TJ09

2014-02-05 - Valentine's Day Event Info

So far, I picked up a Rosebud and produced three Heartseeker eggs for the AP. Now, to find a Sweetling!

Wait... so breed limits for past Valentine's dragons are removed, right? But on my Breed Limits page it says I'm over the limit. Is this just something that needs to be updated, or will my extra eggs be auto-abandoned? I hope not, because I'm trying to breed eggs I owe for someone and I'm not sure when they'll be online. I'm a little worried right now. unsure.gif

Don't worry about the breed limits page. The eggs will be fine.

... and April2000, clean out your inbox. smile.gif

Wait... so breed limits for past Valentine's dragons are removed, right? But on my Breed Limits page it says I'm over the limit. Is this just something that needs to be updated, or will my extra eggs be auto-abandoned? I hope not, because I'm trying to breed eggs I owe for someone and I'm not sure when they'll be online. I'm a little worried right now. unsure.gif

I'm pretty sure the page just hasn't been updated. The limits have definitely been removed, so I think you'll be safe from anything auto abandoning. (:

Don't worry about the breed limits page. The eggs will be fine.

I'm pretty sure the page just hasn't been updated. The limits have definitely been removed, so I think you'll be safe from anything auto abandoning. (:

Thanks guys. smile.gif I'll probably be signing off soon and was about to freak out trying to find someone to hold the egg for me.

I'm very pleased with the additional 3! Heartseekers and 1 Sweetling I was able to catch last night. And that I was able to breed and give back to the AP a few nice holiday eggs as well. So far it's been a good start to the Valentine event! I hope everyone is having a good beginning as well and are catching what they have their hearts set on. smile.gif

@Spiteful Crow

While the limits have been lifted, I do not believe the auto abandoning has been. It was written somewhere for the Christmas release that, I think it said, the EXTRA eggs over the one you select, will auto abandon after an hour? on your scroll. You only get to direct ONE egg from each clutch, you don't get to keep them all. Sorry.

Edited by PrairieStead

Alright, I have bred 99% of my Valentine's dragons biggrin.gif

I have only one Sweetling to breed for later or tomorrow. One of my favourite pairings ♥ Sweetling and gold.

Edited by Slytherin7

I'm in need of non messy short gen Sweetlings and 2008 Valentine dragons.

Edit: Whoops, meant 2009.

Edited by Dame_Jedi

Heh heh - I got one of those too

I got one, too. Love that lineage! <3

Yeesh! I put my eggs into one measly hatchery and within the hour they're all sick even though they were all incubated... unsure.gif I've got them fogged but I can't remember the last time I had that many eggs all get sick at once...glad I checked back.

Searching high and low for a Sweetling mate for her, no luck so far. I can't seem to grab any 2nd gen Rosebuds either. Uhg xd.png

I'm in need of non messy short gen Sweetlings and 2008 Valentine dragons

There are no 2008 Valentines. The first one was 2009. Is that the one you mean?

Yeesh! I put my eggs into one measly hatchery and within the hour they're all sick even though they were all incubated... unsure.gif I've got them fogged but I can't remember the last time I had that many eggs all get sick at once...glad I checked back.

I've found it best to wait at LEAST 12 hours after catching/breeding a dragon before adding it to any hatcheries--even after incubating. I don't think incubating makes any difference.

Incubate does not prevent sickness, does not actually make the egg"older"

just allows it to hatch sooner

that why I don't bother to incubate until they are at 5 days and have enough views to hatch.

This should be a heads up to new people as well

with the increased number of players the views go up faster and new eggs can get sick quickly, wait to add to fansites or watch them closely

Thanks you guys...for some reason, even after 4 years on this site, I just assumed that incubating the eggs did indeed make them older. Silly me. lol Learn something new every day around here. ha ha I'll unfog tomorrow then. rolleyes.gif

Got all of them exept from the arsani one. I never seem to be able to click fast enough ):

oh well, i got some pretty linages on the other ones, and hopefully i'll manage to get it later ~~

Why do people have to be so picky? sigh. -removed-

Edited by rubyshoes

Well I bred half my Valentines (1 of each pair) and will rebreed in the next couple of days

Meanwhile I am looking for Sweetlings and Heartseekers lol they are my favorite

The hatcheries have been running much "hotter" lately. I was regularly using three, and sometimes up to five or six, but I'm down to one, maybe a second, and using it for far fewer hours, since views are racking up so high and so fast.

I incubate, then add to hatcheries after I've had the egg for 12 - 24 hours, but I'm leaning toward 24 right now, since the hatcheries are working so fast.

Bred the 1 Heartseeker and caught the 2 Arsanis I wanted. I'm happy. smile.gif

Planning to breed the other Valentine dragons later.