Raven301

Sandbox

"You can't just explode a TARDIS silly." the Professor said laughing at the man. As he stuck his head through another set of bushes the Professor came face to face with a small slivery sort of dragonish thing. "Hello!" he exclaimed happily, "And who are you?" he asked as he stepped all the way into the clearing, spotting several other small creatures. "Do you like strawberries better or bananas?"

"Don't test me," Balthazar replied. TARDIS. That sounded completely ridiculous. The angel cracked his knuckles loudly then turned away from the TARDIS to walk back over to the group the Professor had stumbled across. "You are going to have to start asking proper and reasonable questions or you'll get on my nerves. Good things rarely happen to people that get on my nerves."

"That IS a reasonable question!" the Professor exclaimed, spinning to face the other man, "And one you never answered." Staring at the man, he frowned, "What was your name again?" he asked, "And could you answer the strawberry question? I don't trust people who don't answer the strawberry question."

Kari

>>----------

"I'm Kari, and I don't like either, if you were wondering," she replied. "But I really like Pecha Berries! You fill the insides with sugar and they're the best! Drake like spicy things, though. No wonder, since he's so grumpy! No one but Drake could sit down and eat something that burns your mouth." Her brother looked at her through narrow eyes. He didn't know what she was saying, but he could tell he was being talked about. After awhile he had learned a few words that Kari repeated in other languages: his name, Flygon, and human mostly. She turned to the other thing behind her new friend, which had wings and was a lot angrier. She huffed at this. "Now Drake will never trust this human! Not with a hostile one around it." So she approached the winged one. Maybe if she could calm it she could smooth out her fraying brother, who was already readying his wings for flight. "No need to argue!" She said cheerfully. "What's the problem? I'm sure we can work it out." She peered past them at a particularly odd tree. "Is it about that tree? Don't worry, you can share the tree! Drake might even know what it is." She turned to Drake. "What's that type of tree?" She asked. He studied it for a moment. "It's a... well... I don't know. I don't like it, though. Seriously, Kari, we tried and failed to find company and we failed. Can you please stop being stubborn?" "No!" She growled and she crossed her arms with a huff. "Excuse me?" She said, poking the human. "What kind of tree is that?"

((Sorry, went to bed.))

Shiro looked at all of the assembled creatures curiosity. Every instinct of his was telling him to run, that these things can be dangerous, but none of them had attacked yet, and seemed to be happily conversing among themselves for the most part, even if he did jump when two dragon-things landed from the sky. He would need to still remain wary, however, if one of the spherical creatres' growl was anything to go by.

Hearing more chatter and some rustling, he turned and faced two other... Humans? Shiro tensed up, ready to fight if needed, and watched. 9ne of them seem rather odd, even for a human.

Sir Deathwing blinked and fluttered his wings. Emily thought she saw a small smirk on his face before he turned to her, not hiding his long snake fangs.

"If they want to take you somewhere, don't trust them." He said to her in his native language now that Kari had gone. To anyone(who wasn't Kari) other than a puffball, this would sound like a bunch of poyos and other strange noises, but to Emily, it was basically like English to us. He gestured to her and they both darted off after the two, Sir Deathwing flying while Emily ran. They stopped near the others. Sir Deathwing climbed a tree and Emily walked forward, her mentor watching carefully from the trees above.

I do not trust that angel there. Sir Deathwing thought, growling softly.

"Hey!" Emily shouted, running forward and falling flat on her face next to Kari. "Ow."

"It's not a tree at all!" the Professor said happily, walking over to the TARDIS, "And no way am I sharing it! You can come with me if you'd like though." Walking quickly over to the TARDIS he patted down his pockets, "I know it's here somewhere, Ah there it is!" Pulling the key out the Professor unlocked the TARDIS and waked in, "Come one come all!"

((Just a note but Balthazar's wings are invisible unless he decides to show them to people in the form of astral projection.))

"I did answer the question," Balthazar replied irritably. "I told you I don't eat anything." When you could taste every molecule in the food you were eating, strawberries and bananas hardly tasted different. Booze was still good, though. Thank God for that. When the door was open, Balthazar vanished from sight and reappeared inside of the strange contraption, in front of the Professor. "It looks overcomplicated," He commented with a frown. "I'm not impressed."

Shiro jumped back with a startled "Wark!" as one of the two humans disappeared, and not only that, but did that tree.... Did that tree... What did to human do with the tree? Shiro edged back, feathers slightly raised. What in the world was going on? Maybe he should head back to familar territory, but... This was so... Interesting. Certainly different from hunting, running, fighting, and letting the occasional human ride him. Those instances were always fun: you never knew where they needed to go. But he had heard stories of chocobos letting humans ride them, then never returning.

Debate over, Shiro stayed put, eyeing the tree suspiciously from the human's words. Walking... Into a tree?

Drake

>>----------

Drake felt his scale prickle as the humans stepped into the tree. That wasn't what trees did, which meant one thing: it wasn't a tree. He edged back, wrapping his tail around Kari in an effort to take her with him. She brushed him off and smile. "It's okay! It's just a... thing. If he trusts it why shouldn't we?" He shook his head. This was hopeless. Kari's curiosity was something that required prying off, because in all the years they had been together asking never worked. "We don't trust it for the same reason we don't trust predators. If they had the chance to trick us, they would, wouldn't they? In fact that very scenario has happened before. Several times." But Drake was as predicted ignored, and his sister defiantly turned and walked toward the 'tree.' Before stepping in she turned and looked at him, jerking her head in one last beckon to follow, and then entered. "Kari!" He roared in dismay. For a second he kneaded the dirt with a worried expression, before finally darting in after her.

When Drake was in, he was taken aback. The room inside was far bigger than the outside. That already made no sense. "If Palkia finds out what your doing to his dimension he'll crush you like a Durant," he muttered. Kari looked more amazed then worried, though. "Coi ui jikael!" She yipped. "Ask them what this is," he commanded her.

As Emily ran after the two, shouting a bunch of poyos and other sounds, the red warrior himself relaxed on his branch, letting his buff arms hang down. His tail curled around the branch, preventing him from falling, but he almost let go when a crow landed next to him and cawed loudly. He scrambled to grab on, his eyes wide and pupils slits, shouting out "Djoda! Djoda! Lpuul, malsvir djoda!". He fell off when the crow came even closer, not wanting to get any nearer to the foul beast. When the crow dropped down in front of him, cawing playfully, Sir Deathwing withdrew his knife and bared his needlelike fangs, spreading his own monstrous wings. When the crow made a move for his knife, he smacked it away with his powerful tail muscles and ran inside the TARDIS, darting in front of Kari and hiding between her legs.

"Itrewic rid di batobot xsio djoda!" ("Get rid of that damn crow!") Sir Deathwing screamed in fear, hugging her left leg tightly.

"Itrewic rid di coi jaka!" ("Get rid of it now!")

Kari

>>----------

Kari looked down at Sir Deathwing. "Kruth! Vsist, svaklar tira wux yor Vs'shtak? tira dout shehad lincesa anku wux? Goawy Constrigler darastrix Honti tekimekille tenpiswo." She looked at the crow, who was waiting outside the entrance. It didn't come in, but it had a smug look on its face. Or at least as smug as birds could be. "Kraw!" She screeched, flapping her arms like wings. "Koo-raw! Kaw kaw!" It piped. "He says his feathers are prettier than yours," she said. "Mostly though I think he just didn't want you in his tree. He didn't expect you to scare so easily, though!" She laughed. Kari liked crows. More than Honchkrows. She had nothing against them, of course, but Drake never let here near them, so she had learned to avoid them so they could rest on land more than two seconds. "So, Sir Deathwing, how much have you traveled? A lot? I hate it. All I want is a home but Drake is so finicky! Look at him now, so distant from everyone. He needs to lighten up!"

Drake

>>----------

He eyed the area carefully. His question had been ignored by Kari, who was talking in several different languages now, and to Deathwing at that! Not to mention the crow. Drake hated crows. They filthy and loud, and the second you had food they were on the scraps like a bunch of Remoraid. He sighed and looked at the two humans. Maybe he could converse with them somehow. He padded over and looked down at them. While he was still at least half a foot taller, they were much bigger than the round things from earlier. He tried to calm himself. "They're just humans," he thought, "no claws, no fangs, just a pair of legs and long fingers." Still, Drake was skeptical. He tried waving. He saw humans do it often, and it seemed to sole purpose of Kari's right arm, so maybe if he did it he'd be less likely to be attacked. But the whole notion felt wrong. Waving was dumb, he decided, so he ended up sitting down and hoping for the best.

"Djodaic re lpuul fueryoni batobot tir ti belhal shafaer nomeno planet." He whimpered, but then heard her question. Whenever he got scared, he would go into random bouts of speaking Draconic. He calmed and resumed speaking English. Sir Deathwing flinched at the word "royal".

"I had to travel a lot before I..." He tried to find a reasonable way to say it, but decided to choose a different answer. "Emily and I visit various places for training." He stepped out from under her and walked forward, a little ball of SoulFire forming in his claws as he muttered something in Draconic. It took the shape of a serpentine creature that eventually shifted into a horrifying monster. Eventually the SoulFire vanished and he was just left standing there, an obvious look of sadness in his eyes. His tail went up and inside his cape, curling around something before coming back out. He was holding his mask with his tail. Sir Deathwing grabbed the mask with his gloved claws and strapped it back on, hiding his expressions once more.

Edited by animals4501

"You don;t even know what it does!" the Professor said walking over to the console and ringing a bell that echoed slightly in the cavernous space. "Personally I like Deathwings feathers better!" the Professor said, meandering over again. As one of the dragonish things waved at him the Professor happily waved back before laying on his belly so he was closer to the creatures heights. "Where is this?" he asked again, "My scanners not working."

Walking through the quiet woods Nix's sharp ears suddenly picked up the sound of voices. 'Life, what a foolish thing.' he thought to himself as he reoriented his path so that he would run right into where the voices were coming from, if they were fun he'd hag for a bit, if not, well life was extremely stupid. 'And everything alive on the planet clings to life with every cell in their bodies, why, why not just die? Seems much easier to just die, though I suppose part of it is fear of Lucifer.' Glowing slightly with dark light at the thought of the Devil himself Nix smiled.

"Absolutely no idea," Balthazar agreed. "Last time I checked I was, uh, dead." He crossed his arms and leaned against the control console. "I don't need to know what it does. I know that whatever it does, I can do better." He shrugged slightly then conjured a drink to his head and began idly drinking it. "I need to be a lot more intoxicated to deal with this," He said, gesturing to the strange group. It was going to take a lot of alcohol to get him drunk. A whole lot.

"I like being dead." Nix said as he stepped into the clearing, smiling at the angel. "Nix" he said walking up to the angel and looking him up and down, "Not bad," he said with a wink, "Which rouge angel, might I ask, had come to bless us with their presence?"

"It's, oh, right, none of your business." Balthazar gave the demon a look then downed the rest of his drink and dropped the glass on the floor. "I also don't care who you are. So scamper off now." He gestured with his hand dismissively then stepped outside of the TARDIS and walked away.

"That's all right I like a little sass." Nix said with a smile that was part smirk, or was it a smirk that was part smile? Catching the glass before it hot the ground Nix refilled it and took a sip, sighing appreciatively, 'Nice choice.' he called telepathically in the direction the angel had walked off in.

Balthazar didn't respond except to sit down next to a tree (A real tree this time, not some other thing) and cross his arms over his chest. Was this where angels went when they died? It certainly seemed like whatever hell he would be sent to. Dad really was a dick. "Don't irritate me," He warned.

Sir Deathwing stared at the demon named Nix, narrowing his eyes. How many creatures would he have to encounter to find another sentient one that was his height? Not towering above him or anything, but one the height of a puffball. A deep crimson color faded into his eyes for a second before they returned to purple. He wrapped himself up in his cape, completely hiding his wings and making it seem like they were nonexistent. This... had become a habit of his. He didn't do it as much as Meta Knight would, but if be felt insecure or lonely, he would do this. He sighed and sat on his rear, remaining wrapped up in his cape. He seemed as if he were about to doze off, armor and everything on.

But he didn't. He remained fully awake, the purple orbs that seemed to be his eyes glowing dully under the mask.

And while Sir Deathwing did his thing, Emily decided to explore this "TARDIS".

"NOVA..." She whispered. "This place is huuuge!"

When she heard the Professor ask where this place was, she responded,

"I believe this is Emerald Forest. My friend Saito told me about it." She said with a smile.

Edited by animals4501

Drake

>>----------

Drake couldn't help but chuckle lightly to himself. This human was no threat! In fact if anything, he was the human equivalent to Kari: somewhat naive but oddly gifted with an amazing talent. The only person this human could hurt with the odd tree was himself. He beamed a little brighter when the other human left, too. He hadn't been so tolerant of that one. Though it didn't take long to see why he had left. A new human had come in and quite frankly, Drake was quickly wishing for the other one to come back. This one was... off. The other one was arrogant and annoying, yes, but this one exuded the same unearthly aura as Giratina. He wondered briefly if he had come from the Distortion World ((for those that don't know, this is the Pokemon equivalent of Hell)). His face creased in a frown, and he scooted over to the newcomer. He pointed his rambling sister and growled. He knew it wouldn't understand the native language without Kari to translate, so the closest thing he could do was make gestures that somewhat got the point across.

Kari

>>----------

"Emerald?" Kari said, whipping around to face Emily. "Like Rayquaza? Oooh, that would be amazing! I've only ever seen Raquaza once, when he came to stop Groudon and Kyogre. But I've always wondered how they woke up, anyways. There were humans there, too. Silly things, they were! They thought they could control the weather, but you can only use the orbs if only one is awake. Then Rayquaza came and calmed them. Did I ever tell you I've only seen Rayquaza once? He looks like an emerald." Kari loved Rayquaza. To her it was the most amazing thing ever. She often fantasized about what would happen if Rayquaza and Arceus had to fight. Anyone from Sinnoh would rant about how Arceus was almighty and would always win, but the Flygon placed her bets on the massive green Dragon-type.

Edited by Psycho Cat

"Not necessarily." Emily replied with a shrug. "Saito said it's easy to get lost in Emerald Forest if you don't know your way around. Luckily, Sir Deathwing knows how to fly!"

She didn't point out that it took lots of magic for her to be able to fly. Sir Deathwing was teaching her how without any magic, but right now, all she could do was glide or hover a few feet off the ground without help. Instead of using up their magic supply, Sir Deathwing often either let Emily run(running was one of her best talents), or ride on his back. She also was young enough to be able to puff up with air and float, but Emily was slowly losing this ability. She demonstrated this ability by inhaling deeply and floating up to the top of Kari's head, releasing her breath as she landed on it.

"The forest is huuge. Some say it goes on for miles!"

"Emerald Forest. Not ringing any bells, how about planet? What planet is this?" the Professor asked, "And we should introduce ourselves, name and species." smiling the Professor rolled over on his back so that, to see the others he was tilting his head back and straining his eyes to see over his forehead.

Smiling as one of the little dragons growled at him Nix let out a bit of his dark aura. 'Silly little things, you are fun.' he thought to himself as his eyes flashed all black for a moment, 'I'll see if you can keep it up.' he drew his aura back again, slowly sipping his drink.

Neither Sir Deathwing nor Emily responded with the planet question. They glanced at each other and shrugged- well, Emily did, at least.

"We never found out the name of this planet. We don't live here- we live really far away at a planet called Halfmoon." Sir Deathwing said, walking up. He was no longer wrapped up in his cape and his monstrous wings were visible again.

"Like I have said, I am Sir Deathwing. Emily and I are a species commonly called puffs or puffballs." He forced a smile under his mask. His tail twitched slightly as he walked forward, glancing at the entrance of the TARDIS to see if that crow was still there. Luckily, it wasn't, but he was still on edge from it.

Balthazar suddenly stood and crossed over to the demon, looking rather irritated. "Keep your foul vapor contained, understand? I just woke up and I'll be damned if I have to smell demon for the rest of the day." He ruffled his feathers slightly then turned away. "My name is Balthazar. I'm an angel. You can't see them but I've got wings. I've also got a knife so it'll be in your best interest not to piss me off."