TJ09

2014-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I got my two eggs. They're so beautiful! And I started my garden. I can't wait to see what the hatchlings and dragons and plants look like. Thanks, TJ. :-)

I just missed a new egg with the code "vomit" (some letters were in caps). D: Now I'm debating whether or not I should abandon the eggs I've gotten and search for ones with cool codes. xd.png

that's just really not cool... deleting posts that said nothing bad so that another post shows first... idk I don't want to say anything bad and get myself in trouble... but I think that's not fair to the people who did post first and just leaves me feeling bad about it.

It's deleted so that a post that the artist's credits can be put into is second.

Not rude if it's giving the artists (who are all volunteers) proper credit for their contributions. It'd be more rude to deny them credit for their work, imo.

Hurrah! Event time!

And the EGGS -- so pretty! I was so hoping for a primarily white dragon with highlights of Valentine's colors this year... if the eggs are any indication, I may just get my wish!

Thank you, TJ, spriters, and all involved!

Last seed I planted too went "poof" gone. Not planting more right now to see if others are having trouble too.

The forum time stamp might be off if you didn't adjust your settings for daylight/standard time.

I'm having no problems...

This was the easiest Holiday catch yet for me… In less than a minute of trying (around 12:30 Dragon Cave time) I had both eggs — which look beautiful!

So far I have a mushroom and an iris (couldn't stay on to collect seeds in between).

Thanks to all who worked on this event!

I dunno why art credits can't just be put in the OG post instead of going through the hassle of deleting posts. Or keep the thread locked until someone can do the art post

Last seed I planted too went "poof" gone.  Not planting more right now to see if others are having trouble too.

The forum time stamp might be off if you didn't adjust your settings for daylight/standard time.

But I was there when the first drop started at 9pm Pacific time. Got mine in the first 3 minutes.???

BTW, my next seed planted properly.

Edited by Husky51

This was the easiest Holiday catch yet for me… In less than a minute of trying (around 12:30 Dragon Cave time) I had both eggs — which look beautiful!

It took me about five seconds to catch each egg. I think it has something to do with the two per person limit.

My First event. Got 1 egg but having to await hatching for the second. Found some plants finally - a pansy, dandelion and rose bush smile.gif

Thanks to the site creators for a fun time!

Thanks to my mentors for all the help smile.gif

If you think your seed disappeared after planting, check the grassy part bordering the dirt.

Last seed I planted too went "poof" gone.  Not planting more right now to see if others are having trouble too.

Just tried planting another seed as I had duplicate gerbera daisy seeds, it worked. The one that went poof would have been the first plant in the second furrow, which is now held by the gerbera I just planted.

If you think your seed disappeared after planting, check the grassy part bordering the dirt.

Perhaps you might have something there. I do see a bit of green that doesn't fit with the rest of the grass border.

Edited by Dracaena

From what I can tell, seeds appear every five minutes, but it's been almost ten since I've seen one. Is there a reason?

From what I can tell, seeds appear every five minutes, but it's been almost ten since I've seen one. Is there a reason?

Mine have been appearing 10 to 12 minutes apart.

Caught a second hyacinth and it went poof? Maybe you can't have two of one kind

That's not it. I have three of a kind.

Hooray! Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Pretty new eggs, and a fun event!

Thanks TJ and spriters! biggrin.gif

Mine have been appearing 10 to 12 minutes apart.

That makes sense. Thank you! I guess I was counting wrong.

I dunno why art credits can't just be put in the OG post instead of going through the hassle of deleting posts. Or keep the thread locked until someone can do the art post

Mods can't edit the first post because it's done with HTML to make the image work, and I don't know how much work it is for Teej to stick that stuff in after the event since I don't know how he works the posts. x3

And just so people aren't hunting TJ's head, I've cleaned out posts so the art post would be second for a bunch of events now. I just did it earlier this time than I usually do. I am sorry to the people whose posts get cleaned, but in the grand scheme of things, is a post saying "whoop!" really worth getting upset over losing?

There was a post where the art post was in like the middle of the first page and a bunch of people never even knew it existed until it was brought up in TLQ and someone asked why most other events seemed to have one than that one. If I could edit the posts without destroying them, I'd just add links to the art posts in them, but since that isn't possible...

~

I also just got a ??? seed. Interested to see what that turns into. o.o

Thanks TJ for the event! It looks like it'll be fun smile.gif cheered my dreary evening right up!

Can't wait to see what the new dragons look like!

Go away, Hibiscus, I only like you in tea.

I want these cool sounding seeds people are posting about. xd.png