Andy12

Worst Restaurant You've Ever Been In?

The entire Island of Gozo.

We spent the whole holiday eating Pizza margherita behause everything else would make at least One of us sick. We tried so many places, fancy and cheap ones, it was no help.

One time, me and my family, including grandparents, went out to have family lunch in a restaurant named "Bajka" ("Fairytale" in English), and each and every one of us got sick after that. Food poisoning, thanks a lot. dry.gif

Not exactly a restaurant, but in a bakery, we saw a person throwing diapers on my little brother's birthday cake. Used ones. Never again...

There's this local pizza place that has really yummy pizza but terrible service. The last time we went there they forgot about us and never brought my mom's order. We kept sitting there waiting and waiting, after at least an hour my mom asked what was happening and they just said "Oh sorry, we'll get it for you now." After a whole flippin' hour of waiting!!! We left.

I have never been to a particularly bad restaurant myself, but the worst I've ever been too was a Mexican place. I had a taco, and the next morning I had really bad food poisoning. The service was good, and the food was as well, I just got very ill from eating it. xd.png

It was at a theme park in France, in Paris. Can't remember the name of the restaurant or the park now but the memory of it all was mad worse by the hideous company I had at the time. Anyway I ordered a salad and it arrived with and insect attached to it. I complained to the waitress and all she did was take it away, remove the insect and rearrange the salad but I didn't speak enough French to complain any further. Appalling service and attitude. mad.gif

My local Taco Bell. I once had a maggot in my taco. I will never ever eat there or at any Taco Bell again as long as I live even if it was the last resurant chain on earth.

Okay, this was years ago (nearly 10, I think) so some details are fuzzy, but this is seriously the WORST dining experience I have ever had. I even wrote an amazing high school essay about it at one point. Where do I even start?

My family and a few others were on what was basically a kind of school trip (hard to explain, not important). We decided to eat at a quaint local place called "Ye Olde Colonial Restaurant," built inside what used to be the bank (in fact, part of the dining room was in the old vault). The food was served cafeteria style by a group of people who were not happy to be there, or to be speaking to us (we were not a large group and were also the only people eating there, so we weren't being disruptive or creating a huge work load).

As I made my way down the line, picking out the most edible looking options from the display, I arrived at the bread station, where a woman whose eyes popped out of her head snarled at me "ROLL OR CORNBREAD?!?!"

Once I reached the end of the line they placed my plate of food on a tray in front of me, but when I moved to take it I was told not to, and that they would bring it to the table. This happened to everyone we were dining with. So we were seated at our tables. And we waited. And waited. And waited. For food, remember, that was already plated and just needed to be moved from the serving station to our tables. Which we could have done ourselves, had we been allowed, as you do at every other cafeteria style restaurant in existence.

I can only guess that during this time, the plated food was moved back to the display, and replaced with less-appetizing looking replicas, although I can't be sure.

I do know that the mashed potatoes tasted nothing like potato but a lot like scrambled eggs. I also know that one of my friends ordered a substance that had been labeled "Salisbury Steak," but which had the appearance and odor of a can of cat food, complete with that gelatinous "gravy" that you find along the edges of the can.

Miraculously, none of us got sick after eating there. I did, however, do a search for the restaurant just now out of curiosity and found that it has closed, so fortunately they are not still there tormenting people with fake potatoes and cat food steaks.

El Sombrero, somewhere in the southern US as a kid (I don't remember where, as we were on a road trip at the time). Rat turds in the nachos. Needless to say we didn't stick around.

A chicken restaurant.It was called something like "Pollos adobados El Jalisco"

We got a chicken,potatoes and rice there.

The chicken seemed okay,but the rice smelled like dishwashing soap,and the potatoes were nothing but ashes in the shape of potatoes.

I ate chicken and a bit of soap-rice,and the next morning we were all really sick.

I mean,I was like LIVING inside the restroom.I hated that.

I went on a family outting with me 2 aunts an uncle and about 4 cousins to Florida for the weekend, somewhere near Panama City Beach if I'm not mistaken. Well one night we decided to eat at Dirty Dicks for laughs. we get there everyone is rude it took us hours to get out food..... everyone was sick the next day.

Oh did I mention it was nearly 300 USD, called the next day the manager did give us a refund after someone threatened to take them to court

Shoney's (a chain restaurant). Two bad experiences!

After a long day in doctors' offices, my mom and I stopped in at a Shoney's, were seated quickly and put in an order right away. After 30 minutes or, we checked w/ the manager as to the status of our order. Turns out that the waitress had never turned in our order and just walked out, quitting, I guess. We just left and ate elsewhere, as there were no apologies/offer of free food.

Years later, a friend and I finally realized that we were getting sick after eating at different Shoney's. Another friend, who had worked there briefly, stated that the health inspectors were abt to close it down! Buffets are nasty!

Always check the health inspection reports!

I don't eat at KFC (sick chickens), Cracker Barrel (bacon not cooked well), IHOP (my last experience w/ their eggs is too gross to report), or Denny's (very poor service--even when the restaurant is empty).

My worst experience was at Pei Wei. My mom had convinced me to go try their food so I had asked for a soup, I don't remember which one but I do remember some sort of fuzzy formation floating at the top. It was mold... there was mold in my soup. At that point I had just got up and left. I have since then avoided Pei Wei and will never ever eat there. Also Johnny Rockets or however its spelled. I had a lovely case of food poisoning after eating there.

I have one, its one i remember unfondly and warn people about. In Flordia ( Panama City beach its called Dirty Dicks ( and lives up to the name) the servers were rude, it took over an hour to get our meals and after all that myself and 8 people all ended up with food posoning >.< some vacation we had

I've never had a particularly awful experience at a restaurant, but like an earlier poster said, McDonalds makes me sick every time I go (which is about twice a decade, when I can't avoid it). I'm not missing anything anyway - the food there is always mediocre, even if it didn't make me sick.

Cora's. We ordered a fruit bowl, some cereal, and some pancakes, took over an hour (people came in, ate, and left before we got our food), and the servers were annoyed and acted a bit exasperated when we kept on asking them for our food. That's restauraunt specific, we've gone to (different) Cora's and it was good, but damn that ones memorable.

Cora's. We ordered a fruit bowl, some cereal, and some pancakes, took over an hour (people came in, ate, and left before we got our food), and the servers were annoyed and acted a bit exasperated when we kept on asking them for our food. That's restauraunt specific, we've gone to (different) Cora's and it was good, but damn that ones memorable.

LOL, I thought this sounded familiar. You already told this story 2 years ago on the first page. xd.png

Steak and Shake.. The inside of the restaurant was really gross and dirty, like their being crumbs, bits of food, and mysterious (hopefully food) stains around, and the workers were just standing around on their phones not doing anything instead of actually cleaning. The food definitely wasn't worth it either. tongue.gif

Not exactly a restaurant, but once I ordered this pizza that tasted purely of artificial cheese. And kind of rancid. It was horrid, it's really amazing people actually buy pizza from this place.

I worked in a terrible restaurant. I'm a cook

Queens Head Pub in burlington.

I worked there for a little over a month before I got into slag for refusing to serve meat I felt was unfit for any living creature's consumption. I am sorry, I have standards, and if I would not dare eat it, I sure as hell would not expect someone else to.

Fish they would use until it was smelling super foul. Half the time I wanted to throw up. Chicken smelled equally as vile - reviews would suggest chicken meat tasted "gamey".

food was rarely kept out of the danger zone. Mashed potatoes would smell sour. I wanted to remove a dead mouse from a trap and got told to leave it alone, it stayed there for days rotting and stinking.

So when I refused to serve the meat they told me to go. I was fine with this. I called the health unit in.

I went to this Applebee's in my area... never again. It was with my friend who moved to Florida. (She came for a visit,) We ordered our food, and my friend ordered a Quesadilla burger. She starts eating, and it's raw. My mom ordered the same thing, and it also comes out raw. We tell the waitress, and she takes the food away. A few minutes later she puts the food back on the table. The food is burnt. Not only did they violate a health code, when they let us get a free dessert, the marshmallows that came with it were burnt. We left, and my mom and I were so mad.

There was one my family and I went to on holiday in Cornwall.

The first time, it was fantastic. I remember it because my mum is extremely finicky with her steak and this was the first place she'd ever been able to get well done steak that was still soft and tender.

The second time we went, a few years later, the layout and decor was completely different, we wouldn't have recognized it if it wasn't for the name. It still looked nice, so we still went in and all ordered the steak at my mum's recommendation.

We should've been suspicious when the waitress was extremely curt and surly with us for no reason (other than we interrupted her phone time by daring to be paying customers) and it started to sink in when we were literally the only customers, but the food still took over an hour to come out.

The food was.....nasty. The obviously frozen peas and chips (in a restaurant advertising that everything was local and freshly prepared) were stone-cold, the steaks were as thin as cardboard yet harder than rock (even my medium-rare) and never once did the waitress ask if we were okay or offer to refill our drinks, she just stood at the counter glaring at us. When my friends steak came out rare instead of the well done she'd ordered and politely asked if it could be cooked some more, the waitress acted like we'd personally insulted her.

Needless to say, we left. We found out from locals later on that it had been sold the year before and had just slumped under the new owners.

Any McDonalds, ever. How people can stomach that junk is beyond me.

But if I had to be serious, it would be a restaurant I visited with a friend, at the time, when I was in the UK the first time (I forget the name of the place, it was a small-ish local cafe sort of place)

We'd not even ordered much. I'd ordered some chips(or fries as americans call it), and my friend had ordered a simple scone, as she was not hungry, and had seen the scones on display on the counter. We also both ordered a can of coke (which was kept in a fridge behind the counter)

We waited almost an hour, before my friend even got her scone (it was not terribly busy, and if I'm being honest, I saw others being served before us despite the fact we ordered long before them)

When she did, at last, get her scone, It was, as she put it, "as dry as eating sand and cardboard" she did not recieve any jam or cream, and only had butter, which melted into a pool of liquid before the majority of it even got to said scone.

At this point, we're kind of annoyed, I'm still waiting, we have not even recieved our drinks, and the food seemed to be of quiestionable quality.

15 minutes after my friend had got her scone, I finally got the chips..pale white greasy looking things that looked only half cooked. (I'd of expected burnt ones by the time it took)

needless to say, I took one look at and decided

"no, forget it, I'm not hungry"

forgetting all about our damn drinks, I just left the money on the table and got out of there, vowing to never return when I'm next in that area of the UK.

I once went to a Thai restaurant with some friends. Despite the sign on the door of the place that said it was supposed to have closed down months earlier, we made the mistake of going in anyways. The dining area of the place was nice, however we seated in a place that gave me a great view of the inside of the kitchen. We waited over half an hour for our food, and when the food did come it had multiple strands of long hair in it. I looked in the kitchen and saw that the cook wasn't wearing a hairnet. A few years later I took a course in some of the health regulations involved in running a commercial kitchen. Now when I look back on this memory I cringe since they broke some pretty big rules. The course also ruined buffets for me.