TJ09

2014-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I had a few more nice things to send. sad.gif

I just planted another seed...

and sent my last flower...

still a few seedlings growing...

EDIT:

A big problem I've found during this event is that so many people that I've tried to send flowers to ended up not receiving them...

Why?

Because I couldn't find their scroll names. I had to use the Forum names shown in their posts. I went to each and every name that I sent to and went to their profile looking for a 'scroll' page if it wasn't obvious in their post. If it was a name I took from the 'members viewing' list, I looked at their profile to try and find their scroll name. Some of the Forum names are the same as the scroll names, but a lot of them are different.

From the amount that I sent out, I must have had over 20 or 30 'no user by that name was found' returns...

Happy Dragon Days to all...

Any more flowers that grow up in the next 6 hrs or so will be sent via 'random'...

Edited by Husky51

I'm gonna miss watching my flowers grow. ;o;

And I got a dragon's head seed this morning but I'm sad to say the poor thing probably won't be full grown by the time the event ends! D:

Love the garden this year! *is a gardener in RL* Anybody wanna send me some more flowers? I've got lots in my garden and will send flowers back!

I just got my first titan arum seed, just a bit too late.

I managed to collect all the flowers and I have sent out many, many more. What an excellent event!

The flowers are all gone except for a few last growing things. Thanks again to all involved in making this event happen,

this event was a lot of fun c: only too bad i was traveling with my better half for the most part of it, so i didn't really get to collect that many flowers. Still lack bats and dragon heads and yeah lots of stuff. But it was fun collecting seeds and sending of flowers <3

Just sent the few grown ups i had left to randoms, and now i'm heading to bed. I feel sorry for all the baby seeds in my garden that won't be able to grow up and be gifts for anybody, though

The only thing I would possibly consider changing; would be

a) install the ability to click the cards and flowers gifted to us (if the user kept their name visible) so that we could learn something about them (eg maybe they like certain colours in their collections etc) though this one is doable just copying and pasting their name and altering the link to your own page

cool.gif be able to view peoples garden (so if you are doing a return gift, you can choose something that they don't already have).

I tried to click someones garden but the link was not clickable unless it was to my own.

I just planted another seed...

and sent my last flower...

still a few seedlings growing...

EDIT:

A big problem I've found during this event is that so many people that I've tried to send flowers to ended up not receiving them...

Why?

Because I couldn't find their scroll names. I had to use the Forum names shown in their posts. I went to each and every name that I sent to and went to their profile looking for a 'scroll' page if it wasn't obvious in their post. If it was a name I took from the 'members viewing' list, I looked at their profile to try and find their scroll name. Some of the Forum names are the same as the scroll names, but a lot of them are different.

From the amount that I sent out, I must have had over 20 or 30 'no user by that name was found' returns...

Happy Dragon Days to all...

Any more flowers that grow up in the next 6 hrs or so will be sent via 'random'...

I had the same problem with not being able to find some people's scroll names, but mine just didn't send in that case, so at least I could send them to somebody else, while in other cases, I thought I was sending to someone of a particular user name, but they went to a different person, because of a different scroll name or spelling, and I only found this out when they later sent to me, noticing/recalling the different scroll name at that point and realizing that they would have had nothing of what I'd sent before, in at least one case, over days, lol.

But there are so many wonderful people I won't be able to send to, and the flowers seem to have slowed down these last couple of days... always have been running out/waiting, but my growing plants seem so skimpy lately, and so few rows...

When my V-day dragons matured, a Last Bred date appeared underneath where my name and the gender show up. It has a Last Bred date of Feb 8, 2014. I captured and saved a picture of it in my Word Picture file and would show it here but there doesn't seem to be any way to upload things from my personal files. Thoughts?

When my V-day dragons matured, a Last Bred date appeared underneath where my name and the gender show up. It has a Last Bred date of Feb 8, 2014. I captured and saved a picture of it in my Word Picture file and would show it here but there doesn't seem to be any way to upload things from my personal files. Thoughts?

TJ does that so that new-born Holiday dragons can't breed that year. smile.gif

I can't find the link to the "I Need this Flower", and "Give this Flower" thread.

I want to complete my collection if I can. Can someone provide the link? Thanks!

My page is STILL exploding with Dragon Heads being gifted to me. I can't love any of you enough. :3 I don't have any really rare flowers sadly- so anyone who doesn't remain annomuness I shall gift my most beautiful flowers to tonight, for whom gave me Dragon Heads. smile.gif (3 in a row?! Oh my gosh I love you all! xd.png This flower is so cool and beautiful! )

My page is STILL exploding with Dragon Heads being gifted to me. I can't love any of you enough. :3 I don't have any really rare flowers sadly- so anyone who doesn't remain annomuness I shall gift my most beautiful flowers to tonight, for whom gave me Dragon Heads. smile.gif (3 in a row?! Oh my gosh I love you all! xd.png This flower is so cool and beautiful! )

Isn't it?

I do have to say that is my favorite flower of all the ones you can gift.

(Tiger lilies and yellow roses are my favorites in real life, of course. I'll have to plant a bunch this year, now that I have a HOUSE to plant them at!)

And there are a lot of generous people here, too. smile.gif

I never grew a dragonhead but grew two dragonbreaths.

Could someone gift me Lavender Flower A and Lavender Flower C? I keep getting B's :\

I also need the Biter that has a purple head with Teal leaves.

I also need a yellow Gerbera and the Blue Orchid.

Thanks!

Edited by whitestar

I agree with you AveryCF, it is one of the prettiest flowers although I do like the red Rose with the one blue blossom...

I want to thank TJ and everybody for the great Valentines event this year... I don't know how it can be topped next year, but I'm sure the powers that be will come up with something...

Isn't it?

I do have to say that is my favorite flower of all the ones you can gift.

(Tiger lilies and yellow roses are my favorites in real life, of course. I'll have to plant a bunch this year, now that I have a HOUSE to plant them at!)

And there are a lot of generous people here, too. smile.gif

Ill say, I'm glad I found this site and game a few years ago when I was 12. It's a nice game to grow up playing, loving dragons and meeting generous people of the DC community. Makes me wish Dragon Heads were a real flower!! xd.png Id have a army planted in spring, and a summer worth of a dragon filled gardan! xd.png

I send away all flowers I had, I hope I was able to make some people happy. biggrin.gif

It really was an nice event, thank you for it!

....Now I have to go to bed.... user posted image

I loved this event!!! wub.gif Too bad its ending soon dry.gif

On a side note... anyone want to swap dragon heads with me? xd.png