Seiti

ANSWERED:Project: Save the Garden

We kept our snow forts, can we please keep our gardens? I love sending out flowers and I plant lots, and have gotten/given quite a few out. Please don't make us lose them..

I think that, although I'd love to keep "my" garden, I don't agree with this suggestion. The garden is only needed to grow flowers so you can send them to others. The whole game is about gifting, and making other peoples' days. Not about greedily keeping the plants you grew. Sharing, not greed, is what this is all about.

But if you still feel the need to get all the flowers, ask people to exchange them with you. (Similar to the take an egg, leave an egg. Only start a game where people can ask for a certain flower to be gifted to them.)

I would love to keep my garden. But I figured we wouldn't be able to keep them. Yes, we have our snow forts and trees and the others. But we didn't get to keep the decorations we didn't use, only those that we decorated with. That is how I see this too.

I'd rather we didn't keep the garden, because the whole purpose is to gift to others, not keep the flowers for ourselves biggrin.gif

I've been making sure my garden is always pruned, so I'm always sending flowers to people whenever a flower grows up. I wouldn't want to keep my almost bare garden.

I agree that the garden is just a tool for giving and what really matters is what you've sent out and received from others. I don't want to be stuck with a bare garden to look at forever.

I think we all gave away tons of flowers and are still doing so, but of course we're "greedy" and "don't get the purpose" of all this just because we like the way the garden looks with all the pretty flowers in it side by side and would love to be able to look at it again later on, sure...

ETA I totally get why we can't keep it, but it still makes me very, very sad.

Edited by Arlessiar

I've been making sure my garden is always pruned, so I'm always sending flowers to people whenever a flower grows up. I wouldn't want to keep my almost bare garden.

This is the same for me. Plus the garden is a tool to send the gifts, so the real thing we should be keeping is our cards & flowers and not the garden itself.

My garden is not particularly attractive. I have been much more concerned with having flowers to send out to others than I have with making sure my garden looks pretty. It looks kind of wild and I personally don't think I would want to put the effort into making it look attractive when the event is over. To me that is not what this is all about.

I don't support this because then everyone would be not giving flowers to people who need them/being really disappointed at not starting to make a nicer garden sooner.

HOWEVER, I think it would be nice if all the flowers you got with the cards were complied into a garden of their own, and then the flower-less cards would be saved as well. That would be the only logical way I can see you left with a garden...

I just found this thread after spending a LOT of time emptying out my lovely garden and sending to tons of people. So now it looks like a weedy vacant lot - I have a few dandelions and unmatured sprigs - so I guess I don't support this, but I WOULD have had I found the thread earlier. Dern.

Saving the garden isn't going to make people gift flowers, no more than not saving the garden is going to make people gift flowers. If someone wants to gift a flower, then they will. And if they don't? They won't.

Most people who are truly greedy that I've met, if they can't have something will do their best to DENY that something to anyone else. They don't think "Well, I can't have it, I guess that means you can." They go:

"MINE! And if I can't have it? Then I'll destroy it so no one else can have it either!".

In short:

Someone who is actually greedy will fill up their garden, and let it get deleted full of flowers, and not send out a single one they don't absolutely have to. Because if they can't have the flowers, then why should anyone else?

Someone who wants something pretty for themselves (which is NOT a crime!) will often send out pretty things to other people. Share the joy and all that.

So stop calling people who want something pretty for themselves "greedy". Because, for the most part, they aren't. And if they are? It won't make a bit of difference if people are allowed to keep their garden or not, because someone who is greedy won't send out the flowers anyway.

So if you look at it closely, you'll see that letting a truly greedy person keep their garden will encourage them to send flowers (they have to get rid of the flowers that are the wrong color / species somehow), and letting the not-greedy keep their garden only means that in addition to sending out pretty flowers, they can keep something pretty for themselves.

I want to keep my garden. And I've been sending out flowers randomly today and yesterday. And I'm going to keep sending out flowers, whether or not I get to keep my garden.

Cheers!

C4.

I have an idea. If you participated in all the past events, you got a badge that lead to to a page displaying something that shows you participated, right? So maybe if you could choose like up to ten or something flowers to keep in a vase or something and choose another flower to be the badge. Yes/No?

I get a flood everytime I post in the send someone a flower thread. plus I randomly troll through looking for people that need what I have. It's really easy to get all the flowers in that thread. so there is no need to keep the garden and I wouldn't want to anyway. thing is way too random for my OCD.

I don't support this because then everyone would be not giving flowers to people who need them/being really disappointed at not starting to make a nicer garden sooner.

HOWEVER, I think it would be nice if all the flowers you got with the cards were complied into a garden of their own, and then the flower-less cards would be saved as well. That would be the only logical way I can see you left with a garden...

That would be nice, even if the messages wouldn't be with the (edit: specific) flowers sent...

But my garden looks terrible, as I generally send out anything growing up ASAP, (including the - admittedly cute - dandelions, when desperate for flower-grams, lol,) and I'd rather not see that, lol, although the flowers and messages I've been sent will be treasured.

Edited by Syphoneira

Think on the last day of the garden/event there will be a valentine card flood xd.png if really the garden will be gone, because no one wants that the flowers get useless deleted and will send them to people

I still have a little hope, that we maybe will allowed to keep our garden

Unlike many past events, this isn't a "public" event. You're not building a vase full for all to see, or constructing a fort, you're sharing flowers between individuals.

Encouraging people to leave their gardens in a "pretty" state proportionately discourages sending flowers to others--which is the main point of the event. You can't send away flowers if you're too busy arranging your garden in just the right pattern.

It was never designed to have a public aspect to it (beyond random sending, but that's still individuals), and I don't plan to change that.