Sheriziya

ANSWERED:Release of Prize dragons in-cave

While i understand that the Tinsels at least (I can't recall what the word is on Shimmers; I recall the spriter disapproving but I could be wrong) have been vetoed for this suggestion, perhaps if any future prizes are introduced they should be given this treatment? I like the idea of getting new Prize breeds, but if they'd worsen the stranglehold on the trade market without this then no new breeds is better than making it worse.

I also agree with the idea of small, more frequent raffles, although certainly not on a monthly basis.

I probably could get oodles of vampires.

Um, all you'd have to do is ask... (has a nice selection of vampires sitting around hungry)

As for this suggestion, I posted before that I was not in favor. I'm still not in favor. Releasing tinsels (for example) into the cave and then having a new prize dragon given out would accomplish exactly nothing. Sure, if you were seriously lucky enough to catch a cb tinsel in the cave you could do some lineage building with it, but the fervor for prize 2nd gens would just transfer to the new prize dragon and you can bet that most of the cb tinsels would be caught by the fast fingers people and uber traders, who would hold onto those cb tinsels trying to get trades for the newest prize. You'd have changed exactly nothing except to change the name of the dragon everyone is desperate to get and can't make lineages with.

While i understand that the Tinsels at least (I can't recall what the word is on Shimmers; I recall the spriter disapproving but I could be wrong) have been vetoed for this suggestion, perhaps if any future prizes are introduced they should be given this treatment? I like the idea of getting new Prize breeds, but if they'd worsen the stranglehold on the trade market without this then no new breeds is better than making it worse.

I also agree with the idea of small, more frequent raffles, although certainly not on a monthly basis.

Hmmm, that's a thought. Care would need to be taken to make sure the CB Tinsel / Shimmer population keeps increasing as well, though--some breeds (Gold Tinsels in particular) are nearly extinct at the CB level at this point.

The thought of monthly raffles that all active users can be in, without an announcement (so on a certain predetermined day each month that month's winners would be awarded, without any news post), isn't so bad. Out of sight, out of mind--increases the Prize population without instantly and obviously making people look for new winners, too.

Where that is true, that a person can offer CB golds and silvers in desperation to get the 2G gen egg. The prize owner can always be graceful and decline such an extravagant offer. No one is forcing the winners to accept them.

I see no problem in occasionally using them to obtain what is desired, a couple golds, a couple silvers, and a few neglecteds... but where my heart would lie - vampires. I probably could get oodles of vampires.

But there will be those who take advantage of others because of "some poor guy who will do anything"

I as for releasing the dragon in cave - I am not sure how I sit with that. Fun or Frustrating. I mean I have been here since 2009 and I have yet to catch a CB Gold. I have caught Silvers and never a gold. My connection is not the best and currently my mouse is failing and I have other repairs that take priority.

I really do not see that they in themselves should be released, but maybe a newly coloured rare. maybe like "Platinum" and on the same level or rare - or harder than golds.

IF playing as I want existed in the manner you describe, then theoretically Freezing limits should be removed and AP trading re-enabled. Because in that way, I can snipe what I want and freeze hatchlings until my hair falls out. Because those two restrictions did truly interfere with my play style.

If playing as I like exists for others, then Golds should be as plentiful spitfires.

The reasons for the restrictions set was to make gameplay a bit more challenging and fun. I had to adapt to the changes and find other ways to play the game.

You are free to play as you want based on how you can work with the restrictions as laid out by the site. That statement does not mean the website creator has to bend over backwards to alter the site per whim of the individual user or group of users.

Simply put: learn to work with what you have and can reasonably obtain.

I totally agree with you. The fact is that CB shimmer and tinsel and maybe the new 2015 prize dragons can't be reasonably obtained in any way. Your winning chance is too low to be considered.

So what's the point? Give me a real challenge and put them in cave to be hunt, like gold, silver and copper! That's a challenge that everyone could try. We don't have it right now.

You are free to play as you want based on how you can work with the restrictions as laid out by the site. That statement does not mean the website creator has to bend over backwards to alter the site per whim of the individual user or group of users.

Amen to that.

Hmmm, that's a thought. Care would need to be taken to make sure the CB Tinsel / Shimmer population keeps increasing as well, though--some breeds (Gold Tinsels in particular) are nearly extinct at the CB level at this point.

The thought of monthly raffles that all active users can be in, without an announcement (so on a certain predetermined day each month that month's winners would be awarded, without any news post), isn't so bad. Out of sight, out of mind--increases the Prize population without instantly and obviously making people look for new winners, too.

Absolutely. Tins and Shimmers should always have a place in the raffles since the spriters don't want this applied to them, so while I'm not sure how they'd be impacted by this, they shouldn't be removed from the raffles wholesale because of how small the active breeding populations are.

I honestly I'm only ambivalent about monthly raffles because i don't know how automated the process is. If it would take away from frequent releases I'm more against than for it, but if not then I think it's a good plan.

If there was a like button I would be mashing it till my fingers bled. THIS SO MUCH!

Sums up my feelings entirely. I don't care how big of a forum group you have that is disgruntled because they don't have everything they want in CB form. There are plenty of users on the site who don't even care about the forum, For good reason too I believe, watching the drama that unfolds on a daily basis is enough to make my stomach turn sometimes.

DC has not suffered in popularity at all, from what I have seen, despite the fact that we have prize breeds, the raffle, limited holiday dragons, alt sweetlings, different snow angel wings, and all the rest that the against exclusive club screams should not exist. Flight rising has plenty of exclusives too and yet each time they have a open registration they get so packed with users wanting to join that the site struggles to keep up. PLENTY of sites have exclusives and yet hey people still join those.

Heck you can collect almost ALL the sprites on DC right now excluding bright pinks, frills, and spriter alts. Even those you can obtain in lineages if you so choose. You large camp screaming that lineages are part of the game now and it says that in the site description, I don't disagree with you. But you can put all those breeds in your lineages whether they are CB or not. You also have hundreds of combinations the site gives you to work on. Why do you have to have specific ones. Why can't you be content with what has already been given which imo is more then enough.

Everyone plays this game differently as well. There are people who hate the trade forum because they want to keep every dragon they breed. There are those who do not care for lineages. Why is your play style more important then anyone elses? Why does the site have to cater to you and you alone? If you guys get CB everything then what if someone wants a way to block lineages from showing up on ANY of their dragons? But I bet if I requested that I'd get so many flaming posts disagreeing by lineage builders that it wouldn't be funny despite that being perhaps their preferred play style. Why is your play style more important that anyone elses?

Right now DC caters a bit to everyone. There are boundaries sure but every site has boundaries. Why is it so hard to respect those boundaries?

For a long time those like you who didn't care about lineages claimed that the game's purpose was ONLY to catch and raise dragons to adulthood, nothing more than this.

We have an official explanation now of what we should be able to do and if the site says that I can: "build the lineage I want" and I'm feeling that this is not completely true and it could be easily solved I think I can express my thoughts. You're basically asking me to be satisfy, but I prefer to be coherent and express my feelings.

Lineages are part of the game, stop. It's not a random game style that could affect a single user. Since it's official I should be entitled to follow it or not, that's the only choice I have. It's not that how I'm playing DC is more important than other's, but since it's the game itself who's telling me to build lineages I feel the right to be upset if I can't >.<

For a long time those like you who didn't care about lineages claimed that the game's purpose was ONLY to catch and raise dragons to adulthood, nothing more than this.

We have an official explanation now of what we should be able to do and if the site says that I can: "build the lineage I want" and I'm feeling that this is not completely true and it could be easily solved I think I can express my thoughts. You're basically asking me to be satisfy, but I prefer to be coherent and express my feelings.

Lineages are part of the game, stop. It's not a random game style that could affect a single user. Since it's official I should be entitled to follow it or not, that's the only choice I have. It's not that how I'm playing DC is more important than other's, but since it's the game itself who's telling me to build lineages I feel the right to be upset if I can't >.<

Lol you are lumping me in with users who do not care to build lineages? I build lineages. http://dragcave.net/lineage/be31K It took me seven years to build this. Around three to build this http://dragcave.net/lineage/iSey5 and much creativity to build this http://dragcave.net/lineage/HO4p1

The difference is that I choose to be happy with the limits the site has given me. I don't really care if I don't have CBs of everything including prizes. There are creative ways to work around those limits or I can choose to breed something else. That's the only difference. I have never claimed the game's purpose was ONLY to catch and raise dragons to adulthood ever in all my DC years. So please do not lump me in that category when A.) you know nothing about me and B.) Those words have never been typed by these fingers. smile.gif

I'm not saying you should be bared from expressing your feelings either. I am merely stating that I happen to disagree with you. There are so many users on this site that feel like you do. That their play style is somehow being repressed. You are not the only one. No ones play style is more important that yours but nor is yours more important then theirs.

All I am saying is that DC tries to make a way for all users to play the way they want within boundaries. And I think they do a dang good job of that. What I can't fathom is why people can't just respect those boundaries. Everyone has boundaries in the game. Not just lineage builders. We are no more repressed then anyone else.

The difference is that I choose to be happy with the limits the site has given me.

YES ! This is the crux of it all.

We can CHOOSE to be happy with what we have or we can make ourselves wretched hankering after that which we do not have. I would LOVE to create a hollyful lineage like that. It took me quite a while (and a degree of signature begging) to build this

http://dragcave.net/lineage/guffg

As for my holiday white thing - I have just realised that I shall have to wait till AT LEAST October before I can add to it at all as I gather this year's Valentine's are due to be female. Anything with seasonals takes for ever. It isn't just longed for shimmers that hold things up.

A song from a Magic Roundabout movie comes to mind

Be content with what you've got.

What you've got is quite a lot.

It is, it really is. Why CHOOSE (it IS a choice) to make yourself miserable ?

We can CHOOSE to be happy with what we have or we can make ourselves wretched hankering after that which we do not have. I would LOVE to create a hollyful lineage like that. It took me quite a while (and a degree of signature begging) to build this

http://dragcave.net/lineage/guffg

Wow, that's an awesome lineage!

Anyway, I understand your point. We can choose to be happy, we can choose to make ourselves miserable about what we do not have. In life, in general, I choose a 3rd option. I try to do my best to change the situation so I or others can have what we do not have. Yet. And within certain limits. I'm a strong believer on slow but steady improvement.

Wow, that's an awesome lineage!

Anyway, I understand your point. We can choose to be happy, we can choose to make ourselves miserable about what we do not have. In life, in general, I choose a 3rd option. I try to do my best to change the situation so I or others can have what we do not have. Yet. And within certain limits. I'm a strong believer on slow but steady improvement.

Oh sure - I agree - but why make oneself unnecessarily grouchy while working on it all ?

Meanwhile - you wait till you see my white x holidays thing xd.png When IT hits 8th gen it will be WONDERFUL.

So many pretty lineages. <3

My two cents... Tinsels and Shimmers behave like all other regular dragons - they're not Holidays which are only obtainable during a brief period of time or Unbreedables which don't produce offspring at all. Save from being different in the way people come to own them there is nothing that separates them from every other dragon. And if they share the exact same behavior like every other in-Cave breed, then they could also be treated like regulars dragons and that could potentially make them obtainable in Cave.

Yes, these dragons are exclusive now, but would it bring any harm to the game if people would be given a chance to hunt for them after their period of exclusiveness passes and a new CB Prize is introduced to take its place? I'm very happy they lifted the limits off Christmas dragons, this way we can create wondrous lineages, something that we weren't able to do before. It would be great if Prizes could get some of the same love. I know for sure it wouldn't be a game-breaker if the system remained as it is and personally, I'm happy to continue creating pretty lineages with dragons that are available to me. <3 But it would be nice to have new things to strive for other than obtaining currency/low gen Prizes so that you can offer something people are actually interested in trading in order to get dragons for my projects. tongue.gif

Edited by stagazer_7

At this stage, I'm honestly torn.

On one hand, I believe that the meaning of the "prize" in raffle is that you get an exclusive CB dragon that only fellow winners can get their hands on.

On the other, stripping that exclusivity at some point is most likely the only cure to the abomination that prize dragons have became on the trade market. Hell, we might actually be able to retire the entire raffle system without major consequences if we do this.

Edited by CNR4806

Oh sure - I agree - but why make oneself unnecessarily grouchy while working on it all ?

Meanwhile - you wait till you see my white x holidays thing xd.png When IT hits 8th gen it will be WONDERFUL.

It takes a lot to make my grouchy. A couple of people at work, a couple of family members. But DC doesn't. Usually I get appalled at some behaviors but that's nothing a nice glass of wine can't cure.

And I would love to see your white/holidays when it hits 8th gen.

I have never claimed the game's purpose was ONLY to catch and raise dragons to adulthood ever in all my DC years. So please do not lump me in that category when A.) you know nothing about me and B.) Those words have never been typed by these fingers.

And I've never said that you're one of them, I've stated that you don't care about lineages. I may have be wrong, but that's how you looked like to me. Yes, you've been really good at building those lines, but this doesn't change that you're fine with not creating Even gens with shimmer, so you don't care at least to build a particular type of lineages.

You're good as you are right now, nice for you! I'm happy for you! Now please tell me how this suggestion who has been proposed would effect your gameplay besides making more people happy.

I'm not saying you should be bared from expressing your feelings either.

You asked me Why can't you be content with what has already been given which imo is more then enough. so I suppose that for you I must be totally satisfied by what we have and because of that I shouldn't even propose something new since everything in this game is so perfect and untouchable.

All I am saying is that DC tries to make a way for all users to play the way they want within boundaries. And I think they do a dang good job of that. What I can't fathom is why people can't just respect those boundaries. Everyone has boundaries in the game. Not just lineage builders. We are no more repressed then anyone else

Yes, after all I think hat DC is still a good game for how it handles it, even if it has some minor issues. However since as I said the itself site proclaims lineages as a part of the game itself I aspect to be able to do them with dragons who can actually be used to breed eggs. I just think that it's missing a piece.

Edited by Naruhina_94

Yes, these dragons are exclusive now, but would it bring any harm to the game if people would be given a chance to hunt for them after their period of exclusiveness passes and a new CB Prize is introduced to take its place?

Why? So people can turn their backs on tinsels and shimmers and run screaming after whatever the new prize is? That is what would happen...you exchange one for the other, and the base "problem" is still there. Just has a new face.

Why? So people can turn their backs on tinsels and shimmers and run screaming after whatever the new prize is? That is what would happen...you exchange one for the other, and the base "problem" is still there. Just has a new face.

blink.gif

I really disagree with you. If I knew that shimmer and tinsel would have been avaliable in cave after 3 years I wouldn't even try to sell my sell for a 2nd gen, but I would patiently wait to have the chance to get a CB, while trading for higher gens to have the sprite.

There will always be people who wants 2nd gen the day after the raffle, but this is a good for the prize owner, who can trade for good stuff their 2nd gens.

There would be less pressure and demand (but still an high demand) and prices for low gens would be lowered to fair trades. I really don't see what you're talking about.

I would use my CB shimmer caught in cave to FINALLY breed it with all the mates who makes amazing lineages. Not trade it at all o.O Not the first one.

It could happen to gift even CB metals, as I already did.

Why? So people can turn their backs on tinsels and shimmers and run screaming after whatever the new prize is? That is what would happen...you exchange one for the other,  and the base "problem" is still there. Just has a new face.

HAVE: 4 CB Shimmers, CB ND

WANT: 2G Prize!!!

wink.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

blink.gif

I really disagree with you. If I knew that shimmer and tinsel would have been avaliable in cave after 3 years I wouldn't even try to sell my sell for a 2nd gen, but I would patiently wait to have the chance to get a CB, while trading for higher gens to have the sprite.

There will always be people who wants 2nd gen the day after the raffle, but this is a good for the prize owner, who can trade for good stuff their 2nd gens.

There would be less pressure and demand (but still an high demand) and prices for low gens would be lowered to fair trades. I really don't see what you're talking about.

I would use my CB shimmer caught in cave to FINALLY breed it with all the mates who makes amazing lineages. Not trade it at all o.O Not the first one.

It could happen to gift even CB metals, as I already did.

I am not necessarily talking about you. I was referring to the game as a whole. It took very little time for the focus of rare trades to shift from metals to tinsels after the first raffle. And Amazon's post is exactly what we would see with a new prize dragon.

HAVE: 4 CB Shimmers, CB ND

WANT: 2G Prize!!!

wink.gif

hahah! Why should I require a 2nd gen shimmer if I have a CB shimmer? Only if I want to have a 2nd gen from original Shimmers. That's a positive thing so actual CB prize's owners will still have a strong (but not iper-mega-ultra strong) trade power!

This makes both CB original prizes owners and normal users happy!

It's like saying that in a DC with no prize dragons if you catch a CB gold you will ONLY require a 2nd gen gold. It makes no sense to me xd.png

hahah! Why should I require a 2nd gen shimmer if I have a CB shimmer? Only if I want to have a 2nd gen from original Shimmers. That's a positive thing so actual CB prize's owners will still have a strong (but not iper-mega-ultra strong) trade power!

It's like saying that in a DC with no prize dragons if you catch a CB gold you will ONLY require a 2nd gen gold. It makes no sense to me xd.png

That was referring to a "new" prize if that should ever happen.

*face palm*

Ok, this clearly needs explaining to you in plainer terms.

If CB Shimmers and Tinsels were released in the Cave, there would be one (or several) entirely new replacement prizes to be collected - I cannot imagine Tins and Shims remaining as Raffle prizes in that case. And what I posted is exactly what you would see on the trade threads. Along with more threads about how it's not fair that CB Shim and Tin trades are all caught up in hopeful trades for offspring of those new prizes, it's not fair, people won't trade them for manageable prices like multiple CB hatchies or nice lineages... any of this sound at all familiar? The more things change, the more they stay the same....

Edited by Amazon_warrior

As for this suggestion, I posted before that I was not in favor. I'm still not in favor. Releasing tinsels (for example) into the cave and then having a new prize dragon given out would accomplish exactly nothing. Sure, if you were seriously lucky enough to catch a cb tinsel in the cave you could do some lineage building with it, but the fervor for prize 2nd gens would just transfer to the new prize dragon and you can bet that most of the cb tinsels would be caught by the fast fingers people and uber traders, who would hold onto those cb tinsels trying to get trades for the newest prize. You'd have changed exactly nothing except to change the name of the dragon everyone is desperate to get and can't make lineages with.

Just quoting myself here because I'm saying essentially the same thing as Amazon_warrior.

If you release Tinsels to the cave and introduce a new prize dragon, then all that will happen is all the Tinsels caught will be used to try to trade for 2nd gens of the newest prize dragons. You aren't solving anything with this approach, just shifting to new breeds.

And if you people think the majority of the cave caught Tinsels won't end up on the trade threads in the hands of people who now handle most of the CB golds, maybe you want to reconsider. You're just switching to a different rare that you can't catch.

I think there are other, better solutions to the problem that currently exists.

On the other, stripping that exclusivity at some point is most likely the only cure to the abomination that prize dragons have became on the trade market. Hell, we might actually be able to retire the entire raffle system without major consequences if we do this.

I would rather say: "partially stripping that exclusivity". Why the exlusivity of Prize dragons is always defined only by their CB status? As far as I know, they:

1. ...are the very first dragons of their kind.

2. ...are prizes that had been won in the raffle.

3. ...often have unique codes chosen by winners.

Release won't change that. "Original" Prize dragons would still be considered special and - in a way - exclusive, and I'm sure that many players would still be willing to trade for their offsprings, like for offsprings of Thuweds, Dorkfaces or spriters' alts. Not to mention that for a few years, they would be totally exclusive, like they are now.