Sheriziya

ANSWERED:Release of Prize dragons in-cave

I disagree, and I agree with the OP. The problem is that prizes are special, making some completely random players special. Even though every active player has the same chance, the end result is very unfair. It creates a class of DC-elites.

A parent does not pick one child to give a gift.

A teacher does not pick one student to give a cookie.

A manager does not pick one employee to give a bonus.

Not even if it's random.

Every DC player should be treated the same. I feel we all should have the same access to the same dragons, no more and no less. At least in a fantasy world, we can have the fantasy of equality as close to perfect as we can make it.

A little fallacious. I don't know where you live, but I grew up with a very different experience.

Teachers award prizes to students when they win a spelling bee, science or math competitions, etc. and managers give employee of the month, or year bonuses. These are rewards for a certain level of excellence. If you think you're doing the same work, but didn't get the award, it may seem unfair.

And parents do gift one child as they see fit. And that may hurt, if you are one of the kids that didn't get, but it does happen. Even parents aren't always "fair."

Lotteries and raffles have a handful of winners, but most people lose. That's the way it is.

This isn't a parent or other close authority figure giving their favorite something. It's a raffle done by, well, let's call us an organization.

Yes, breeding sucks right now (I remember when tinsels hit the AP and became easy to catch, something that seemingly never occurred with shimmers and no longer occurs with tinsels), but caveborn variants are not going to fix this problem with ratios. I suppose if cb and breeding ratios are divorced (which I think they are?) they'll drop well, but with everyone grabbing one... we're still going to have the same problems breeding but likely multiplied.

I think when you use special you perhaps mean rare or unattainable, which is not what I mean prizes in general should be. Here's what I mean:

belonging specifically to a particular person or place.

designed or organized for a particular person, purpose, or occasion.

And I believe releasing prizes in cave will make the prizes themselves not special.

Do I think there are problems overall with the trade market and what hits the AP? Yeah, but I really think this is user-based and I have no idea how to really go about fixing or improving that.

Perhaps I misunderstood the OP. I thought the original dragons would be released in cave, not variants. In any case, I'm not complaining about the trade values or the ratios.

The "belonging to a specific person" and (@dragongrrl) the "most people lose" is exactly what I'm protesting. Prize dragons aren't a prize for doing something exceptional like spriting. They're not a bonus for doing good work, nor an award for winning a competition. They are taking completely random players and giving them something. And I know that's how raffles work, but what I wonder is, why would Dragon Cave introduce this kind of inequality? What does it add to the game, besides bad feelings?

Dragon Cave is a game, and in games, everyone starts off on the same footing. When you participate in a holiday drop or raise 200 dragons, etc, you get an award, everyone does, by the same rules.

Edit: forgot some stuff.

Edited by wobster109

I disagree, and I agree with the OP. The problem is that prizes are special, making some completely random players special. Even though every active player has the same chance, the end result is very unfair. It creates a class of DC-elites.

A parent does not pick one child to give a gift.

A teacher does not pick one student to give a cookie.

A manager does not pick one employee to give a bonus.

Not even if it's random.

Every DC player should be treated the same. I feel we all should have the same access to the same dragons, no more and no less. At least in a fantasy world, we can have the fantasy of equality as close to perfect as we can make it.

i think you're being somewhat ignorant to the fact that nothing in life is fair, ever, lol

it's simply meant to be a raffle. that's all. it was an idea introduced that caused some buzz, so it stuck. it's become a tradition. it's not really here for an exact purpose, it's just part of the game.

and whether or not you participate in that part of the game is all up to you. you're the one that chooses to want prize dragons, you're the one that chooses to collect the certain dragons you collect. i personally know someone who plays this game who doesn't care anything about them, all they wanted was a male and female of each and they were satisfied.

it's all up to the person to determine how they see this game. and if you think it's unfair because you can't get a certain dragon you want, then yes, it is, but you half to deal with that. that's just how it is. there is nothing in this world that is truly equal, and DC doesn't have to try and make itself that way just to please some users while others are completely fine with how the game is played.

and this is coming from someone who'd love to have a ton of 2Gs and a CB prize. i was disappointed that i lost, but i'm not going to demand the game be changed just because i wasn't lucky enough to win. i think that's where everyone's losing themselves at right now.

edit;

also, a majority of games today have perks. betas, special items, etc. it's not like DC is the only game on the net that is like this.

Edited by Princess_Pinkie

I agree with wobster109. Just because RL isn't fair doesn't mean that a GAME has to be automatically unfair.

Cheers!

C4.

No, DC isn't the only game to have such perks - but the fact that it originally didn't have such perks (for the most part) was definitely what drew me here in the first place.

I play games to escape RL. Prizes have created an elite / celebrity group (whether the winners wanted to be seen that way or not), turned the trade economy upside-down, and added two really pretty sets of dragons that only a very small minority can have CBs / low gens of to a game that used to be pretty equal in what everyone can get.

Obviously DC was never 100% balanced (there were CB Hollies, and there's discontinueds now, some people have faster connections than others and so on), but I still feel it used to be a lot more balanced than it is now. And balanced games - where by and large everyone can get everything with enough time and work - are what I like best.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

What's the point of giving out a prize dragon if they're not a prize of anything?

They are the dragon reserved for winning a prize.

edit: And on the topic of prizes creating an elite, I disagree. Anybody can get a prize dragon from the departures board. But rather they are cb or not is just greed. I was fine with 9th gen before I won anything.

Edited by Kojayo55

prize

prʌɪz/

noun

noun: prize; plural noun: prizes

a thing given as a reward to the winner of a competition or in recognition of an outstanding achievement.

Somehow raffles have never had the connotation of the outstanding achievement for me...

*looks at raffle sadly*

More along the lines of: ultra rare dragon distributed randomly so as to be fair.

Edited by DarkEternity

What's the point of giving out a prize dragon if they're not a prize of anything?

Some of us don't think prizes should ever have been added to a collecting game in the first place. Not prizes that can only ever be obtained in their original form by a very small minority largely through little more than luck, at any rate.

Perhaps I misunderstood the OP. I thought the original dragons would be released in cave, not variants. In any case, I'm not complaining about the trade values or the ratios.

The "belonging to a specific person" and (@dragongrrl) the "most people lose" is exactly what I'm protesting. Prize dragons aren't a prize for doing something exceptional like spriting. They're not a bonus for doing good work, nor an award for winning a competition. They are taking completely random players and giving them something. And I know that's how raffles work, but what I wonder is, why would Dragon Cave introduce this kind of inequality? What does it add to the game, besides bad feelings?

Dragon Cave is a game, and in games, everyone starts off on the same footing. When you participate in a holiday drop or raise 200 dragons, etc, you get an award, everyone does, by the same rules.

Edit: forgot some stuff.

No, I added variant because I'm absolutely against releasing the original prizes in cave (then it's not a prize =\ ), but you can consider my post to mean original/variant. I did think about doing that to begin with, but then it was too much work. =p

Since the original suggestion was releasing them in cave and (in the conglomerate thread) it was also suggested that prizes be released in cave but to be a dull variant. A dull variant being rewarded to raffle participants was something that came up separately, IIRC.

As for being special. So then my original post here was on point, at least for you. The suggestion isn't really about just releasing prizes in cave, it's about changing the raffle completely (so it's not a raffle or a competition, which does fit in with releasing prizes in cave, but that's not just the point of the suggestion). In which case, I really don't get the point? We get an event, we get holiday dragons. We get cool things during that time!

Eh, I really don't think everyone starts off on the same foot, anyway. I got a caveborn gold when I first joined because there was less competition and no real trading market. Since then (since 2008) I have not caught any caveborn silver and I have only caught one other cb gold (which I gifted during Secret Santa). I have not caught any lineaged gold - I was gifted all the ones I have. I caught a handful of lineaged silvers and been gifted a couple.

Especially with how busy the cave is these days and the trading market, new users are not likely to catch a rare right away. You learn tricks and you hunt more and that's how you're more likely to catch a rare. But! we still have older users who don't have caveborn rares. Or who have been gifted lineaged rares but can't catch them on their own. Yes, there is a chance all users can get these things but that doesn't put us on equal footing. Click response time, internet speed, free time, patience - all of these factors will put you on higher or lower footing for catching rares or other desireables.

I think it's an illusion of equality because we all have a chance to find these things, but it's not really equality like you're describing, IMHO.

I will say I wasn't particularly excited to see limited dragons released on DC. Part of the reason I don't enjoy games like CS is that pets are created once (except for like throwback time during Christmas) and only once. There's a very limited amount of pets depending on how many users are active that year. And then there's users that go inactive and those old pets sit there unavailable to others. I didn't really want to see that on DC. But! Breeding exists in DC. Prizes aren't impossible for others to get. No, it can't be caveborn for everyone, but everyone still has the chance to get a prize dragon. And in that way, it is fair.

I hinted at it earlier, but I think most these problems of fairness dealing with gens and such are rooted in problems with the trading market and are self-created by users. I'm not saying there's no solution; I'm just saying I don't know what the solution is.

Releasing caveborn prizes may accomplish several things:

• Prizes are no longer prizes. I know a lot of people say the code is the real prize, but I don't agree with this. Not all people select a personalized code. There are cool codes that are randomly generated (you can't choose them, no, but they're still cool). The dragons are listed as prize dragons. They are dragons that are prizes. x3 And while some winners, such as yourself, would be happy to do this, not all would be. I think it also goes against what Marri meant for the tinsels (not speaking for her here! Just hypothesizing based on the fact that she said no to recolors), at least.
  • Now everyone can grab cb prizes, so they become less desireable and less tradeable. Since more people have them because we've introduced them through cave and not just breeding, breeding ratios are affected even more. And the trade market in general is still not fixed because there are other desireables and rares out there.
  • This addresses general availability but not breeding results, which is also something people are looking for a solution to.
If we'd never done a competition/raffle, I never would have suggested it. I'd be all for disbanding it. But we have done (several) raffles now and I think it's just as unfair to go back and disband the whole prize system because we are unable to deal with a leetle bit of disappointment in not being able to win a cb dragon (but still being able to find lineaged versions of the dragon). I get that many people prefer cbs, but that doesn't mean lineaged versions are actually bad, and therefore I don't really think the system is unfair or unequal in cave if we are talking about 'cave equality'.

Also, if we were going to release prizes in cave to be fair, we'd also have to bring back cb holidays every year, and that would just be a mess to handle in the cave, IMO. @_@

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

edit: And on the topic of prizes creating an elite, I disagree. Anybody can get a prize dragon from the departures board. But rather they are cb or not is just greed. I was fine with 9th gen before I won anything.

The only thing keeping me and many players still active is breeding lineages.

And there are SIX Sprites which are extrodinarily hard to use in mine (and many others) favorite type of lineages: even gens. To make even gens, you need 2nd gens. And getting a 2nd gen Prize with the mate you want is extrodinarily hard and expensive.

Its not greed, and never has been. Its a desire to continue to play the game. Nothing more, nothing less. No lineages? I've got no reason to stay and play. Why? Because I've already got every adult sprite that CAN be gotten, and have had them for years. Mind, other lineages keep me occupied.

The Prizes are 6 of the prettiest sprites on the cave, and the vast majority of even gen lineages ARE NOT POSSIBLE to create at the moment.

If there was only one Prize sprite, then it wouldn't be a big deal, because you're only loosing 1 sprite's usage. But there are SIX of them. Six of the best, shiniest sprites in the Cave. And there is only one other sprite which, to me, shouts "I'm Special!" and that's the Golds (the silvers are too not-shiny and have too many anatomy flaws, and while I love Coppers they aren't shiny either).

Cheers!

C4.

if you release prize dragons into the cave it'll completely diminish the value of the ones that people already have :/

something you need to remember: the trade value of the eggs that come from a prize dragon are PART OF THE PRIZE. people say "no it's the code" "no its the fact that its CB" lets all be real here, for a moment. this game is dominated by the trade market, whether we like it or not.

stop trying to take that away from the people who won just because you didn't. sure, i would've liked to win and all that, i was severely disappointed when i didn't and i legitimately cried, but that doesn't mean that we have to twist the game to suit everyone's disappointment.

they won, you didn't. i don't understand why everyone wants things to change just because of that. i get that you can't do lineages you want, but come on now. we shouldn't take away the value of a prize from the people who really did win.

if you release prize dragons into the cave it'll completely diminish the value of the ones that people already have :/

I object, re-releasing prize dragons every year has already dminished the value of the ones that people already have. If the aim was to WHOLLY monopolise the trade market, the prize dragons would have been released once via a raffle and NEVER AGAIN via a raffle.

Just something about the counterpoint about prizes not being prizes if they eventually get a cave release, I completely disagree. In a game like DC that centers heavily on collecting and building lineages, early exclusive access to the only CBs of a very desirable breed is a pretty huge deal, even if that breed will be in the cave in two or so years. They will still be crazy special and 'trade' valuable for the years they are exclusive, isn't that enough? Is that not good enough to be considered a 'prize?'

Would an eventual cave release change the meaning of the raffle? Of course. However, is that really a bad thing?

Edited by Draco Knight

stop trying to take that away from the people who won just because you didn't. sure, i would've liked to win and all that, i was severely disappointed when i didn't and i legitimately cried, but that doesn't mean that we have to twist the game to suit everyone's disappointment.

they won, you didn't. i don't understand why everyone wants things to change just because of that. i get that you can't do lineages you want, but come on now. we shouldn't take away the value of a prize from the people who really did win.

I'll just point out that there is a prizewinner who is for this suggestion, so I think this is kind of off point.

Would an eventual cave release change the meaning of the raffle? Of course. However, is that really a bad thing?

Just for me personally, the problem isn't changing the raffle per se, just changing how the prizes themselves work. I think limited time is fine, especially since TJ brought tinsels back this year. It's not like they're never available again, it's just that only a few people can get a cb.

unpopular opinion time ;u;

I have to admit, I'm against releasing them incave the way they are (I support the coal arient though!). But I probably sound very biased considering.....

but to be honest, this is a collecting game. A sprite collecting game. Is not like the sprite itself is unobtainable. You can still collect it! They all look the same and there's no difference between the CBs and nonCBs. Though I do admit breeding has become a huge part of this game, hence why their value has been so inflated. I dont understand why everyone freaked out about the CB prizes though when many didnt say much abut the elusive CB hollies.

In all seriousness though, they are prizes. I've seen a ton of games do it, so its not like DC did something completely out fo the ordinary. DC is still very unique without its "currency" and "rl money dragons". I just feel that the prizes should be elft as prizes - but have them still continue to be released through other raffles. Then they won't die out - a new CB group will come every year.

I do not intend to sound greedy at all - I just prefer that they were not released in cave. Leave them as prizes - that was their intention.

Now please don't hate me ;u; Feel free to tear apart my post though.

but to be honest, this is a collecting game. A sprite collecting game. Is not like the sprite itself is unobtainable. You can still collect it! They all look the same and there's no difference between the CBs and nonCBs. Though I do admit breeding has become a huge part of this game, hence why their value has been so inflated. I dont understand why everyone freaked out about the CB prizes though when many didnt say much abut the elusive CB hollies.

Back before we had the lineage viewer, I feel like this would have been a pretty strong arguement, as collecting sprites was the meat and backbone of the game. However, that has changed, and I'd even say lineage building is as important a feature as collecting. Sure every year a few more CB prizes will be given out, but if DC remains popular, there will never be enough CB prize dragons to keep people from going nuts over them. Nuts in a bad way.

I remember plenty of complaining about Hollies back in the day, but you're right that it wasn't near the level of prizes. Perhaps because Hollies only breed once a year, so their value and rareness never touched other parts of game; they never turned trading on it's ear, or dominated the 'market.'

I do want to say this, as much as I support an in cave release(and I very much do) - I'd rather leave them as exclusive and just have a much bigger prize pool.

Edited by Draco Knight

This isn't a parent or other close authority figure giving their favorite something. It's a raffle done by, well, let's call us an organization.

Yes, breeding sucks right now (I remember when tinsels hit the AP and became easy to catch, something that seemingly never occurred with shimmers and no longer occurs with tinsels), but caveborn variants are not going to fix this problem with ratios. I suppose if cb and breeding ratios are divorced (which I think they are?) they'll drop well, but with everyone grabbing one... we're still going to have the same problems breeding but likely multiplied.

I think when you use special you perhaps mean rare or unattainable, which is not what I mean prizes in general should be. Here's what I mean:

belonging specifically to a particular person or place.

designed or organized for a particular person, purpose, or occasion.

And I believe releasing prizes in cave will make the prizes themselves not special.

Do I think there are problems overall with the trade market and what hits the AP? Yeah, but I really think this is user-based and I have no idea how to really go about fixing or improving that.

I very much agree with sock. The problem is people's feelings about stuff, NOT the prizes. Prizes are special. Yes they are random. So - if you win the lottery and get lots of money, are you going to say you are obligated to share that money ? I doubt it. It would be your prize., You bought a ticket and you won it. That is exactly how these prizes are distributed - you get a ticket (with a game, rather than with cash, and you may or may not win. No it isn't an effort - but nor is buying any other raffle ticket. It isn;t some huge inequality. It's - luck.

And catchers and breeders should be the lucky ones then everyone can do everything ? Well, I have a friend who plays; she has terrible RA and can hardly type. She almost never manages to catch anything because her hands - basically - don't work. How is that any more fair ?

i think you're being somewhat ignorant to the fact that nothing in life is fair, ever, lol

it's simply meant to be a raffle. that's all. it was an idea introduced that caused some buzz, so it stuck. it's become a tradition. it's not really here for an exact purpose, it's just part of the game.

and whether or not you participate in that part of the game is all up to you. you're the one that chooses to want prize dragons, you're the one that chooses to collect the certain dragons you collect. i personally know someone who plays this game who doesn't care anything about them, all they wanted was a male and female of each and they were satisfied.

it's all up to the person to determine how they see this game. and if you think it's unfair because you can't get a certain dragon you want, then yes, it is, but you half to deal with that. that's just how it is. there is nothing in this world that is truly equal, and DC doesn't have to try and make itself that way just to please some users while others are completely fine with how the game is played.

and this is coming from someone who'd love to have a ton of 2Gs and a CB prize. i was disappointed that i lost, but i'm not going to demand the game be changed just because i wasn't lucky enough to win. i think that's where everyone's losing themselves at right now.

edit;

also, a majority of games today have perks. betas, special items, etc. it's not like DC is the only game on the net that is like this.

Indeed it isn't.

...They're PRIZE dragons. They are given out CB as a PRIZE.

Putting them in the cave renders them being CB as a PRIZE pointless.

I'd love to have a CB pair of each of the colors of each prize dragon. Seriously, I would.

But they're meant as a prize for being the lucky winner of a contest that's drawn at random.

I'm for the coal variant, because that's not exactly the same dragon since it's a color variant and the others would still be proper prizes by virtue of having three colors only available CB as prizes.

But I don't like the idea of releasing them in the cave so everybody can try to grab them. Them being available is a PRIZE for a reason.

@Fuzz: Neglecteds. They are the great connection speed equalizer, IMO.

Also in my opinion, although clearly not everyone's, a collecting game is at its prime when the maximum possible amount of things can be collected. And by that I mean lineages, because for most players the goal of get sprites of everything is really too easy (bar Neglecteds, which do require a lot of work to make). An ideal DC to me would have been one where Frills and Old Pinks were still around, past CB Holidays and all Snow Angel colors were available, and Prizes were another rare to try to catch in cave. Maybe add another few hard work to create dragons as well. Obviously most of these things can't happen, now, but I'd still like to see low gen Prizes at the least be more widely available.

And again, I have one 2nd gen and I'm on lists for others. If I was solely after personal profit I'd benefit from keeping them rare as heck. But that's not what I want, I want easier Silver Shimmer x Sunsong checker creation and more chances for everyone else to get some nice lines of their desire as well.

Yup, it favours people with catching speed...

@Fuzz: Neglecteds. They are the great connection speed equalizer, IMO.

But you have to hammer into all those ERs at the end (more details omitted because reasons !) She can't do anything fast.

My mate will be OK - many of us catch and gift to her - but all I am saying is that there is no way to make this game totally fair to everyone. There will ALWAYS be unfairnesses of one kind or another. ALWAYS.

And actually I always hope she will win a prize, just so that she can have something that special - and I would not be pro their release in the cave.

(*weeps over Old Pinks. It's so UNFAAAAAAAAAIR that I wasn't told about this game before they were retired*)

Edited by fuzzbucket

You have the better part of an hour to get ready at the end. Unless someone's Internet is so exceedingly lousy that I can't imagine why they'd bother with it at all, it's not that hard to load a bunch of ERs in advance and then just hit submit once the time is right.

Still, you're right. The game will never be 100% balanced; few things ever will be anywhere where thousands of people are involved. But I still think the old system was more balanced. For quite a few years after joining I didn't have many rares at all, but I don't ever remember feeling as low spirited about the possibilities of "gotta collect 'em all" (or close enough to all) as I do now. Largely because I always thought if I stopped being lazy I could make Neglecteds in a pinch, haha.

I was around for them and I still regret not getting more. Miss Frills too... Lumina x Frill checker would've been gorgeous, or x GW. :'c

Now I really want another vibrant pink dragon / deep green dragon, gah.

I think it could come in handy to make a few things clear. This topic has been started per TJ's request because he wants every base of the combo suggestion be discussed separately.

The dull variant was added to the combo suggestion, as were a lot of other things.

The release of the prize dragons in-cave was suggested because it would, perhaps, solve a few things:

- After 4 years/raffles other players would be able to get CB prizes as well

- The trading market would have a chance to balance out, sorta speak,

- We could get more varieties of prize dragons, like pygmies, drakes, etc.

- other reasons like mentioned in the OP.

This suggestion was ABSOLUTELY NOT made to change the way the raffle itself works. We're still going on the assumption of prizewinners selected randomly from the participants of the event. It's still a raffle. ONLY the prizes changes according to the schedule in the OP. There is NO other changes proposed to the raffle and event itself.

As for prizes no longer being prizes, of course they still are prizes! Like I said in the original thread, the prize winners will always be remembers, for as long as the wikia is there at least, because most prize dragons are stated there with their codes. Even the dragons that have something special (like Amazon_warrior's catching, one dragon's name being changed repeatedly for several reasons, etc). Many of the codes are known and displayed on the wiki. Many people want to have offspring of those specific lineages.

And yes, at some point the shimmers and tinsels might no longer be the prizes for the raffle, but there will be other prizes. The raffle's still there, the events are still happening, the only thing that's being changed is the prize itself. I don't see how that changes the raffle itself.

With this system we'd give even more spriters the chance to sprite prizes, we might have more types (I've seen several people stating they'd love to see pygmies and other types!)..........

Also, just to be clear, I personally see this part of the base still as a part of the total combo suggestion instead of a possible solution on its own.

I think it could come in handy to make a few things clear. This topic has been started per TJ's request because he wants every base of the combo suggestion be discussed separately.

The dull variant was added to the combo suggestion, as were a lot of other things.

The release of the prize dragons in-cave was suggested because it would, perhaps, solve a few things:

- After 4 years/raffles other players would be able to get CB prizes as well

- The trading market would have a chance to balance out, sorta speak,

- We could get more varieties of prize dragons, like pygmies, drakes, etc.

- other reasons like mentioned in the OP.

This suggestion was ABSOLUTELY NOT made to change the way the raffle itself works. We're still going on the assumption of prizewinners selected randomly from the participants of the event. It's still a raffle. ONLY the prizes changes according to the schedule in the OP. There is NO other changes proposed to the raffle and event itself.

As for prizes no longer being prizes, of course they still are prizes! Like I said in the original thread, the prize winners will always be remembers, for as long as the wikia is there at least, because most prize dragons are stated there with their codes. Even the dragons that have something special (like Amazon_warrior's catching, one dragon's name being changed repeatedly for several reasons, etc). Many of the codes are known and displayed on the wiki. Many people want to have offspring of those specific lineages.

And yes, at some point the shimmers and tinsels might no longer be the prizes for the raffle, but there will be other prizes. The raffle's still there, the events are still happening, the only thing that's being changed is the prize itself. I don't see how that changes the raffle itself.

With this system we'd give even more spriters the chance to sprite prizes, we might have more types (I've seen several people stating they'd love to see pygmies and other types!)..........

Also, just to be clear, I personally see this part of the base still as a part of the total combo suggestion instead of a possible solution on its own.

I think that there should be an in cave relase even if there won't be add other type of dragons as prizes. Why?

After 10 years with the same prize the last winners could ask if they are still unique prizes if there are already more than 200+ among users.

If recolor the name of original prize isn't enought to make them still precious we could give them something else than those who will be relased will not have.

What about if Prizes Tinsel/Shimer from any Raffle can have a BSA? For example they could breed twice per week or (related to the event that they have been prize for) they could reopen the users' game.

If I win a shimmer in 2013 I will be able to reopen my snow fort and change anything from it thanks to the shimmer that I have won.

If I take a Shimmer from Biomes it couldn't do that.

It's just a little suggest, not aspecting so much support.

I still can read the TJ's post like: This will be a great Prize since it hasn't been relased before! You will get this prize as CB before than anyone else!

He have never said they cannot be CB for the other users, too. That's why I still think that they are Prize dragon only as nickname.

They are Shimmer and Tinsel, normal dragons that everybody should have as CB, since the Prize is having them before anyone else.

I think that maybe there should be a pool. unsure.gif

unpopular opinion time ;u;

I have to admit, I'm against releasing them incave the way they are (I support the coal arient though!). But I probably sound very biased considering.....

In all seriousness though, they are prizes. I've seen a ton of games do it, so its not like DC did something completely out fo the ordinary. DC is still very unique without its "currency" and "rl money dragons". I just feel that the prizes should be elft as prizes - but have them still continue to be released through other raffles. Then they won't die out - a new CB group will come every year.

I do not intend to sound greedy at all - I just prefer that they were not released in cave. Leave them as prizes - that was their intention.

Now please don't hate me ;u; Feel free to tear apart my post though.

I already have every dragons sprite that I can get. In fact, I've got 16+ of almost every species that can be gotten. I've passed on two CB Silvers, because I've reached my goal of having 16 CBs and no longer want any more of a sprite I'm not a fan of. Despite it being "rare". The only reason I'm still playing this game is lineages. That, to me, makes each dragon DIFFERENT. And hence why I still have things to collect.

A lot of people are ambivalent about this idea, because it can be argued either way. However, your comment about "its not like the sprite is unobtainable" is what I object to. tongue.gif You are telling me HOW to play the game, that my view on lineages being extremely important is wrong. Without access to CBs, or at least to 2nd gens, I can't form most even gen lineages. The even gen lineages are the only ones, to me, that hold any challenge, and are the only ones I've really any desire to create anymore. So even gen lineages are one of the biggest reasons I'm still playing the game.

The Prize sprites are shiny and special and metallic. Had there only been ONE prize sprite, I doubt we'd be having this conversation, or at least, it wouldn't be nearly so big a deal. But its not one, its SIX. Six sprites, that the vast majority of people don't have access to in low gen varieties. SIX. There are, count em, two other metallic rares: Golds and Silvers. Ok, and I'll throw in Coppers too, for three more, bring the total of "available in 2nd gen" metallics to 5, and the number of "almost never available 2nd gen metallics" to 6.

That means that OVER HALF of the metallics in the cave are NOT USABLE for even gen lineages. Over HALF. In order to create an even gen lineage, either someone has to have already started said lineage or you have to be able to get 2nd gens, or at least, access to someone who has the 2nd gens and is willing to breed a 3rd gen even for you. When said 2nd gen owners can be found with the right dragons, I've had good luck. Mostly? Its nearly impossible to get them.

And depending on your point of view.... Silvers aren't flashy and have serious anatomy flaws (and they just look old and out-dated), and Coppers are pretty but again, not shiny. So of the in-cave shinies, only the Golds can be considered really flashy. Golds and the 6 Prize sprites. Or put another way..... Only 1 of 7 can be used in even gen lineages.

The Hollies are just one sprite. Just one. Out of, count em, seven Holiday breeds, plus the Valentine and Halloween breeds. And they can only be gotten once a year, and only the Hollies are hard to get in 2nd gen versions (and getting easier to get, to boot). So, for all but two or three weeks, they have a negligible effect on trading.

Cheers!

C4.