TJ09

2014-02-05 - Valentine's Day Event Info

Does anyone know if the lift on the breed limit is for this year only or is it permanent? This year is the first time I've gotten Valentine dragons and I was hoping for a chance to get plenty of Rosebuds. Or even an alt Sweetling if I could (in my dreams - hah!).

Oh! And in addition to this question, I also wanted to ask- how abundant will the new Valentine dragons be? Like, will they be a dime a dozen or do we have to go mad-clicking for them? xd.png

I still feel like SUCH a newb, couldn't figure out what kind of lineages I'd like to breed, and now that I've come up with one (all four seasonals and four different valentine's dragons), I'm having a hard time getting two of the eggs I want ... and I'm awash in "wrong" dragons bred with springs! (They are all very pretty but my idea requires I have each of the seasons represented.)

And my trade offer is going nowhere grr!

It's been fun, though, to be on the receiving end of so many generous people. But I'm hoping I can find someone with an unbred Sweetling and either an Arsani or a CB 2009 that has some breeding capacity or next year I'll still be kicking myself!

EDIT: oh my heavens, it's Arsani-geddon! Thank you very much, I just needed the one! (Still looking for the sweetling!)

Edited by webcowgirl

Oh! And in addition to this question, I also wanted to ask- how abundant will the new Valentine dragons be? Like, will they be a dime a dozen or do we have to go mad-clicking for them? xd.png

Maybe at midnight there will be a bit of a rush, but since they're still limited to 2 per scroll AND they're dropping for 3 whole days, I'd imagine no trouble at all once people have got their fill. If it's anything like the previous years, the same eggs will be sitting there for hours. laugh.gif

Oops, forgot how to grammar

Edited by Orlageddon

I still feel like SUCH a newb, couldn't figure out what kind of lineages I'd like to breed, and now that I've come up with one (all four seasonals and four different valentine's dragons), I'm having a hard time getting two of the eggs I want ... and I'm awash in "wrong" dragons bred with springs! (They are all very pretty but my idea requires I have each of the seasons represented.)

And my trade offer is going nowhere grr!

It's been fun, though, to be on the receiving end of so many generous people. But I'm hoping I can find someone with an unbred Sweetling and either an Arsani or a CB 2009 that has some breeding capacity or next year I'll still be kicking myself!

*looks at signature*

Well I can't help with the Sweetlings (mine have both been bred), but I could do the Arsani for you if you like.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Maybe at midnight there will be a bit of a rush, but since they're still limited to 2 per scroll AND they're dropping for 3 whole days, I'd imagine no trouble at all once people have got their fill. If it's anything like the previous years, the same eggs will be sitting there for hours. laugh.gif

Oops, forgot how to grammar

Yay! Now I know I don't have to zombify myself to get some. xd.png Maybe this means I can still try to get more Rosebuds. Unless the breed limit is lifted for next year too.

It's okay, once I stay up past two I can completely forget how to human. tongue.gif

Yay! Now I know I don't have to zombify myself to get some. xd.png Maybe this means I can still try to get more Rosebuds. Unless the breed limit is lifted for next year too.

It's okay, once I stay up past two I can completely forget how to human. tongue.gif

I think it is pretty safe to assume that the breed limits will remain lifted for following years. Otherwise TJ would have to deal with the rage of lineage builders who couldn't finish what they started! laugh.gif

Seriously, though, I can't see him going back to limits. If the Christmas limit lifting was an experiment to see how it would go, then he must have considered it successful or he wouldn't have lifted Valentine limits, too.

I think it is pretty safe to assume that the breed limits will remain lifted for following years. Otherwise TJ would have to deal with the rage of lineage builders who couldn't finish what they started! laugh.gif

Seriously, though, I can't see him going back to limits. If the Christmas limit lifting was an experiment to see how it would go, then he must have considered it successful or he wouldn't have lifted Valentine limits, too.

Thanks for the clarification! Now I can rest a little easier. smile.gif

At xx:35 after the hour I will autoabandon 3 2nd gen '09 Val eggs from my CB Bronze Tinsel "Dalek".

Would love to know where they go wink.gif

Edit: Gone biggrin.gif

Edited by SickThing

Im collecting as many sweetlings as I can I love that I can have more alts! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

That's not a glitch. Looks like TJ finally handed out the last of the raffle prizes.

That cannot be. At least I hope not as my son does not have his prize yet.

That cannot be. At least I hope not as my son does not have his prize yet.

D:

I've definitely seen new CB Prize eggs on peoples' scrolls, though. But there's been no announcement from TJ, so who knows? Perhaps he's just handing them out as people have room.

(I've been feeling really sorry for all the poor souls waiting for their prizes and trying to keep space free during a Holiday breeding period.)

At xx:35 after the hour I will autoabandon 3 2nd gen '09 Val eggs from my CB Bronze Tinsel "Dalek".

Would love to know where they go wink.gif

Edit: Gone biggrin.gif

I missed one of your kids..I cried... Congratz to who ever got them though that's an awesome catch! smile.gif

Thank you. That is one of mine. Glad to know where it went.  biggrin.gif

I know! I thought to send u a thank you message but thought it would be creepy haha. Thank you I love it! tongue.gif

D:

I've definitely seen new CB Prize eggs on peoples' scrolls, though. But there's been no announcement from TJ, so who knows? Perhaps he's just handing them out as people have room.

(I've been feeling really sorry for all the poor souls waiting for their prizes and trying to keep space free during a Holiday breeding period.)

Thats just it, he hasn't even wanted to catch/breed any Vday eggs because he wants to make sure he has room. The only thing on his scroll is a dead egg from a failed vamp bite.

Thats just it, he hasn't even wanted to catch/breed any Vday eggs because he wants to make sure he has room. The only thing on his scroll is a dead egg from a failed vamp bite.

Oh dear, poor kid. I dunno, then. sad.gif

I would say this is a definite 'PM TJ and see what is happening" situation.

It's unfortunate that I don't have any CB valentine's to breed my shimmer with.

That is really unfortunate!

Maybe this year's Valentine's will look really stunning with Silver Shimmers(and be male), and next year you'll make some awesome babies! biggrin.gif

Edited by Draco Knight

I would say this is a definite 'PM TJ and see what is happening" situation.

I just did. I hope he gets his prize. He is so excited that he won. If for some reason he does not get it he will be crushed.

AHHH. I'm having a really bad time trying to catch Sweetlings and Rosebuds, why are they soooo popular? D:

I've waited a year to breed my Arsanis, and now the little ones are here. *hugs hatchlings*

I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, tho.

Check your inbox. wink.gif

I still have 1 Heartseeker to breed, but I'm having trouble deciding what to breed it with. I bred my other one with a hellfire and it turned out better than I expected.

How about a CB red dorsal, Hellhorse, or Royal Crimson?