Wolfpaw99

Sorcery & Merpeople

I noticed that in other RP places I've been, magic and merpeople were always totally different RPs, so, I figured, why not both? How cool would that be? Not all the merpeople have to have magic, but it's possible for them!

Oh, also, there will be 7 slots open for royalty, not including my character. (With mine, there will be 8.) If you're unsure, just ask. :3

So that would mean a king, a queen, and 3 others. Princes/princesses aren't necessarily sons and daughters! They can be cousins, uncles, etc. Scar, from the Lion King, was technically a prince, because he wasn't a king, but he was royal. Just so you get the idea.

There will also be 16 slots for nobles, 32 for knights, 16 magic users, and unlimited for the rest. I know this won't be popular enough to have probably even 8+ people, but still, you can make 3 characters on this thread.

Royals can't use magic. The natural bio-luminescence conflicts with it, due to the odd chemicals required to have either of the two.

Those who can use magic can only use magic that's possible underwater, and not powerful enough to conquer an entire kingdom/city in one spell. If you want your merperson to find a magic artifact that's powerful, message me, and we'll talk.

If you want to add a new kingdom to double all of said ranks, ask me, and we'll discuss it. Thank you! <3

This is the form:

Name:

Personality (you don't have to say this one, but it's nice to have):

Other:

Description/picture:

^Royals and nobles may have bio-luminescence (natural glowing), however, I believe that merpeople would get bio-luminescent tattoos, especially knights and extremely loyal other ranks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My form

Name: Nixes (Pronounce nix-ease)

Personality: I'd rather you all find out.

Other: He likes to peek above water occasionally because in their culture, humans are myths, however, it's believed that they have feet like pelicans. Typically, he does this when he senses blood, as merpeople are similar to sharks in the sense that they detect blood.

Description: Nixes has short, dark blue hair that curls at the edges, and flows away from his face. Normally. He also has a Prussian blue tail with a dorsal fin, caudal fins relevant to a shark's (the fins at the end), and small pelvic fins. He has bio-luminescent rings on his tail, and faded marks on his arms. Said marks are light blue.

^You don't have to be so exact even if you can't provide a picture, but I'm making this at 1 am on a school night. Sorry. I write a lot when I'm sleepy.

Anyway, I hope we all have fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slots open for roles!

Royalty

King:

Queen:

Princess: Nixe (Owned by Totts) (One held by Techno_Elf)

Prince: Nixes (Owned by Wolfpaw99) (One held by Techno_Elf)

Nobility

Sen (Owned by Fractional Pi Day)

Emilia (Owned by Lightdragon4444)

Sorcerers/Sorceresses

Norn (Owned by pudding)

Knights

Head knight: Xavier (Owned by JaylaCaine)

2nd in command: Pike (Owned by Lightdragon4444)

Edited by Wolfpaw99

(( Can I make sister for Nixes? A twin, pretty prease?)

Name: Nixe (say: Nix-ee)

Personality (you don't have to say this one, but it's nice to have): She's less adventurous than Nixes, and usually shys away from the surface. She's quite shy and it usually quiet. She is quite happy to let an entire situation go without her influence

Other:

Description/picture: Nixe has long dark blue hair, which she usually ties into a braid to keep it out of her face. She has large grey eyes. Her heart is biolumesecnt and pulses pine green at each heartbeat. Her tail is a Prussian blue, with small patches of greenish bioluminescence

ALSO, WELCOME BACK AFTER 3 YEARS!!!!

Edited by Totts

Yooooo I'm defs interested!

Are other marine animal tails allowed? I have a guy I kind of want to try out. Also will there be any interaction with humans?

(( Can I make sister for Nixes? A twin, pretty prease?)

Name: Nixe (say: Nix-ee)

Personality (you don't have to say this one, but it's nice to have): She's less adventurous than Nixes, and usually shys away from the surface. She's quite shy and it usually quiet. She is quite happy to let an entire situation go without her influence

Other:

Description/picture: Nixe has long dark blue hair, which she usually ties into a braid to keep it out of her face. She has large grey eyes. Her heart is biolumesecnt and pulses pine green at each heartbeat. Her tail is a Prussian blue, with small patches of greenish bioluminescence

ALSO, WELCOME BACK AFTER 3 YEARS!!!!

(Of course, she sounds great! Nixes having a twin will be fun, I think. And thanks! I don't remember why I got so inactive, but now I'm not so.... weird, I think. I've moved past some awkward phases.)

Yooooo I'm defs interested!

Are other marine animal tails allowed? I have a guy I kind of want to try out. Also will there be any interaction with humans?

Of course other marine animal tails are allowed! I kinda think that merpeople would be really varied with that!

Since it's believed humans are fake, I can't say for sure, but there might be. It'd be fun to see how the different characters would react to them, don't you think?

Can we have a mermaid/man that is specifically a sorcerer? Like Ursula from the little mermaid.

Can we have a mermaid/man that is specifically a sorcerer? Like Ursula from the little mermaid.

Oh, of course you can! Should I have added that to the ranks? I was really tired, sorry.

You might want to limit the number of magic users, at least. Maybe make it so the royals don't have magic. Maybe their bioluminescence conflicts with it.

Just so we have a bit of diversity and a pull away from being royals.

You might want to limit the number of magic users, at least. Maybe make it so the royals don't have magic. Maybe their bioluminescence conflicts with it.

Just so we have a bit of diversity and a pull away from being royals.

Oh, that's a good idea! Thank you, I'll get on that!

Name: Norn

Personality: Norn's loyalty as of late has been brought into question as she has begun to drift away from the royal family. As magic is a rarity among mer-people, she is often looked down upon by the majority who do not possess magic. She is usually quite reserved and rarely speaks due to the fact that when she does open her mouth, her comments are usually biting and sarcastic. She is intelligent and usually remains on her own studying magic.

Other: Norn is a powerful sorcerer in service to the king.

Description/picture: Norn, only she has dark black hair. A few 'strands' of hair are not hair at all bit rather stinging tentacles like those of a jellyfish.

Nixes drifted around the kingdom, waiting for something to catch his eye. Nothing seemed to be going on lately. Suddenly, something grabbed his attention. A dark orb, hardly noticeable. It almost looked like a rock, but it appeared too unnatural to him. It looked dark in a mysterious way too, and this caused Nixes to swim towards the object.

((What kind of magic can they use/how powerful can they be?))

((Any magic that's possible under water. ie: No fire magic. Fire doesn't do so hot with water. Also, they're allowed to be incredibly powerful, but I think that if they can take over a country in a snap, that's too powerful. Let's say they know a lot of magic. The most powerful I think they should be is able to create a medium sized disaster underwater, or something. Something that creates a lot of damage, but not so much that everyone would die. If they find something that's powerful, however, I might accept that. Ask me first.))

Despite her service to the king, Norn did not reside anywhere near where he lived. In fact, her home was on the far edges of the mermaid civilization, in an underwater cave surrounded by many rocks and largely hidden from sight. It was better she remain away from others since either they would upset her with their mindless prattle or she would upset them with her snarky personality that could only be contained for so long. If it wasn't for her official title as sorcerer to the king, it would have seemed like Norn had been banished from society. Which may as well have been true since other merfolk just brushed her existence under the carpet unless she was called for. With little else to do, she focused on organizing her collection of magic ingredients as many of the more powerful spells she was trying to create required catalysts to work. Currently, her research was leading her to a way to freeze large quantities of salty water to create a prison but it would be some time before she finally made a break though. That was how magic operated, after all.

As he picked up the orb that revealed to be fairly light in comparison to it's size, which was about the size of a canon ball, he knew where he had to go. The orb's odd aura along with the way it changed colours in it's reflection could mean only one thing. He knew he might regret this decision, but for curiosity's sake, it had to be done. Norn wouldn't appreciate him stopping by, and he knew that one of them would irritate the other at some breaking point, and he would have to leave. Even so, Nixes swam as fast as he could towards to the cave where his father's sorcerer resided.

Norn looked up from her studies quite suddenly as the stinging tentacles quickly retreated back into her hair. When she was relaxed and no one else was around, she let them float in the water around her lazily. But she could feel someone or something swimming closer so she quickly pulled them back in and turned to face the cave entrance. "Had I been in the midsts of a spell, you could have spelled the end for both of us," She called out. "Come inside and be quick about it if you have business with me."

Nixes hurried over to the sorcerer's cave, understanding she may not want to explain the odd orb as much as he wanted to him. "Of course." He answered, knowing it was best to go along with what she said, making it easier for the both of them. "I just found this weird orb, and was wondering if you knew anything of it?" Suddenly, he felt ridiculous. The orb may not have any magical value, and may just be odd. That would make him look like an idiot. He quickly reminded himself that even if it was just odd, and not magical at all, it still looked interesting enough, and if it was magic, it might have something useful about it.

Ah, the kind's brat precious child. "Let's see it, then," She said, rising from her rocky seat and moving over to him. She quickly plucked the orb from his hands and held it up, examining it carefully. This was incredible! It looked remarkably like magic and even radiated a strange energy. "Well, it's probably nothing," She replied as she placed the orb down on her table. "But I shall inspect it for you anyway. Most likely a small amount of magical flux entered the rock. If this is the case, it would be wise for me to extract it before anything happens. Tell me, were there any more strange rocks you saw? And where did you find this one?"

A slight sense of shame struck him. "I didn't see any others, but then again, I didn't check. I found it by the sponges close to the statue of my great-grandfather on the outskirts of the kingdom." He knew one thing now, though. The orb was no common object, or else Norn would've known what it was immediately. Then again, why would a common or important object be somewhere so remote and unprotected? It wouldn't. A sorcerer would have it hidden and protected, and even if it were a lost one, someone would probably have to go searching for it.

"Unusual place for flux to gather," Norn replied as she drifted lazily back to the stone shelves housing a variety of magical supplies. Her fingers drifted over several things before she began quickly pulling things down and setting them down around the orb. "I'll begin testing now. If you insist upon staying, just do so quietly in a corner. I'm a sorcerer, not a babysitter."

"Thank you Norn." Nixes said as he swam calmly to a corner to watch her work. He really was grateful. He had expected that she'd ask him to leave. So far, so good. As long as he didn't bother her, he realized there would be no problems.

The sorcerer nodded slightly, pleased for once to have an audience that wasn't silently loathing her. Honestly, her magical talents were wasted in the kingdom. Compared to other merfolk, she was smaller. Weaker. It seemed magic and brute strength were such opposites that even the young prince and princess were both larger than she. Norn chewed on the nail of her pinky finger in thought as she looked around the room. She'd have to extract whatever was inside the orb. That meant... She began swimming about the room in a frenzy, grabbing a large amount of supplies and arranging them around a strange rock in the center of her house. After a few moments, she retrieved the orb from where she had placed it and swam back over to the rock. A quick bump of her hips against it caused it to split down the middle, revealing a magical light hidden inside. Quickly, she dropped the orb inside then began throwing the supplies she had gathered inside the rock in a strange dance, grabbing certain supplies at the key moment and causing explosions of color to erupt from the rock.