TJ09

2014-03-02 - March Release

Both are absolutely, positively, eye wateringly gorgeous! I am ever so happy to add these beauties to my horde. Both sound so very feisty! Thank you spriters/creators for bringing dragon dreams to life.

I positively adore the Brutes. (And I seem to remember them from somewhere.) They're incredibly well done and gorgeous, even if they are a little dull. It suits them, though.

The color scheme of the Fevers is amazing, the shiny areas on the wings are just stunning. But just what has happened to the dragon's anatomy?

I was surprised at how"dragon" the Fever adults are

I will be collecting more than the "basic" 2 pair as time goes on biggrin.gif

Thank you Spriters for the Fevers and Brutes... They look good!

Well friends, I shan't be apologizing for the simplicity of the Brute's concept since that was, in many ways, the point of the concept. At the time, we had a lot of really cool concepts around that all had some neat feature or weird power, and that was good, but at the time I wanted to make a dragon that was just a dragon. Take 'em or leave 'em, that's what they are. smile.gif

Anyway, here are my notes, as much as I can remember:

Brutes are very much your good ol' classic storybook dragons. They generally live alone, though they are sometimes known to live in groups of three or four. Groups usually consist of those either too young or too old to have much interest in mates. Brutes in their prime tend to be more aggressive, and less tolerant of others.

They are hoarders and lair-builders. From the time that they are hatchlings, they will gather anything shiny they can find and bury it in their own little troves. Brutes are also viciously territorial and highly possessive of their treasure. Don't try to raid a Brute lair if there's any chance that the dragon is still alive. Just don't.

As stated in their breed description, males will fight for a female's attention. Ultimately, though, it's the female who chooses her mate, and it's not always the winner of the fight. She'll choose whichever she thought fought best. It's very rare that a Brute will mate for life.

Brutes also are not often the best parents. Eggs and young hatchlings are cared for mostly because the parent views it as part of their hoard. When the hatchling starts to mature and assert itself, the parent grows less interested in keeping it around. Usually hatchlings will leave the nest on their own around the point where they're fledging. A fledged hatchling that does not leave the nest of its own volition will be forced out by its parent. Fledgelings either choose to strike out on their own, or will sometimes live in small juvenile groups until they reach adulthood.

These dragons have no apparent magical ability. Their hides, however, are mildly resistant to most forms of magic. Brute scales are often sought after for this property, and the dragons are sometimes hunted for them. Another reason for hunting is the danger they pose to human settlements in the vicinity of their lair. Otherwise, it's generally best to leave the beasties alone.

I really like the Fevers, a lot more than I thought I would. The shade of green is different from anything else currently in the Cave. Lots of breeding possibilities with these! xd.png

dang...these are quite a pair aren't they? One causes sicknesses, the other is just a big...well Brute (drumroll please). But they are both quite interesting in appearance.

The Fever is very undecorated than most of the other wyverns so that is quite new and interesting.

oh my god I remember both of these from Completed Requests

<3

Thanks, Stromboli, for fleshing out the Brute description a bit. It makes me love them even more. I can just see them catching sight of some little bit of treasure and going "Ooh Shiny! Mine!" And who's to argue? laugh.gif

The adults are absolutely gorgeous!

Fantastic job of spriting!

Bravo! Dracchan, ParticleSoup, Blueskyy, LadyLyzar, and Stromboli!

I can just see them catching sight of some little bit of treasure and going "Ooh Shiny! Mine!" And who's to argue?  laugh.gif

Well, y'know, not anyone who wants to keep all of their fingers. wink.gif

Glad they finally got released! biggrin.gif That was so long ago!

Right? Makes me feel old.

Ah, my goodness. This was a fun process. Long as heck, but fun. smile.gif

Edited by Stromboli

Wow, I remember both of these from completed! Yay, congrats to them and I love the adults. biggrin.gif I think the Fever Wyverns should be a little smaller sprite wise, but still really love them both.

bam, the Brutes are awesome; I want an army! unsure.gif I think they'll look great in lineages with gold colored dragons? waddya think?

awesome adults! Congrats and thank you all spriters for our first non holiday release 2014 biggrin.gif

The Brute is definitely my preferred favorite out of the two - but I do like the dynamic pose of the Fever.

And I'm sticking with my plans of Hellhorse and Black Marrow breeding for the Brutes...thinking Copper or Bleeding Moon.

Thank you TJ and all of the Spriters for these epic dragons!

The new dragons are a huuuuuuuuuuge improvement compared to the starter dragons. We've come a long, long way xd.png