Shokomon

Releasing the Dragons [What dragons do you want in the Cave?]

What Types of Dragons (or Not Dragons) Do You Wish Were Released Into The Cave More Often?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 6/7/2020 at 5:37 AM, Bloommist said:

I can see what you mean about the sepeperate sub groups, we do struggle to get some of the others more represented in cave but yes I would love to try haha, although I think we have seen a nice increase in recent releases espeshily pygmies 

And thanks I probably shouldn't of posted it here but it was just to demonstrate a basic idea Haha

I'm happy with any release all releases are appreciated honestly but yes in my dreams other subspecies eventually would be nice but I can see them incorporated in to the pygmies they would have to be small like them if not smaller 

On a side note, if you want to make a request out of these, I can delete the image and concepts out of my posts. You can do the same for yours, and then submit them in the DR.

Edit: Deleted them! You can ask @RealWilliamShakespeare to do the same.

Edited by Shokomon

Sorry i totally forgot I hadn't replyed to this I have removed, thank you :) i may ine day use the concept or submit the concept in the future

I would love more Eastern breeds, so I can do more lineage projects with Almeralds, and more DC-Drake breeds, so I can do fun checkers with Spotted Drakes!

It has been my hope for years to have more holiday dragons that belong to the more limited breeding pool subtypes. I want holiday drakes/two-headeds/another pygmy. In fact I was a little disappointed with the Pitfires because even though they are an awesome concept and the art is gorgeous, I thought at first they were drakes (due to the wing structure) and I was thrilled, so it was a bit of a let-down to find that they weren't. I know it's not like this for everyone, but holiday lineages are what keep me coming back to DC year after year, and I'd love to be able to include all the subtypes in that. The existing drake/pygmy/two-headed sprites are awesome, but except for pumpkins I don't get to use them in the way that's most fun for me.

Edited by Amberfly

I was looking at the suggestion thread about incorporating drakes into the main dragon egg group (that appears to be getting thoroughly shot down), and it's making me think: would more spriters be interested in making drakes if there were more drake-compatible body types available to them? For example, if an antlered, three-toed, wingless or finned drake with a lindwyrrm-style serpentine body and forelimbs was a possibility, would people be inclined to design some?

I think DragCave needs more drakes, preferably in some exciting colours. More two-headeds and pygmies would be good, too. There's more than enough dragons in the standard egg group for the time being.

I want more dragons that don't have horns and wings and travel by foot. More wolfish or feline-like types. Maybe a species used for agriculture by humans. The ground isn't just a place to sit between flights.

2 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

I was looking at the suggestion thread about incorporating drakes into the main dragon egg group (that appears to be getting thoroughly shot down), and it's making me think: would more spriters be interested in making drakes if there were more drake-compatible body types available to them? For example, if an antlered, three-toed, wingless or finned drake with a lindwyrrm-style serpentine body and forelimbs was a possibility, would people be inclined to design some?

I think that would be nice, one of the reasons drakes are uninteresting to me is how restrictive they are (basically being a really specific type of western)

I would personally love to see more amphipteres and lindwyrms and sea serpents! believe it or not, we have fewer in each of those groups than we do drakes (and a few aren't even classified properly :'D)

@Kakaru_of_DOOM and @Arcy: They actually did loosen the rules for DC Drakes. They used to be more strict.

Previously:

Spoiler

Drake: Drakes (draks, as some users have proposed they be called) are a species created by Dovealove. They have a certain set of characteristics and can only breed with other drakes.
Drakes always:

1. Possess no opposable digits on any limb (no thumbs)
  2. Have antlers which are shed bi-annually
  3. Are extremely good natured, obedient and eager to please
  4. Are no smarter than your average dog, have short attention spans, and tend to never forget training, despite the fact that it takes a long time to cement it in their minds.
  5. Are small, ranging in size between the size of a cat and as big as a husky.
  6. Are found in the same basic body plan as the ocredrake varieties, which are the most basal forms.

Drakes usually:

1. Have branched antlers.
  2. Have only one wing finger and a sail of struts that make the membrane of the wing follow along the tail
  3. Have black eyes.
  4. Have three toes.

Now:

Spoiler

Drake: Drakes are a species created by Dovealove. They have a certain set of characteristics and can only breed with other drakes.
Drakes:

1. Have four limbs/legs with bat-like wings.
  2. Have antlers.
  3. Are smaller than the average dragon.
  4. Have a similar intelligence level to dogs.
  5. Only have an innate/natural level of magic.
  6. Lack a thumb.

Unfortunately, fins cannot be used for limbs for DC Drakes. I asked when the made the new rules. They hid that thread though...

On 2/12/2021 at 11:06 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I want more dragons that don't have horns and wings and travel by foot. More wolfish or feline-like types. Maybe a species used for agriculture by humans. The ground isn't just a place to sit between flights.

You mean more Wingless Western types? 

You'd just have to make sure they look like dragons and not large lizards...or cats...or wolves... And that's hard without all the horns and spikes and frills....

Sounds interesting though.

On 4/18/2021 at 8:48 PM, Shokomon said:

You mean more Wingless Western types? 

You'd just have to make sure they look like dragons and not large lizards...or cats...or wolves... And that's hard without all the horns and spikes and frills....

How about an wingless eight-legged dragon?

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Since I voted for Leetles in question #2,,there wasn’t a great choice for question #1, so I picked can’t choose between two (even though that isn’t accurate). 

I just think it would be fun to hunt for some more Leetles. :) I’d like to see Leetles be limited to one per scroll and frozen, similar to the Leetle Tree.

Then again, I would LOVE it if we could breed chickens and make little chicks :wub:

More leetles, roosters/birds and dinos.

It would be nice to collect more than just dragons mainly. (Yes I know this game is called DRAGONcave) However, the sprite work is just so amazing that I would love to see little robins and other birds. 

Dragon wise I would like more pygmies, would like a gold, silver, copper and pink variants of pygmies. 

We have a holiday pygmy breed.

I want a holiday drake breed - or a two-headed. ❤️

Please give those subspecies some more love. :D

Updated the OP with more banners I made a good bit ago, but never uploaded.

Also, it's probably time to reset the poll.

Any suggestions for changes?