Moonlightelf

Banished

I just quite recently came across a game called Banished. The game is sort of like Simcity games, except it takes place in medieval setting and is more survival oriented. A friend of mine gave me the game and... I'm suddenly hooked, and I hooked another friend of mine with the game.

It feels wonderful to watch as people just walk around, doing the tasks you told them to do, going back and forth... actually see them do their work.

Some video footage:

by TotalBiscuit

by Sips

I must admit that I was so hooked that I played it with my friend until 2am, while she carried on until 5am when we first time started to play.

So anyone else hooked themselves to this game yet?

We've got this. Utterly addictive little game. I've had to drag myself away from it for the TESO Beta this weekend, but guess what I'll be back to next week?

It's very much like Settlers used to be. And I played that game for almost 18 hours straight at one point. I think Banished really needs an in-game clock, because *damn* it's easy to lose track of time while playing it!

I like to play for about 2 hours at a time, though it feels like 30mins laugh.gif

I have a good seed map: 273779562

Right next to a lake with a connecting river, perfect for a trade post and fishing docks. I have my map set to valleys, with the the largest map, and I'm on easy mode. My people are still managing to die of starvation though.

Edit: I hope they add a map editor to this game, that would be awesome. I wonder if they will make it multi-co-op in the future?

Edited by xeyla

Sometimes I giggle at the names this game auto-generates:

user posted image

It makes me wonder if the Developer knows this happens, and thinks its funny.