TJ09

2014-02-05 - Valentine's Day Event Info

My focus has been 2nd gen 09s or Heartseekers. So far, I haven't seen a single 2nd gen, everything I've caught is messier than what I will breed. I'm only seeing multi-breed stairs or small lineaged messies. I've tossed most back, but am holding the three 09 stairs, the one 09 egg from Dawn's clutch, and the two Sweetling eggs I could keep from my pairs. Leaves me with one slot for to fill now.

I had the opposite problem.. every thing I grabbed was 2nd gen... lol I got one of each of the ones I was missing and wanted some to freeze... ended up having to trade 2nd gen's for messy ones so I can freeze them and not feel bad about it -nods- and one is a very long, messy dorkface so it makes me giggle.

My focus has been 2nd gen 09s or Heartseekers. So far, I haven't seen a single 2nd gen, everything I've caught is messier than what I will breed. I'm only seeing multi-breed stairs or small lineaged messies. I've tossed most back, but am holding the three 09 stairs, the one 09 egg from Dawn's clutch, and the two Sweetling eggs I could keep from my pairs. Leaves me with one slot for to fill now.

yeah, but you can freeze the messy darlings for sprites!

I've been trying to get arsanis, since i figure theyll be second gens (more likely) so i can make checkers. but clicking on anything, really. no luck at all, but the week is young!

edit in, just to talk: while i do really like all of them, i think my favorite female has got to be val 09. Why, you may ask? They oddly remind me of my girl cat. Just so butterball shaped, and sweet! (Rosebuds are gorgeous, but theyre like flowers, delicate. and I do love arsanis, but i dunno.. the val 09s are like my cat!)

and heartseekers are just handsome men!

Edited by girlgamerjen

I've already accidentally abandoned two 2g Val 09s... oops D:

I just want one 2nd gen sweetling...ONE....Q_Q

Anyone have any idea on when things might slow down a bit so it's actually possible to grab eggs?

Edited by Pyros

YAY! After a couple of hours I've managed to grab two 2nd gen original Valentines, two 2nd gen Sweetings, and a 2nd gen of each of the other 3! And today is my 4th wedding anniversary, so all of these beauties have a special birthday! Now I need sleep! xd.png

Good luck to all!

Heh, so far I've just been breeding my own dragons, since I plan to freeze all these for my hatchling collection... but I'm hoping after my eggs hatch I'll be able to grab some nice ones from the AP!

...the Heartseeker eggs are still so pretty, I wish I could freeze them sad.gif

Edited by silver_chan

Been far to slow to catch any in the ap so far but sent a few 2nd gens off on their way hopefully to good homes. now i just need to wait for the few i kept to hatch so i can breed my 09s

caught some nice ones, but unable to catch a sweetling so far. will wait for this batch to hatch and try again

I know I'm probably going to be brick'd for this, but I hope to find really messy/inbred Sweetlings and Rosebuds to freeze ^^; Then trying to find ones not to freeze (before the breeding drop) would be even harder xd.png Also, I think I'll breed my Valentine dragons on the 14th, to make it special for those who want ones bred on that day :3

yeah, but you can freeze the messy darlings for sprites!

I've been trying to get arsanis, since i figure theyll be second gens (more likely) so i can make checkers. but clicking on anything, really. no luck at all, but the week is young!

edit in, just to talk: while i do really like all of them, i think my favorite female has got to be val 09. Why, you may ask? They oddly remind me of my girl cat. Just so butterball shaped, and sweet! (Rosebuds are gorgeous, but theyre like flowers, delicate. and I do love arsanis, but i dunno.. the val 09s are like my cat!)

and heartseekers are just handsome men!

I haven't frozen any Vals before, because of the breed limits, but maybe that's a solution.

One of the 3g stairs isn't too bad, with a Pink grandfather and a Black Tea father. The other 3rd gen is a Terra grandfather and Golden Wyvern father, while the 4g stair has a Horse, a Dream and a Shadow.

I did misclick a clean Rosebud stair with Purple Nebs, so I'm trying to trade it for breeds I want in the Holiday Trading Thread.

And I do like the '09s and Heartseekers too. I like the playful appearance of the '09s, and the Heartseekers are just drop-dead gorgeous! wub.gif

ARRGh. A good thing for TJ to do would be to impose Limits on the first day of valentines. With so many eggs, its impossible that 400+ people without valentines still lurk on the page. Everyone would have gotten at least one dragon if it weren't for the hoarders. Putting this in place would let new users who joined after last year's drop(Myself) to get a few valentines before the people who snatch up several hundred get here.

*points at signature*

Anyway, it's a tough time catching things :3

^ Yeah.. Coupled with my crappy internet, this is hard.

EDit(GOT ONE)

Edited by Melomancer

Sent my eggs out and received also yay! Just now have to play the waiting game on the last pair when her partner will be available to breed dry.gif Should have planned that one better!

best of luck catching everyone!

Two of my Valentine eggs bred true. Not only did I receive even generation breeds of my V-Day dragons.

But they were multi-cutches! Two eggs (from both breeding attempt) went to the AP!

I hope whomever caught them loves them!

ARRGh. A good thing for TJ to do would be to impose Limits on the first day of valentines. With so many eggs, its impossible that 400+ people without valentines still lurk on the page. Everyone would have gotten at least one dragon if it weren't for the hoarders. Putting this in place would let new users who joined after last year's drop(Myself) to get a few valentines before the people who snatch up several hundred get here.

Melomancer, it's 3 hours in to breeding on the first day. Valentine's dragons can breed for a week and will be around the AP for at least that long. I'm by no means new, but I haven't been able to catch anything from the AP either and I strongly doubt it's because people are hoarding. The most someone can have is seven eggs. Then they're done hunting. You've got at least six more days to catch a dragon. Hopefully that will put you a little at ease. Good luck!

Hopefully I can catch some Sweetlings, When I first saw them it was love at first sight, just like with Frills <3 I would give any offspring of ANY of my dragons to get one.

Melomancer, it's 3 hours in to breeding on the first day. Valentine's dragons can breed for a week and will be around the AP for at least that long. I'm by no means new, but I haven't been able to catch anything from the AP either and I strongly doubt it's because people are hoarding. The most someone can have is seven eggs. Then they're done hunting. You've got at least six more days to catch a dragon. Hopefully that will put you a little at ease. Good luck!

It did. Thank you!:)

I wish I could stop derp-clicking on Flamingos and Royal Crimsons! xd.png And also that my reflexes weren't currently slower than a traquilised snail...