brairtrainer

The Ruthless Lineage

What do you think of the expirament?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tiga were you attempting to set up a branch family or are you running two families off your scroll? Just checking before I change the spread sheet as right now branch families aren't recorded (yet, figuring out how to best record them) and should be started at 2nd gen. (If its a branch family I'll want you to help me better set up that explanation I know somethings are sticky >.>)

Right, im doing another family to speed things up. So I have Brutus and Kolton. wink.gif

A wedding has occured

Male:CB Garnet The Ruthless TP

Female:CB Ocha The Priestess TP

A new little one is born

Link to egg:Lineage

Inbred percentage: 0%

Oops!

What happened: The egg just bred for today turned out to be another Royal Crimson. I don't want to lessen the chance for different dragons in the lineage (I personally like variation) DX

Fix: Will be freezing this hatchling and breeding for a Tea egg once the parents are off cool down.

Edited by terminallypisces

Thanks for the info Terminallypisces.

As for another note: I tweaked the first post with something I should have done at the begining (which I apologize seems to have confused Tiga, and until the confusion is sorted her second ruthless family won't be added until its fixed and/or I come up with a good way to track people who decide to run two ruthless main families.)

The idea of a branch family started when I realized that without help I could potentailly have lines of the ruthless lineage that were not inbred, and I needed something to help with that.

So I introduce to you the founder of my branch family: Earthshaker the Ruthless

I bred him to three daughters from my main family founder with the plan that I would breed the third gens the same way as I had bred the main family and take my third gen third mates from this branch family. Then the next generation would have wholely unrelated mates and then go back to the branch family (or to a different branch family, or to a family from another scroll) in order to keep the inbreeding percentage down.

You are allowed to use what ever plan you wish when picking the third mates for your lineages! What I am shareing here is my plan as well as a clarification on branch families. I'm also asking for ideas as to how to better devide the spread sheet so those who want to have multiple main families can do so.

Owning my vote... This is interesting and I will be lurking. I may join at some point in the near future. I want to start a breeding program, I just haven't decided what type and whom I want involved. smile.gif

Thanks for the info Terminallypisces.

As for another note: I tweaked the first post with something I should have done at the begining (which I apologize seems to have confused Tiga, and until the confusion is sorted her second ruthless family won't be added until its fixed and/or I come up with a good way to track people who decide to run two ruthless main families.)

The idea of a branch family started when I realized that without help I could potentailly have lines of the ruthless lineage that were not inbred, and I needed something to help with that.

So I introduce to you the founder of my branch family: Earthshaker the Ruthless

I bred him to three daughters from my main family founder with the plan that I would breed the third gens the same way as I had bred the main family and take my third gen third mates from this branch family. Then the next generation would have wholely unrelated mates and then go back to the branch family (or to a different branch family, or to a family from another scroll) in order to keep the inbreeding percentage down.

You are allowed to use what ever plan you wish when picking the third mates for your lineages! What I am shareing here is my plan as well as a clarification on branch families. I'm also asking for ideas as to how to better devide the spread sheet so those who want to have multiple main families can do so.

So from the Founding Male dragon you would need 2 females and 1 male for the main family, and then another 3 females per branch?

(I like visuals so I thought that I would clarify before making a drawing of how the family layout would go. Once the layout map is done (and will not be dragon specific) anyone is free to use. Its purpose is to give show who would be bred to what.)

So from the Founding Male dragon you would need 2 females and 1 male for the main family, and then another 3 females per branch?

(I like visuals so I thought that I would clarify before making a drawing of how the family layout would go. Once the layout map is done (and will not be dragon specific) anyone is free to use. Its purpose is to give show who would be bred to what.)

Yes, If you want you can use Earthshaker's link and the links to my dragons to see the progeny. Let me know when you are done with the map, my efforts were not very good for the main family and I'd love to see what others can do.

Yes, If you want you can use Earthshaker's link and the links to my dragons to see the progeny. Let me know when you are done with the map, my efforts were not very good for the main family and I'd love to see what others can do.

Alrighty! *runs to get all art supplies in house, also plans to breed another 5 females*

Another note: I was planning to start another Ruthless family and then a branch for each. Should I wait until all confusion (in terms of the Google Doc) is cleared before I start?

Alrighty! *runs to get all art supplies in house, also plans to breed another 5 females*

Another note: I was planning to start another Ruthless family and then a branch for each. Should I wait until all confusion (in terms of the Google Doc) is cleared before I start?

I would, my plan at the moment is to try and pick a color that I can use to note a split of main families on a scroll rather than the hard barrier I'm using now (the black color). Would anyone have a preference as to what I should use?

I would, my plan at the moment is to try and pick a color that I can use to note a split of main families on a scroll rather than the hard barrier I'm using now (the black color). Would anyone have a preference as to what I should use?

I'm fond of Purple as a split colour. But I'm not too fussed if its not used.

With that said: My Ruthless Patriarch has taken a mistress and has a new child.

A wedding has occured

Male: Griffith the Ruthless

Female: Pandora the Delirious

A new little one is born

Link to egg: Pandora's first

Also an update: The first born of Isolde has been formally named Phillip the Cold and is waiting to take his place as Crown Prince of the Clan.

[He'll have quite a wait if his Father has any say in the matter tongue.gif]

Edited by Takhesis

I'm running an update of the spreadsheet today, as well as wanting to clarify something.

All females need to have a son, I went back over the thread and realized that I may have confused some people. Without freezing or a branch family all females should produce at least three offspring. 1st one should be male, the second two are female. This means the lineage will grow in the numbers of dragons being bred each generation. By running the lineage in this way we can keep the inbreeding percents lower.

Also I placed a purple bar and am putting in Tiga's second family feed back on how it looks is appreciated.

I'm making sure that the planned 'Queen consorts' aren't rejected first... then I can go back and rebreed the extra offspring.

Question about the firstborn though:

Would it really matter if the firstborn of, for example, Pandora and Griffith, gendered female and was then mated to Philip (the firstborn son of Isolde)? As long as they have a son later on that is?

[i'm seeing this lineage being very similar to the way the Egyptian Pharaoh system worked.

Where the first born son would marry his eldest blood (half-)sister to cement his claim to the throne.]

The first born rule seems a bit arbitrary. Its based on trying to keep the lineage easily organized. Takhesis if you want to try and see if you can keep the lineage orgaanised by letting the dragons gender as they will you can be my guest, but I'd prefer that the rule be followed to make it easier to figure out which dragon should be re-bred and where you stand in the lineage.

If you decide to attempt we'll treat it as a trial run, if it works through third gen then I'll remove the restriction.

The first born rule seems a bit arbitrary. Its based on trying to keep the lineage easily organized. Takhesis if you want to try and see if you can keep the lineage orgaanised by letting the dragons gender as they will you can be my guest, but I'd prefer that the rule be followed to make it easier to figure out which dragon should be re-bred and where you stand in the lineage.

If you decide to attempt we'll treat it as a trial run, if it works through third gen then I'll remove the restriction.

I'm going to attempt a trial run of the 'free gendering' - mainly as I only have 1 Pink of each gender lol.

Will make a family tree-thing as I go along. Just to see how it looks.

I'm going to attempt a trial run of the 'free gendering' - mainly as I only have 1 Pink of each gender lol.

Will make a family tree-thing as I go along. Just to see how it looks.

Alright. If pinks are the main reason for asking about the rule though I can breed you some after the new release is over with.

Will be watching intently smile.gif

Alright. If pinks are the main reason for asking about the rule though I can breed you some after the new release is over with.

Will be watching intently smile.gif

Low number of Pinks is only a small part of it.

The rest is I was just thinking of the old monarchies and their interbreeding - particularly the Pharaohic dynasties.

Plus it seems more organic to me with the 'free gendering' since there was very little control over gender selection in the past.

That and I will be describing my Ruthless dragons when my muse gets off her lazy butt, and the idea of the parents being disappointed in a first born female provides some fodder for them.

I may also start a second Ruthless family after the next release too.

Depends on if my brain wants to co-ordinate a second line. tongue.gif

Low number of Pinks is only a small part of it.

The rest is I was just thinking of the old monarchies and their interbreeding - particularly the Pharaohic dynasties.

Plus it seems more organic to me with the 'free gendering' since there was very little control over gender selection in the past.

That and I will be describing my Ruthless dragons when my muse gets off her lazy butt, and the idea of the parents being disappointed in a first born female provides some fodder for them.

I may also start a second Ruthless family after the next release too.

Depends on if my brain wants to co-ordinate a second line. tongue.gif

If my first family keeps acting up I might start a second main line as well.

Also I'm going to add a new column to the spreadsheet (called breeder requests) essentailly when we get to the point that we are trading for third mates or when we get stuck trying to figure out what to use I can make a note there as well as have you ask in thread.

I wish there was a way I could limit editing to a certain column, simply because I don't want to risk someone accidently deleting information that I'll later have to track down (its fine if I do it, because heck I can curse myself and someone has to be accountable.)

Would this be useful to anyone? does anyone really use the spreadsheet (other than myself?)

I like having the spreadsheet as a central 'pool' of information. It's useful.

And for the record - I'm all for Bloodline Swapsies. Will even take specific requests.

So my family has stopped being grumps.

A new little one is born

Link to egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/6QzEY

With this egg I'll finally be getting to work on breeding the females for this gen and dragons from the branch family again biggrin.gif

Haven't changed the spread sheet yet though. Planning on doing it tomorrow.

Edited by brairtrainer

Griffith's harem is now complete with the following events:

A wedding has occured

Male: Griffith the Ruthless

Female: Sandy the Adorned

A new little one is born

Link to egg: Sandy's child

Siblings can now be started on after breeding cool down.

Another little one:

A new little one is born

Link to egg: Pandora's second

Philip the Cold likes being the only 'pure blood' for the moment. xd.png

A new little one is born

Link to egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/JDHo8

This is a branch one biggrin.gif I was going to have this one be Ythe's other female but she came out sunstone. So I'm going to set her up with a half brother and try for an earth one next week :3

Bumping to say my dragons gave me a sunstone again (I need something that isn't a sunstone at the moment) so the egg has been bitten.

Any other progress or people thinking of doing second families with GON's?

Oops!

What happened: Got another Royal Crimson that was supposed to be a Tea. The real problem is that it got auto-ap'd by my mistake. And apparent lack of counting skills.

Fix: Will be breeding again in 7 days, whoever takes the egg can have it as a nice little gift ^^ its a pretty match regardless, so maybe someone will appreciate it too~

Oops!

What happened: Got another Royal Crimson that was supposed to be a Tea. The real problem is that it got auto-ap'd by my mistake. And apparent lack of counting skills.

Fix: Will be breeding again in 7 days, whoever takes the egg can have it as a nice little gift ^^ its a pretty match regardless, so maybe someone will appreciate it too~

aww darn. Its okay those things happen, at leas the pair was pretty. :3 I'll be on the look out jic. :3

Updates for my Ruthless clan:

-Phillip the Cold refused his Delirious half-sister, but he successfully bred with his Adorned half-sister.

- We have a Delirious princeling in MacUd.

- I have some descriptions in progress for the Ruthless Clan dragons. Hopefully it won't be too long before they get accepted.

A new little one is born

Link to egg: Pandora's Third

A wedding has occured

Male: Phillip the Cold

Female: Glain the Adorned

A new little one is born

Link to egg: Glain's First

Inbred percentage: 12.5%

- Am also thinking of starting a second mainline with Benhail the Ruthless but have not picked any mates for him yet. This will wait til I have all the first line sorted out.