Shokomon

Releasing the Dragons [What dragons do you want in the Cave?]

What Types of Dragons (or Not Dragons) Do You Wish Were Released Into The Cave More Often?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

News: Current Poll

I wanted to redo the poll every year, but after the software change, I couldn't figure out how to do it...and then, I just plum forgot. But, now I have not one, but TWO polls! One for just specific dragon subtypes, and the other for more general things including non-dragons! Hopefully these will be more accurate! Please re-vote again!

----

Welcome to the Releasing the Dragons Thread!

It's something I've been curious about. How many of us want to see a certain type of dragon be introduced to the cave? Are we happy with our Western dragons? Or would we like more Easterns? Do most of us want more Pgymy dragons in the Cave? And possibly more DC Drakes? Are we satisfied with the introduction of 3 new 2-headed dragons? Or do we want dragons not even in the cave yet, like the Faerie dragons (which are considered unofficial as far as I know)? Could it possibly be that we don't even want a new dragon in the cave, but instead, want more Dinos? Or even a Rooster?

What are your opinions? Please vote and post!

Hopefully, this will help provide a gauge of the desires of the Dragon Cave community, and affect the types of releases we see in the future. This topic is for discussing what you WANT to see released and why, not for what is most likely to happen. (So, you can say you want to see X dragon, and someone else says they want to see Y dragon. But you shouldn't shoot down someone else because Y dragons being released into the cave is unlikely.)

As for my own opinion, I would like MOST to see a Wyrm Faerie introduced to the cave, now that we have wyrms. I would also like more Easterns, Wyrms, Drakes, and Pygmies as well. Increasing the diversity of dragons would be great.

--

And things to consider, because it's a good point:

natayah said:
Yes, however, it already seems there is a big push from artists and mods and admins to already seem to be focused on this in large part. So I'm not entirely sure how much good a poll would do. If it's already in the works and been in the works, this poll isn't going to have any impact what's already in process or queued for the next 6-12 months.  So you may want to ask people to consider that if things continue to progress as they have been, what do you project we will still need more or want or think will be missed or overlooked or other projected thoughts.

--

Explanation on Types:

Dragon Cave Wikia Explanation on Dragon Sub-types

Western Dragons

Eastern Dragons

Sea Serpents/Leviathans

Two-Headed Dragons

Wyverns

Amphipteres

Pygmies

Drakes (DC)

Drakes (Traditional)/Wingless Western

Lindwurms/Lindwyrms/Linnorms/Lindworms

Wyrms

Faerie Dragons

Non-Dragons

--

Edit:

BANNERS! that no one wants...

Voting for more Westerns:

1. I-WANT-MORE-WESTERNS-Banner1-Red.png

Voting for more Easterns:

1. I-WANT-MORE-EASTERNS-Banner2-Silver-M.png%C2%A0
  2. I-WANT-MORE-EASTERNS-Banner1-Silver-F.png

Voting for more Sea Serpent/Leviathans:

1. I-WANT-MORE-LEVIATHANS-Banner2-Water-M.png
  2. I-WANT-MORE-LEVIATHANS-Banner3-Water-F.png
  3. I-WANT-MORE-LEVIATHANS-Banner4-test-redo-SWater-M.png (Now Updated! ..Finally)
  4. I-WANT-MORE-LEVIATHANS-Banner5-SWater-F.png

Voting For more Lindwyrms:

(Taken down because don't have permission to use Blusangs. Will check other lindwyrms.

I will need to do these over again...)

Voting for Wingless Westerns:

None yet. To be made...eventually....

Voting for Wyverns:

1. I-WANT-MORE-WYVERNS-Banner1-Trihorn-F.pn 
  2. I-WANT-MORE-WYVERNS-Banner2-Trihorn-M.pn

(I should make another version of these...)

Voting for Wyrms:

1. I-WANT-A-WYRM-IN-THE-CAVE-Banner.png

(I actually need to change this to a "I WANT MORE WYRMS!" Banner, since we actually them now... One of which I helped make! :D) 

Voting for Pygmy Dragons:

Voting for Two-Headed Dragons:

Voting for DC Drakes:

Voting for Faeries:

1. I-WANT-A-FAERIE-IN-THE-CAVE-Banner.png 

(Still no Faeries in sight..)

Voting for Non-Dragons:

A) Rooster and Chickens

1. I-WANT-A-ROOSTER-IN-THE-CAVE-Banner.png 
  2. I-WANT-MORE-CHICKENS-Banner1.png
  3. I-WANT-MORE-CHICKENS-Banner2.png

B.) Dinosaurs

1. I-WANT-MORE-DINOS-Banner1.png
  2. I-WANT-MORE-DINOS-Banner2.png
  3. I-WANT-MORE-DINOS-Banner3.png
  4. I-WANT-MORE-DINOS-Banner4.png
  5. I-WANT-MORE-DINOS-Banner5.png
  6. I-WANT-MORE-DINOS-Banner6.png

C) Enchanted Objects

1. I-WANT-MORE-ENCHANTEDS-Banner1.png
  2. I-WANT-MORE-ENCHANTEDS-Banner2.png
  3. I-WANT-MORE-ENCHANTEDS-Banner3.png

D) Leetles

1. I-WANT-MORE-LEETLES-Banner1.png
  2. http://ow.ly/uC5HN

Voting for More Dragons:

(6 of them because I don't know which one I like best.)

A) I want more DRAGONS!

1. I-WANT-MORE-DRAGONS-Banner2.png
  2. I-WANT-MORE-DRAGONS-Banner3.png
  3. I-WANT-MORE-DRAGONS-Banner4.png
  4. I-WANT-MORE-DRAGONS-Banner5.png

B.) I just want more dragons.

1. I-WANT-MORE-DRAGONS-Banner6.png
  2. I-WANT-MORE-DRAGONS-Banner7.png

Voting for New Types:

1. I-WANT-A-IN-THE-CAVE-NEW-DRAGON-TYPES-Banner.png
  2. I-WANT-A-IN-THE-CAVE-NEW-DRAGON-TYPES-Banner1.png

Voting for Multiple Things:

A) Can't Choose

1. I-WANT-MULTIPLE-TYPES-Banner-I-CAN-T-CHOOSE1.png
  2. I-WANT-MULTIPLE-TYPES-Banner-I-CAN-T-CHOOSE2.png

B. Multiple Types

1. I-WANT-MULTIPLE-TYPES-Banner1.png

Voting for Everything:

(I couldn't decide which one looked best)

A) All the Things!

1. I-WANT-ALL-THE-THINGS-IN-THE-CAVE-Banner1.png
  2. I-WANT-ALL-THE-THINGS-IN-THE-CAVE-Banner2.png
  3. I-WANT-ALL-THE-THINGS-IN-THE-CAVE-Banner3.png
  4. I-WANT-ALL-THE-THINGS-IN-THE-CAVE-Banner4.png
  5. I-WANT-ALL-THE-THINGS-IN-THE-CAVE-Banner.png

B.) More of EVERYTHING!

1. I-WANT-MORE-OF-EVERYTHING-Banner2.png
  2. I-WANT-MORE-OF-EVERYTHING-Banner3.png
  3. I-WANT-MORE-OF-EVERYTHING-Banner4.png

Voting for Something Completely Different:

1. I-WANT-SOMETHING-DIFFERENT-Banner1.png

(I apologize if there was already a topic on this. I tried to search for one and got several unrelated topics.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Stupid typos.

Edit (12/5/21): Changing out all the photobucket images and adding a bunch of banners I made a LOOOOONG time ago, but never uploaded.

Edited by Shokomon
See above

I'd like to see expansion of the... don't quite know how to put it - maybe non-"traditional"-dragon groups, i.e. the 2-heads, drakes, and pygmies. At the moment it feels like there's very little room for variety or creativity if you want to breed them, and there's so few of them compared to the "traditional" types. It's a real shame.

And as I said in the "Completed List Favourites" thread, I'd love to see some really different-looking species within the traditionals, too - bipedal dragons would be cool to see, as well as more feathered ones (correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Whites and Moonstones the only dragons with feathers?).

I've been wanting a rooster since chickens fluttered onto my scroll. I also want more pygmies and drakes. We need more than 2 drakes.

I find it hard to choose between Western and Eastern, but I voted Eastern since Silver and Radiant Angel are two of my favorite dragon designs.

Though I do have lots of favorites...

I'd like to see expansion of the... don't quite know how to put it - maybe non-"traditional"-dragon groups, i.e. the 2-heads, drakes, and pygmies. At the moment it feels like there's very little room for variety or creativity if you want to breed them, and there's so few of them compared to the "traditional" types. It's a real shame.

And as I said in the "Completed List Favourites" thread, I'd love to see some really different-looking species within the traditionals, too - bipedal dragons would be cool to see, as well as more feathered ones (correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Whites and Moonstones the only dragons with feathers?).

I believe the feathered dragons in Cave are Whites, Snow Angels, Moonstones, and the New Radiant Angels, making 4 dragons in total,unless you include the half feathered-half webbed winged Soulpeaces (making 5).

I agree with you on your points though.

I wish we could choose more than one. Darn DC polls. D:

I like variety, but I do wish for more drakes, 2heads, and pygmies above the rest since they have specific breeding rules. I therefore chose drakes because they've got the least so far. (Could have picked the multiple options, but decided on just voting drakes because I could, lol.)

However, I'd also like to see more of just about everything on the list. =p More sea serpants, more wyverns, more amphipteres, more easterns, more wyrms. o3o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

PYGMIES!

*ahem* There are lots of nice pygmy concepts on the list. I would like to see more of those released so that those of us who adore pygmies have more options.

I would also really like to see more DC Drakes in the cave. There's even less of them than there are pygmies.

I want more weird concept dragons.

Stuff like the balloons and pillows and vines.

Nature is full of weird stuff like that, dc needs more of it 3;

I keep hoping for more DC-type Drakes since we've only got two, three if you count the different breeds of Glory Drakes. I would also love a rooster, but, since we're talking dragons here...

I can't choose between 2 headed & wyverns. They have the best sprites so far, in my opinion.

That and wyvern sounds awesome, so...

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

I voted for two-headed dragons, though, on the grounds that they are really the only ones that don't have any holidays. The pumkins were an adorable addition to the pygmies but both pygmies and two-heads are in dire need of variety and especially some holidays to make them more desirable to breed.

I would REALLY like another drake. They only have two breeding choices, three if you count the glories as two separate options.

Other than that, I would love to see easterns.

Personally I would love to see more of everything, but also I would like to see more non-dragons. Specifically I would like to see dragons like the Cheese and Paper. Enchanted item dragons. I have always wanted to see like a mechanical dragon, maybe an ink dragon (it is made of fluid ink and can't wander to far from its ink bottle home else it dries up) and maybe another enchanted food dragon like a bread dragon to go with our cheese dragon :3

Your poll needs moar options. tongue.gif And the ability to vote for more than one.

I want:

• more limited breeders (pygmies, drakes and 2-heads)

more metals

more hybrids

more rares

more dragons with multiple colors

more with special breeding rules like stripes, coppers, glories, suns, seasonals

more with alternates to breeding like vampires. (paper folding for example)

more sea serpents

more wyverns

more easterns

more...

heck, just give me more of everything. smile.gif

Oh, and a rooster.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Personally I would love to see more of everything, but also I would like to see more non-dragons. Specifically I would like to see dragons like the Cheese and Paper. Enchanted item dragons. I have always wanted to see like a mechanical dragon, maybe an ink dragon (it is made of fluid ink and can't wander to far from its ink bottle home else it dries up) and maybe another enchanted food dragon like a bread dragon to go with our cheese dragon :3

A bread dragon?! that sounds awesome!

I want to see a dragon that can bridge between multiple breeding types. Maybe a 2-headed drake, or a kind of dragon that can change its size at will, so it can breed with pygmies too.

More Metals and Alts and hybrids, also dragons with multiple colors, like the nebulas

I like eastern, western, wyvern, pretty much anything... anything that looks like a dragon. xd.png I.e. not too cartoonish, more like actual reptiles. That doesn't exclude things like bread dragons or the like, as long as they look like real animals that grew that way or real objects that were enchanted.

Easterns, Drakes, featherwings, a few westerns too because they're still cool, and a wyrm or two :3

We are in dire need of more drakes. All three of the less-used breeding groups need more, tbh, but drakes need it most, since they only have three sprites to choose from.

I'm all for more floofdragons, though. Feathers or fur, we need more floof in this game.

I would really love more of the other dragon types that can breed only between themselves, mostly Pygmies and DC Drakes, and also some Two-Headeds.

And I'd love to see more Dinos tongue.gif

Anyway, I'm happy with any dragon - I'd just like to see more BIG releases (maybe with the dragons I personally like best from the CL) tongue.gif

Your poll needs moar options. tongue.gif And the ability to vote for more than one.

I want:

• more limited breeders (pygmies, drakes and 2-heads)

more metals

more hybrids

more rares

more dragons with multiple colors

more with special breeding rules like stripes, coppers, glories, suns, seasonals

more with alternates to breeding like vampires. (paper folding for example)

more sea serpents

more wyverns

more easterns

more...

heck, just give me more of everything. smile.gif

Oh, and a rooster.

You know I did consider adding more options to the poll, but then I decided it would be too many things, and that I just wanted to focus on general Dragon breeds, and Non-dragon species, rather than super-specifiy.

For examples, Westerns included all types of westerns (featherned, normal, wingless-not-drakes, etc.). You can be more specific and say that you want Feather dragons, for example. That's what the "Other" Button is for.

I wish I could go back and add an "EVERYTHING" option and Change "NEW DC Types" to "NEW Dragon Types [DC or Otherwise]," which is what I really meant. Sigh...