TwilightDreamWolf

ANSWERED:Apps for Dragoncave?

This is either a good idea, someone's already said that, or awful. Should Dragoncave have an app, for Android and Apple, to play offline? Post here to comment on this please! biggrin.gif

Edited by TwilightDreamWolf

I don't know, I don't code apps. xd.png What I'm proposing is some kinda app to let players check on their dragons, grab new eggs, trade their dragons, etc, offline. I'm pretty sure it's doable, and players would love it! It wouldn't nessecarily have the forums, but it'd still be great!

How would it even be possible to grab eggs while offline? That makes no sense to me.

I hope this wouldn't affect those of us who don't use apps. This computer was loaded with a bunch of apps that I've never used, and never will, and it won't let me dump them, so I am not an app fan. sad.gif

DC has a fine mobile site, so I'm not sure there is a need for apps. It is also an online game, so offline would be pretty much impossible for most features.

Maybe something offline like incubating, fogging and influencing. But I don't think anything else besides that is possible.

How are you going to be offline and incubate, etc. when the eggs are only present on an online site's database? It isn't possible.

DC already has a mobile site, as said. Apps must be coded which takes a lot of time, then must be distributed somehow. To write Apple Apps one must first have a license, which isn't free, then must follow a specific and exacting set of rules, which would mean TJ must somehow have all the correct GUI's made, and then must pass Apple's standards for release.

It's just not worth it, even if it could be done.

An offline version of Dragon Cave would essentially be a completely different game. I'm not quite sure what you want from such a thing, given that you yourself defer that to whoever "codes apps."

If you have a clear expectation in mind for something, then please post a new thread containing that.