TJ09

2014-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Has anyone's seed grown into a full flower yet? I got mine almost there, and it seems nice so far :3 I am curious to see how the orchidea one will grow (^-^)

Happy Valentine to everyone!

Did the egg sprite change?

Don't think so, they look the same to me. Though I was rushing to class when I picked them up so maybe I didn't look close enough. xd.png

They just called it a seed instead of a spore for ease, I imagine...

And the event is supposed to last a week and the Valentine eggs drop for three days...

Yeah, I know. It would be kind of awkward trying to plant a single spore, anyway. xd.png Still did a double take there though.

It's a cute event, but I'm afraid it falls into the bucket of Overthinking it a bit. The whole event is too much, too complicated. Flowers are too laborious to come by. I felt the charm of last year's event and the year before that really came from logging in, receiving pixel gifts, feeling loved, and passing the love on. It really felt like a wonderful world, all one community, celebrating each other. I worry the whole garden-growing setup makes it too laborious to send the love on.

I must confess that I agree with you sad.gif

Plus, it takes so long to actually get a fully grown flower. I've bee at it for over ten hours and I still do not have a flower to send to anyone. I'd hoped I'd have been able to have sent several by now - and it's a huge shame I haven't been able to send even one, especially as it is Valentine's Day today.

I just hope the growing time is reduced over the next few days in order to spread the love.

Has anyone's seed grown into a full flower yet? I got mine almost there, and it seems nice so far :3 I am curious to see how the orchidea one will grow (^-^)

Happy Valentine to everyone!

None of mine are fully grown yet, but several look close. Can't wait to start sending them off!

So much more room in my field to fill! *goes seed hunting*

OhgodtheSNOW. *whimper*

Oooo one of my plants has reached stage 3. I forgot what it was called immediately after I planted it but it looks pretty so far. My funny purple mushroom is there too. I want to start sending already...

I managed to grab two eggs super quickly this time!

and does anyone know if there#s a flower giving thread around already? (if so, please direct me there)

OK just started the garden thing and since I always have had a brown thumb lol we will see

I was hunting in the AP and saw a NEW RELEASE egg go by OMG I could not even click on it lol I have 2 so would never have gotten it But it was there

I LOVE the event smile.gif Very fun. Can't wait to see how my plants turn out.

I just wish I knew whether we will get to keep our gardens or just the flowers we were sent, because that changes the way I will play.

I must confess that I agree with you sad.gif

Plus, it takes so long to actually get a fully grown flower. I've bee at it for over ten hours and I still do not have a flower to send to anyone. I'd hoped I'd have been able to have sent several by now - and it's a huge shame I haven't been able to send even one, especially as it is Valentine's Day today.

I just hope the growing time is reduced over the next few days in order to spread the love.

You know Valentines though in the 18th century was also a lot of work.

Valentines Day

In 18th-century England, it evolved into an occasion in which lovers expressed their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). Valentine's Day symbols that are used today include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid.

Traditionally, that above back then was a lot of work, so guess its sort of the same deal if you really think about it.

This may have been asked already, but I didn't manage to find it if it was.

Where exactly do I find the seeds? I've only found 2 thus far, both on the "Time for some gardening" page. Do I just keep checking that page or can I find them elsewhere as well?

I asked in the tiny question thread in help but didn't get an answer... can flowers wilt if you don't pick them soon enough?

The egg sprites are so beautiful! <3 I guess I'll have to skip the flower event thing, as I'm away for the whole week....

Happy valentine's day everyone!

OK just started the garden thing and since I always have had a brown thumb lol we will see

I was hunting in the AP and saw a NEW RELEASE egg go by OMG I could not even click on it lol I have 2 so would never have gotten it But it was there

Yep, I released one about that time to get a different code.

just sent my first flower biggrin.gif

Edited by draak

I have just got my 43th, but I am sure I need to hunt more xd.pngxd.pngxd.pngxd.png

I am receiving extremely beautiful V gifts with lovely flowers.

Thanks TJ for giving us such sweet miracles xd.pngxd.png

The eggs look great!

I can't find the link to the calendar. When does the Valentine's breeding end?

The eggs look great!

I can't find the link to the calendar. When does the Valentine's breeding end?

Today is the last day to breed past releases.

This is a lovely event and many thanks to everyone involved!

Only it's sad that I've been sent 3 lovely flowers, and still haven't so much as a bud to know when I'll be able to send any back...