TJ09

2014-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Ohh, yay for lists!! The only way I've found to see the plant names in-game is to act like you're sending the flower. That gets annoying.

Thanks all for all the cards so far. They're beautiful and thoughtful. <3

~

I must beg you guys, please do not report cards unless they are inappropriate, whether they are in English or not. Please don't report cards just for being in another language - unless the message is inappropriate. As well, I know a lot of people are reporting by mistake, but there is a pop-up asking for confirmation on the report. There isn't a way to delete your own report, so please make sure there's nothing in your settings or add-ons that would skip the pop-up just in case you accidentally click it. There's been an unbelievable amount of reports on messages as simple as "Happy Valentine's Day", the default message. So please, be careful and spread the word to your friends to be careful! Thank you all. <3

Wait, there are flowers being sent in other languages? Is there a way to get those off your scroll, since we can't report them? DC *is* an English game, descriptions must be in English, etc, so why is flower-messages in other languages okay?

I just know I do *not* want some flower-message on my scroll that I can't even read.

Wait, there are flowers being sent in other languages?

Of course there are flowers being sent in other languages. I don't bother to write English with other German people.

Haven't tried Japanese yet, is there another player who can speak Japanese? <3

If I say ~Please take the Japanese to PM~, do I get a flower?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

If I say ~Please take the Japanese to PM~, do I get a flower?

I just sent you a message completely in Japanese xd.png

Wait, there are flowers being sent in other languages? Is there a way to get those off your scroll, since we can't report them? DC *is* an English game, descriptions must be in English, etc, so why is flower-messages in other languages okay?

I just know I do *not* want some flower-message on my scroll that I can't even read.

I suggest just ignoring messages that personally bother you. There was an oversight and non-Latin characters were allowed, so for now we're allowing those messages. As well, cards are a little different from other in site features. Events are sometimes a little experimental - as was pointed out in a suggestions thread, this could be counted as a pre-test for allowing comment boxes for something like trades. As well, I'd consider cards more along naming, where we allow different languages - these are allowed and reportable, not moderated before they're visible. Reporting doesn't just hide a message from you - if a message is inappropriate the user may face more serious consequences.

But besides that, the vast majority of reports being sent are for English messages that can't even be slightly construed as inappropriate.

I just sent you a message completely in Japanese xd.png

I don't know what I expected. It's completely blank. Still, I'll treasure it forever!

Edited by Count

well you won't get one from me... rolleyes.gif

I don't know what I expected. It's completely blank. Still, I'll treasure it forever!

blink.gif That's unfortunate.

I wrote ~Please take the Japanese to PM~ (=I'm happy to meet a person who can speak Japanese. I don't know which flower you like, but I give you this one. Have a nice weekend.)

But thanks for the experiment! wink.gif

And thank you for your flower xd.png

Not sure who's keeping tabs, but here's what I've seen flower-wise:

Aganthus

Agapanthus

Alstromeria

Columbine

DewDrop (?? received this so I'm going off the element image name)

Dragon Head

Dragon's Breath

Gerbera Daisy (Red + Orange colors so far)

Hibiscus

Hyacinth

Iris

Jack-in-the-Pulpit

Lavender

Lily of the Valley

Miniature Rose

Mushroom (Blue + Red colors so far)

Rafflesia

Sunflower

Titan Arum

Water Lily

Very nicely done!

Orchid

Pansy

Venus Fly Trap

I just picked up a sick valentines hatchling off the AP ;___; I've hidden it, so I hope it survives! D: Come on little hatchling!

I've got some cards and they are all the standard messages.

And I love them all. biggrin.gif

At least I got cards this year. Even though they are all in DC.

I sincerely hope we get to keep the flowers in our garden at the end of this event! I'm giving out the ones I don't really like or care for, while keeping all the flowers I really like.

Can't believe that even virtual flowers won't work with me. ಠ_ಠ I've only had 4 ready for picking, and most of the growing ones are still in the earliest stages. XD

Edit: Perfect timing. Two just finished growing. :3

Edited by Varekis

Can't believe that even virtual flowers won't work with me. ಠ_ಠ I've only had 4 ready for picking, and most of the growing ones are still in the earliest stages. xd.png

Edit: Perfect timing. Two just finished growing. :3

xd.png And here I thought the people in Australia would grow flowers pretty well. tongue.gif

Oh, shi(f)t, I hate slow internet!

Navia sent me the nice biter when I tried to click a flower for another user. The page loaded slowly, suddenly - JUMP! - and I think I accidentally clicked 'report' button instead of a flower. Now I don't see Navia's biter. Damns and curses! mad.gif Can I return it somehow?

Mods, if that click was "report this message" please don't blame Navia. Blame me and my stupid internet!