Andy12

Worst Restaurant You've Ever Been In?

So basically this is a thread where you can share about some of the worst restaurants you've ever been in. You can also share about the worst experiences you've had in a restaurant (even if its a good restaurant). Enjoy!

I'll start. The worst restaurant I've ever been in was my local McDonald's. The fries were actually green. I ate one, and suddenly had to go to the bathroom (to puke). ~Removed; that was a tad overkill gross for this board~ One of the worst days of my life. tongue.gif

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Um, wow. That is awful.

I can't say I've ever experienced a restaurant that disgusting. However, I have pretty disappointed and angry. It was my dad's 51st last year, so we decided that we'd take him out for lunch on the Sunday. I booked a table at this little restaurant that always looked really nice from the outside and had a good reputation. I don't know what happened but we ended up seated right by the door, in the middle of the little hallway where everyone walked and staff flitted by. They were out of the food we wanted to order and took more than two hours to bring out the special we eventually settled on. We ordered cocktails halfway through the wait to make it a little more bearable, but they took another hour to come out. When the food eventually did come, it was like chewing on cardboard apart from the little gherkin garnish thing on the top, which we all made thorough use of. All in all, a three hour wait for averageness. I would've been okay to wait that long if the food was spectacular...but it really, really wasn't. Needless to say, we didn't tip.

Grey potatoes, anyone? tongue.gif That's what I got at Old Country Buffet... eww >.<

Well, one time at a restaurant called "Tim's Tacos", I ordered a burrito (because why not?) and it was wet. Mushy sort of. And the cheese was sort of blackish. The beans were grey, if not just a very light shade of brown.

I never tried it, but I don't think that's necessary to figure it was bad..

The worst I've been to has been a Cora's. We ordered a fruit bowl, some standard cereal, and a waffle. People sat down, ate, and paid and left before we "got" our food (we never got it). And the staff was not very helpful; despite asking multiple times (it's cereal, fruit, and a waffle), they looked very exasperated and like we were an annoyance. Eventually we just left, having just left some money on the table for the drinks.

I do remember going to Olive Garden (out of all places) and we ordered water. The food was fine, but our drinks (again, WATER) were cloudy with specks floating. I felt ill just looking at it.

Another one of the worst restaurants I have ever been to was my local Fridays.

Hated it.

The food made me want to puke.

The desserts looked good, but I just wasn't feeling up to it after the bad food.

I went to a Fridays later on in my life and passed on the food but the dessert was fine.

Moral of story: Only get dessert at Fridays.

IHOP! It was when my little brother was a baby - he's ten now - and we asked for a high chair for him to sit in. The waitress left to apparently get it...and never came back. No one asked us if we wanted to be seated. We haven't been to an IHOP since. :I

A waitress was disgusted when I told her I wanted the liver. It was on the menu, for heaven's sakes!

Edited by Fightandspawn

I went to a KFC once in Florida with my brother.....he ordered the pot pie and sat down but something about the pie seemed weird. As soon as he took 3-4 bites of it, he kind of projectile-vomited everywhere. I'm positive that pie was bad/rotten/he got food poisoning or something; it was kind of amazing in the grossest way possible! Haven't been back to a KFC since!

We decided to try Cici's one day and we wished we hadn't. The floor was filthy, the bottles they used to keep the ranch salad dressing in were sticky and other dressing containers (in tubs) looked like they have been sitting out for a while. The food itself was largely OK at first...but we were all sick to some degree afterward. We've been telling friends and such not to go to that particular Cici's ever since.

KFC. (Applauds King_Max_Cat)

I have got food poisoning EVERY SINGLE TIME I'VE BEEN - to four different branches in two countries, over 8 years or so. Never again.

I don't go to McDonald's, KFRat, Yuck-In-A-Box or other fast food restaurants since I used to get sick on the preservatives they use in their foods. It's been many years since I've eaten in any of these fine *gag* establishments.

I make a pretty good burger and fries at home, (as well as a number of more interesting cuisines) and mine can be with whole grain breads and fresh, organic, home grown ingredients! Now that's having it my way! biggrin.gif

There's a local restaurant around this area called Buffalo's, and I went there a few years ago, and got super sick from their burger.

Another girl I used to work with told me she'd gotten sick from the same place, so now I just warn everyone about it.

Regardless of whether or not you get sick, the food sucks.

We decided to try Cici's one day and we wished we hadn't. The floor was filthy, the bottles they used to keep the ranch salad dressing in were sticky and other dressing containers (in tubs) looked like they have been sitting out for a while. The food itself was largely OK at first...but we were all sick to some degree afterward. We've been telling friends and such not to go to that particular Cici's ever since.

The cici's by my place is okay, at least to go. I never sit down and eat there anymore because it's dirty, I only order to go.

There's a regal buffet near us that use to be okay when I was younger but recently, it's become filthy. We went there for dinner because my nephew begged (little kids don't really notice the stuff we do) and I got up to get rice and the chef that was cutting the meat was sniffling, coughing and then began wiping his nose with his hand and then put that hand on the meat and continued cutting. I put the meat slices I had on my plate in the trash and was done eating then and there.

Worst restaurant i've been to?

Probably the Dominoes I went to a few years back. Had two slices of a vegetarian pizza, and the next morning, I was violently ill with food poisoning.

This Chinese resturaunt. The meat was all dry and impossible to eat, and the spaghetti tasted like all spices in the world mixed together/mold.

Worst restaurant i've been to?

Probably the Dominoes I went to a few years back. Had two slices of a vegetarian pizza, and the next morning, I was violently ill with food poisoning.

A family member worked for them many years ago, and talked a bit about his experiences there. We never eat there!

I'm sorry you got sick.

Honestly, McDonalds. I cannot eat anything there without getting seriously ill...

I was in a restaurant once that was playing a movie on all the TVs. Turned out to be an uncensored rated R movie with sex scenes and graphic nudity. This was a normal restaurant with families who have kids and stuff(who all started leaving). Also, who wants to watch that stuff when they are eating anyway?

I usually only fault a restaurant for poor service or stuff like the above. If it's just untasty food, well, you often get what you pay for. No excuse for unhygienic environments though.

A horrific thread.

Ok, I'll bite...

Worst experience was a Thai food restaurant in Guangdong, China. Enjoyed the company and food but seemed to be the only one enjoying an orange sauce with calamari. Woke in the middle of the night so disoriented and ill, couldn't figure out if I was too hot or too cold, sat in the bath without water most the night, hunched over, not able to rid myself of that stuff.

Felt like a long slow dying process, worst food poisoning I've ever had. Just the thought of that orange sauce would make me sweat for months afterwards.

Edited by SecondStarToTheRight

I've never been a fan of KFC or KFRabbit, most of my friends make fun of me for that

but now I just don't eat there after a family friend got a burger, she took a bite and had this white stuff run down her arm she thought it was mayo but it was puss from an ulcer in the chicken

I've never been a fan of KFC or KFRabbit, most of my friends make fun of me for that

but now I just don't eat there after a family friend got a burger, she took a bite and had this white stuff run down her arm she thought it was mayo but it was puss from an ulcer in the chicken

Holy..Oh my g-d I couldn't imagine what I'd do if that happened to me. The chickens they use are clearly poorly treated..

Actually, Hardee's wasn't the worse restaurant I've been in. It was actually Captain D's. When I was a child, every time my family bought home fried fish to eat, I would get sick and have diarrhea. Now that I've moved away from my old neighborhood, I would never have to eat from there again.