TJ09

2014-02-05 - Valentine's Day Event Info

Oh, I love the Rosebuds, they look so pretty! I actually wonder how some people can pick and choose, I have to frantically grab them as they pop up in the AP. xd.png

In fact, my best catch so far is a 2nd gen Rosebud from an Ice father.

A friend caught one just like that.

Out of curiosity, how do those with pink Sweetlings feel about their babies going to an alt scroll? I have a couple with really pretty all-pink lineages. I can't help but wonder if the owner of the parents' scroll is going to look at it and think "Oh yay! My baby is an alt!" or if it will be more of a "Really? My pinklicious pink lineage of tremendously pink pinkness, and you HAD to keep MY egg?" laugh.gif

I'm already attached to all my eggs and don't plan on doing anything about it, but I was just wondering.

Uh, you're wrong. The limits were lifted.

Mmm... Not completely wrong, TBH. The OLD valentines had their restrictions lifted. You can still only have two of the most current valentines (the ones being distributed this year).

I've been hunting for about an hour and have nothing to show for it.

But I have to continue for that Sweetling! tongue.gif

Down to needing one more heartseeker and then I am done! Thank goodness Valentine's day is in two days. I can hardly keep room on my scroll.

I fel like saying 'Hunting has been well today, plump eggs basically rolling in front of your feet begging to be brought home.' But I can't. Mourning hunting is wonderful, 6-10AM is an ideal time to hunt, since, well, everyone's all sleeping or not at home! (I wish I can stay home all day sprawled across the computer screen hunting)

Bleh. My Magi stock is down to two available... used up a bunch for gifting pretty 2nd/3rd gens.

I may grab some more of the Rosebuds later on.

I have to agree. I'm really, really lacking in the Rosebud section. Caught a 2nd Gen Heartseeker from F Silver.

@Koala. I've been catching sweetlings from 2-5th Gen. If you don't mind holding the previously mentioned Heartseeker. I can try my hand at catching the sweetling for you if you don't mind the generation.

EDIT: Mind you, I actually ran out of teleports due to the amounts of gifting I did.

Edited by Spyridon

I'm curious about the first Valentine's eggs (can't remember what they're called) - I bred mine, and managed to keep two - but I've tried to snag another from the AP and can't seem to (and no, it's not that someone has grabbed them, because I get the message 'try as you might...', go back to the AP and that egg is still there - I look at the codes - but I still can't get it - sometimes I can refresh three times before someone else grabs it). So while the limit of two total has been lifted, is there a limit to the number of extras you can get? I can hold seven eggs and have grabbed other types of Valentine's but it's just those first eggs that I can't seem to pick up.

I'm curious about the first Valentine's eggs (can't remember what they're called) - I bred mine, and managed to keep two - but I've tried to snag another from the AP and can't seem to (and no, it's not that someone has grabbed them, because I get the message 'try as you might...', go back to the AP and that egg is still there - I look at the codes - but I still can't get it - sometimes I can refresh three times before someone else grabs it). So while the limit of two total has been lifted, is there a limit to the number of extras you can get? I can hold seven eggs and have grabbed other types of Valentine's but it's just those first eggs that I can't seem to pick up.

You are only allowed to keep one egg from each clutch, you can't catch one of your own again in the cave. You can only catch someone else's.

Now, I'm forgetting what the egg in the middle is called. Though that pink one? It's the only one I don't have (as wasnt that last years? ) and I'm having a hard time getting it. Can someone tell me (if they know) if more will come up on Valentines day itself? (I want to aim to get max 2 so I only gotta worry of possibly missing this years rather than both. xd.png )

Whats the rule on sweetling alts? I mean its just random chance with any sweetling or is it only from alt parents?

Might just horde these now o_o

I convinced my boyfriend to give me his heartseeker from gold. biggrin.gif

It didn't take much. He couldn't care less about holiday catching.

Whats the rule on sweetling alts? I mean its just random chance with any sweetling or is it only from alt parents?

Might just horde these now o_o

The only people who will have alt sweetlings are the spriters and the people who grabbed them within the first few minutes that they were released and lost them due to a glitch.

If you are not one of those people, you will never have an alt sweetling.

If someone who has alts hatches a sweetling, it will be an alt while it is on their scroll. Once it goes to a different scroll that is not coded for alts, it goes back to regular.

Mmm... Not completely wrong, TBH. The OLD valentines had their restrictions lifted. You can still only have two of the most current valentines (the ones being distributed this year).

Wait wait wait- hold on. Restrictions are LIFTED for all past year holiday dragons?....

Wait wait wait- hold on. Restrictions are LIFTED for all past year holiday dragons?....

Yep! You can grab as many as your scroll slots can hold. *admires her collection of lineaged Sweetlings*

The only people who will have alt sweetlings are the spriters and the people who grabbed them within the first few minutes that they were released and lost them due to a glitch.

If someone who has alts hatches a sweetling, it will be an alt while it is on their scroll. Once it goes to a different scroll that is not coded for alts, it goes back to regular.

._. oh.

Well then that's okay. At least I won't lose any sleep over it now =)

On the flipside, I got me 2 new sets of all the past dragons, and the offspring of an alt sweetling anyways x]

Aww, that's a bummer :c

Yep! You can grab as many as your scroll slots can hold. *admires her collection of lineaged Sweetlings*

Sweet! *attacks the Heartseekers*

(Actully I wish I'd known this a few days ago. I thought it was still max 2 for all holidays (except, you know, Holloween) and I freed a Heartseeker because one I planned to breed was one Iv been aiming for for months... Talk about bad luck. *shrug* )

Aww, sorry to hear that, AveryCF.

I forget where it was, or I'd link to it, but there was a suggestion (I think maybe not its own thread?) that all the news posts in this forum (just TJ's posts, not anything else) be hosted on the actual site itself, so that people could get news without going to the forum, which I think is a pretty good idea.

Aww, sorry to hear that, AveryCF.

I forget where it was, or I'd link to it, but there was a suggestion (I think maybe not its own thread?) that all the news posts in this forum (just TJ's posts, not anything else) be hosted on the actual site itself, so that people could get news without going to the forum, which I think is a pretty good idea.

Ill keep an eye out for it. Thanks for telling me. biggrin.gif

(Hey, knowing the limitations logic now is better than later or never. I'm just gonna keep looking to the bright side)