that this new boy was somehow alive. The bad news was that he made some giant beacon of light that basically screamed "hey! Look at me!". Namina rushed forward to catch the boy, nearly falling into the water when she did so. She staggered with the weight in her arms and ended up falling on her butt. Turning her head to glare up at Detrin, she scowled.

Get off your cat so we can put him on it! she barked.

Detrin did this with reluctance, but helped Namina lift the boy onto Saret's green saddle. His clothes...they were like nothing he'd seen before. The orange and yellow was from Air Nomads, but, the Aid Nomads had been wiped out for over 110 years. How was this boy alive?

While Detrin was busy taking care of their new traveler, Namina edged closer to the flying bison that stood on the remaining piece of ice. C'mon, this way big guy. I ain't gonna hurt ya. Follow me, your kid is over this way.

Username:LeviathinGeneral

Name: Torin

History: Raised in the fire nation, he is half fire bender and half earth bender. His father was a war marshal for the imperial army 7 years prior to this, but left after seeing innocent villages burned to the ground. His father was killed by fire benders while protecting Torin's mother, an earth bender who attacked a soldier who killed a earth bending child because she was bending pebbles.

Personality: Revengeful, Shy, secretive.

Element: (Prodigy Fire {Lightning})

Appearance: Black hair, black eyes, 6 foot 5. Wears black and red.

Side: Rebel

Pets: A Saber tooth moose lion named Sword and a Raven eagle named Arrow

Other:He is currently hiding out in the Western Air temple.

Edited by LeviathinGeneral

((I'm going to avoid accepting any further sheets until Takhesis gives her opinion on wanting this open or not. If you like, I can message you all with the verdict for those wanting to join.))

The boy was unresponsive until he was placed onto the back of the Armadillo lion, at which point his eyes slowly opened. Very slowly and obviously weak, he turned his head to the side to watch the two move about the ice. That was strange. He couldn't remember flying to the South Pole. Or landing, for that matter. Hmmm.... Oh well, he could deal with that later. For now, he had to work out the stiffness in his joints and focus on waking up from his power nap. Appa had probably just landed while he had been sleeping. That storm had been dangerous.

The flying bison opened his large eyes and groaned loudly, slowly shuffling to his feet. It was difficult for the large creature to move after so long and he felt stiff. But Aang was nearby and he wasn't about to leave his friend alone. So he shuffled forward and lurched his way out of the iceberg.

Toph sulked in her cell. She didn't think anything could have been worse than her parents overprotectiveness.

But she was wrong. She used to be able to sneak away to enter Bending competitions, and damn it, she was good at them. No-one had been able to out-manoeuvre her in the arena.

Now all the Fire Nation thought she was good for was the deep mining operation. After all, the darkness couldn't bother the blind girl.

It doesn't. But its the principle of the thing. Toph thought viciously, part of her wishing there was something she could do.

Fat chance of that. The only one capable of 'bringing balance' is the Avatar. And the Avatar is a myth - otherwise the Fire Nation would never have succeeded.

Before she could muse anymore, the Fire Guard came around to let her out for her shift.

"Time to get work." Toph walked out calmly - she still had her pride. The guards were still surprised she could find her way through the tunnels without a guiding hand. Not that they'd have offered one anyway.

[Re: More RPers - I wouldn't mind having more players - if only to get a Bender or 2 for each Element]

Edited by Takhesis

Hey, hey are you alright? Detrin eyed Aang worriedly as the younger boy finally opened his eyes. Okay, so not dead. But was he responsive? Saret settled down in the snow, turning his head to study who had been placed on his back. A stranger, but not dangerous. Too small and weak to be dangerous. With a huff of satisfaction, Saret lowered his head to rest it on his paws.

Once Appa waddled onto solid ground, Namina grinned. That was easier than expected. She patted one of the sky bison's massive legs. Atta boy. What to do with a giant bison and a bald kid, though? They couldn't sneak back into town with those two. The both of them stuck out like sore thumbs. What do we do from here? Going back isn't an option and I can't warm everyone up myself. Any suggestions from either of you? Mina's stern golden gaze flickered to Detrin and Aang as she spoke. She walked towards them, another flame coming to life in her hand so she could see the two of them. You cold, kiddo? You don' have much more than pieces o' cloth on. 'S a wonder you haven't frozen t' death.

((How do you suggest Toph meets the others, Tak?))

Edited by shadow_claw

Aang looked over at the older man curiously, blinking several times. Suddenly, he placed his palms on the side of the animal and used it to push himself up into a sitting position on his back. Immediately, he crossed his legs and looked at his two rescuers, unaware of what they had actually done. "Yeah, I'm fine," He replied immediately before turning his head to look at the woman. "Actually, I'm quite warm," He said with a toothy grin. Something finally occurred to him and he looked back and forth between the two before looking around at the ice suspiciously. "I could have sworn this was the South pole," He said with a frown, scratching the back of his bald head. "But you two aren't dressed like Water Tribe. Oh, and you're holding fire." He gestured idly to the flame in the woman's hand as if it was a second-hand thought compared to the clothes they were wearing. "Where would we be going back to? Which nation is this?"

((We don't have any waterbenders or nonbenders. Although, I do prefer 1xsmall-numbers. They tend to move more quickly. I'm not sure...))

Edited by pudding

((I'd prefer a smaller Rp, but that's just me.))

Mina looked at the boy as if he had two heads. What sort of question was that? She was about to ask this was Detrin spoke up. You're right, it's the South Pole. But nobody around here is from the South Pole anymore. I'm from Ba Sing Se, while she's from Fire Fountain City. We came down here to work, just like everybody else. he answered. Mina nodded at his explanation and crossed her arms. A thought occurred to her shortly after Detrin finished speaking.

Wait up a second. There haven't nations fer fifteen years. Kid...how long have ya been in that block o' ice? Her gaze grew somewhat worried as she spoke. Had he been in there before the Air Nomads were destroyed? That was over one-hundred years! She bit her lip and glanced around. We need t' get goin'. There's a mine not too far from here that's big enough t' fit you guys' pets. We can talk there. This way. With that, the flame flared up a little, and she began to lead the way to the mine. At least they'd be out of the cold there. As she walked, she turned her head to look over at the new child. Saret had started moving as soon as Detrin had, and kept moderately close behind Mina. What's yer name, anyways? I'm Namina, and that's Detrin.

Detrin patted his armadillo lion on the head as they walked. The large creature rumbled a purr in response. The fellow you're riding is Saret. What's the name of your...bison thing?

"Fifteen years?" Aang asked in shock as he glanced back at Appa. This was terrible! He had been so confused running away and it turned out he had been gone for fifteen years. Monk Gyatso must've been so worried about him. And his room was probably so messy! On the bright side, maybe fifteen years was long enough for the elders to convince him not to go to a different temple. "I guess a lot has changed around here," He said, holding a hand up to his eyes and squinting into the darkness, as if this would somehow make him see better. It didn't. "I'm Aang," He replied, turning quickly to the woman. "That's Appa, my flying bison. It's nice to meet you!" He patted the Armadillo Lion's head then looked around again. "I didn't know there were any mines here at all. I thought it was just a lot of ice. It must have taken a lot of Earth Benders to dig that up!"