Shokomon

Releasing the Dragons [What dragons do you want in the Cave?]

What Types of Dragons (or Not Dragons) Do You Wish Were Released Into The Cave More Often?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I want more Amphipters to hoard along with my Sunsongs, more Eastern Dragons, more Non-Dragons (Leetles, Dinos, Chickens, etc.) and a Faerie dragon.

Of course while I'm here whining about wanting more dragons, it probably takes a lot more effort to actually make and release a dragon. rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Wow, it looks like A LOT of people want Eastern Dragons. blink.gif

Edited by gusearth1

I'd love to see some easterns! We have only a few of them and one of those are Shimmers which are not obtainable as CBs unless you are lucky enough to win the raffel *heavy sigh*

Otherwise, I would love to see more drakes because of their limited number, linwurms and amphipters because they are sooo pretty and some actual wyrms since we have none of those (as far as I know?) :3

I am not too fussed about un-breedable or dinoes, tho a new dino could be fun, except for the crash it would cause on trading xd.png

Edited by Phenri

I just wanna see new dragons, gimmie all teh dragons asap. I want em all on my scroll looking awesome as heck. Yeah~

Only one vote so Easterns! True eastern dragons please.

But we need more Pygmies that are Eventdragons like a Holidaypygmy or a adorable Valentinepygmy. wub.gif

More serpentine dragons, amphitheres and wyrms too! I love all dragons though so it really isn't hard to please me xd.png

I know they aren't everyone's favourite (including mine), but I always like when things like pygmies or drakes are released, as it means we can slowly start to get more nice checker options. I would like to get to the point where people aren't disappointed when something released is a pygmy or a drake because there ARE breeding options for it.

I think I'd just like more dragons in general, though more Pygmies, Drakes and Two-headed are *always* good. I would love it if one day I could go a giant lineage project for all three of those groups, just like I'm trying to do for the main cave population.

But right at the moment I want more Wyrms. I love that we have some at long last, but I want more.

...Faerie dragons would also be nice, haha.

I believe we have enough Western dragons and Wyverns right now.

I think adding new species of dragon subtypes that are few in number would be great. (Amphiptere, Lindwurm, Drakes (both), Eastern, Leviathans, Pygmies, Hybrids). It's also awesome that we just got our first Wyrms on the site. I think a lot of others agree with this because the past few releases have mostly been comprised of non-western Dragons.

It would be great to see new Dinos, (especially with Jurassic World's mega-success), and maybe a new non-dragon species in the distant but near future. Maybe even a dinosaur-based dragon like a Drake based on a Velociraptor or T. rex haha.

ALSO FAERIES xd.png

I love that this is Dragon Cave and not any kind of creature under the sun is here like on sites such as MagiStream. That's what makes this place unique. Although it would be neat to see maybe an unbreedable cave-only Phoenix or other mythological creature that is closely knitted with dragons one day.

Edited by Zilla360

I put that I'd just like more dragons, which is true, but I'd overall probably mostly prefer Easterns, Westerns, Wyrms! (preferably created by our lovely and charming Wyrm Queen, who so clearly has it down to a science,) Amphiteres and Pygmies, personally.

More dragons always works for me, though - as long as I can catch/breed them, lol.

Have a dog here who feels that anything other than puppy-patting needs a nose-nudge under the nearest typing/mouse hand... either that, or he thinks I'm Kleenex, lol.

The second option would be incorrect...

It's been a long time (more than a year actually) since I started this post. A lot has changed. There are more new dragons of various types in the cave (including WYRMS, HUZZAH!) As such, would it be okay if I reset the poll? I would like to get an assay on people's current feelings.

Would that be okay or would that be inappropriate?

Edit: The New poll would be almost the same as the one above, except with a couple more additions. (See Below)

Poll Options:

Western Dragons

Eastern Dragons

Sea Serpents/Leviathans

Two-Headed Dragons

Wyverns

Amphipteres

Pygmies

Drakes (DC)

Drakes (Traditional)

Lindwurms/Lindwyrms/Linnorms/Lindworms

Wyrms

Faerie Dragons

(EDIT) No Particular Type [aka "I don't care. I just want new dragons."]

Multiple Types [aka "I can't possibly chose between X and Y!"] (Explain in Post)

New DC-only Types [like DC Drakes] (Explain in Post)

(NEW!) New Dragon Types [DC or Otherwise] (Explain in Post)

Non-Dragon - Dinos

Non-Dragon - Leetles

(NEW!) Non-Dragon - Chickens [includes Male Chicken/Rooster]

(EDIT) Non-Dragons - Other [includes other magical creatures.] (Explain in Post)

Other (Explain in Post)

(NEW!) EVERYTHING! [aka All options/All of the above.]

(NEW!) NOTHING! [aka "We don't need any more of anything!"] (Explain in Post)

Edit2: Change some words around so it made more sense.

Edit3: Added a party pooper option. xd.png

Edited by Shokomon

I'd love a rooster. And maybe even other types of birds than chickens so we have multiple "breeds" that we can breed together to make bird lineages.

Apart from that, I'd just like any new non-Western dragons. Easterns, wyrms, wyverns, drakes, whatever, if it adds variety, especially for the dragons that can only be bred with a few other dragons, it's good. Although I don't dislike regular Western dragons - I'm fine with them too.

Also, something that can breed with two different categories of dragon, like something that can breed with both pygmies and regular dragons, so you could have a lineage with both a pygmy and a stone in it.

And hybrids. Hybrids are cool, although they suck for lineages. Like those seasonal x balloon dragons that I saw a while ago, they were really good. Weather balloons or something.

Edited by BananaGummyBear64

Yes, however, it already seems there is a big push from artists and mods and admins to already seem to be focused on this in large part. So I'm not entirely sure how much good a poll would do. If it's already in the works and been in the works, this poll isn't going to have any impact what's already in process or queued for the next 6-12 months. So you may want to ask people to consider that if things continue to progress as they have been, what do you project we will still need more or want or think will be missed or overlooked or other projected thoughts.

Edited by natayah

Yes, however, it already seems there is a big push from artists and mods and admins to already seem to be focused on this in large part. So I'm not entirely sure how much good a poll would do. If it's already in the works and been in the works, this poll isn't going to have any impact what's already in process or queued for the next 6-12 months.  So you may want to ask people to consider that if things continue to progress as they have been, what do you project we will still need more or want or think will be missed or overlooked or other projected thoughts.

I'm so sorry it took forever to respond to this. Kinda forgot I had this thread, since it rarely updates and I'm still working on all the banners.

I am assuming you are saying yes to a new poll, so thanks for the response. As for the point of the poll, even if it doesn't do much for the things already in queue, it can affect request that aren't in the queue yet, and influence requests in the Dragon Requests thread. Though, I mostly made this thread because I wanted to what people wanted to see more of in the cave or rather, what peoples preferences are.

However, You bring up a good point. I'll see if I can add it to the front post.

Now who do I ask, so I can reset the pool?

Edit: Typos.

Edited by Shokomon

Poll baleet for new start since it's been a while. o3o

What type(s) of dragons do you wish were released into the Cave more often? (Pick your TOP choice.)

Western Dragons [ 15 ] [4.30%]

Eastern Dragons [ 80 ] [22.92%]

Sea Serpents/Leviathans [ 21 ] [6.02%]

Two-Headed Dragons [ 6 ] [1.72%]

Wyverns [ 14 ] [4.01%]

Amphipteres [ 16 ] [4.58%]

Pygmies [ 22 ] [6.30%]

Drakes (DC) [ 20 ] [5.73%]

Drakes (Traditional) [ 2 ] [0.57%]

Lindwurms/Lindwyrms/Linnorms/Lindworms [ 16 ] [4.58%]

Wyrms [ 10 ] [2.87%]

Faerie Dragons [ 30 ] [8.60%]

No Particular Type [aka "I just want new dragons."] [ 47 ] [13.47%]

Multiple Types [aka "I can't possibly chose between X and Y!"] (Explain in Post) [ 18 ] [5.16%]

New DC-only Types [like DC Drakes] (Explain in Post) [ 1 ] [0.29%]

Non-Dragon - Dinos [ 5 ] [1.43%]

Non-Dragon - Leetles [like the Leetle Tree] [ 10 ] [2.87%]

Non-Dragons - Other [Male Chicken/Rooster, etc.] (Explain in Post) [ 7 ] [2.01%]

Other (Explain in Post) [ 9 ] [2.58%]

Total Votes: 349

Easterns as long as they don't look like noodles xd.png

Although Pygmies and Amphipteres come in close second and make it hard to decide

Poll baleet for new start since it's been a while. o3o

What type(s) of dragons do you wish were released into the Cave more often? (Pick your TOP choice.)

Western Dragons  [ 15 ]   [4.30%]

Eastern Dragons  [ 80 ]   [22.92%]

Sea Serpents/Leviathans  [ 21 ]   [6.02%]

Two-Headed Dragons  [ 6 ]   [1.72%]

Wyverns  [ 14 ]   [4.01%]

Amphipteres  [ 16 ]   [4.58%]

Pygmies  [ 22 ]   [6.30%]

Drakes (DC)  [ 20 ]   [5.73%]

Drakes (Traditional)  [ 2 ]   [0.57%]

Lindwurms/Lindwyrms/Linnorms/Lindworms  [ 16 ]   [4.58%]

Wyrms  [ 10 ]   [2.87%]

Faerie Dragons  [ 30 ]   [8.60%]

No Particular Type [aka "I just want new dragons."]  [ 47 ]   [13.47%]

Multiple Types [aka "I can't possibly chose between X and Y!"] (Explain in Post)  [ 18 ]   [5.16%]

New DC-only Types [like DC Drakes] (Explain in Post)  [ 1 ]   [0.29%]

Non-Dragon - Dinos  [ 5 ]   [1.43%]

Non-Dragon - Leetles [like the Leetle Tree]  [ 10 ]   [2.87%]

Non-Dragons - Other [Male Chicken/Rooster, etc.] (Explain in Post)  [ 7 ]   [2.01%]

Other (Explain in Post)  [ 9 ]   [2.58%]

Total Votes: 349

Hurray! Thank you Sock! Now, its time and set up the poll, and vote again! The cave has changed a lot (which is a bit of an understatement), since the first poll was made.

It looks like most of us wanted more Easterns. And we got more too!

But the second most popular choice is that we just didn't care and wanted more dragons. Which also happened.

And we also got wyrms!

I wonder what will be most popular now.

Maybe we will get a Faerie dragon, or rather any kind of insect-winged dragon, because there are a couple in the completed requests I'd love to see.

Well, on to make the new pool.

Edit: New Poll up! Please vote!

Edited by Shokomon

I voted for multiple types because we need more Pygmies, Two-headed Dragons and of course more Drakes!

I prefer more cute adorable little Pygmies like the original Pygmies or Crimson Flare or Dark Myst.

And i want a really all green Drake the Greater Spotted Drake is too brown for me.

Whoops. Apparently being nosy and looking at the results first means I can't vote. ovo;

Anyway, I still think there aren't many traditional drakes in the cave. Out of the five we have, three of them have some kind of fin/feather/thing where a wing would be. I'd like to see more without that.

That aside, all the dragons. :v I'm fine with any so long as we still get releases.

I voted for everything because the spriters work hard and hardly ever disappoint. I always find myself excited for every release. happy.gif

I think we need some rare two-headeds, drakes and pygmies

if i ever sprite anything more then C- grade eggs all i will make are drakes, pygmies and

two-headeds for a good long while

and I will either ask for rare like silvers and golds or common like moonstones and greys

I just love having any new dragons released laugh.gif

But I'd like to see more of the "non-traditional" types like drakes, two-headeds, pygmies, hybrids and so on.

And maybe one new Dino would be nice, too tongue.gif

I'd like to see more new dragons - though I'm NOT a fan of those who can only breed within their particular type. Don't really care for the dinos, but I COULD see my way to grabbing Roosters. But give me more dragons!

Overall I'd love to see more Easterns in the Cave.

However, my favorite dragon ever form the completed list (as of yet unreleased) is a Wyrm, so I wouldn't mind more of those either.