Wolfpaw99

Sorcery & Merpeople

(Kingcobra2018, would it help if I made another character to interact with you? An adviser, or some other rank?)

The prince stared at the noble for a second. Yes, it was true he should have royal duties, but that didn't mean he always did them. In fact, he probably should've met his tutor half an hour ago, but still. "Well, I was... Just... Surveying. Remembering the way the kingdom is laid out, so I know, even as it changes. And... I just did a little research out here. For good reasons." He answered. You are a prince, you shouldn't be making yourself out to be a criminal or something, he mentally scolded.

Xavier looked to her before he then spoke, " You have helped many with your magic. Some of the other knights wouldn't be alive if not for your help." Seeing her try to shoo the child away he held out his hand to him, " I do not mind taking him in and letting him come visit you if that is what he wishes."

Norn shot a look at the other merman before turning to the knight and ushering the child close to him. Skera seemed reluctant but since Norn was set on hurling him out in the voice, he slowly swam over to Xavier, staring up at him shyly. "I want to find my mom," He replied, nose wrinkling slightly as he wiped at his eyes. "I don't want to go to the kingdom or whatever. I just want to find my family."

Xavier looked to him before he then nodded his head, " Then we will look for your mom." Tilting his head he then spoke, " My name is Xavier. Luckily I live close to the edge of the kingdom so when we have to stop our search for the day there is a place to sleep." He then looked up to Norn before he then spoke, " Are you of need of anything from within the kingdom?"

Skera nodded ever so slightly and moved to Xavier's side. He seemed nice, at least. "Okay," He replied softly, awkwardly moving his hands about.

"A few black pearls," Norn replied immediately. "My reserves are empty and I need them for the newest spell I am researching. It will probably benefit knights and hunters quite well."

Xavier looked to Skera before he tilted his head, " Can I have your name?" He then looked back to Norn as he then nodded, " I can get them easily. Want me to bring them here or to your home when I have them?" He then moved a hand to his mouth as he yawned softly from where he 'stood'.

"My home would be more convenient. I need to organize my home a bit better." She waved farewell to the three of them then quickly swam off to return home. Skera looked up at the knight nervously, rubbing his hands together.

"It's Skera," he replied awkwardly, his large, dark eyes staring up at him. "What's yours?"

Xavier nodded his head as he then spoke, " Then I will deliver the pearls to your home." He then turned to Skera before speaking, " Well Skera I'm Xavier. Luckily I have a guest room so don't have to worry about where you can sleep." He then stretched a bit before holding his hand out, " Ready to head to the house?"

"Okay, well, yeah, me too." Sen crossed his arms and tried to look dignified and not like someone who was busy being rude to the prince. It occurred to him that this conversation was probably really awkward for both of them - and also completely ridiculous, most likely, to anyone listening in. "So, we've established that nothing illegal is happening here. Which is, um, as per standard, for the crown prince and an upstanding upper-class citizen. So yes, good day." He scooted back further. Was there any etiquette on how to end a conversation with a prince? It seemed like that would be one of those things the prince would have to do.

"Guest room?" the small merman asked, running his hands through his hair. He curled his finger around one of the leafy like appendages on his wrist then reached out with his other hand and took Xavier's hand. "What is a house?" he asked, staring up at the man innocently and with much confusion written all over his features.

At first he had been confused at the questions since most homes had a guest room. Turning he then spoke, " A house is a place where our kind typically sleep, eat, and bond with the family. A guest room is a room inside of a house for someone who doesn't usually live in the house."

Skera seemed surprised by this definition. "But don't you move around? My family never stays in the same place for more than a few hours." He followed behind the mermaid, his tail moving quickly in a rather strange motion to try to keep up. It was quickly apparent why he had been left behind in the first place since he could barely keep up. Xavier was practically dragging him along because he was so slow. But he didn't complain and only tried to move his tail faster so he wasn't lagging behind nearly so much.

Nixes straightened himself up to look more dignified, and feel like a royal. "Right, carry on, and good day." He said, using the most dignified tone of voice he could manage. He then, with one last glimpse at the noble, turned and swam to no where in particular. In fact, he was probably drifting farther from the kingdom. It didn't matter much to him. His tutor was probably already displeased with him.

Arsen, deciding he no longer had any place there, and that there was no chance of anything benefiting him happening, turned and began to scuttle off to a different area, to finish his task. He was almost done already, so he might as well hurry it up.

((And because I promised, I'm making my final character so more people can RP, since we're all kinda... Away. From the kingdom.

Name: Li

Personality: She's the strict mother hen who worries when you're gone, but you'd never believe it when you were there. I'd like to RP the rest out bc it's too late to be writing all this.

Other: Teaches poise and etiquette.

Description/picture: Li has a black tail that looks snake like, and has purple bio-luminescent dots. Her hair is normally worn in a long black braid, with a few strands that frame her face left out. She has bio-luminescent freckles that look dark purple in the light. Her bio-luminescence she can control, and normally doesn't show anyway in the light. She has very dark grey-purple eyes.))

Xavier looked to him before shaking his head, " No not really." Then seeing what was causing the resistance he moved Skera in front of him so that he would be pushed ahead of him. Looking down at him he then spoke, " We may need to work on some tail training to make you faster so it's easier for you to keep up with others."

Skera struggled anyway, puffing his cheeks out as he tried to move his tail in a way that would make him faster. But without any kind of tail fin, he wasn't making much progress. "I've never been very fast," he admitted as he whipped his tail back and forth but got no results. He was slow like a snail.

Xavier looked to him before he then spoke, " You may not be fast but you sure do know how to hide. I didn't see you earlier and I am a fully trained knight. If my buddies found out they would laugh." He then grinned gently as he moved them over to his house before moving through the open doorway, " You can explore at your own pace."

Skera peered inside the doorway cautiously then slowly entered, looking around as he drifted towards the center of the room. It was surprisingly roomy with strange things all around that Skera had never seen before. He settled down on the floor in the middle of the room then turned to look at the merman. "You're really nice," he remarked. "Why did she tell me to hide when you came if you're so nice? Does she not like you?"

Xavier smiled as he watched the boy explore his home. Moving forward he then spoke, " She didn't know if I would be nice to you. With you being a stranger she may have thought I might hurt you." He then chuckled as he got a bowl down and the last of the meal from earlier for Skera to eat. " My relationship with Norn is different. She is a sorcerer I am a knight. A sorcerer changed my life when I was young, and she was bullied by knights." Shaking his head he then set the bowl down by him, " I help her from time to time getting her things she needs from inside the kingdom."

"What is a kingdom?" Skera asked as his fingers wrapped around the bowl and lifted it up. He examined it then gingerly tried to bite on the side of the bowl. When this didn't work, he experimentally licked the contents of the bowl. It looked generally like food. Was it food? He sniffed it then buried his face in the bowl, trying to eat the food inside of it. "How did one change your life? Were you going to die?"

Xavier looked to him as he spoke, " It is an area where many houses are where our kind thrive. At the center are the rulers who give out the rules for us to live by." Moving to get a few of the fruits that provided their drink he set one down before he then smiled, " You can use your hands to eat if you wish. Just sink them inside the bowl and grab the leafy greens." Turning to grab his own fruit he then sighed, " When I was a teenager my tail was black, my hair also, and my skin was tan. However the sorcerer messed up the wording on one of his spells and now I am cursed with white hair, red tail, pale skin, and the horns on the top of my head."

Skera set the bowl down on his lap and prodded the food with a finger before lifting up a piece of the leafy greens and nibbling on it quietly. "I think you look fine," He replied as he looked around the room again. "I mean, nobody here looks like me at all so I can't really judge. But I like the horns! They're like my appendages." He pulled gently on one of the greens attached to his wrist and smiled.

Xavier tilted his head with a gentle smile before shaking his head slowly, " Here it's all about the looks. The males that look like what a normal merman should will be more likely to have a wife and child. Because of how different I am I have been black listed. So it is unlikely I will ever find a female willing to look past the looks, fall in love with me, and have children." He then chuckled as he ruffled the boy's hair, " Yes they are."

Skera's shoulders rose up to his ears when the merman ruffled his hair. But his words were not something easily dismissed so Skera turned and looked up at him again. "What about me?" He blurted out. "Am I blacklisted?" He had yet to see anyone that looked like him or his family and it was obvious he was an outsider. Was he... ugly?

Xavier looked to him at the hastily asked question. Shaking his head he then spoke, " No you are not blacklisted Skera. For one you are too young to be on anyone's list as a potential mate." Sitting down he then looked back to him, " Others like you have traveled through the kingdom a time or two to trade goods so it wouldn't be a shock if you married someone from here."