Sheriziya

ANSWERED:Release of Prize dragons in-cave

Personally I think we can keep them indefinitely as HM's. With 100+ breeds already to choose from a few extra per year doesn't feel overwhelming to me smile.gif

Personally I think we can keep them indefinitely as HM's. With 100+ breeds already to choose from a few extra per year doesn't feel overwhelming to me smile.gif

Yeah, so do you think something like what I posted would work? or we could just simply do what your plan has which would put them as HM sooner. I jst really would like to see them remain as prizes. I personally don;t like the idea of something that was supposed to be won by luck to just be out and about for anyone to nab.

Combining either idea with multi clutching and breeding ratios favoring the amount of prize babies bred, we could have something that could potentially make everyone happy.

Well, I've got the feeling there are more and more people against releasing the Shimmers & Tinsels in the cave, so I'm beginning to think that's not viable.

However, with new prize breeds, the prize would be the alt version, as in gold, silver and bronze are the alts and the normal non-metal color is the breed for the cave. I think that would be viable.

This way, like currently with the holiday dragons and the Alt Sweetlings the prize winners would have the "Yay I won" and the "Yay, I can always show it" feeling since it's rather obvious.

The actual prizes (the alt versions) wouldn't be there for everyone. They would only be obtainable through raffles as either prizes or HM's.

I think that could be a compromise of what winners want/desire (exclusivity and an obvious way to see that the dragon is the actual prize) and something the other participants want (the breed, albeit in a different color).

As for the schedule you proposed, currently we've got 120 CB Tinsels (total) and 120 Shimmers (total). If we'd follow your schedule, we'd get 120 more CB Shimmers with the coming two raffles, while there wouldn't be 120 more CB Tinsels. The amount of Tinsels would be determined by how many HM-winners would choose the Tinsels. I think it wouldn't do good for the market or for the feeling of equality between the two breeds. I think it would be best if we'd have the same CB prize pool for each breed before they go into HM's. Just to avoid another can of wurms sorta speak.

So in the case of the Tinsels & Shimmers we now have the same amounts in the CB Pool, so a new prize breed could be introduced instead of them. And the Shimmers & Tinsels could already go into HM. Or we could go for a bigger CB prize pool per breed and then we'd have to have another year (or two) with Tinsels & Shimmers as prizes before they go to HM's and new breeds can be introduced.

Combining either idea with multi clutching and breeding ratios favoring the amount of prize babies bred, we could have something that could potentially make everyone happy.
Absolutely! I've always seen the Multiclutching and breeding ratios as an integral part of this solution, but ...... Edited by Sheriziya

Well, I've got the feeling there are more and more people against releasing the Shimmers & Tinsels in the cave, so I'm beginning to think that's not viable.

However, with new prize breeds, the prize would be the alt version, as in gold, silver and bronze are the alts and the normal non-metal color is the breed for the cave. I think that would be viable.

This way, like currently with the holiday dragons and the Alt Sweetlings the prize winners would have the "Yay I won" and the  "Yay, I can always show it" feeling since it's rather obvious.

The actual prizes (the alt versions) wouldn't be there for everyone. They would only be obtainable through raffles as either prizes or HM's.

I think that could be a compromise of what winners want/desire (exclusivity and an obvious way to see that the dragon is the actual prize) and something the other participants want (the breed, albeit in a different color).

shimmers and tinsels should not be released in cave. If it had been done on the respective year's they were released it would have been ok, but to do it 'now' it's way too late for that to work out without upsetting a lot of people.

Edited by WraithZephyr

shimmers and tinsels should not be released in cave. If it had been done on the respective year's they were released it would have been ok, but to do it 'now' it's way too late for that to work out without upsetting a lot of people.

More - if it had been announced in the first place that they would be in the end... but as it wasn't... there are already a lot of winners saying that they feel this way.

Hence this new idea from the earlier page.

The big question now is: do we want an equal CB prize pool before we make the prize dragons HM's or do we have a few more years of Shimmer releases together with a new breed while the Tinsels go into HM's.

The alt version is for NEW breeds only.

I'm firmly against the alt version of this; it won't do anything for the fact that there are three variants on the sprite that are completely out of the average lineage player's control, which is what this suggestion was supposed to prevent over the long term in the first place.

If people are so set against Prizes being released into the cave after several years of exclusivity, greatly increase the HM pool, make 1st-3rd prize essentially a mildly limited "pick more dragons from the pool" choice and stop making new Prizes entirely. Which basically goes against the entire purpose of this particular suggestion (i.e. reduce exclusivity and allow for new prize dragons) but is better than this token attempt at placating lineage players that doesn't actually solve the problem.

Guillotine, I do agree with you. It's just.... we're looking for a solution in which a majority of the player base can be happy, both winners and non-winners.

This new idea could satisfy the winners (they still have a dragon color which no one gets), but they can't put a strangle hold on the market as they can't breed true on other scrolls than their own.

And it might satisfy non-winners (a bit, a larger bit? I don't know) because they can still get the breed and don't have to pay an arm-and-leg for it.

As it stands now, the original suggestion in this thread, as I posted it, is something a majority of the winners (and other players) seems deadset against. Even though it might give the possibility for new prize breeds.

Hmmm..... lightbulb idea:

What if..... The tinsels and shimmers become permanent HM's (no release in the cave) and new prize breeds get released according to the idea as originally posted? Winners of Tinsels and Shimmers still have that recognition of being a winner, while with the new breeds there's a change and a release after 4 years?

Could that be a suitable compromise? Granted, the CB prize pool of Tinsels and Shimmers still would be very low (120 for each breed currently), but it might give possibilities too.

Perhaps combined with a time-limited event (a few days or a week or so) of Tinsel/Shimmer release as (semi-)rare dragons in-cave?

/* runs and seeks hiding place behind that big old rockformation in the distance */

Guillotine, I do agree with you. It's just.... we're looking for a solution in which a majority of the player base can be happy, both winners and non-winners.

This new idea could satisfy the winners (they still have a dragon color which no one gets), but they can't put a strangle hold on the market as they can't breed true on other scrolls than their own.

And it might satisfy non-winners (a bit, a larger bit? I don't know) because they can still get the breed and don't have to pay an arm-and-leg for it.

As it stands now, the original suggestion in this thread, as I posted it, is something a majority of the winners (and other players) seems deadset against. Even though it might give the possibility for new prize breeds.

Hmmm..... lightbulb idea:

What if..... The tinsels and shimmers become permanent HM's (no release in the cave) and new prize breeds get released according to the idea as originally posted? Winners of Tinsels and Shimmers still have that recognition of being a winner, while with the new breeds there's a change and a release after 4 years?

Could that be a suitable compromise? Granted, the CB prize pool of Tinsels and Shimmers still would be very low (120 for each breed currently), but it might give possibilities too.

Perhaps combined with a time-limited event (a few days or a week or so) of Tinsel/Shimmer release as (semi-)rare dragons in-cave?

/* runs and seeks hiding place behind that big old rockformation in the distance */

I think that is exactly what is impossible. Sad but true... Non-winners will never be happy till they can get CBs; the winners who feel strongly that prizes should stay exclusive will never be happy with their in-cave release. (Well, OK - as they are in the minority, I suppose in that sense it can work, but otherwise....)

to me the Alts idea are along the same lins as the coal version release, it just feels like a poor attempt at a distraction for the DC community so they don't think about the much better placement prizes the winners got.

we can push my plan one year so that this year into next tinsels remain as placement prizes and a new dragon released next year to give tinsels a little more time to spread. If we can try and convince TJ that we would really like a bit of an increase in how often Prize breed breed prize eggs, then we could be on our way to paving a new path to where more people can get 2nd gens without the hassle of having to wait months, heck even years for one. Multi clutching would be the final bullet to lay this problem to rest because if Prizes do become able to breed prize eggs more often, laying 2-3 more eggs would allow AP hunters to grab one. This should also spread some of the 2nd gen wealth and really would could see a year by year improvement.

Letting previous prize dragons remain HM means even new users have a chance at one if they manage to fall into the HM pool. We could double the HM pool so that with the growing community more and more people have a shot at a prize.

This feels like a much better plan in my opinion.

Just worth it to mention it again:

If there is something you can use longer, and more desirable, in the HM pool, many prize winners will take that instead.

@Ananokimi: Prizes as a whole don't breed badly. Its just that they are so much overbred, that they seem to be less fertile.

Edited by whitebaron

@Ananokimi: Prizes as a whole don't breed badly. Its just that they are so much overbred, that they seem to be less fertile.

Then maybe suggesting that how BSA's have different cool down periods, having prizes have different breeding cool downs to allow them time to breed true more often? People already have to wait a week and a few days if not a few weeks before breeding again if they want to try and breed true. Why not just extend Prize dragon breeding cool down a bit?

What make me sad is another thing. Non-winners are ready to do many things to create a comprimise that allows both sides to be happy, we are talking, thinking about more solution, try to meet artists, users and winners with new and nwe suggestions that showns how original prize dragons and relased ones could still be a lot different, in order to make more balance in the market.

The market is unbalanced by currently prizes, Shimmer and Tinsel, and maintain their alleged exclusivity without relasing new Prize with the same value will increase the power of those few that already have them and decrease the value of the future dragons, which will count as "normal rare dragons" without acquire the prestige they would deserve.

I still think that this exclusivity is something created by an erroneous view by users, as happend for Blusangs. They were difficult to find and immediatly many users thought that they were classified as rare forever, whic are not.

If Winners could work with us to find a solution that allows to find CB more easly Shimmer and Tinsel and make them reasonable satisfied I would appreciate it so much, because so far I've see commitment to make both sides happy just from one side, the non-winners, which are ready to add more value the original Prizes in order to find a solution.

We can discuss about the future relases, but the actual Prizes are the problem and we should focus on them.

Do you want to keep them as HM forever? It's good for me!

Let's give at least 1000 Prizes per year, 300 Bronze tinsel, 300 Bronze Shimmer, 200 Silver Tinsel, 200 Silver Shimmer, 100 Gold Tinsel and 100 Gold Shimmer.

This would be a great Christmas gift for the all the users, those that don't win will still have an huge percentage of winning the next year and not a ridiculous one, but they will still be happy to trade 2nd gens. It will let to be happy even if the same users will have multiple wins, because there are so much Prizes assigned that we could overfly on it. They would still be unique, because you can only obtain them with the raffles, as all the previously winners.

The Prizes consist of one single ****ing dragon, not an entire Trade Market and the possibility of main advantages over other users forever. No one deserves to keep the rarest dragon in a collection game without a valid reason, and a momentary stroke of luck isn't a valid reason, not in a game like DC were everything is based on efforts and perseverance. It could be a nice diversion, something ncie to make more excitation, but it must not damage the others game.

- There shouldn't be an entire breed that depends only by a small amount of dragons.

- There musn't be a small group of users that can controll it.

That's all. Otherwise if CB Dragons are useless we shouldn't need Biomes or Cave, the AP would be enough. I'm close to want that the Prizes become unbreedables and that every dragon generated by them may be erased!

My tone may be altered, but I did not mean to offend anyone. Please have comprehension.

I think the only thing I would like to add to these types of threads is this..the threads have been generated due to the amount of negativity and disappointment this year that was openly expressed as prize winners announced and lack of availability also for the offspring.

A core number of players (in both the winning and non-winning categories) have come to the suggestion threads with the broken down categories surrounding this on the prizes and lack of availability and there are some real admirable efforts here to get a solution.

My biggest concern is the biggest negative commenters or those that seemed to have a extreme bad reaction to not winning, none, not one from what I can see appears to have contributed to these ideas. Whilst I feel it is great we hash it out see if there is a change to be had that will appease all involved - I have a big concern these will never appease those that were disappointed the most and we will just end up exactly at the beginning next year with a raffle for the new year?

I honestly don't think we will please everyone, you might get a significant portion, but I see some of this negativity due to a lack of understanding or appreciation.

I am not great with suggestions so apologies I haven't been able to contribute much, just wanted to voice what seeing. My strongest opinion is I dont want the raffles to end, I love the participation, I love the excitement, yes I had a fleeting disappointment not winning as there is always hope. But I got over it and had fun congratulating those that did win and getting to see the codes and names picked.

I think the only thing I would like to add to these types of threads is this..the threads have been generated due to the amount of negativity and disappointment this year that was openly expressed as prize winners announced and lack of availability also for the offspring.

A core number of players (in both the winning and non-winning categories) have come to the suggestion threads with the broken down categories surrounding this on the prizes and lack of availability and there are some real admirable efforts here to get a solution.

My biggest concern is the biggest negative commenters or those that seemed to have a extreme bad reaction to not winning, none, not one from what I can see appears to have contributed to these ideas. Whilst I feel it is great we hash it out see if there is a change to be had that will appease all involved - I have a big concern these will never appease those that were disappointed the most and we will just end up exactly at the beginning next year with a raffle for the new year?

I honestly don't think we will please everyone, you might get a significant portion, but I see some of this negativity due to a lack of understanding or appreciation.

I am not great with suggestions so apologies I haven't been able to contribute much, just wanted to voice what seeing. My strongest opinion is I dont want the raffles to end, I love the participation, I love the excitement, yes I had a fleeting disappointment not winning as there is always hope. But I got over it and had fun congratulating those that did win and getting to see the codes and names picked.

But this sin't too appease all involved -- it's really the coal suggestion, so it should be taken there? And plus, why would you want to ruin the feeling of the "exclusiveness" of the prize dragons? Personally, I'm not for or against keeping them, I think the way the system set up now is fine, and so what if I don't win? There's always next year.

If Winners could work with us to find a solution that allows to find CB more easly Shimmer and Tinsel and make them reasonable satisfied I would appreciate it so much, because so far I've see commitment to make both sides happy just from one side, the non-winners, which are ready to add more value the original Prizes in order to find a solution.

We can discuss about the future relases, but the actual Prizes are the problem and we should focus on them.

With all due respect...the winners do not owe anything to anyone.

They do not have to find a compromise with anyone.

It shouldn't be the prize winner's problem that you cannot get your prize dragon.

No one deserves to keep the rarest dragon in a collection game without a valid reason, and a momentary stroke of luck isn't a valid reason, not in a game like DC were everything is based on efforts and perseverance.

What would you say if I told you that you don't deserve the Golds you catch in the caves? Or your 2nd-gen Thuwed because all you did was being lucky enough to get on the list in the right time?

Edited by Mondat

My strongest opinion is I dont want the raffles to end, I love the participation, I love the excitement, yes I had a fleeting disappointment not winning as there is always hope. But I got over it and had fun congratulating those that did win and getting to see the codes and names picked.

^^ This I totally agree with smile.gif

I wasn't even hoping on winning. I just had a lot of fun with the snow forts and since I already have (now) all shimmer-scale and tinsel sprites (with a lot of thanks to Velvet_paw for gifting me the Bronze shimmer I was lacking) I didn't mind not winning. I think I was even hoping more for an HM, since I've got this Soulpeace project in the works and a CB Soulpeace would be ideal for that!

Currently I'm looking for mates for all my Shimmers and Tinsels and I have fun doing that. I don't even have any idea for a lineage with Shimmers and Tinsels to start. so.... yeah, you're right smile.gif

Sure, CB prizes in-cave would be great. In fact, I'd love it and that's why I did start this topic when TJ closed the other topic, but like you say, it's not because I was so disappointed I didn't win.

But one of the main reasons why I'd love it, is not only because I'd love the challenge to actually catch them (like with the current in-cave metals), but also because it would mean less pressure on the current prize owners for producing enough off spring to fill "everyone's" wishes, the possibility for newbies to get a nice dragon, the possibility for non-forum users (for whatever reasons they don't use the forums) to get the CB dragons and start lineages with them, etc.

But this sin't too appease all involved

What is not to appease all involved? Cause I can assure you, as the topic starter in this thread, the suggestion we made in the other closed thread and continued in this new thread was exactly to appease all involved, or at least the majority of all involved, including those people who don't have access to the forums, are to shy/unsure to trade for 2nd (and higher) prizes, etc.

Edited by Sheriziya

But this sin't too appease all involved -- it's really the coal suggestion, so it should be taken there? And plus, why would you want to ruin the feeling of the "exclusiveness" of the prize dragons? Personally, I'm not for or against keeping them, I think the way the system set up now is fine, and so what if I don't win? There's always next year.

Really? It is to appease a small number of players? Because suggestion threads are generally started for the population of DC from seeing threads in the past. I actually do agree with you Ashes on a main principle, if nothing changes with how the setup is now I will continue on with it.

I do agree with you Mondat, the prize winners do not owe anything. They were lucky and won something exclusive and as always a huge congrats to them smile.gif There input though is hugely important simply as it is best to get two sides of the coin. Especially as with all these suggested changes quite a few will impact them more directly.

I follow the threads as there are some interesting ideas and opinions about, also good points that have been eye openers.

With all due respect...the winners do not owe anything to anyone.

They do not have to find a compromise with anyone.

It shouldn't be the prize winner's problem that you cannot get your prize dragon.

What would you say if I told you that you don't deserve the Golds you catch in the caves? Or your 2nd-gen Thuwed because all you did was being lucky enough to get on the list in the right time?

I'd say "deserving" has nothing to do with anything.

Except that if you cheated and multiscrolled you would not deserve anything at all at all, and you would "deserve" to have your scroll burned. Anything else - there is no "deserving" in DC.

I think that is exactly what is impossible. Sad but true... Non-winners will never be happy till they can get CBs; the winners who feel strongly that prizes should stay exclusive will never be happy with their in-cave release. (Well, OK - as they are in the minority, I suppose in that sense it can work, but otherwise....)

Hi, fuzzbucket,

as much as I hesitate to disagree with you, I must repeat that the issue creating the biggest problems involves the lack of availability of the *offspring* of CB Prizes for the community.

Obviously, not everyone can win CBs, and at the current odds, only a very few do have CBs capable of producing 2nd gens which thousands of people can use for lineages/scroll goals.

Those few CB Prizes tend not to produce very well, and apparently, some people have been on original lists for several years, waiting for a 2nd gen.

The production ratio coupled with the extreme scarcity of producing CBs has created gross inequity throughout DC, altering a pet dragon collecting/breeding/gifting/trading family site into a cookie-cutter stock market-type setting where trade value outweighs the individual value of dragons according to individual taste, this according to a market based on 2nd gen Prize dragons valued to previously unimaginable multiples of the next most valuable dragons - these then often regarded to be, in large quantities, en masse trade fodder by those hoping to get on (too few and virtually unmoving) 2nd gen Prize lists, rather than being valued and collected for their sprites and lineage possibilities, and therefore even harder for those wanting those sprites to obtain, as well as the 2nd gens - a situation with which many are unhappy.

This is why these Prize Suggestion threads were started - many people are unhappy not only with being unable to get low-gen Prize dragons, which now effectively cuts them out of gifting, trading and breeding in a major area of the game, but with the rampant commercialization of dragons and the site and the alteration in attitudes and the spitting into haves and have-nots which we already must endure in the real world and really do not need in our leisure time.

Hi, fuzzbucket,

as much as I hesitate to disagree with you, I must repeat that the issue creating the biggest problems involves the lack of availability of the *offspring* of CB Prizes for the community.

Obviously, not everyone can win CBs, and at the current odds, only a very few do have CBs capable of producing 2nd gens which thousands of people can use for lineages/scroll goals.

Those few CB Prizes tend not to produce very well, and apparently, some people have been on original lists for several years, waiting for a 2nd gen.

The production ratio coupled with the extreme scarcity of producing CBs has created gross inequity throughout DC, altering a pet dragon collecting/breeding/gifting/trading family site into a cookie-cutter stock market-type setting where trade value outweighs the individual value of dragons according to individual taste, this according to a market based on 2nd gen Prize dragons valued to previously unimaginable multiples of the next most valuable dragons - these then often regarded to be, in large quantities, en masse trade fodder by those hoping to get on (too few and virtually unmoving) 2nd gen Prize lists, rather than being valued and collected for their sprites and lineage possibilities, and therefore even harder for those wanting those sprites to obtain, as well as the 2nd gens - a situation with which many are unhappy.

This is why these Prize Suggestion threads were started - many people are unhappy not only with being unable to get low-gen Prize dragons, which now effectively cuts them out of gifting, trading and breeding in a major area of the game, but with the rampant commercialization of dragons and the site and the alteration in attitudes and the spitting into haves and have-nots which we already must endure in the real world and really do not need in our leisure time.

I mostly agree with you actually - that's why I have also posted in favour of multiclutching and improved breeding. But sad to say there are still plenty of people who are aggrieved at not being able to get a CB prize too. On the grounds that this is a COLLECTING game and everyone "SHOULD" in the end be able to get EVERYTHING. When holiday CBs come up they get slightly coy, but even so...

I mostly agree with you actually - that's why I have also posted in favour of multiclutching and improved breeding. But sad to say there are still plenty of people who are aggrieved at not being able to get a CB prize too. On the grounds that this is a COLLECTING game and everyone "SHOULD" in the end be able to get EVERYTHING. When holiday CBs come up they get slightly coy, but even so...

There may be some aggrieved at not winning themselves, although I haven't noticed any posting here, but I think very few actually expected to win at these odds, and I suspect that those with strong hopes have long since recovered their equilibrium - or would, if they could get low-gen babies in some reasonable time period.

But we do need a larger breeding pool and better production - people with CBs may have been waiting years to clear lists and make room for more, or to breed for themselves, or whatever, and people have been waiting years to get on such lists, while even those able to catch unlimited CB Golds and Coppers to offer can't do it because there's no room on - how many slow-reproducing CB Prize lists? A hundred and what number above actively being bred, out of however many thousands of players?

This situation is ridiculous, lol - although the effects are not laughable.

People asking for more CB Prizes to be awarded are obviously not expecting to win personally, just hoping to see a larger breeding pool - and as always, everything comes back to the central issue - with much better reproduction rates among the top 3 gens.

Even having several hundred more CB Prizes added in obviously wouldn't adversely affect the 'sacred trade value' certain winners are concerned with, it would just mean there would be more people able to use those 8 - 12 CB Golds and CB Coppers they keep juggling while endlessly trading hatchies for eggs, or giving up on, in getting on an actual list, especially if those lists became able to move new people in because breeding improved at that level.

Then a (probably large) number of people would revive the 'gotta get one of every line and pairing' goal they'd originally hoped for, and it would take a massive influx of both new CB breeders and productive results to get prices down over time to where people capable of catching several CB Golds/CB Coppers/whatever-next-most-valuable dragons might be then available could hope to get on lists.

Why on Earth any CB Prize owners worry about about their won-by-luck dragons being 'devalued', by others like themselves winning by luck in such a scarcity situation, where there are ? how many, a hundred-odd? badly breeding CB Prizes among however many thousands of fanatic dragon collectors, I'll never understand...

One area in which I do differ from you is that I think that members should be able to get at least most things, at least over time.

We can't all get Spriter's Alts featured in short lineages and no-one can now get discontinued dragons, but I do feel that low-gen Prize offspring should be produced and therefore accessible to the community in numbers so that the average person can eventually get them, especially after already waiting several years, lol.

And I don't see a problem with people getting a fun recoloured Prize dragon for participating in an Event from which Prize winners will be drawn.

The great thing about the Raffles is that random people get something special regardless of computer speed, and that's just continuing that a little further, with a little something for everyone, including those on dial-up/antique computers/with disabilities, so that while it certainly doesn't fix any problems, it adds a little something for all participants to plan lineages around, or whatever.

Sure - better breeding.And a fun recolouring released IN CAVE - I have posted in favour of that. But given that there was no suggestion that the prizes would be released in cave. I can see the POV of those winners who are agin it. I wouldn't care if I were a winner, but I can see why people would mind. That's why I have consistently hoped for HM prizes ONLY, from here on in. You get a nice thing, and it doesn't have to be exclusive. (except hybrids - but that's a quite different thing, I think - not such an issue.) And YES it levels the playing field having kind of random prizes - but I bet most people would be happy with a CB holly or soulpeace ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

Sure - better breeding.And a fun recolouring released IN CAVE - I have posted in favour of that. But given that there was no suggestion that the prizes would be released in cave. I can see the POV of those winners who are agin it. I wouldn't care if I were a winner, but I can see why people would mind. That's why I have consistently hoped for HM prizes ONLY, from here on in. You get a nice thing, and it doesn't have to be exclusive. (except hybrids - but that's a quite different thing, I think - not such an issue.) And YES it levels the playing field having kind of random prizes - but I bet most people would be happy with a CB holly or soulpeace ?

The problem is that the Prizes have already upset the equilibrium of DC - the whole site attitude is altering as a result.

If the Prizes are not increased, and/or attrition reduces the numbers even more, the situation will worsen...

Originally, HM Prizes only would have been great, but we can't get the Genie back into the bottle now.

I'm not big on the idea of Cave Releases myself, and one spriter objected, which kinda sealed for me.

But the situation does need to be rectified, and we need all voices working toward a solution at least tolerable to all.

Otherwise, what happens to DC and our dragons, if it's no fun anymore for a lot of the members?

The problem is that the Prizes have already upset the equilibrium of DC - the whole site attitude is altering as a result.

If the Prizes are not increased, and/or attrition reduces the numbers even more, the situation will worsen...

Originally, HM Prizes only would have been great, but we can't get the Genie back into the bottle now.

I'm not big on the idea of Cave Releases myself, and one spriter objected, which kinda sealed for me.

But the situation does need to be rectified, and we need all voices working toward a solution at least tolerable to all.

Otherwise, what happens to DC and our dragons, if it's no fun anymore for a lot of the members?

We can at least minimise the options for any more genies getting OUT smile.gif