MoonlightEevee

Gilligan's Island

About two weeks ago I discovered a 1960's show called Gilligan's Island and I fell in love with the show and I was wondering if anyone else liked it. If nobody has ever heard of this show, look it up and I'll guarantee that you will laugh.

My favorite character is Gilligan for obvious reasons tongue.gif

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

You misspelled "Gilligan" in the topic title. :3

But yes. I have been known about this show, lmao! It recently started showing on TVLand, which is where I assume you discovered it.

For me, it's excellent "white noise." I can study/draw while this show is on, unlike others which either make me feel bored, or compelled to actually see the whole show through. XD

Ah! Thanks for pointing that out =D

I think if there was a pairing for Gilligan and Ginger, I'd love the show even more cool.gif

My favorite episode would have to be Up at Bat where Gilligan supposively gets bitten by a 'vampire' bat.

I also love it when they have a dream. The dreams are hilarious!

Yeah.Love the show. I can remenber it from way back.(in the 70's)

I always thought Mary Ann was hotter than ginger.

She would be a better match for Gilligan IMO.

Ginger would be better paired with the Professor.

also just my opinion.

Ah, I love old TV shows and Gilligan's Island is one of my favorites. I started watching it when I was in elementary school because a friend's family had all the episodes, though it's been a while since I've been able to see it regularly.

I know right? My brother said that it was junk to watch and that they should remake the show, which made me quite mad. If they were to remake the serious, it would lose the purpose of the whole show. Plus, they kind of remade it through Lost.

So confused. Some people don't know about this show?!

Beverly Hillbillies, I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, Leave it to Beaver, and Gilligan's Island have all been old standbys in my childhood. I started watching it a few days ago [hooray for always airing these classics on satellite!] again, and it's so cute and funny. I love the one where Mary Ann thought she ate the poison mushrooms, it just kept escalating. xd.png

oh right the millionaire's my favourite character

edit: yess the dreams are hysterical. the only times they get to get off the island bwhaha

Edited by Zovesta

Ah yes, this show... I've been a Gilligan's island fan for a long time. wub.gif

edit: yess the dreams are hysterical. the only times they get to get off the island bwhaha

xd.pngxd.pngxd.pngxd.png

I got to watch when Gilligan was being hunted last night. I was about to say; "No! Gilligan can't die!" but he didn't so horray for escaping biggrin.gif

Fortunately, the series had a relatively long run that ensured that nobody died. 8] Tempted to do a Gilligan's Island marathon one of these days.

Been watching parts of the episodes that air on TV lately and I loved the part where they were sure the vicious island natives [that the Professor made up, of course] were coming to kill and/or kidnap them. The millionaire and his wife were considered about what to wear while being kidnapped.

I am entirely willing to buy that all of these characters have lost touch with reality after being stuck on an island for who-knows-how-long.

It was one of the classic mid-sixties comedies that we grew up watching. One of my neighbors has cats named Mary Ann and Ginger, and a family member went to school with the Professor when they were in grade school. The shows are culturally significant, which just seems so weird, considering how corny they were.

I probably last saw an episode on Nick at Night some years ago.

Love the "Gilligan's Island Stairway," by Little Roger and the Goosebumps. xd.png

I love Gilligan's Island!

I only saw a part of the first season unfortunately, but since I now have the entire thing, I intend to watch all of it. :3

Gilligan and Mary Ann were my two favorite characters, followed closely by the Skipper.

Oh yes I do remember Gilligan's Island a great show...