Wolfpaw99

Sorcery & Merpeople

Nixes watched in interest. Norn was small and could be sarcastic and seemingly bitter, but she was incredibly talented. The things she did seemed odd, but then again, all magic was odd to the prince. He never bothered to learn much about the art, since he knew it was completely impossible for him to ever use magic. It didn't bother him though, it was just part of being prince. The way things reacted to each other captivated the teen, and he was certain that if anyone would respect Norn enough to see what she was capable of, she'd be more revered. He himself had never really thought of her as awful, but never thought of her as a wonder. Now he realized that even though keeping a conversation with her would be futile, staying in her presence would bring about interesting events.

And like that, Norn slammed her hands down on the rock and the fixture closed back up. Her hair was all over the place and a wide grin had formed on her face at some point during the ritual. Breathing heavily, she stared at the rock for a few moments then quickly shook her head and refined herself again, brushing her long hair back into place and wiping the grin from her face. She avoided looking at the prince as she fetched a small vial made of a transparent substance and moved back over to the rock. So she enjoyed magic. But she needed to stay more collected and not get caught up in it when other people were watching. Now she just embarrassed herself. Great.

A smile crept onto Nixes' lips. He didn't think it was silly that Norn would enjoy magic, and end up feeling happy or successful afterwords. That was natural when you had a talent. "No one's ever mentioned how amazing it is to watch you do magic, Norn. You're more gifted then the people like to admit." He commented, in an attempt to let her know he wasn't smiling because he thought she was silly or anything similar. After all, if either of them were ridiculous, the prince would say it was himself. He was the one who went searching for a fairy tale.

Norn shook her head as she set the container down on the table near the rock. "The people would like to pretend I do not exist," Norn replied. "They either fear me or they hate me. Either way, there is a reason that I live so far away." She closed her eyes and steadied her breathing before jerking her hands upwards. A stream of rainbow-colored gas flowed out of a small crack in the rock and filled the container she had set aside. Quickly, she corked the bottle and examined the contents. Not flux, then. But it did not look like any magic she had seen before.

He couldn't help but sigh. "Well, I guess you have a point. Even so, the kingdom is foolish for denying your talent. Sorcerers like you are a rarity." He then observed the gas that filled the bottle, not sure if this was common or as rare as Norn herself. He slightly wished it was as rare as the sorcerer, simply so it wouldn't feel like a waste of her time.

"You are more rare for thinking such a thing," Norn replied as she turned the bottle around, examining its colors. The rainbow gas was beginning to fade into a single color but it was hard to tell exactly what color it was turning into. "It needs to sit," She declared for the benefit of her audience as she set the vial down on her table. "Half a day, at the least. Why don't you return home now? People will talk if you remain here for too long."

"I guess you have a point, but the kingdom is so dull. Then again... if people talk, the guards might be sent to find me, and in that case..." Nixes began, and finished the scenario in his head. "Norn, would you mind if I cam back tomorrow to see what you have to say about it?" He asked, slightly stalling.

Name: Xavier

Personality:Xavier is a very protective male in that he fights till he can't anymore for those he loves. He is a caring man in that he loves playing with the little ones, and makes sure that all those he calls friends and family are taken care of.

Other: The horns came from a magic accident when he was a child, and the chains are part of his training.

Description/picture:Xavier

Name: Xavier

Personality:Xavier is a very protective male in that he fights till he can't anymore for those he loves. He is a caring man in that he loves playing with the little ones, and makes sure that all those he calls friends and family are taken care of.

Other: The horns came from a magic accident when he was a child, and the chains are part of his training.

Description/picture:Xavier

((I don't know how to feel about the whole horns business, but the rest seems okay... I'll think over the horns part, right now I don't think they'll be terribly harmful, but just don't emphasize them that much, please. Thank you!))

(They just came with the picture. I was kind of figuring they be a minor part of him. Maybe to scratch an itch on his tail every now and then.)

Name: Sen

Personality: Sen has a rather short attention span. He's more interested in shiny objects than holding a conversation for more than a few minutes. He's very adventurous and will do stupid things just because he can, and can be thoughtless sometimes, but he honestly tries to accommodate anyone who will put up with him.

Other: Sen comes from a fairly influential family, but he doesn't expect he'll join in all the political intrigue. He doesn't understand the point of it and mostly just wants to study all the sparkly things that exist in the world and the interesting mythology of humans.

Description/picture: Sen has amber eyes, short choppy white hair, and a slight but athletic build. His skin is a light copperish colour, dotted with numerous freckles, which are most concentrated in a vertical line down the middle of his body. These freckles are bioluminescent, and he can make them glow blue in countless patterns. Below the waist he has a cluster of tentacles instead of a tail, with the same patterns as his skin but slightly lighter. He's usually decked out in at least three or four pieces of handmade jewelry. (He's a firefly squid!!! They're the prettiest okay)

It's like 1 AM, I gotta go sleep, but I'll post tomorrow if this is good!

(They just came with the picture. I was kind of figuring they be a minor part of him. Maybe to scratch an itch on his tail every now and then.)

(I guess I'll allow them. Feel free to join in at any time!)

Name: Sen

Personality: Sen has a rather short attention span. He's more interested in shiny objects than holding a conversation for more than a few minutes. He's very adventurous and will do stupid things just because he can, and can be thoughtless sometimes, but he honestly tries to accommodate anyone who will put up with him.

Other: Sen comes from a fairly influential family, but he doesn't expect he'll join in all the political intrigue. He doesn't understand the point of it and mostly just wants to study all the sparkly things that exist in the world and the interesting mythology of humans.

Description/picture: Sen has amber eyes, short choppy white hair, and a slight but athletic build. His skin is a light copperish colour, dotted with numerous freckles, which are most concentrated in a vertical line down the middle of his body. These freckles are bioluminescent, and he can make them glow blue in countless patterns. Below the waist he has a cluster of tentacles instead of a tail, with the same patterns as his skin but slightly lighter. He's usually decked out in at least three or four pieces of handmade jewelry. (He's a firefly squid!!! They're the prettiest okay)

It's like 1 AM, I gotta go sleep, but I'll post tomorrow if this is good!

(He sounds fine! And firefly squids are really pretty! Thank you both for joining in the RP, so feel free to jump in when you get the chance.)

Name: Emilia

Personality: Emilia is a sweet girl who loves to play games with the knights that guard the castle. Though she also enjoys rummaging through the city and its undergrounds for what she calls treasure, something her father strongly discourages but she has been know to find ancient artifacts so her father allows it. She is immensely enjoyed by her new found powers and is currently trying to hone them for the good of the kingdom. (gotta love irony)

Alt: The spirit inside her is not as kindhearted. It despises all the merpeople for putting the ancient sorceress to death and locking her soul and powers in two different boxes. Once it has regained its full power the spirit will use them to lay waste to the city and its inhabitants. Though for now the spirit tries to keep a low profile using Emilia's voice to speak if it ever talks to someone.

Other: On one of these treasure hunting missions Emilia dug up an old box that contained the spirit of a long dead Sorceress. This spirit took the opportunity to enter Emilia's mind and is able to take control over her body when it wants too. The evil inside her also granted Emilia limited magical powers which she is able to control on her own.

Description/picture: [X]

Name: Pike

Personality: Pike is an extremely loyal servant of the throne. He, like Xavier, enjoys entertaining the young one which often marvel at the sight of a knight in armor. He sees them as the keys to the thrones continued success and the next prince and princess's reign. Endanger any of these factors and you will be sure he is the one to put your head on a spike.

Other: He is second in command under the head knight Xavier.

Description/picture: [X]

Is the king and queen spots still open or has someone already claimed them? I was thinking about taking on one of those roles but i wanted to get your permission first.

Edited by Lightdragon4444

(There is currently no one as the king and queen, so if you'd like one, you may have it. Both characters look great, so you can go ahead and jump in at any time!)

Xavier tilted his head as he moved his hand along the counter. Grabbing his knife he then began to chop up some sea weed for the meal he was making. Working carefully his tail moving from side to side slowly the tinkling of the chains he wore to strengthen himself a bit. Hearing a giggle he looked to the side to see some of the little ones playing in the front room. He was babysitting for one of the other knights on rotation so that the male could have a night with his wife.

Turning as he added a bit of the kale he had had wrapped in large rocks of salt for a while. Adding them together he then set them into some bowls before calling the two children to come eat.

((Recap plz? I went to sleep and came back with two pages of text to read!))

((The only thing that happened is Nixes found a strange orb and brought it to Norn to look at. She extracted whatever was inside of it and they both are waiting to see what it will turn out to be.))

The guards did not frighten her. What did frighten her was a mob of angry merfolk showing up on her doorstep, finally done with her witchcraft and demanding she either be put to death or locked up. She hesitated at the prince's request then shook her head. "It would not be wise but I shall permit it on the promise that you keep this our secret. No telling anyone until we know what it is, be them your father, your sister or anyone else."

"Of course, I promise. This will be a secret between the two of us. No one else will know." He answered, putting his right hand over his heart. It was a habit he developed when making promises. "Thank you again, Norn." He added as he began to make his way out of the cave.

((I'm thinking of making a lamprey knight with dragonfish-pattern bioluminescent tattoos. PRETTY DEEP SEA FISH LOUD SCREECHING))

Sen darted around a boulder and quickly scanned the area. The city was no longer in sight - there were bound to be things no one else has found yet here. Grinning widely, he started his quest by shoving a reddish-brown rock into his makeshift bag, then swam on, looking down all the while for anything out of the ordinary.

He was just thinking there are awfully few plants around here for an uninhabited area when he heard a voice. He let out a little gasp and dived behind a nearby rock. He didn't have anything to hide, really - it was just reflexive after years of dodging around his parents when he was up to something. Carefully, he turned his head and peeked over the rock, seeing a figure emerging from between some rocks (some sort of cave maybe?) - then promptly ducked down again, blinking rapidly.

Was that the prince?

The trace of a smile appeared on Norn's face. "Goodbye," she replied then turned away from the cave entrance, swimming back over to her supplies. She picked up a bag woven from kelp and placed the vial in it before swimming out of the cave as well. She was missing a few supplies and now seemed like a good time to hunt them down. Starting with a few black pearls for an ice spell.

((Fractional Pi Day, go ahead. Deep sea fish are really cool, and you still have 2 more characters you can make.))

Nixes swam a small distance from Norn's cave, then stopped. Did he really feel like going back to the kingdom? Surely, as prince, he was free to wander the area more, and go farther places, just so long as he didn't enter any other kingdom, right? This area in particular was different, and exploring was part of the wonder of being free from duties.

Norn moved a short distance from her house before moving down low to the sea floor. She began running her hands through the sand, searching for... Aha! A fish suddenly darted out of the sand but didn't get very far before Norn's bag caught it. She quickly shut the bag and latched it to keep the fish inside while her tentacles unwound themselves from her hair and slipped into a small hole in the bag. The struggles of the fish quickly died down and her bag fell into silence as she moved on to find another ingredient.

Xavier smiled as he then moved to eat his own meal as the little ones did the same. After a bit he tilted his head as he noticed something flash past his window. Getting up he then moved to it and swam halfway out before chuckling as he realized it was just a school of silver fish. Letting himself sink back into his kitchen he moved back to eat with the little ones.

Following catching the fish, Norn moved further and further away from the kingdom, searching the surrounding area for a variety of plants and animals that would help her research spells. As soon as they were researched and, with enough practice, she was able to switch to not using any ingredients at all and using only her own magic. But the research and practice required items and that was why she needed to find more things. There was little else to do except research and grow stronger.

Nixes decided he would swim a little farther away, and survey the surface. What harm could it do, right? Besides, he didn't feel like returning to the kingdom yet. He began to swim past a rock when he noticed someone. Was that... A noble? He had to be a noble, he had what seemed to be natural bio-luminescence. What was a noble doing out here? "Are you a noble?" He asked. "And if you are, what are you doing so far from the kingdom?" Of course, what am I, the prince, doing out here? I seem just as out of place as any noble. Oh well. He thought.