TJ09

2014-03-02 - March Release

Thank you spriters for the new dragons.

And thank you, TJ, so much for making this new release so stress free. The eggs were so much easier to catch and the whole thing was fun. I really hope this is how releases will be in the future.

Thank you again to all involved in this new release.

Yey, they grew up !

Fever Wyvern:

I just love those colours !! This very special shade of green (almost metallic) is amazing, and the "coloured sails" complement it very well. Great choice of colours, and great work in shading them !

The pose and overall look of the dragon I like, too. Very dynamic, clear lines and everything in proportion. The only thing that (strongly!) disagrees with me is that big, fat tongue sticking out. :-/ Poor thing looks as if it's going to choke on that...

Like with someone in an earlier post, the first thing that came to mind when I read the description was "Oh, look, Komodo dragon !". (And now that I write this, looking the translation up in a dictionary, I get the joke, if there is one intended, because in my native language they aren't called "dragons". wink.gif ) Putting the mechanism on a barbed tail is quite inventive.

The description is quite good, too, except that I'm not that big a fan of purely "zoological" descriptions. But I'll wait and see if these guys will get some character and intelligence once the creators bring out their notes. (My favourite sentence is that about curling up in the sun, I already thought that cute in the hatchies.)

Brute dragon:

Ooohhh those sprites !! The male is perfect, and the female almost so (love everything about her but the front legs) !!! The poses are so alive (female would even have trumped male, because I love how she's in the middle of running/jumping/turning, if the front legs had fit a little better), the colours and shading wonderful, and the form and structure of the bodies just great, with quite some detail and still everything clearly visible. I also love how the gender dimorphism was brought out.

Now the only thing that might keep me from hoarding these is their character... "Brute" doesn't sound very promising. But then the description doesn't tell much about them other than the simplest basics (except the detail about the sound of their clashing, love that), so I'm hoping for the details that are to be unearthed later !

And Stromboli: Your names for the Brutes are hilarious !! So cool ! laugh.gif

Congratulations and many thanks to all the wonderful spriters/concept designers !!

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Lovely dragons! We NEED more background info, please? Pretty please? With a Heartseeker on top?

Awesome release, I really like both of the new dragons! =)

Good job, spriters!

Uh, they look so evil and terrible! The Brute dragons really remind me of Lord of the Rings Balrog tongue.gif

Love 'em both. Huge thanks to the spriters for these new anti-social beauties.

whoa, those two dragon look awesome and pretty especially the green one <3

I've been waiting for the brute dragons for so long and now they're finally here, I'm so happy right now, I'm so thankful! biggrin.gif

Well, lessee.. what can I say about the Fevers.. I'm kinda sleepy so forgive me if this winds up being a bit choppy XD

---

They are indeed very intelligent dragons. The bacteria on their tails is purposefully nurtured into being what it is, beginning as soon as the stingers grow in. Each Fever has it's own unique strain which it is immune to, but other Fevers can be still infected, although the mortality rate is low.

We could say these dragons would make good chemists/pharmacist/doctors.. IF they weren't so moody. They don't particularly enjoy company and are quite territorial, so they'll readily defend their space. One reason they don't keep friends well is because of how dangerous the tail stingers are. It's not entirely unheard of for a Fever to make friends, but they generally try to keep their distance so as not to accidentally hurt the other dragon. (Some of the more sensitive individuals could have a rough time with this, emotionally.)

Although quick to anger, Fever wyverns tend to keep their rationality and won't actually attack with their stingers unless there is a real, serious threat. They'll give all sorts of warnings first, such as making angry noises, stomping their feet, swinging their tail around, and/or flaring out their wing sails. The benefit to using the stingers on prey is that it becomes inedible to scavengers so nothing is likely to try and take it and the wyvern can save it for later.

---

I'll have to expend on this more a little later!

Edited by ParticleSoup

I LOVE both of the breeds! Spriters: you all did an AMAZING JOB! I'm so glad I started hoarding these xd.png I hope they continue to be readily available in the caves. I'd love to plan out some lineages.

oi, TJ, you slept in and forgot the freeze the babies lol

It happens all the time. He will regress them later. wink.gif

I love both of these dragons. I especially love the colors of the Fever Wyvern. Well done, spriters!

Oh WOW! biggrin.gif

I knew I was going to like the Brutes but I didn't expect that the details are so great. Awesome work!

And this must be the first time that I like both released breeds the same! I thought the Fever Wyverns would take 2nd place, but the adults ROCK! biggrin.gif Also love the descriptions. I'm so glad they promise to be common enough to hoard them. biggrin.gif

user posted image

I love both of them, they are really a nice and beautiful work ^^ I'm sad to see that there is another ( and nice ) dragon without dimorphism, but I love Fever and Brute so much that I can just look at them, now xd.png

These dragons are great! I love how both of them are fierce and wild looking =D

Thanks spriters for the awesome work!

Ahhh. All the adults are awesome. Lady Brutes are my favorite sprite, but the Fever concept is awesome.

Yes! They grew up. The green one really looks familiar, and I'm wondering if I happened to see its flat a while back on the forum.

Ah well, they're both beautiful. ^^