Sheriziya

ANSWERED:Release of Prize dragons in-cave

Except at least one prize owner posted in the previous thread that they most deffinitally DID mind. It was Gold Epica's owner, Lorimmel. I'd like to hear from more Prize owners. And I'd also like to hear from TJ on if there's a good chance of getting more prize breeds.

Because if eventually tinsels and shimmers get retired... then that means they will slowly go extinct in the low gen version. Just like Hollies almost did.

Cheers!

C4.

Now, one year later, I wouldn't mind it so much.

But still, I would really prefer if these suggestions were implemented instead, as a way of making tinsels and shimmers available to everybody:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=165845

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=165916

They would remain "prizes", they would be available to everyone, and people with slow connection would avoid the frustration of hunting for them.

thanks for your comment Lorimmel. I think that even a CB silver tinsel owner has stated his agreement for this suggestion, but I don't remember who.

However I would like to point out that relasing prizes in cave won't stop anyone to ask them as prizes with raffle. This suggestion has been originally created in order to do more raffle and having them in cave at the same time, so if you have slow connection this won't prevent you to win one anyway.

If prizes wouldn't have been entroduced some years ago probably regular Gold, Silver and Copper would be used instead of bronze, silver and gold prizes.

Please don't get me wrong Naruhina, I will NOT object to prizes being released in biomes.

And you are very right about golds, silvers and coppers. Please let me explain:

I think we need some system that is based on effort / loyalty / regularity - whatever we call this.

We already have the biomes, which are based on good connection, good reflexes and patience to hit F5 for an hour or two instead of doing something else.

We already have a raffle that is based on dumb luck. (And here I would like to add: personally, I really dislike any system that is based on dumb luck. I won my tinsel in a contest that was effort-based and maybe a little creativity-based. It had nothing to do with luck.) But some people seem to like the raffle, so yes, keep it going. Just give us other possibilites.

What we don't have is a system that would favor loyal, regular players, people who come here every day, people who are active, and don't necessarily have good connections / good reflexes / patience to hit F5 for an hour a day. And I think we need such a system to be created. Any game should favor loyal, regular players, while giving every newbie a chance to become one at some point.

Again, I personally don't like this idea. They were made prizes and exclusives for a reason. I would like it to stay that way. Some new forms of 'erning' them are popping up which I much more favor for not only keeping them rare and exclusive but still obtainable through enough effort and dedication. Even if these are not implemented, I don't want to see them in cave. It defeats their purpose, makes the whole reason of their creation moot, and just kind of ruins it.

Keep in mind, I don't meen value in terms of 'Prizes are worth so many rares' or trade value in terms of 'Gen 2's will have me drowning in rares' (Which I have already pointed out is not completely true. Those offering an insane amount of rares for a gen 2 are acting like one would flail frantically to hail a cab. The more enticing the offer the more noticable. When it comes down to it, the less people have to offer the better.) I just mean in terms of personal or I guess percieved value. The value they were given when they were offered as prizes and prizes only.

I mean if we're gonna try and get prizes in cave because they are unobtainable other than the raffle, might as well ask for CB Hybrids to have a rare chance of dropping in the cave as well along with frills. Frills and CB Hybrids are Placement and HM prizes so heck, lets toss those in there as well. Might as well ruin it all in one go instead of only one part of it (Save for frill return. I mean, frills really do need to come back).

What we don't have is a system that would favor loyal, regular players, people who come here every day, people who are active, and don't necessarily have good connections / good reflexes / patience to hit F5 for an hour a day. And I think we need such a system to be created. Any game should favor loyal, regular players, while giving every newbie a chance to become one at some point.

I must agree with everything you said. And I'm hopeful, reading so many threads, that TJ will consider/is already considering something similar.

By the way, I've been looking for a suggestion relative to earning prizes that would reward activity (e.g. as in collecting/raising/whatever) while respecting different playing styles.

Edit: No, not trying to favor veterans vs newbies :-) I'm suggesting starting from scratch or at least from the moment the mechanism/system is implemented.

Edited by _Sin_

After years of raffling the prizes, it would be a big slap to the face of the winners to just go "oh well, time to release them in cave.". I'm in favor of making the prizes more accessible in some way, but this is a no-go for me :/

I must agree with everything you said. And I'm hopeful, reading so many threads, that TJ will consider/is already considering something similar.

By the way, I've been looking for a suggestion relative to earning prizes that would reward activity (e.g. as in collecting/raising/whatever) while respecting different playing styles.

Edit: No, not trying to favor veterans vs newbies :-) I'm suggesting starting from scratch or at least from the moment the mechanism/system is implemented.

I don't get why everything needs to "start from scratch." At the point at which a system rewarding players at a certain age is implemented, new players from that point on will eventually become "old players" and get the reward before "new players" who join while they're old. Since it's going to happen anyway, why do current old players have to be told "lol sorry, all the work you've already done doesn't count" and get everything scrapped? The encyclopedia was awful enough, but at least it (sort of) had a reason...

I personally don't need to be rewarded for my own decisions. And it's not the site owners problem if people have lousy computers or slow connections. We get 'favored' when TJ and his artists put in their time, work and effort to bring us cool, fun holiday events and new dragons, as do most sites. For me, it's enough.

Not happening,

EVER

I hope you're right.

I'm suggesting starting from scratch or at least from the moment the mechanism/system is implemented.

lol Good one.

Edited by MedievalMystic

You are favoring the newbies by starting from scratch, by effectively telling the veterans "LOL, you did all of that in the last 5 years? I'll go ahead and NOT count it", which is basically a big " censorkip.gif you" to everyone involved.

I agree with ADP. The encyclopedia "reboot" is bad enough. Veterans, or at least in my personal case, don't nearly have the motivation to play GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL when the same things to be caught are already sitting on their god damn scrolls, just not counted because god-know-what-reason.

Edited by CNR4806