brairtrainer

The Ruthless Lineage

What do you think of the expirament?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll make a note about the refusal. At least that is one you can rebreed correct?

I'm going to be going through the thread tomorrow night cave time and update the gens that everyone is on. I also have gotten stuck because a pair I need to produce Ythe's son's mate is not a green (only I found out the one I'm breeding for isn't one of the sunstones but the neo x.x so I've bitten two eggs that I shouldn have.)

Edit today is not my day:

Oops!

What happened:misbreed and abandoned (done with the branch family.)

Fix:Ignore or if I catch the egg kill it :/ I broke a rule with the branch families, I can't use arid sun the beautiful either so...probably will rename or release her

Edited by brairtrainer

Yep at least I can rebreed the Delirious half-sister. I didn't use the ooops form as I was posting lots of updates at once.

But the bullet point system sort of worked tongue.gif

Heh that it did xd.png

Sorry I didn't get the spread sheet updated. I'm thinking of opening it up so that everyone could update because I'm taking a full course load this semester, and that's a problem with a shortened time frame to do everything x.x

EDIT: I've now opened up the doc for everyone to edit

Edited by brairtrainer

Bumping this up to see if people are still interested, I've been busy with school but have noticed that no one has edited the doc :/

I'm Ruthless

forum name: Kurane

scroll: Kurane

Founder: Wren the Ruthless

Welcome to the lineage smile.gif feel free to update the document with your dragons as you get a chance. I'm going to do some breeding on tuesday and updating the doc then

Still interested, just had a run of no eggs..

And needed a laptop repair somewhere in the middle of that run. :/

At least it was done for free smile.gif

Wren the Ruthless has decided to be a stubborn boy and refuse his first mate. I'll find a replacement for Rhea the Blazing and try again next week (using the same name).

Edit: Found a replacement (hopefully)!

Edited by Kurane

Glad to see people are still interested. Like I said I'll do a complete doc update/breeding my own dragons on tuesday (between work and chem class)

A new little one is born

Link to egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/416Tz

Inbred percentage: 12.5%

A new little one is born

Link to egg:http://dragcave.net/lineage/RSYzV

Inbred percentage: 12.5%

That's all the luck I've had today (I'm going to try my branch family tomorrow). If they gender as needed then I'm going to add the new males to my family.

This is an intresting project... I may want to try it... but I had a question...

I use a surname for my dragons. So would it count if I named my founder (name) the Ruthless (surname) rather than just (name) the Ruthless? And the lineage name through the mothers would be the same (name) the (mother's suffix) (surname)

I could put of (surname) rather than just ruthless (surname) if that would sound better.

I had a cb male on my scroll so I named him to show what I meant by this. If it's alright to use this as my naming convention I'll edit this post to formally put him as a founder. Viktor

I know it might sound weird... but been playing since 2008 and have kept the surname for all of my dragons so far.

Edited by Melisande

This is an intresting project... I may want to try it... but I had a question...

I use a surname for my dragons.  So would it count if I named my founder (name) the Ruthless (surname)  rather than just (name) the Ruthless?  And the lineage name through the mothers would be the same (name) the (mother's suffix) (surname)

I could put of (surname) rather than just ruthless (surname)  if that would sound better. 

I had a cb male on my scroll so I named him to show what I meant by this.  If it's alright to use this as my naming convention I'll edit this post to formally put him as a founder.  Viktor

I know it might sound weird... but been playing since 2008 and have kept the surname for all of my dragons so far.

That's fine smile.gif simply place a note in the note section of the document that your ruthless family also has you scroll surname. No worries smile.gif

Edit: Also welcome Sparksfly feel free to add yourself to our spread sheet located on the first page

Edited by brairtrainer

Very cool, ty.

I'm Ruthless

forum name: Melisande

scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Melisande

Founder: Viktor The Ruthless Shahrizai

I have a female hatchie growing right now, once she's an adult and my current eggies hatch I shall start my line. Being impatient... lol Rani has like 3 hours left and it's like -poke poke- grow up already. I have used the purple fertility bsa on Viktor so that should help

Edited by Melisande

Just a little update: Wren is continuing his stubborn streak. He hasn't refused his new mate, but they aren't being at all productive.

Decided to run a test breed for Oddball the Shy, forgot I was egg locked >.<

TI7I4 (caps messed) is the code of the egg, I'll rename the parents and hopefully get back the egg so I can freeze it :/

Edited by brairtrainer

A wedding has occured

Male: Viktor The Ruthless Shahrizai

Female: Rani The Fleet Shahrizai

A new little one is born

Link to egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/9szLq

Inbred percentage: 0%

As this is the first offspring, I am planning on freezing it, so will not influence it.

Trying to decide on what other mates to breed with him. I kind of want to pull from his colours. Where he has the bright blue the skywing works well. He has the darker, almost black part, as well as white, and brown. Need to do some looking to see who matches up best, any suggestions for future mate breeds would be very cool.

Edited by Melisande

A wedding has occured

Male: Viktor The Ruthless Shahrizai

Female: Rani The Fleet Shahrizai

A new little one is born

Link to egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/9szLq

As this is the first offspring, I am planning on freezing it, so will not influence it.

Trying to decide on what other mates to breed with him. I kind of want to pull from his colours. Where he has the bright blue the skywing works well. He has the darker, almost black part, as well as white, and brown. Need to do some looking to see who matches up best, any suggestions for future mate breeds would be very cool.

Waterwalkers could work (they're muted like the trihorn even though they don't have a similar color pallet), Black Capped Tamier's could also work (and introduce some yellow to the lineage), Swallowtails would look nice, hellfires would be nice (if you didn't mind having a chance of male hellfires), Falconforms, Guardians, Ices, etc. As for non-blue inspired breeds you could use carmines, greys, basicly anything muted or brown/tarnished colored (I'd recomend staying away from coppers unless you're willing to breed a long time for mates or if you just don't care what breeds mate with what in later gens.

Ok this hasn't come up yet I don't think but what about Holiday mates? I know it would be a "boring" branch, as they would only breed the mother's type once a year, but would that be allowable for flavor in the lineage or should we stick to more common breeds?

I would allow it, though I'd recomend for anyone doing one to be doing two main familes, one that moves slower and one that moves faster if they wanted to use holidays.

A new little one is born

Link to egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/IIsPN

Influenced male

- Added myself to the spreadsheet, hopefully I did it right heh

--

In love with the new dragons that were released on sat. Was able to grab an extra female from the volcano so thinking of trying her to see if Vik likes her.

Edited by Melisande