littlelizzie

Just A Kid

(( Basic supplies to start you off. Just the average stuff people would be willing to part with in this situation. Mainly just a ration portion of the venison he caught earlier. ))

The bag hit the ground in front of him. Whether he was surprised or angry remained to be seen. Instead, he simply leaned down and lifted the bag to full height, shrugging.

"Order is important everywhere." Luke frowned under his mask, sounding quite insulted. "Without order in this chaos, we will die. You could have been a leader, if you had wanted. It made me quite depressed when you said you chose to come down here."

He sighed.

"Should you choose to live down here, Mrs. Cyrene, know that it's rickety and not many people have repaired things in this location. Be careful. If you need repairs, I am always available."

He bowed to her and Lizzie before turning. Rex followed, giving a parting glance to the two of them.

"Or do you need anything now?" Luke suddenly said, turning back.

Edited by Thaelasan

"Yes, thank you." Ian replied as he stepped into the building. "I hope you don't mind Argus tagging along. He's kinda impatient for some actual food.

"Anyways, it's nice to meet you Cyril. My name's Ian, and my companion here is Argus; your friendly neighborhood coyote. We have a few odd things we'd be willing to trade, but they're all back at our home. If you have something that need fixing, or need something else built, I can pay you that way as well. I'm good with tinkering."

((Are you sure? Giving a teenage boy x-ray vision may not be the best idea...))

((So I kinda wanna hop back in, trouble is that I'm busy with some work. Could you maybe provide a recap for me?))

Blaze ran on top of the buildings, jumping on the closer ones, and grabbing Ashes's ankles to be flown to farther ones. Suddenly, a small glint caught his eye. He looked into the street below him and saw a group of three. They were conversing and talking. People, thought Blaze. Suddenly he remembered he forgot to tell Ashes to stop running, and turned to tell him to when he got knocked backward by Ashes. Not again, was all he thought as he went down. Ashes recovered quickly and tried to lift Blaze, only slowing him though. Giving up, Ashes guided his master towards a pile of soft looking trash bags. Blaze groaned as his senses came back. I am still alive, he thought, then reconsidered as he remembered something. If those people don't kill me.

Edited by LeviathinGeneral

How much time had passed since he had last checked? Was the sun still high above the sky or was it beginning its descent into night? Holding his right hand against his forehead, Ryan checked the sky. Sure enough the sun as beginning to climb down, though he couldn't get an accurate time predicting. Three, maybe four in the afternoon, at best. Sighing to himself, he placed the kebabs into a small plastic bag before forcing the air out. He grabbed his backpack and placed the baggy in one of the side pouches, with his spices and rubbing alcohol. While it was rather strange to keep those two things together, he couldn't help but thinking of using the rubbing alcohol as a means of inducing vomit, should the need occur.

Making sure his rifle was safely securely in its holder, Ryan began to walk down the street, poking into every house he could easily get into to. The first three were completely empty, all of the food and valuables had been taken. All that remained was the melancholy, and the ever present reminder of the Old World.

Ryan hated that reminder, more then anything else in the damned world. Adapting to life beyond the virus was rather easy, but the Old World felt like a ghost to him. It was always there, it tormented him endlessly. In his mind, all he could feel was regret and anger.

The anger itself built up quickly, and it caused him to scream at the top of his lungs. He didn't care who heard him, he just wanted to share his frustration with this New World. With his anger, he pounded his fist against the nearest wall, and quickly felt pain course through his arm. Clenching his teeth, he stood there for a moment. The anger was now gone, the ghost was gone... all the remained was his worthless self. Leaning against the wall, he slid down and covered his face with his hands.

"...Why am I still alive, why do I refuse to die?" He muttered, tearing up a bit as memories course through his head. Although minutes passed, to him it felt like hours. He knew deep down, he was emotionally and mentally screwed up, his sense of self didn't help matters much either. Still, he felt a bit better now that he let it out his emotions. Wiping the tears from his eyes, he got up and adjusted his glasses before heading out. The notions of survival and practicality were on his mind, his pity-party was over.

The next house had an unopened sleeve of crackers and a can of tomato soup in the kitchen. He liked tomato soup.

Edited by Lore_Master

Lizzie listened to what Luke was saying, talking about how he wished she had chose to be a leader. "I wouldn't want to lead everyone. I just help when they need it." She muttered, frowning. "I would only disappoint people." She added quietly, waving as Luke turned to go. She looked back at Cyrene and was about to ask if she wanted to go with her or stay, but was interrupted by Luke's asking if they needed anything.

Lizzie shook her head no, briefly going over if she actually did need anything. She had water, food, medical supplies, and things to entertain herself and Leon. She was good. She smiled when Leon nudged her leg and she tightened the grip on her backpack straps, looking at Cyrene.

"Will you be joining me on my quest to find the boy, Cyrene?" She asked with a smile.

Vincent continued to walk on through the abandoned part of the city, frowning. He kept an eye on the sky as he trudged forward, knowing that the more formidable animals would be flying. That didn't mean he shouldn't keep an eye on the ground as well, which is exactly what he was doing.

He froze as a knocked over trashcan appeared in his path. It wasn't the trashcan that had caught his attention, it was the thing inside the trashcan. It had been a cat once, the thing inside the trashcan. Now it was covered in something black, possibly blood, and it was about twice as large as it had been. He took a step backwards but, of course, a stick was there. It snapped and he gasped, freezing again. The cat pulled its head out of the trashcan and stared at Vincent, unblinking.

Vincent gulped as the cat watched him, and when it turned its head back into the trashcan he let out a sigh of relief. Thank god. He thought, moving away from the cat. I'll just go to the other side of the street and walk around you really slowly, okay? He thought, smiling nervously. He looked into the sky again and smiled, seeing no birds.

I really do need to make friends though. He looked at the cat as he passed it, hoping it wasn't just deceiving him. Just one friend, that's all I need. Someone who doesn't hate me would be awesome, but most people hate me. He turned his attention back to the road in front of him when the cat was far enough away from him and kicked a rock. Making friends isn't very easy for me though.

((Sorry for my absence!))

Edited by littlelizzie

"As long as he doesn't bite, Argus is fine. I used to love Canines, you know before the world went mad. Fascinating animals, and so much like humans. Dog is a mans best friend." Smiling to himself Cyril maneuvered through the over turned desks and tables, kicking up dust that had settled over everything since the last person to search the place for food. Coming to the bags he and his sister had carried from the next town over Cyril frowned, realizing one of them had a small tear, I'll need to sew that up. He thought to himself. "We've got some rabbit in here." Cyril said drawing out some slabs of meat wrapped in old grocery bags, "Fresh not been dried out yet, only way anything keeps anymore."

"And currently me and my sister don't have much that needs fixing, but I'd love to pop over and take a look at what you have at your place, do you live across the street?"

"Sure, wait up!" Cyrene said sprinting to catch up to Lizzie, "Sorry, I was just thinking, how long do you think it will take for life to settle down into something that's not a day-to-day battle? Seems like never, but I know it will happen eventually, there will be kids born who won't know any other life and slowly civilization will build itself back up, it never really dies. But how long till then?" Not really paying attention to Lizzies answer Cyrene studied the building around her, taking in as much information about her surroundings as possible, you never knew when you were going to be attacked or misled or forced to find your own way home. People, fear made them animals. "So who is this Boy?" she asked cutting Lizzie off, if she had been speaking, Cyrene wash't paying attention, "And do you think he'd have anything interesting to trade with? Do you have anything particularly interesting to trade with?"

Lizzie smiled at Cyrene's continuous questions and let her talk, not answering. When she asked who the boy was she frowned and sighed dramatically. "The boy I'm tasked to find is Vincent. If he tells you a fake name, call him out on it. He loves to do that to new people." She said, kicking a rock that Leon chased down. "Well, I'm not actually tasked to find him but he hasn't been around since early this morning. Said he was going out to the edge of the city to look for interesting stuff. He'll probably have something to trade you." She said, laughing when Leon picked up the rock.

"Jace, you aren't supposed to eat rocks." She called, whistling to him. He dropped the rock and walked back over to Lizzie, tail wagging.

"I am not Jace though." Leon said, circling Cyrene. "I am Leon, the dog of goodness." He barked and licked Cyrene's hand. "Yeah, I'm sorry. I'll get better about calling you by your name soon, I promise." Lizzie said quietly, looking at the buildings.

"Don't worry, he's nice if you treat him right. Especially if you give him food. When I first met him, Argus was actually going to try and eat me until I fed him." Ian replied.

Argus scoffed at Ian's words, as if to say 'I wasn't really going to eat you' which caused the young man to laugh lightly and pat him on the head.

As soon as Cyril mentioned fresh rabbit Argus' ears perked up and the coyote bolted to Cyrus' side, his eyes fixed on the bags of flesh.

"Well, as you can see, fresh meat is Argus' favorite. I think you two will get along just fine." Ian said with a laugh. "Our home is just a a couple houses down from across the street. It's a bit beaten up, but it works well enough. I've been able to scrounge up enough items to fix it up a bit, as well as start a few projects. You'd be surprised at how handy a bit of junk just lying around is.

"So anyways, you said your siter was with you? Maybe would you like to grab her before we go, or at least let her know where we are going?"

Blaze leaned on Ashes for support as he walked down the street, looking for an accessible fire escape. Ashes suddenly stopped and barked once. He sniffed the air and then shot down an alley, dragging Blaze with him. Oh no, Blaze thought, I'm still healing from the last Ashes-related injury. Still being dragged, Blaze jumped and seated himself in the saddle he made on Ashes back. But Ashes didn't have the makeshift reins on. Suddenly Ashes veered right, into another alley, and after regaining his seat from the sudden turn, Blaze saw a large felineish creature had it jump out of a trash can and ran away. But Ashes wasn't interested in that. He ran into the street and turned right. Blaze could now see the some people with pets. So much for escaping unnoticed, Blaze thought as they turned around. He quickly loosened his sword in its scabbard and unsling his bow from his back. As he reached for an arrow in the quiver in his saddlebag, Ashes suddenly stopped, catapulting Blaze over Ashes' head. He lande on his back, right in front of the people. He waved his hands frantically to show that he had no weapon, Realized he was holding his bow and an arrow, then loaded his bow as he sat up, aiming it the one armed girl nearest him. He got up and slowly backed towards Ashes, then lowered his bow slowly.

Edited by LeviathinGeneral

Exiting from the house, new found supplies in hand, Ryan made his way to the road. If he recalled the map correctly, he wasn't even halfway to the west coast. Six months later and he was still trying to find his way to the other side of the country. What did he expect to find there? He didn't know... but the east coast was dead to him, and he hated living in this region. He wanted to taste the sea air again, wanted to catch some fish... he wanted his life back. Sighing loudly, he adjusted his backpack and continued down the road.

He could once picture hundreds of cars travelling down this road during rush hour, now it was a battle between the plants who wanted to break free, and the Old World Road. All around him, cracks were apparent, weeds and tall grass began their struggle. This road would lead him to the down town area, where the skyscraps held their virgil. Eventually, they'll fall like the tower of Babel. For now however, they were a landmark he needed. One thing did strike him as odd, he didn't encounter anybody at all. No children, no survivors... no one.

"I guess this must be a dead city..." He thought sadly, he had seen several settlements deprived of people. Whether it was due to death or migration, he couldn't say. In the end, it didn't matter, he just needed to make it to the west coast... no matter how long it took.

((He's making his way to you guys.))

Exiting from the house, new found supplies in hand, Ryan made his way to the road. If he recalled the map correctly, he wasn't even halfway to the west coast. Six months later and he was still trying to find his way to the other side of the country. What did he expect to find there? He didn't know... but the east coast was dead to him, and he hated living in this region. He wanted to taste the sea air again, wanted to catch some fish... he wanted his life back. Sighing loudly, he adjusted his backpack and continued down the road.

He could once picture hundreds of cars travelling down this road during rush hour, now it was a battle between the plants who wanted to break free, and the Old World Road. All around him, cracks were apparent, weeds and tall grass began their struggle. This road would lead him to the down town area, where the skyscraps held their virgil. Eventually, they'll fall like the tower of Babel. For now however, they were a landmark he needed. One thing did strike him as odd, he didn't encounter anybody at all. No children, no survivors... no one.

"I guess this must be a dead city..." He thought sadly, he had seen several settlements deprived of people. Whether it was due to death or migration, he couldn't say. In the end, it didn't matter, he just needed to make it to the west coast... no matter how long it took.

((He's making his way to you guys.))

(KAYO. Will be interesting)

Zoey took a step back. She was minding her own business when she ran into what looked like a mutatant cat. "Nice kitty," Zoey whispered, carefully trying to make a quiet retreat. The mutated cat looked up suddenly and stared at Zoey. It yowled at her before chasing after Zoey who ended up truning into one alley after another. The teen slowed down. "Mutant cat on the loose!" she hollered, not even noticing the mutant dog.

(Eh, I thought I'll just have her run into a group being chased by a mutant cat biggrin.gif By the way, she ran into Lizzie's group)

((Excellent decision, RoD cx))

Lizzie stared as a boy with a mutated wolf, she assumed, came towards the group. She watched him cautiously, aware of his weapons. She touched Leon's head, she couldn't pet him since her hand was still holding her bag, and noticed his fur was bristling. She guessed he was nervous of the other canine.

She continued to watch the boy and held back a snort as he proceeded to fall off of his companion. She was about to make a smart remark but frowned when he aimed a bow at her. When he stood and took a few steps back, lowering his bow along the way, she smirked. "I do think a bow would be a nasty way to go. Tell me, how did the dirt taste?" She asked jokingly, hearing more footsteps.

She turned and looked at the source and saw another red haired girl was running towards the increasingly large group. She was about to call to her but paused when she hollered something about a mutated cat. She looked down at Leon and he lowered his muzzle, prepared to run.

"Go, Jace." She said simply, moving her arm up so her bag was over her shoulder again.

"I still am not Jace, Lizzie." Leon barked and ran towards the girl. He pounced over her and landed on the cats back, knocking it over.

Edited by littlelizzie

Zoey couldn't believer her eyes. A mutated dog was obeying a human's command. She looked at the girl that apparently owned him with wide eyes. "No way," she barely breathed. She looked back at the dog. "Ok, now I'm jealous. I've never met anyone who has a mutated animal for a...friend." She was careful on choosing her words as she didn't want to upset anyone. She wondered what it would be like if she had a mutated giraffe for a friend. "Interesting." She then flinched, not meaning to say it out loud.

((Where is Raven?

Also, raptor, I just realized that you use Holo as a picture for Lizzie. ))

(( This is Holo from the anime Spice and Wolf, a short, but very well made series.))

[[Hi guys. Just popping in. I sent a character sheet to Lizzie two days ago but no response has been made yet. It also appears that she hasn't had any activity since the seventh. So, at the least, I'm reading along as you guys make posts smile.gif hopefully I get accepted soon and can join in.]]

[[Yay for getting accepted x3

Let me know if I've gotten anything wrong.]]

The weather was lovely today. Well... Except for the heat....

Two figures walked across the sun-baked ground, the covering of patchy grass having given way to cracked pavement some time ago; one was at least a half foot taller than the other and less covered in clothing. Voices, although hard to pick up, were likely heard on the dry air, drifting with the aid of the strained breeze. Something about someone putting on their shirt for the umpteenth time. "Kitty-Kat, do you still care about me not wearing a shirt? You can't see anything of my chest with all these bandages on." Mike, the taller of the two, ran a hand through oddly dyed hair, rough skin brushing against the tricolored strands.

"No, it doesn't but me. However, we might come across some other survivors and they might get offended by seeing an exposed body like yours." Kate, Mike's sister, held a fingertip between her front teeth, pressing down harder than she ought. The burst of discomfort helped to ease her mind, a small trickle of copper-like taste layering the point of her tongue. "Well, whatever. It doesn't matter. But don't say I didn't warn you...."

Mike made a disapproving sound, nipping his lower lip as he pulled Kate's hand away from her mouth and inspected her offended finger. "Don't do that...." His voice was softer, a sense of hurt in his expressive gaze.

"Why? I'll only find something else to do. Stop worrying about me and focus on yourself," Kate stated, pulling her hand free and making a point to keep her eyes trained forward.

"I focus on myself enough, Kitty-Kat. Just yesterday, I spent time to tan out these obstacles." Now Mike's hands moved to his covered chest, indicating his flatten-downed breasts. He smirked as Kate waved her hand dismissively, muttering something along the lines that she knew this and had even stumbled upon the incident to her dismay. Mike started laughing now, stretching his arms up until his shoulders popped and proceeded to crack his knuckles. At last, he took a well-worn wife beater from the back of his pants and slipped it on over his head. "There. It's just bloody hot today and wearing clothes makes me uncomfortable in this heat!"

Kate shook her head, briefly watching her brother twist his torso to make his spinal cord crack where it did. "It's hot everyday. Besides, it's not so bad."

"This coming from the kid sister who's constantly wearing her jacket. Even in blistering heat!" Mike poked her shoulder, feminine fingers plucking at the dark material the short girl wore. If Mike didn't feel like he were trapped in the wrong body, if he had continued to identify as a woman, perhaps he wouldn't be so prone, or at ease, to strip out of a shirt and shorts to stay cool.

Tapping on his arm made Mike stop and look at what his sister was indicating. "Hey! People!" He started to wave but then noticed the fighting canine and feline near the group of gathered individuals. Well, this was an interesting event. Perhaps they should move on elsewhere and find somewhere less... active, with battling beasts.

((Hey, Narvix, mind sending me a copy of your character sheets? Liz hasn't put them up yet so I don't know what they even look like. I just want to have my character go over and greet them or something so he's no longer locked by raven's character.))

((I have to say, those may be some of the most unique and creative characters I have seen.

Mike kinda reminds me of a character from a webcomic I read though. The author of that just reaps humor from her situation.))

As Ian left the building to go towards his home, he caught sight of two mutant animals caught in a fight. He lowered himself into a crouch, and was about to ready his rifle to fire, when he saw a few other people nearby the creatures, which suggested that one of the fighting animals was a companion to one. Deciding to play it safe and not get on anyone's bad side, Ian slung the rifle over his shoulder and began to take a wide detour around the animals, Argus following suit.

As they made their way across the rubble, Ian tripped on a loose bit of concrete, and stumbled right into the street, right into two people he hadn't seen earlier.