non

Mysgardia

user posted image

user posted image

Some exciting new changes on Mysgardia!

April Creature Releases:

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Imps and Cherubims! These species are inspired after angels and demons. Imps were actually directly created from Cherubims in an illegal practice known as creature alchemy.

Changes:

New pet fields: companions and held items. You can now set your pets even more apart from the rest by giving them small companions and items to hold. New items will be released at random and always during events. Make sure you're on for every holiday and event to get the limited edition items!

New profile add-on: visitor messages! Now you can leave lovely messages on other users' profiles for everyone to see. Be sure to tell your friends how much you love their sanctuary. <3

New area: the Ruins. The Ruins are the final permanent area released on the site! Here, you will mostly find gold and items to be used in alchemy. Eventually we will release mythic species that can only, and rarely, be found by users here.

Upcoming: Alchemy! The feature that has long been awaited by everyone is almost here. Once alchemy is implemented, users can create more valuable and unique items that can be sold, traded, equipped, and used on pets!

Upcoming features within the next few months: Creature Sorting, Alchemy, Member profile comments, Member Profile HTML & CSS

--------------------------------------------------------

We are currently in beta, though close to being an "official site." View our changelog here. It is updated almost daily: http://mysgardia.com/forum/thread-11.html

FEATURES

• Exploration system
  • Alternate rare albino forms of creatures
  • Ability to breed your creatures
  • Pound system to abandon/adopt unwanted creatures
  • Randomly generated creature personalities
  • Randomly generated creature magic skills
  • Friend other players
  • Items to help you or your creatures
  • Trade system for items and creatures
  • Promo code system (Whispering Well)
  • Private Messaging
  • Onsite clickery (Daycare)
  • Chatbox
  • Forum
  • Members List, Who's Online, & Top 10 Stats
WE ARE SEEKING CODERS, ARTISTS, AND WRITERS

Please contact me if you are interested in a position. There is more info on staff positions in the forum, which I encourage you to go to and read before contacting me. I am mostly seeking concept artists for creatures, writers for creature articles, and coders for the new site.

Click our logo above to go to the site, or copy and paste this URL into your address bar:

http://mysgardia.com/index

Edited by non

Oh, cool! I adopted a black flower cat, it's awesome. smile.gif My name is Sylva on there.

I keep getting a 404 error access forbidden error when I try to go to the website sad.gif

I keep getting a 404 error access forbidden error when I try to go to the website sad.gif

Don't worry, she's going to launch a new, better site and forum around summer/fall. smile.gif

I keep getting a 404 error access forbidden error when I try to go to the website :(

Sorry about that. I'm currently using a free host, but like Lamp said, around summer or fall I will be launching the official site with paid hosting and its own domain name mysgardia.com (:

Added two new species to the site!

Blubies and Wendigos:

user posted image

user posted image

Blubies are large insects that produce the most delicious honey in all of Mysgardia. They live in large hives that primarily focus on caring for the young and collecting nectar to create honey. They are common and can be taken freely from the Egg Nest.

Wendigos are rare, dangerous creatures that are highly sought after by poachers and farmers for their special milk. It isn't wise to take on a Wendigo by yourself, as they are extremely powerful dark magic users. If one of these beasts happens to find you, you'd better hope you know some light magic spells to ward it off! These creatures are available for 875 gold in the Egg Emporium.

Also a creature that's been in the making is the Minkoon, which will be released soon. Eggs and adult sprites have been completed. Just need to sprite the babies. ^^

user posted image

I'd be tempted to apply as an artist if this was an actual paid position. Oh well.

Cute pixels though.

@Light Concorde, thanks for the interest nevertheless. I wish I could pay my staff, but at the moment I can't.

If Mysgardia ever gets a decently sized user base, and we make revenue from advertisements and user donations, a percentage each month will go to staff. Of course there's no way of telling if that will ever happen, but yea! Perhaps check again in the future?

Thank you!

12/2/2015

Christmas exclusive creature dropping in the Egg Nest!

There is a new creature dropping in the Egg Nest, and it will only be available for December. After that, it won't be available again until next Christmas! This one has slightly better chances of being hatched albino, so adopt and breed as many as you can!

user posted image

An Explore System has been added to the site!

Once it's completed, members can explore 4 different biomes (at the moment, only 1) in order to find valuable items and rare creatures. Members are only able to explore 20 times in a day, then can explore again once 24 hours have passed.

Alternatively, if members would rather earn some quick cash, they can spend their explore points instead on Fishing, which is an easier way to earn cash, rather than exploring biomes.

An Explore System has been added to the site!

Once it's completed, members can explore 4 different biomes (at the moment, only 1) in order to find valuable items and rare creatures. Members are only able to explore 20 times in a day, then can explore again once 24 hours have passed.

Alternatively, if members would rather earn some quick cash, they can spend their explore points instead on Fishing, which is an easier way to earn cash, rather than exploring biomes.

Where on the site is this? I went to the Explore area and I could not find any biome at all.

Where on the site is this? I went to the Explore area and I could not find any biome at all.

Go to mysgardia.com/explore

On that page should be an image map. You'll see different area circle graphics on the map. The only one currently clickable is the wintry/cold biome one.

If you can't see the image map for some reason, go to mysgardia.com/explorearea1

I'll work on getting plain text links added for those who can't see the image.

Also new creature update:

The creature below is a rare creature called an Amoura. It can only be found in tropical biomes, however it will temporarily be available in the cold biomes since the other areas haven't been created.

user posted image

Go to mysgardia.com/explore

On that page should be an image map. You'll see different area circle graphics on the map. The only one currently clickable is the wintry/cold biome one.

If you can't see the image map for some reason, go to mysgardia.com/explorearea1

I'll work on getting plain text links added for those who can't see the image.

Also new creature update:

The creature below is a rare creature called an Amoura. It can only be found in tropical biomes, however it will temporarily be available in the cold biomes since the other areas haven't been created.

user posted image

Thanks but would it not be easier just to but a link to the world map in the Explore area? That way new players would not have to ask the same question I did when trying to find it?

Thanks but would it not be easier just to but a link to the world map in the Explore area? That way new players would not have to ask the same question I did when trying to find it?

Oh yes I plan on adding a World link under the Explore tab. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. (:

Oh yes I plan on adding a World link under the Explore tab. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. (:

Oh okay and I am glad to be of help smile.gif

I like the simple lines and shading some of these creatures have. I could easily imagine them being animated, or in a game or something of the like =o

I like the simple lines and shading some of these creatures have. I could easily imagine them being animated, or in a game or something of the like =o

Thanks! ^^

Pokemon and some talented artists on deviantART heavily influenced my style. If you notice in my signature, those were old sprites that were going to be used on the site until my style did a complete 180 haha!

Animation for them would be totally awesome, but I can't even imagine attempting that right now. *-*

Actually we do have some animation for them. The eggs shake when they get closer to hatching LOL

I think there should be a cap on how many turns you get per day in the world area. I keep going and going and going and I keep getting the same messages and it does get to one after a bit.

Thanks for the input Jedi. At the moment, exploring will be unlimited. I'm not experienced enough with PHP to figure out how to make a working limit yet. I'm working on getting us a coder though.

There will be a limit in the near future however. All I can suggest for you to do is to continue trying to get something. You will eventually. The rares aren't meant to be found easily. Also, as we get more creatures added, you will have better chances at finding something. Right now you can only find 5 different ones from exploring.

Thank you!

Thanks for the input Jedi. At the moment, exploring will be unlimited. I'm not experienced enough with PHP to figure out how to make a working limit yet. I'm working on getting us a coder though.

There will be a limit in the near future however. All I can suggest for you to do is to continue trying to get something. You will eventually. The rares aren't meant to be found easily. Also, as we get more creatures added, you will have better chances at finding something. Right now you can only find 5 different ones from exploring.

Thank you!

really? the first time I did it I did it for a few times and after ten minutes it said I had done enough for one night. now I keep going and going.

Oh okay, also how do I trade one uncommon egg of a gender I have 2 of the same of for another uncommon egg I need a different egg gender for? Also is there a limit to how many eggs we can have at a time?

I just joined I'm Zero and I'm slowly looking around, I would welcome any tips

I have no clue what I'm doing

don't worry worked that out myself

Edited by InugamiZERO

@Jedi, yes, there was a limit when I first implemented the system, but there was a very huge bug in it that I couldn't figure out how to fix without getting into more complex coding, so I had to remove the limit.

Also, I would suggest either posting in the forums or chatbox to see if anyone is interested in trading with you. I have a few Uncommon Lunoths, so if you wanna initiate a trade with me feel free, just tell me what gender you want. (: You can do it under the Explore tab and go to the Trading page.

--------------

@InugamiZERO welcome to Mysgardia! If you still need help, you can check out the New Member Guide in the forums, or just send me some PMs with any questions you have.

Thanx, I'll have a look at the New Member Guide but I think I've worked out what's what

@Jedi, yes, there was a limit when I first implemented the system, but there was a very huge bug in it that I couldn't figure out how to fix without getting into more complex coding, so I had to remove the limit.

Also, I would suggest either posting in the forums or chatbox to see if anyone is interested in trading with you. I have a few Uncommon Lunoths, so if you wanna initiate a trade with me feel free, just tell me what gender you want. (: You can do it under the Explore tab and go to the Trading page.

Oh okay just was wondering that's all.

What name do you go by in the game? I tried the one you have on here and the one with the gold star next to it and I keep getting a error message.

I want to trade an Amoura egg for a Male Uncommon Lunoth egg.