Sheriziya

ANSWERED:Release of Prize dragons in-cave

We can at least minimise the options for any more genies getting OUT smile.gif

Indeed, if the situation as it is continues, with more new Prizes Released every 2 years, the problems would worsen...

Indeed, if the situation as it is continues, with more new Prizes Released every 2 years, the problems would worsen...

Which is why - if they are not to be released in cave, as I hope they won't so as not to start a NEW drama, they should remain as the two "top" prizes for EVAH !

Which is why - if they are not to be released in cave, as I hope they won't so as not to start a NEW drama, they should remain as the two "top" prizes for EVAH !

Well, with one of the spriters objecting to the Cave Release of Tinsels, that sounds unlikely, and my personal preference would be against it, partly on those grounds.

But I also do like the concept of the Raffles, the manner of distribution, the fun of the Events - just wish they'd bred better to begin with, which would have reduced the potential for the problems we see resulting...

Personally, I have to admit that under different circumstances, I would like to see some new Prizes awarded every few years or so, although as matters currently stand I think that would be a disaster.

And I do think that more CB Prizes ought to be awarded annually, to get at least some increase in the tiny (and attrition-prone) breeding pool relative to the number of members, although with a better breeding rate, I think fewer owners might be likely to give up on DC.

I believe it was Olympe who suggested that 60 of each Prize sprite type be awarded every year, with new Prizes every two years - but at the least, this would have to be with significantly increased Prize dragon breeding rates and multiclutches, which I'd personally like to see, as per the suggestion, maxed potentially in the CB Prizes so magically appearing on winner's scrolls, with the magic wearing off by one potential egg down per descending gen through the first few gens, although clearly not everyone agrees with the latter, lol, and often in many different ways.

(And maybe then my 2nd gen would spit out the odd Tinsel for a change, lol.)

But even then, as much as I'd like to see new sprites from time to time, dunno...

Glad I'm not TJ - there's not one of us on site that can entirely agree on everything, lol, which is par for the course, but at least we get to discuss this, and hopefully he'll sort out some improvement which will at least help reduce these issues.

Since the topic came up on another thread and SockPuppet Strangler reminded us that separate suggestions should be on separate threads, I'm bumping this.

Since the topic came up on another thread and SockPuppet Strangler reminded us that separate suggestions should be on separate threads, I'm bumping this.

I'm grateful you're bumping it, I truly love this suggestion. Relase prize dragons in cave is the easiest way to change the sick trade market we have right now and restore equality. Rare dragons should be avaliable by efforts and minor by luck, not vice-versa. Right now if I win a prize then I will have free CB metals and 2nd gen unique dragons lifetime because there will always be some poor guy who will do anything to have a 2nd gen of mine.

Try to imagine if normal CB golds would have be given as prizes instead of shimmer and tinsel. Would have people complained that they weren't pretty and adorable gifts from TJ? I don't think so. A lot of people would have been enthusiastic of a CB gold like gift, even if it would be already available in cave. I think we should stop to think about Shimmer and Tinsel as exclusive money-printers for a minority of the users, aka untouchable awards. Even if there are some kind CB shimmer/tinsel's owners who make fair trades they will never be able to satisfy everyone and I feel sorry for them to be harassed. However I'm not sorry for them if I see that the only thing they care is to keep privileges over others. I wish Dragon Cave could be played "alone" and interaction with other users would be just a nice OPTION.

Meh. I still much prefer awarding a lot more CB Prizes and keeping the same two Prizes forever to releasing Prizes into the Cave, even though I'd love to collect one.

Cheers!

C4.

Meh. I still much prefer awarding a lot more CB Prizes and keeping the same two Prizes forever to releasing Prizes into the Cave, even though I'd love to collect one.

Cheers!

C4.

This is my preference as well. While I wouldn't weep if the Prizes were eventually released into the cave, I don't support such an action.

Cheers!

C4.

And interesting alternative solution would be to have a small raffle every month and DRASTICALLY increase the number of CB prizes, like if they're relased in cave.

It would be like if every CB gold that would appear in cave per month would be given out in one single day. I don't really like it, but it would keep the "fair selection" trait and it wouldn't depend on fast connection.

TJ said that this won't happen because this would interfere with current shimmer and tinsel ratio. There are a lot of high gen of these breeds and suddenly add more of them as CB would create problems with the ratio.

Many people (me included) wish to see new rares in cave in the future and what's better of those who everyone want but never have the chance to earn?

Finally I think this is the best way to see new prize dragons, new nice and amazing sprites to build lineages with. I would love a Sea Serpent prize <3 an Amphitere or Lindwurm or even a Drake!!! A Drake as prize would drastically increase the number of drakes bred, which I think is smaller than normal dragons because they are selective breeders.

I suggest to those who start reading this suggestion for the first time to read the first page which contains an appropriate explanation of how this would work!

This is the last update of the discussion: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8094665 However it contains the suggestion of relasing a coal version of prizes in cave instead of normal dragons. This suggestion has been shot down by TJ himself here so I suggest to refer only at the OP.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I love everything about OP's idea and give it my full and fondest support.

Personally, I don't think increasing the number of raffle winners would solve anything, unless this number is really large so that practically every player would own a CB Prize, which is highly unlikely to happen (and would, frankly, be kind of lame) - only then do I see the prices for low gen Prizes dropping.

No support. The only people screaming for low gens are lineage builders and yes there are a lot of you but you can still collect all the sprites be they low gen or not. So no support from me. I have zero problem with the way the raffle and anything related to it is handled.

I understood your point of view, but honestly I think that the "lineages matter" thing is aquiring a lot of relevance.

Look at the new homepage of our beloved game:

Welcome to Dragon Cave! Dragon Cave is an online adoptables game. Collect eggs, raise them to adulthood, and then breed them to cre­ate interesting lineages. You’re free to play however you want!

The part I bolded makes clear that lineages ARE part of the game and an objective of it. Leaving things as they are right now will support only a part of the users (aka, those who collect sprite and not lineages). Making CB prizes available for everyone (with proper rules) will hep both sides: those who want to build lineages will be able to do it, while those who don't care about them will play as before. Simple.

Edited by Naruhina_94

Look at the new homepage of our beloved game:

Welcome to Dragon Cave! Dragon Cave is an online adoptables game. Collect eggs, raise them to adulthood, and then breed them to cre­ate interesting lineages. You’re free to play however you want!

Does it also say...or guarantee... on there, or anywhere, that people will be able to make lineages with every single dragon species on the game?

Edited by MedievalMystic

This suggestion has my support. I think that cyclical release of Prize Dragons as rares (or even uber rares) would also help in introducing new Prize breeds.

Try to imagine if normal CB golds would have be given as prizes instead of shimmer and tinsel. Would have people complained that they weren't pretty and adorable gifts from TJ? I don't think so. A lot of people would have been enthusiastic of a CB gold like gift, even if it would be already available in cave. I think we should stop to think about Shimmer and Tinsel as exclusive money-printers for a minority of the users, aka untouchable awards. Even if there are some kind CB shimmer/tinsel's owners who make fair trades they will never be able to satisfy everyone and I feel sorry for them to be harassed. However I'm not sorry for them if I see that the only thing they care is to keep privileges over others. I wish Dragon Cave could be played "alone" and interaction with other users would be just a nice OPTION.

This. Especially the last part about interactions with other users.

No support. The only people screaming for low gens are lineage builders and yes there are a lot of you but you can still collect all the sprites be they low gen or not. So no support from me. I have zero problem with the way the raffle and anything related to it is handled.

I don't support this suggestion, even though I am a lineage builder (I'm obsessed with checkers, but I know the likelihood of my getting a checker built with prizes is pretty much nil - and I'm okay with that). I think a lot of people clamor for low gen Prizes because of their value in the trading market.

ETA that cyradis4 is totally on point in his post below mine.

Edited by LibbyLishly

Does it also say...or guarantee... on there that people will be able to make lineages with every single dragon on the game?

No it doesn't. BUT it also does not say you CAN'T.

And this is one of the VERY FEW sites where almost every single dragon is still available to the general population to use in new lineages / collection. The Holidays (except for the Hollies, the oldest) all have enough CBs in circulation that none of them are in any danger of following the Dodo bird into extinction. Even the Hollies have recovered a lot with the Raffle HMs (though they are still on the Highly Endangered List).

The only dragons that are not easily findable in 2nd gens are CB Prizes and Hollies. The situation is fast improving for Hollies, and so far has improved a little bit for Prizes (but not nearly enough). The fate of the CB Gold Tinsels rests on the heads of a mere 20 people... Half of which don't breed anymore / are unknown.

I still prefer the other possible solutions to this, and yes I've read the whole thread. I read it last year, too. But if they release a new Prize breed and do not release more Shimmers / Tinsels, then this might look a bit more attractive.

Cheers!

C4.

Does it also say...or guarantee... on there, or anywhere, that people will be able to make lineages with every single dragon species on the game?

It's written: You’re free to play however you want! so yes, I could deduct that I can build every lineage I want. Shimmer act as normal dragons with breeding, so I aspect they will be treated normal. This suggestion provides to treat them as exclusives for 3 long years before let anyone approach them. Even if they could be relased they will be rare as Golds. Do you find a CB gold every day? I'm not.

I think they rarity will be handled well.

It's written: You’re free to play however you want!

Sure. But nowhere does it say that you being free to play how you want means you'll be guaranteed a Prize dragon, or it's offspring, simply because that's what you personally want to make a lineage with.

Prize dragons are NOT 'normal' dragons and weren't meant to be that way and should never, imo, be that way.

I'm all for more prizes being handed out, hell, a lot more, but I'll never be for these dragons dropping in the cave, no matter how rare they might be.

Edited by MedievalMystic

And interesting alternative solution would be to have a small raffle every month and DRASTICALLY increase the number of CB prizes, like if they're relased in cave.

Please not every month. There is so much more to do than fret over prizes - and I would FAR rather we get back on with the regular releases of regular dragons.

Also don't support. I would be happy to see an increased number of CB winners, but prize dragons are unique and should remain that way. Releasing them into the Cave kind of ruins that, imo.

I agree with MM. Prize dragons are supposed to be held at a different standard than other dragons. Reducing their status as prizes defeats the entire purpose of them being prizes. I may have caught a CB black back in the day when people were tripping over themselves to get one, but it doesn't mean much now that their rarity status has changed. Stripping prizes of their prize status isn't going to accomplish anything.

More winners, better breeding rate, etc, I'm game for. But this is too much.

Also don't support. I would be happy to see an increased number of CB winners, but prize dragons are unique and should remain that way. Releasing them into the Cave kind of ruins that, imo.

I agree with MM. Prize dragons are supposed to be held at a different standard than other dragons. Reducing their status as prizes defeats the entire purpose of them being prizes. I may have caught a CB black back in the day when people were tripping over themselves to get one, but it doesn't mean much now that their rarity status has changed. Stripping prizes of their prize status isn't going to accomplish anything.

More winners, better breeding rate, etc, I'm game for. But this is too much.

Honestly I care more to see everyone able to play as he/she prefer than leaving a "special aura" to a couple of breeds. You see, if they would have been unbreedables I wouldn't absoluty insist to spread them becuase they wouldn't influence the trade market at all.

I would be happy to see an increased number of CB winners, too, BUT TJ also stated that the current winning pool is fair and he doesn't see why it should be bigger.

There won't probably be more CB prizes relased this year, it will be the same number as before, so this is not an useful suggestion (sigh).

The only alternative that I see is to find another way to introduce them in cave after 3 years after their first appearance (pretty exclusive if compared to every other normal breed) OR making them available through a small game that last all year like cyradis says here.

I also think that the all Prize dragons are supposed to be held at a different standard than other dragons is an user assumption who has never be confirmed by TJ and it's completly reversable. The privilege that a shimmer or tinsel CB brought to you is not the fact you will ever be the only one who posses it, but you've been one of the first who possess it. The actual prize is not the dragon itself, but the fact you've had it before everyone else and you have been able to take advantage from that by trading 2nd gens for rare stuff. I'm tired to see Shimmer and Tinsel trated as unique "because of YES". They are not.

They're a fundamental part of the game, like every other dragon relased, and besides how they're spread among the users they should be available to everyone in the end.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I actually did use to be in favor of this. I really don't support it anymore, and would rather Tins and Shimmers remain as prizes only.

never be confirmed by TJ

Since TJ himself set up the raffle and the Prize dragons as they are, I'd say the way they're meant to be is confirmed.

Edited by MedievalMystic

He never stated it with clear words. He also created christmas holidays to be 2 per scroll and I have 12 Yulebucks right now. This means that if something is wrong with DC he will probably change it if he agree with the suggestion.

This topic could have been closed 1 year ago, but TJ asked to have its own separate topic instead. If every year the "prize dilemma" is brought up it means it's not solved at all.

I bet that if something radical doesn't happen it will appear again the next year and so on.

I'm not one of those user who want to get everything right after it shows in cave, I'm not urged by the desire to have a CB shimmer or tinsel. I just want more equality and the chance to say "uhm... let's see if I find a Shimmer while I'm hunting into the biomes, it would be FUN".

Even if I don't get a shimmer CB in 5 years after it has been relased in cave I would still be happy, because that is how it were supposed to work Dragon Cave, not basing only on luck and kind people to beg.

Right now if I win a prize then I will have free CB metals and 2nd gen unique dragons lifetime because there will always be some poor guy who will do anything to have a 2nd gen of mine.

Edited in:

You’re free to play however you want!

Where that is true, that a person can offer CB golds and silvers in desperation to get the 2G gen egg. The prize owner can always be graceful and decline such an extravagant offer. No one is forcing the winners to accept them.

I see no problem in occasionally using them to obtain what is desired, a couple golds, a couple silvers, and a few neglecteds... but where my heart would lie - vampires. I probably could get oodles of vampires.

But there will be those who take advantage of others because of "some poor guy who will do anything"

I as for releasing the dragon in cave - I am not sure how I sit with that. Fun or Frustrating. I mean I have been here since 2009 and I have yet to catch a CB Gold. I have caught Silvers and never a gold. My connection is not the best and currently my mouse is failing and I have other repairs that take priority.

I really do not see that they in themselves should be released, but maybe a newly coloured rare. maybe like "Platinum" and on the same level or rare - or harder than golds.

IF playing as I want existed in the manner you describe, then theoretically Freezing limits should be removed and AP trading re-enabled. Because in that way, I can snipe what I want and freeze hatchlings until my hair falls out. Because those two restrictions did truly interfere with my play style.

If playing as I like exists for others, then Golds should be as plentiful spitfires.

The reasons for the restrictions set was to make gameplay a bit more challenging and fun. I had to adapt to the changes and find other ways to play the game.

You are free to play as you want based on how you can work with the restrictions as laid out by the site. That statement does not mean the website creator has to bend over backwards to alter the site per whim of the individual user or group of users.

Simply put: learn to work with what you have and can reasonably obtain.

You are free to play as you want based on how you can work with the restrictions as laid out by the site. That statement does not mean the website creator has to bend over backwards to alter the site per whim of the individual user or group of users.

Simply put: learn to work with what you have and can reasonably obtain.

That's perfect.