Shokomon

Releasing the Dragons [What dragons do you want in the Cave?]

What Types of Dragons (or Not Dragons) Do You Wish Were Released Into The Cave More Often?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

More “plain” dragons, like real natural animals, with less specific themes. Dragons that aren’t just a single trait. Dragons like Blacktips and Olives and such. 

I'm in the 2.86% camp of wanting more chickens. Catching them is hard and trying to save up for market price is a pain. I don't see any reason why we can't have roosters so we can breed chickens. Or at least have the hens lay eggs every now and then like real chickens. That might be just me though. 

WB

I remember back when I played in 2014 there was an absolutely beautiful "angel" dragon that was being made, and I hope that dragon got completed and will be released; it was definitely my absolute favorite.

Edited by AislinnSi

Finally time for a new poll! ...now that I've sat down and actually done it.

Sorry it took forever!  I still love seeing everyone options. 

Maybe since it's been so long, people's opinions may have changed drastically?

I'm eager to see.

Also, old poll results (which I think got distorted by the forum software update a good while back...)

Spoiler

974212961_DragonCaveReleasingtheDragonsPollresults2020-03-31.thumb.PNG.405d52b1de0eec8653c35e87b8e2b7f3.PNG

Click the spoiler to see results; it's a big image.

I wonder if this thread will catch anybody's eyes...

I'd like to see metallics (mainly Gold and Silver, maybe Bronze and Copper as well)  released in the sub-types categories of dragons that only breed within their own group: Drakes, Pygmies and Two-Headed.  

I'd also like to see more Holiday dragons released in those groups, right now we only have the Pumpkin Pygmy.

I'm confused, what are faerie dragons? Clicking the link to the wiki didnt help, since I didn't see that sub-type listed there.

21 hours ago, meeps114 said:

I'm confused, what are faerie dragons? Clicking the link to the wiki didnt help, since I didn't see that sub-type listed there.

So there used to be a wiki link, but it looks like it was removed at some point. A short description would be small dragons with insectoid, specifically Butterfly like wings. 

I find a link here that may help: Link

There are technically some dragons that could pass for Faerie dragons due to the overall pattern and coloration of the wings *cough coughMorphodrakecough coughMonarchcough cough*, but there aren't any dragons here actually classified as such.

Speaking of which, maybe they could be like a pygmy only sub-type? Due to them being around the same size if pygmies? That'd be cool.

I still want one in the cave. There were a few good concepts in the old Completed list I really liked... Wah.

(I'll change the link with the one I found...)

While I prefer to see any new dragons (because we love them so), I think it would be cool to see something like enchanted kitchenware maybe. 

I imagine finding something like a broken teapot with the pieces enchanted to look like a dragon. I'm also a super huge fan of the dinos.

Edited by darkladyselenity

I would love to have more Drakes! While I love all of the designs, they aren't the most diverse color-wise. I'd love to have enough to make a rainbow breeding project.

I would also love more insect-based dragons. There are so many different beetles, butterflies, and bee species that could be fantastic inspiration for dragons!

Those are my votes, anyways.

Good to hear more people's wishes!

So far the top choices in the poll include "I don't care," "EVERYTHING," "Faeries," and "High Rarity dragons."

Personally, I'm basically happy with anything that's obtainable and breedable. I have a *slight* dislike for drakes (nothing too major, they're just my least favorite breeding group).

What I really like are creative ideas that aren't too random. Don't get me wrong, Lumina/Dark Lumina are creative, but really, really random. And, since random seems to hate me, I prefer to avoid it as much as possible. Creative breeding mechanics or color morph distinction (like with the current Xol dragons) are an enrichtment to the game (and add alts - I like alts that aren't too random!) IMHO. So, yes, I really like stripes, spinels, siyats, glory drakes, sunrises/sunsets, risensongs and setsongs, lunar heralds, fire gems, solstices and so on. I'd love to see more of those. Totally. As long as they're not totally random. *glares at gemshards* And as long as it doesn't happen to limited release dragons (Aegis, anyone?) or where the alt is coded into your scroll (Snow Angels and Sweetlings are a disaster that way. I love the dragons, but the "limited to one alt ever" idea is awful.)

Another thing I'd like to see is mixed types. Like an Eastern-type Leviathan (mane, whiskers, horns/antlers but also fins) or another Western/Eastern mix  (Weastern?) similar to Radiant Angels. Maybe something akin to an Eastern Lindwyrm or dragons with unusual wing types (similar to flying fish/geckos/frogs, which are just meant for gliding?)  I'd also love to see fairy dragons (preferably as pygmies, as I don't think huge dragons could be logically supported by fairy wings).

I don't really care much for which sub-types, as long as the sprites are done well.

Things I'd rather see avoided, though, are ultra-rares, unbreedables (unless there is an alternative way to *make* more - like vamps) and new breeding groups. Ultra-rares because getting them will be a nightmare (if you get them at all, see Prizes) and new breeding groups because they're so very limiting.

Eh, there's too many things I want into the cave xD

But first and foremost... I'd like to see more of event Pygmies, DC Drakes and Two-headeds. I know the breeding pool is quite limited, but I've seen time and time again when some of the beautiful event dragons would have gone perfectly with one of the exclusive breeding group dragons. Why not give this luxury to these restricted groups too? So far we only have Pumpkin dragon that we can breed with pygmies. So imagine if there were beautiful event Pygmies to go with... say... Glowback or Pipio. Or maybe something to go with Day and Night Glories?

There's already a lot one can do with current event dragons... why not expand these minor breeding groups too to encourage making new pretty lineages with event dragons?

I guess I'm probably minority in this regard and bit salty about this fact, but... these beauties deserve event sprites too!

I'd like to see way more non-western body types, especially wyrms.

Westerns are really, really over-represented, they have roughly 126 members while the second best off group, the wyverns, has roughly 27 which is still way, WAY ahead of basically all other groups which barely scrape into double digits. I think that wyrms deserve the most attention out of all the body types, they only have 4 members: Omens, Red Taileds, Rifts, and Xenos. That's insanely tiny.

See the numbers for yourself on the "sub-types" wiki page (linked here for your convenience)

I understand why westerns are so popular, they're most dragon fan's favorite body type, mine included. And i'm not saying DC should never add them again (yet). But I am saying that when 90% of the site is westerns it's time to consider clipping a few wings, adding a few wing-arms instead, or dropping the limbs altogether! Perhaps we should even consider elongating some drakes, and winging some snakes.

1645403501_BrokeWoke.png.d040d7c81e3375379d3be4b00d3a5801.png 

Edited by blockEdragon

More Easterns, please!  (Although I kinda wish DC would call them something else, because it's bordering on breaking their own 'no real-world references' rule - it's not as though "Eastern" dragons only come from the easterly biomes, so why would they be called that in Valkemare?)

I voted "Nothing" for particular wants, because I'd honestly like things to slow down a little; I find having at least one breed released monthly is too much!  I want to work on my breeding projects, not cram in some breeding before I have to clear out the scroll at the end of the month to catch yet another new release (and often multiple new releases).  I like new stuff, but I don't want the bulk of my DC experience to be endlessly chasing after new stuff.  Give me some time to work on other things, whether that's fancy lineages, or building up my collection of hybrids/alts, or even just having some time to go through and name stuff.

Secretly I would quite like more Leetles, though - specifically, Leetle Flowers to go with the trees, hopefully based on the old Valentine 'gardening' game flower sprites.  :)  With a 1-per-scroll limit just like the tree, so I could collect the 3 or 5 or 10 flower options over time and not stress.

Edited by sorenna

I have a very unpopular opinion.

I want a prize dragon with the wyvern morphology.

And honestly for no reason other than personal aesthetic preference.

I know that prizes are a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to user reception and I honestly don't blame the playerbase; that said, knowing it'll likely never happen won't stop me from wanting it. More wyverns in general would be nice since they're just my favorites, though. Easterns and drakes too. Love me some antlers.

I would love a new subspecies like the mentioned Faerie dragons, they could be like drake's and pygmies with their own set of breeding rules or just Anatomy rules- I think adding more diversity could be great, I love any release to be honest but if were allowing to be greedy then I'd love the new subspecies idea:)

Also as mentioned above I'd love more leetles as well I think there super cute i would love to have more than one on my scroll.

If we were to have faerie dragons if I can put this here I'd like something along these lines- faerie dragons would be small dragons, brightly coloured, intense with nature, possibly only breed with other faerie dragons- shorter lived but very magical.

appearance wise rules could be-

1: Have at least two to four limbs/legs.

2: butterfly/moth and or insectoid wings.

3: Fleshy appendages instead of horns.

4: Smaller than the average dragon.

5: thinner legs/arms.

6: strong natural level of magic.

Edited by Bloommist

31 minutes ago, Bloommist said:

I would love a new subspecies like the mentioned Faerie dragons, they could be like drake's and pygmies with their own set of breeding rules or just Anatomy rules- I think adding more diversity could be great, I love any release to be honest but if were allowing to be greedy then I'd love the new subspecies idea:)

Also as mentioned above I'd love more leetles as well I think there super cute i would love to have more than one on my scroll.

If we were to have faerie dragons if I can put this here I'd like something along these lines- faerie dragons would be small dragons, brightly coloured, intense with nature, possibly only breed with other faerie dragons- shorter lived but very magical.

appearance wise rules could be-

1: Have at least two to four limbs/legs.

2: butterfly/moth and or insectoid wings.

3: Fleshy appendages instead of horns.

4: Smaller than the average dragon.

5: thinner legs/arms.

6: strong natural level of magic.

I'd also love to see faerie dragons, and those sound like really good rules to follow! The idea of really slim limbs is fascinating, would make them seem more ethereal!

@RealWilliamShakespeare yes i can see them mainly flying around they would just putter about bearly touching soil

Quick doodle of an example of a breed of them

Edited by Bloommist

On 5/10/2020 at 12:54 PM, Bloommist said:

{snipped because I want them}

On 5/10/2020 at 1:31 PM, Bloommist said:

@RealWilliamShakespeare yes i can see them mainly flying around they would just putter about bearly touching soil

Quick doodle of an example of a breed of them

{snipped because I want them}

I don't know if I want them to be as separate sub-group.

It's already hard enough to get more two-headed dragons, pygmies, and drakes into the cave. Another subgroup would be difficult. But hey, it doesn't mean we can't try. I approve of more bio-diversity.

Though, I still think Faeries as a pgymy only body type (as opposed to a completely separate subgroup) would be better...

The sketches looks lovely by the way! You should make a request out of these!

Edited by Shokomon
removed the fairies lol

12 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I don't know if I want them to be as separate sub-group.

It's already hard enough to get more two-headed dragons, pygmies, and drakes into the cave. Another subgroup would be difficult. But hey, it doesn't mean we can't try. I approve of more bio-diversity.

Though, I still think Faeries as a pgymy only body type (as opposed to a completely separate subgroup) would be better...

The sketches looks lovely by the way! You should make a request out of these

I can see what you mean about the sepeperate sub groups, we do struggle to get some of the others more represented in cave but yes I would love to try haha, although I think we have seen a nice increase in recent releases espeshily pygmies 

And thanks I probably shouldn't of posted it here but it was just to demonstrate a basic idea Haha

I'm happy with any release all releases are appreciated honestly but yes in my dreams other subspecies eventually would be nice but I can see them incorporated in to the pygmies they would have to be small like them if not smaller 

On 7/10/2018 at 2:25 PM, Natevaelle said:

Two years later, I want more hybrids. 

Another two years later, I want more wyrms. I would like a common wyrm, please!

I would love more Pygmies and especially a new Halloween or Holiday or Valentine Pygmy!

Give us more special non-standard breeding group Holiday, Halloween and Valentine breeds! Only the Pumpkins is not enough.

I don´t really care which sub types of regular dragons are released, of course, not only westerns would be nice, but they are all inter-breedable, so any New Release is fine for me.

- I would love many more new Hybrids, I love hybrids ❤️

- I would also love more Drakes, Two-headeds and Pygmies (+hybrids, Dusks and Jesters were a lovely surprise) those are the most underappreciated groups and I just love them ^^

- I would also love a Holiday Drake / Two-headed / Pygmy, maybe not for Christmas or Valentine because of the 2-Dragon-Limit, but for Halloween (even though there are many that would not like it)

On 5/2/2020 at 5:50 PM, blockEdragon said:

{snip}

1645403501_BrokeWoke.png.d040d7c81e3375379d3be4b00d3a5801.png 

I'm still laughing over this Broke/Woke meme.

@Bloommist: I can hide our conversations or remove the images from my posts if you want to submit it.

On 6/8/2020 at 4:20 PM, Natevaelle said:

Another two years later, I want more wyrms. I would like a common wyrm, please!

Does this mean that I update this topic every two years?

...Huh...

Anyone else?