nlechoppa

Liver

I love it, along with almost any internal organ. They are yummy, just TRY them for heaven's sakes. And you think it's gross, but blood from a cooked steak tastes really good. OFF TOPIC: I know, I sound like a troll, I'm not. I have even been questioned by the cops three times for my odd social behavior and sucky drawing skills (Looked it up and I'm somewhere between the normal 8 and the normal 9 year old drawing skills, and IM 24) I am 24 and draw like the average 8 year old, so I got questioned by the cops for what looked like a drawing of a school shooting (the "gun" was a HAT) but it was really a picture of a Broadway show. ON TOPIC: I killed a pig at my brother's farm and I got to have the whole thing. I have 9 siblings, mind you, and my brother and I were the closest, and the only boys out of 10 kids. Well, I am good at cooking, and I cooked headcheese and heart and lung and intestine and of course, liver. I invited my WHOLE family but we had to go to a local park to party there were so many people. And almost everyone, there were friends of my family too, were repulsed by the organs. I still have less friends nowadays.

*makes repulsive facial expression* dafuq? NO!

Have you ever tried it? It sounds gross, but it's just like any other meat.

Personally, I'm okay with, I even like it a bit. Unless it's in hotpot. Then anyone in my way had better watch out, because there'll be a stampeding teenager.

I've tried lamb's liver. Never again. The texture, smell and taste is less than appetizing. Oddly enough, I'm decent at making a dish where liver is the main focus. Lamb's Fry and Bacon - I make it for my mother at least a few times a year. The dish itself smells great and I'd eat everything but the liver. The part where the liver is precooked before being placed into the oven is my least favourite part of the preparation, I'd rather slice it up than cook it. My mother loves it, although I can't really understand why.

I do realise liver has all these fantastic nutrients in it (like decent iron content) - but like other organ meats I refuse to eat it. I'm not exactly ignorant of what some organ meats smell like, I feed chicken hearts, liver and lambs liver to my lizards and cat (although she just gets liver), so the importance of the nutrients contained within them isn't lost on me. It's just... gross.

I guess a lot of the time it depends on what you were raised on as a child. *Shrugs* I love baby spinach and asparagus, but I hate liver. xd.png

Edited by VampiricOmen

The only type of liver I've ever really had is chicken liver, and I like the taste quite a bit. The best part about eating a liver of any kind is that they're chock full of vitamins and minerals. Tasty and nutritional.

Mine is damaged.

Less damaged now.

I think I've only ever eaten chicken and turkey liver, though the turkey's is mixed into the over giblets (like the heart) and put into the stuffing.

Chicken liver is absolutely delicious. It has a really interesting flavor and strange dryness to it (the flavor, not juicyness. Think of wine or lemons, though it's not exactly the same). It's just a very pleasing and satisfying meat, and the fact that it actually has a good flavour makes me like it more than the chicken itself (though you can prepare chicken meat in a lot more ways since it's such a bland meat).

I love it when my mom makes liver and onions, though it's very rare when she does.

I've tried all kinds, though my favourites are chicken liver and pork liver. Pork liver is especially tasty if fried with leek. P:

I've never heard of chicken liver being used in food actually. :o I think in Chinese dishes it's mostly cow liver? Red meats, at least. How do you guys cook it?

Liver or anything else of that kidney (pun not intended) makes me feel sick. The smell alone is enough to make me ill.