Sheriziya

ANSWERED:Release a Coal Version of the prize dragon?

Xythus. /Thousands/ of players will get coals each year. Versus only slightly over a hundred getting the shiny ones. Coal ones are not going to devalue the shiny ones. They're just... not.

Also, they aren't meant to be high worth, anyway. There won't be complaining about "oh noes my coal's offspring don't mean much now" because they won't mean much to begin with. Their kids will be worth even less than the average CB Holiday's offspring (which is already worth very little) because there will be more every year, as opposed to CB Holidays only being released once. Not to mention they can breed true all year long. They will be nothing more than pretty, entertaining commons that have the added quirk of you having to collaborate with others more if you want to work on even gens.

And I think the idea of actually looking forward to getting coal at Christmas is a cute one. Clearly a bunch of us are already giddy about it, so your overly serious "coal is a punishment" thing doesn't mean much.

This is far from necessary, and I personally think it wouldn't do much to decrease sadness at not winning the real prizes, but I do think it would be fun and that black shimmers would be absolutely gorgeous.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Yes, not a supporter of this. To me, the prizes are prizes - as participation rewards we have our badges and snowforts.

I would love a Coal anything. biggrin.gif Heck, they can be unbreedable for what I care. A consolation prize is just to make it fun to participate, not frustrating as it is now.

Coal is also a "punishment" only in certain cultures. Actually I think its only a main-stay in the US traditions. xd.png

I suspect that the Coals would end up trading a lot like either Golds and Silvers or perhaps like Trios. Very valuable in the CB version, but the value decreasing with higher generations unless there is something special about its lineage

As for the "badge is enough", the badge just sits there and does nothing. The other consolation prizes in another game? Can be used. They do things. No, they are not valuable when compared to the grand prizes, but they still have value when compared to the regularly-obtainable items. But they can be interacted with.

And seriously. This is a game. And it could use another few rare dragons, that are between 2nd gen Prizes and CB metals in rarity.

And lastly. Black Shimmers. *swoon*

Cheers!

C4.

Black shimmers.. just sound awesome. And coal... biggrin.gif

Anyways. Yes. Not everyone wins in real life raffles. This isn't real life, though. (I know, hard to believe.) So I'm fully in support of this.

They wouldn't particularly be 'worth' too much (lots of people would get CBs), but (for me personally) it would alleviate the disappointment I felt when I clicked that link and... nothing. Because then I would be looking forward to getting my own wee one, even if everyone else was too. He/She would be mine. My only CB gold was a gift. And -many- other players have them. That doesn't make her any less special to me.

I want to make lineages with shimmers, with those sprites. Badly. Its my favorite sprite in the game, and I love making lineages. If coal prizes were given out, I could make those lineages. Perhaps not with silvers still, but it would be closer and a definite improvement, as right now I can't and practically never will.

And.. yeah. We can't interact with our badges or forts. I'd like a consolation prize, as it would give me a baby to love that is special to me.

I wonder, if Mysfytt (ack, I'm probably spelling that wrong) would be willing to do a recolor once a year? As in, the next raffle has coal shimmers. Then perhaps the next would be pure white (snow) shimmers. Then... etc, you get the idea. So we get sprites, and something special as well. Though the idea of having the same color every year sounds good as well.

And this is a game, why not do something fun that people like the idea of? No, we don't -need- it. But then again, we don't -need- to play games, we want to! (I am, anyways, addicted so its a need, but you get the point). So, if we like the idea of this, why not?

I suspect that the Coals would end up trading a lot like either Golds and Silvers or perhaps like Trios. Very valuable in the CB version, but the value decreasing with higher generations unless there is something special about its lineage

Eh, I doubt they'd even be that valuable. Everyone gets one by default who's there at the time, which can't be said at all of Golds / Silvers / Trios. Plus they'd breed a lot better than all of the above. X'D

@EscapistLore: A whole rainbow of Shimmers! *w* Haha, that being said, I'm not sure if different colors or just the one every year would be better... I mean, if we got one each year, you could get a male and a female, start your own checkers gradually, etc etc.

Just a thought is it not worth running this idea through the two spriters who created tinsels and shimmers in the first place? If they say no to recolours etc, then this idea could be dead in the water before it got started?

Eh, I doubt they'd even be that valuable. Everyone gets one by default who's there at the time, which can't be said at all of Golds / Silvers / Trios. Plus they'd breed a lot better than all of the above. X'D

@EscapistLore: A whole rainbow of Shimmers! *w* Haha, that being said, I'm not sure if different colors or just the one every year would be better... I mean, if we got one each year, you could get a male and a female, start your own checkers gradually, etc etc.

I know, I really don't know which I'd prefer... But either way, I'm in full support of consolation shimmers. biggrin.gif

Rainbows or coal... rainbows or coal... I think either would rock.

Just a thought is it not worth running this idea through the two spriters who created tinsels and shimmers in the first place? If they say no to recolours etc, then this idea could be dead in the water before it got started?

It already has been. Shimmer spriter said yes (ergo all the talk of black Shimmers), Tinsel spriter said no.

It already has been. Shimmer spriter said yes (ergo all the talk of black Shimmers), Tinsel spriter said no.

Ah good to know - so if this is possible this will only ever be shimmer and if a new prize dragon is released down the line with spriter consent

Edited by lilacamy931

Read the first post, they were already contacted. Mysfytt (shimmers) is game if TJ is. Marrionetta is not.

Cheers!

C4.

Ah good to know - so if this is possible this will only ever be shimmer and if a new prize dragon is released down the line with spriter consent

Yup! Although, I'm half hopeful that if it does happen and is really popular, the Tinsel spriter will be sad her sprites are missing out on the mass adoration and end up adding one too. X'D

Eh, I doubt they'd even be that valuable. Everyone gets one by default who's there at the time, which can't be said at all of Golds / Silvers / Trios.

if coal verson can be traded, you can be sure that some people will trade cb metals to get more coal versions.

if coal verson can be traded, you can be sure that some people will trade cb metals to get more coal versions.

Yep, but once they grow up? I doubt 2G offspring would go for that much, I really don't think it'll have that much value in everyone's eyes as there will be so many of them CB.

Yep, but once they grow up? I doubt 2G offspring would go for that much, I really don't think it'll have that much value in everyone's eyes as there will be so many of them CB.

It depends on just how the Coal version breeds. Like Trios? Be sure the 2nd gens will be worth something. Those buggers are royal pains to breed, and the only reason they don't go for much is because of how common the CBs are.

There are a lot more CB metals in the game than there would ever be consolation prizes, and 2nd gen metals still trade decently. Well, sorta decently. When people aren't crazed with prize dragons.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

People sometimes to the same thing to those who miss Holiday releases (save their eggs and auction them off for high prices to those unlucky souls who missed out), but I don't think they have much success.

If it's a big concern, though, they could be scroll locked? GoNs work that way, so the coding already exists. Same rationale: you got the goody bag. It's yours. Not someone else's.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I would LOVE a coal version, but I'm not sold that it would be a viable long term solution to the 'Raffle Blues.'

I guess it would mean any possible different prizes in the future need to have five different variations.

Edited by Draco Knight

Not all value is in trade. I don't care about trading anymore, since it is so skewed and essentially worthless in finding anything I want now. A beautiful sprite is still a beautiful sprite, regardless of what its supposed trade value may be.

Edited by dragongrrl

there are plentyful of cb metals. most likely, a lot more than the amount of consolation prizes that would ever be given out.

so, lets face it. a coal version shimmer would be worth more than a metal in the same gen.

there are plentyful of cb metals. most likely, a lot more than the amount of consolation prizes that would ever be given out.

so, lets face it. a coal version shimmer would be worth more than a metal in the same gen.

Probably yes. If they bred like blockers, they'd be worth a bit less. If they bred like certain "commons", or uncommons, or rares, then they'd be worth more.

Cheers!

C4.

This might be true in terms of numbers, but not in terms of distribution. Some people have lots of CB Metals, many others have none, because they're hard to get. Whereas everyone would get one of these for free.

Plus - Holidays work much the same way. One time CB release forever and only. But 2g Holidays don't generally trade for 2g Metals, do they? And these guys would be even more common, as they can breed all year long.

Still, I'm all in favor of scroll locking, as I mentioned above.

Ok. @dragongrrl- To me they'd be valuable, is what I meant by that, because I could make lineages. tongue.gif

@whitebaron- Ok, so lets say 2Gs are worth a bit. 2G metals are affordable. Much more so than 2G Prizes. Having something in between might be good for trading. Perhaps not, but.. hard to say. I know I wouldn't pay a CB gold for something I could breed and swap myself. And how many people give them away, or give 2G Holidays away? smile.gif

I like the idea of them being scroll locked, as well, that'd solve the issue of the CBs being traded.

This might be true in terms of numbers, but not in terms of distribution. Some people have lots of CB Metals, many others have none, because they're hard to get. Whereas everyone would get one of these for free.

Plus - Holidays work much the same way. One time CB release forever and only. But 2g Holidays don't generally trade for 2g Metals, do they? And these guys would be even more common, as they can breed all year long.

Still, I'm all in favor of scroll locking, as I mentioned above.

Holidays, I think, is more because they only breed true for one week in a year, and during that week, they are super easy to get.

So I don't think we could really use CB Holidays to compare.

And I'm against them being scroll locked. If someone wants to trade the consolation prize, let them. Who cares if someone ends up with multiples? Presumably, the person who traded it away got something they wanted more than they wanted the consolation prize. Why else would they have traded it?

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

All or nothing. Marrionetta said no. Sounds pretty definite to me.

I don't see it needing to be an all or nothing. If a coal prize is something that occurs it would be better to have just ONE sprite rather than two otherwise people will be crying that they got a tinsel instead of a shimmer. If everyone gets the exact same thing there is nothing to whine about.

I don't see it needing to be an all or nothing. If a coal prize is something that occurs it would be better to have just ONE sprite rather than two otherwise people will be crying that they got a tinsel instead of a shimmer. If everyone gets the exact same thing there is nothing to whine about.

Sooo true! rolleyes.gif