cyradis4

Request: No new Prize breeds, please!

I think I'd have to disagree with this one. Even though I'm someone who is struggling to obtain 2G or 3Gs as well, I would really like the idea of having a new prize dragon.

Sure, we might never get CBs of Prize Dragons, but I like collecting prize lines and it has gradually became an obsession of mine.

After all, when you are an old player with 1000+ dragons(not me, I don't even have CBs of every common dragon), you need more goals(hardships) in the game. Lineage building might be one thing, but for some people, collecting new prize breed is another thing!

And I would absolutely love new Prize Dragons. Shimmers and Tinsels are one of the prettiest dragons I know! xd.png

And I would absolutely love new Prize Dragons. Shimmers and Tinsels are one of the prettiest dragons I know!

And it's a shame that their sprites are wasted on staircase lineages, 4 years on and I only know of a few different types of chequers:

- Sunsong/Bronze shimmer which the trader said as much they won't trade unless it's for something equally as rare.

- Silver Shimmer x Green Copper which I guess is alright although the combination is a bit strange

- Silver Tinsel x Trihorn which I traded for yesterday

- Gold Tinsel x Stripe whoops I missed out on trading for that 4 years ago

- Gold Shimmer x GW x gold was gifted this by a very kind person <3

- Bronze Shimmer x Green Copper... that's right, there's basically a few chequers and already Green copper shows up twice. ;_______;

- Silver x Ribbon Dancer. Uh, an ok combo I guess.

- GW x Copper x Shimmer. Uh, an ok combo I guess.

- *insert random mixed lineage here with so many different colours that it looks like a salad* Ok please no ;_____;

And 99999999999999999 stair lineages up for trade. Just why. I guess life is good if people like stairs that look like a line extending from one side of the screen to another?

Ok, I'm done.

(Or you spend a lot of time collecting loads of 2g prizes from one mate? I'm doing Blusang x Prize but at least one person has disappeared on me and the genders/naming/colours are all over the place. )

Edited by DarkEternity

UAnd it's a shame that their sprites are wasted on staircase lineages, 4 years on and I only know of a few different types of chequers:

- Sunsong/Bronze shimmer which the trader said as much they won't trade unless it's for something equally as rare.

- Silver Shimmer x Green Copper which I guess is alright although the combination is a bit strange

- Bronze Shimmer x Green Copper... that's right, there's basically a few chequers and already Green copper shows up twice. ;_______;

- *insert random mixed lineage here with so many different colours that it looks like a salad* Ok please no ;_____;

And 99999999999999999 stair lineages up for trade. Just why. I guess life is good if people like stairs that look like a line extending from one side of the screen to another?

Ok, I'm done.

(Or you spend a lot of time collecting loads of 2g prizes from one mate? I'm doing Blusang x Prize but at least one person has disappeared on me and the genders/naming/colours are all over the place. )

Just want to mention that there are more perfect checkers I know of wink.gif

- Electric x Silver Shimmer

- Royal blue x Bronze Shimmer

- Skywing x Bronze Shimmer

- Purple Nebula x Bronze Shimmer

- Royal Crimson x Bronze Shimmer

- Horse x Gold Tinsel

- Mint x Silver Shimmer (which I can breed)

- Bronze Shimmer x Ribbon Dancer

4 years on and I only know of a few different types of chequers:

Hmm...

Silver Tinsel x rainbow copper with Penk, so not considered a perfect checker by everyone.

Black Marrow x Bronze Tinsel

I'd do more, but don't have the second gens for them. I need a gold tinsel from male tinsel and bleeding moon to go with one second gen I have, and a silver tinsel x shadow walker to go with another (though that one is promised. Just waiting my turn) and I could have checkers with silver shimmer x copper or silver shimmer x moonstone if I had unrelated 2nd gen copper and moonstones.

Silver Shimmer x Moonstone - Ok, that's Jewel in there, but I think it ought to still count. And at some point (when Madam breeds a shiny for it), I'll have a 3G silver Shimmer x Marrow lineage, too.

Bronze tinsel/summer/gold

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ifF0f

http://dragcave.net/lineage/f4N0B

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NgQiU

http://dragcave.net/lineage/u6hQF

So none of these are perfect checkers but they are still lineages that are not your typical stairstep/spiral lineages. Most of these are my daughters lineages, she loves trying to make lineages from the hybrids.

Well, I have enough prizefails, someone breed me some nice 2nd gen prizes, and I'll make you all the checkers you could dream of. xP I actually can do Bronze Tinsel x Purple and Bronze Shimmer x Thunder checkers when they decide to give me eggs. Checkers don't seem to be worth as much in trading, though.

So are people saying we should stick with the older prizes for a bit until they're prolific enough that checkers are a bit easier to accomplish?

You won't hear that from me.

I do like that TJ awarded both tinsels and shimmers this year. I'd like to see cb of both still available, though I want new prize breeds every couple years too. I'd be perfectly ok with older prize breeds becoming HM.

Yep.... and how many perfect Prize x non-Prize, non-inbred perfect checkers go beyond 3rd gen? Precious few of them, I've found.

For the faux checkers, those can be quite interesting and fun to construct, but even then... You are limited by what 2nd gens are available.

One thing I've always liked about DC is that there are not a lot of exclusive breeds. Right now, there are:

89 regular dragons and their color morphs

17 regular Holidays

7 Pygmies (includes Pumpkins in this number)

5 Two Headed and their color morphs

5 Drakes and their color morphs

11 Breed onlies (including Avatars, Hybrids, and bred alts)

13 Unbreedables (includes Zombies, Vamps, ND, non-dragons, retired dragons)

6 Prizes and their color morphs

(note: no spriter alts were counted)

So, add up the regular dragons and regular holidays, and you get 106 types available in CB version that can breed together. Toss in the Prizes, and Prizes make up 5% of the regular dragons. Add them all up, and Prizes and their color morphs still make up 4% of the current species (and their color morphs). And they make up half of the current Metals.

Personally, I'd like to see only Tinsels and Shimmers released for a few more years, so their CB numbers can get up into the reasonable range, and more non-exclusive dragons are released (hopefully some metalic types). Some CB Prize owners agree with me, some do not. Same with regular users.

The question I think needs to be asked is, how many exclusives is too many? I personally think we're there already, but others will disagree.

I'm all for more true metals being released in-cave. Or through some sort of in-game activity, so long as every single user could, in theory, have a CB.

C4.

Well, I have more metals in the works. (of course. I loooooove shiny things) However, even though some are/were on the completed list, I decided they need more work, so... not going to be released any time soon.

Currently on my todo list are bronzes, pyrites (which technically aren't metals), iron, mithril, pygmy versions of at least gold, silver and copper. Hmm. I will probably redo rose gold at some point too. Um. There are maybe more in there somewhere too, but those are the ones I can think of. No, none of these are on the public lists anymore except rose gold.

Though... Thuban has silver tinsel x balloon checkers out further than 3rd gen... just so you know.

Old prize should be avaliable in cave after years of their last relase date, so new ones could take their place and everybody will be able to collect them in an adequate way even if the old winners will left the game.

I have none 2nd gen shimmer (even if some are owe to me) and still I wish more new prize breed. This game shouldn't create "rich elites" and removing the chaces to get a new prize breed without removing the actual CB prize status won't change anything. Elites will stay right there.

Even if TJ will gift 100 new CB gold shimmer this year the percentage to get one is too low. DC is a game with more and more and more people every year, so the competition is still too much high to make things balanced.

read this post for more infos and to read my point of view.

Edited by Naruhina_94

And it's a shame that their sprites are wasted on staircase lineages, 4 years on and I only know of a few different types of chequers:

Heh, I do bronze and silver tin /balloon checkers.. and have been trying to track down fails so I can do that with all my other /balloon lines. No matter what kinds of insane offers I make.. I have not yet managed to find someone willing to do bronze shimmer/balloon (for shinies, someone actually gave me a fail recently)..

Heres the thing though: The challenge of trying to complete my goal of being able to checker every sprite with balloons (prizes) is one of the main reason I still play this game. Adding new sprites to the mix, makes my goal a little tougher to meet, but also keeps me interested. The other goal of getting /other/ people to actually like balloons has been fun too. I think I've succeeded rather well there.

So while it is rather difficult to get ahold of the second gens I need for my own evil plans.. it's like my one driving factor for playing. I enjoy the challenge, so I would hate to see new Prizes stop showing up.

I'd like to start seeing the older ones move into the HM slot at some point. After a few years, the cb supply has dropped.. and I really dont think it would hurt the economy too much, if there was a chance of 50 new cb tins hitting the market (or TJ can work out the math for how many of each type may be requested for them, to help keep ratios where they have been...). As time goes on.. all of the prizes would eventually end up there.. and hopefully this game will still have us interested in playing tongue.gif

As for my reasoning to favor stairs over checkers: I can't seem to get trades for checkers. Most people hate balloons, and I have no interest in non-balloon lines. When its a stair though, people are like "its a balloon mate, this will be so easy to continue" and I end up trading with a lot of players who can't afford the prices of the more popular pairings. If people ask for checkers, sure, I love the checkers, but I have no reason to breed them unless someone asks, since I cant trade them off most of the time.

Edit: I do offer third gens cheap, to people who can't afford the higher "prices"..when I trade for higher "prices", its purely because MOST of the time, I'm trying to find things to gift, with my Pay it Forward game I play in the irc. Sometimes.. its fun to just tell people "hey, I have this really awesome code for you, lineage isnt bad either" and give them a cb metal instead of what they thought they were getting.

Edited by Thuban

As much as i like Tinsels and Shimmers, I hope next raffle we will be getting new prize dragons!!!

Its only a few more months till Christmas, i know you artists can come up with something bright new and shiny xd.pngwink.gif

Edited by djengis

As much as i like Tinsels and Shimmers, I hope next raffle we will be getting new prize dragons!!!

Its only a few more months till Christmas, i know you artists can come up with something bright new  and shiny  xd.png  wink.gif

I'm soooooooooo on the fence about this: I would like to see new prizes and I sympathize with the "speshul" feeling of the current prize owners. But if there are new prizes that means that the old ones stay exclusive. Considering the trade threads and the trading advantages of the lucky owners of the "old" prizes, I think that "old" prizes should become more available to the people that weren't lucky enough to get them. For example on the cave. And that should/could happen before or at the same time that new sprites are introduced.

I strongly disagree with the idea that prizes should be able to become 'in cave', because that will instantly devalue all the prizes out there and removes everything 'special' about them. And this doesn't just include the cb owners, it also includes the owners of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc gens! It would have a huge impact on the trading market.

I say this as someone who doesn't have a prize, btw. I just don't see why the rest of us want to take away a gift to certain users.

Personally, I'm hoping for new prizes this year, even though I'm unlikely to win smile.gif I like seeing new breeds and hope I'll like the new one as much as the shimmers.

I strongly disagree with the idea that prizes should be able to become 'in cave', because that will instantly devalue all the prizes out there and removes everything 'special' about them. And this doesn't just include the cb owners, it also includes the owners of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc gens! It would have a huge impact on the trading market.

I say this as someone who doesn't have a prize, btw. I just don't see why the rest of us want to take away a gift to certain users.

Personally, I'm hoping for new prizes this year, even though I'm unlikely to win smile.gif I like seeing new breeds and hope I'll like the new one as much as the shimmers.

I agree, prizes should not be in-cave. There's another thread about that, too. However...

I dislike seeing new breeds that I can't do lineages that I want with. Why admire a species that you are handcuffed into using as 50 individuals on a game of thousands want you to use it?

And considering the number of DOUBLE winner, and the number of winners who have no interest in sharing (their right, that!) and for Gold Tinsels, for instance, it boils down to the wishes of what, 15 active Gold Tinsel owners? If that? Dragons who breed very badly. And as for Gold Tinsel males! There are what, 4 of those? At least 1 of which is never bred?

I could go for eternity without seeing another Prize breed added. Take the two we have, and alternate them as Prizes.

If people want more rares (and I do!) then release them into the Cave, where many, many more people can have a shot at them.

Cheers!

C4.

Its simply a matter of how somethings work. Not everything we would like to have is made easily available to us to get as we please. As is I don't want to see just the same two dragons being used over and over and over again. That is truly stale. Many have mentioned making Prizes HM prizes with a bigger HM pool size to allow for new blood to random users. And since HM allows for any number of breeds then we can always assure our selves that not everyone will pick a Tinsel/Shimmer but that majority will.

I would love to see new prizes and collect those high gen babies like candy because pretty exclusive breeds are always nice. As much as lineage making may be part of the game at this point because I am one of the few that admits it is a real part of the game, not every dragon can appease that lineage part of the community. Let Prizes be prizes and if you want more dispersed blood then I think having them be HM would be best.

I personally think people that have won/have a cb prize should be removed off the list of winning any more. My blood boils when I see someone (and there ARE people) with multiple CB prizes when something like that should be completely random in choosing but somehow by some black magic, more than one happens to appear on a scroll. Give other people a chance. To me that's unacceptable. dry.gif

I personally think people that have won/have a cb prize should be removed off the list of winning any more. My blood boils when I see someone (and there ARE people) with multiple CB prizes when something like that should be completely random in choosing but somehow by some black magic, more than one happens to appear on a scroll. Give other people a chance. To me that's unacceptable. dry.gif

That takes away from randomness; I can't support it. Sadly, random draws do mean one person could win every year... But that is the only FAIR way to draw. Random is random is random.

That takes away from randomness; I can't support it. Sadly, random draws do mean one person could win every year... But that is the only FAIR way to draw. Random is random is random.

Assuming the RNG is itself fair, which is hard for computers to do (you need to include an external element that is random to help them out). I would like it if TJ would look into that. There were just too many people who won twice this year for me to be happy. There were 3 people who won for a 2nd time this year. (the 4th person with two CB Prizes traded for the 2nd so doesn't count).

Considering that the userbase is estimated to be upwards of 10,000 users (TJ quotes 40k in his resume)... That's just.... I'd think its something that does need to be looked into.

Either way, I still don't want to see any more new exclusive species.

Cheers!

C4.

That seemed like waaaay too much of a coincidence considering how many people there are. And how wouldn't that be fair? They already won something that's extremely rare that everyone in DC are looking forward to. They already got a prize, so why not get removed from the list and give others a chance. Why would you NEED more than one prize. In EVERY prize drawing I've participating in my life, including school, events, at work, holiday games, whenever someone was picked, their name/number was taken out so it could be fair to everyone else so they could get their chance.

Either there's something wrong with the shuffler or something's up..

Edited by GhostChilli

That seemed like waaaay too much of a coincidence considering how many people there are. And how wouldn't that be fair? They already won something that's extremely rare that everyone in DC are looking forward to. They already got a prize, so why not get removed from the list and give others a chance. Why would you NEED more than one prize. In EVERY prize drawing I've participating in my life, including school, events, at work, holiday games, whenever someone was picked, their name/number was taken out so it could be fair to everyone else so they could get their chance.

No one's winning twice in the same raffle, though. Which is what your examples imply...

Still seems like there's a lot of assumptions flying around. The way I look at it is like this:

Say my work holds a raffle of items every year and sells tickets to all the staff. The first year the top prize is £5000, so lots of people buy lots of tickets. Because the main prize is so good, I decide to buy 40 tickets and end up with numbers 21-30 and 151-170 and 341-350. Unfortuntately, I don't win the big prize, but because I bought quite a few tickets I still win a bottle of wine. Yay me. The next year, the big bosses are feeling the economic pinch so the top prize in the raffle is £100 of shopping vouchers. Nice but not amazing, so I only buy 5 tickets - numbers 91-96. As it happens, not many other people were thrilled with the prizes so not many people have bought tickets and once again I get lucky - perhaps this time I win the 2nd prize of a bottle of champagne. Different raffles, different ticket numbers, random chances both times, and yet I win something twice. It can happen. It does happen. (Admittedly not to me, but still. wink.gif )

In all the raffles we've had, we've all been earning entries or tickets for that specific raffle. This suggests to me that each completed entry event is given a number that is associated with the scroll that it was earned on, but is not the same as that scroll's number. So it's quite likely that the same scroll could have won with ticket number 71 one year and ticket number 1683 in a subsequent year. And your added "random factor" is the fact that tickets can be earned at any point throughout an extended event and none of us has *any* control over what ticket numbers we get relative to anyone else. *shrug*

Dunno. I was just reading the paper and for the SECOND time, having bought three tickets out of over 600,000 sold, one woman has just won her SECOND half a million dollar house in a city lottery.... Says it all really.

I also rather feel that saying the RNG is favouring some people is rather insulting to TJ. I think he would have made damn sure it didn't.

Dunno. I was just reading the paper and for the SECOND time, having bought three tickets out of over 600,000 sold, one woman has just won her SECOND half a million dollar house in a city lottery.... Says it all really.

I also rather feel that saying the RNG is favouring some people is rather insulting to TJ. I think he would have made damn sure it didn't.

You're saying you wouldn't have a problem if there was A user that one EVERY single raffle there has been since '11? It obviously hasn't happened but with the chances, it would've been possible.

You're saying you wouldn't have a problem if there was A user that one EVERY single raffle there has been since '11? It obviously hasn't happened but with the chances, it would've been possible.

I would be sad - but no. I wouldn't have a PROBLEM with it. That is randomness in action.