Contents

First: Thread Information - Here

Second: Faction Information

Third: Extra Information

Fourth: Accepted Characters

Fifth: Character Spillover

Sixth: Beginning Setting

Story

The world is shattered, crumbling to pieces and turning into dust, falling apart to drift endlessly through space. Why? The planet is dying, war-torn, and thousands are trying to put it back together; but each have different ideas about how to do so. Factions have separated nations based on their ideas for the planet's revival and for their own survival. With each piece of the planet that breaks off, bottomless chasms splinter across what remains, mountains tumble or rise to shake the surface, volcanoes spit out molten lava or cave in on themselves. The oceans have grown deeper or shallower depending on how the land has shifted beneath the surface. As the shape of the planet changes, the atmospheric layers are altered, allowing for higher levels of radiation from the sun's rays to penetrate. Further radiation escapes from the exposed, molten, core of the planet. It is no longer a very habitable home....

Entire ecosystems have been altered, destroyed or thrown into upheaval, wiping out populations of animals and causing many species to go extinct. What does survive is exposed to the radiation, to growing diseases from mutilated carcasses, famine, and drastic climate changes. The human race is just as vulnerable. Radiation has caused various mutations in many individuals and surviving creatures. These mutations developed as physical distortions or skill enhancements - abilities if you will. Those who didn't die from such mutations may have unwillingly gathered followers, unchanged individuals looking to power for protection and survival. More factions form at nearly a constant rate, people grouping together for safety or joining with an already fashioned society. As governments weaken and fall to rising sources of strength, ties to other nations are shattered and mayhem disrupts the social order. Without the steady enforcement of legislature, crime rises and living means you are only looking out for yourself.

As the law of the land changes, twisting from one hand into another or a third, surviving scientists of each remaining country furiously search for the answer that would revert the damage done or make it stop. However, none of these formed groups can communicate with another due to collapsed infrastructure and increasingly difficult obstacles in attempts to make repairs. This created conflict as a consequence and disrupted many ideas that have been acted upon.

And how did this chaos begin? From astroids colliding with the moon and propelling its broken shards into the Earth.

Plot

Everyone is fighting for survival. The number of deaths each day continues to increase rapidly, leaving many to wonder if they'll see the light of dawn again. With living being a daily struggle, most individuals do not have the time to worry about the state of the world. That concern is left mostly to the ruling factions. With leaders trying to recruit as many people as possible to boost their influencing power, they make promises of revitalizing the planet or securing the survival of their followers. However, not all promises are kept and secrets can corrupt pure intentions. So, what is the best course of action then? Worry about yourself and make sure you survive.

Useful Information

Factions

There are four supreme factions that have current control over what remains of the planet (about two-thirds or three-fifths). They are: the Reformationists, Berne, Blue Lotus, and Pandora. However, a faction called Enigma has sprouted and separated itself from Pandora; it is rapidly gaining influence and power.

Reformationists: A highly religious faction, generating their own belief system about the Almighty's wrath to reshape the planet and its inhabitants until only the Perfect Ones remain. They believe that people with physical mutations or enhanced abilities are Perfect Ones.

Berne: They consist of thieves and criminals that stick to the shadows. They prefer to remain unnoticed while they hollow out the governments and create their dominion, controlling the masses unknowingly by corrupting the power system and taking command.

Blue Lotus: These individuals believe everything happens for a reason. They have the mindset that the planet is not breaking apart, just reformatting itself. Additionally, these people generally do not have the morals that is accepted or witnessed in ideal societies.

Pandora: A group working on a scientific approach to repair the planet. Ideas and experiments are being created in attempts to retrieve lost pieces of the world and secure them around the Earth's core or simply cease the destruction and rebalance nature for survival.

Enigma: With similar aims as Pandora, these scientists have discarded all religion and opposing ideas. They consider mutations to be below normal humans and seek to find the exact cause of the mutations, how to reverse it, and how to bring the planet back together, free of "ignorant" beings.

Rules and Regulations

1. Follow all rules of the DC Forums. Pretty easy.
  2. Please follow my rules to the best of your ability.
  3. No God-modding/power play. No Mary-Sues/Gary-Stues. Do not kill another person's character(s) without their strict permission and without informing me. Use your common sense for any other Dos and Don'ts.
  4. This will be semi-literate and above. I expect posts to be at least four lines long, not sentences. If your computer screen is not of an average display size, go with your gut. If you have a paragraph of between 6 and 10 developed sentences, you'll pretty much be in the clear.
  5. Regarding Factions, your character(s) must be in one of the five listed. If you desire to create your own, less dominant, faction, you are free to PM me with your ideas. If you desire for your character to be on his/her own, again, PM me with your ideas. This means, you must message me with your reasoning for why the faction should be created or why your character must survive on his/her own.
  6. You are free to have a character with abilities or physical distortions (such as enhanced speed, strength, hearing -etc.- or altered eyes, bone structure, different appendages -etc.-) but do keep them reasonable. No one is Superman.
  7. Characters are still human. There are no half-angels, demons, or other powerful beings of myth. However, this does not deny someone the creativity of giving their character grotesque wings covered with skin membrane.
  8. I wish for people to be as active as possible, however, that does not mean I am ignorant about life happening. Please notify me through PM or thread message if you are going to be unable to post longer than three or four days. Otherwise, waiting people will have the permission to post without you.
  9. For summaries to catch up, please do not ask and simply read what has been posted if it has only been one or two pages since your last post. I'll be keeping a post for updates on anything important.
  10. All forms shall be PM'd (titled Apocalypse) to me. Please do try to keep a balanced ratio between "normal" and "abnormal" humans. I do have the freedom of declining forms.
Character Sheet

Please delete my comments in []. Otherwise, do not alter the sheet.

[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Full Name:[/B] [First and Last. You are free to add a middle and/or nickname.]
[B]Age:[/B] [I will not put a desired age group but, please, do be reasonable for the setting.]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] [You may add a photo but I would prefer at least a paragraph in written description.]
[b]Personality:[/b] [Again, at least a paragraph so I may know what kind of character this person is.]
[b]History:[/b] [This is not optional. No "unknowns" or "he/she won't tell." Your character does not have to share his/her backstory to other characters but I desire to know something. However, you are free to ask for me to omit the history from public display.]
[b]Faction:[/b]
[b]Any mutations?:[/b] [Please elaborate.]
[b]Equipment:[/b] [This can range from weapons, personal items, objects pertinent to survival or hobbies, etc.]
[b]Strengths:[/b] [No more than five. These are skills but they must be relevant to the character's history/personality. I don't want a female ballet dancer with a black belt in karate unless she actually took some form of lessons because dad always wanted a son.]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] [At least three, one of which must be a fear.]
[b]Extra:[/b] [Anything not given a specific section or that you simply wish to share.]

Edited by Narvix

Contents

First: Thread Information

Second: Faction Information - Here

Third: Extra Information

Fourth: Accepted Characters

Fifth: Character Spillover

Sixth: Beginning Setting

Factions

Reformationists

• Span of Dominance
    • They dominate the Northwestern hemisphere.
    • Most bases found on North American continent, reaching up to the Southern end of Alaska and reaching down to Baja California, Mexico.
    • Control as far West as Hawaii and as far East as Colorado.
    • Few sea bases between continent and Hawaii.
  • Chain of Command
    • Leader: Kyle Pritun
    • Second in Command: Emily Hemmingway
  • Basic Information
    • To be filled in as time goes

Berne

• Span of Dominance
    • They dominate the Northeastern hemisphere.
    • Some bases found in the general area of Europe and down until Egypt.
    • Control as far West as New Hampshire and as far East as Moscow.
    • Multiple sea bases between North America and Europe.
  • Chain of Command
    • Leader: Rasputin Molinov
    • Second in Command: Harvey Ewen
  • Basic Information

Blue Lotus

• Span of Dominance
  • Chain of Command
    • Leader: Lauren Winchester
    • Second in Command: Patrick Nigel
  • Basic Information

Pandora

• Span of Dominance
  • Chain of Command
    • Leader: Windsor Quin
    • Second in Command: Michael Graft
  • Basic Information

Enigma

• Span of Dominance
  • Chain of Command
    • Leader: Rebecca Tine
    • Second in Command: Celia Forner
  • Basic Information
Edited by Narvix

I never got this off the ground. I will have this cleaned of posts and take applications for this. The two sheets I have will be saved in the event their writers still want to be part of this.