Ryujin13

Little lost dragon and I

Desril diplomatically took a drink of his water as he considered his answer before finally setting his glass down and facing Fren.

"Well, there are a number of different ways to answer your question." He said carefully. "The easiest way is to just tell you about our planet, where females are looked on as the equal of any male."

"What about the next way?" Guthrie asked dangerously, his eyes hardening as they bored into Desril.

"Um, well the truth is that the universe I come from is inhabited by an empire of dragons, spanning dozens of stars and hundreds of planets. The problem with that size of a government however is you end up with a lot of different political factions working to further their own ends. The system where my home is contains three inhabited worlds, all united under a banner of peace. The next closest system meanwhile is based off of a kingship that was given to the current ruling family 10,000 years ago, you actually met one of the heirs to the throne in Vyorm. It only gets more confusing from there." Desril explained, taking another bite of meat.

"Then there's Draco, the legendary birthplace of the dragons. It's there that dignitaries of every planet and government come to make their voices heard, and where the Council of Fangs sits, all nine elected from the nine wisest dragons of Draco. It's them who keep the peace between the different governments, but it's also them who hold ultimate say over whether a planet needs to be changed. For the most part they allow everyone to govern themselves as they always have. However, if things get out of hand, if reports of uprisings, or any other problems crop up they will also remove any problem on the planet and replace it with a new and functional government." Desril finished, turning and raising a paw gently towards Guthrie. "I know that isn't what you asked, but you have to understand before the answer can be heard." He explained, lowering his paw once more before turning to Fren once more. "The problem with your question is that it really depends on where you are in the empire. Will a female ever be considered say a slave? No, slavery is one of the worst offenses imaginable. However, a female might not be able to own land on a planet, or maybe they just can't join the military. It truly depends on how close the system is to Draco, and how far society has advanced." Desril finished, taking another sip of water.

Alina for her part didn't seem particularly keen to comment on what had just been said, and had instead lapsed into a contemplative silence.

Desril seemed to notice this and moved to change the comment before Alina was upset to much.

"As for the future, well I haven't thought very hard about it. The truth is I don't know what I want to do with myself. I don't really want to go into business like my father, instead I've always just wanted to go explore. That's also partially why I came along. The chance to get to see something that no one else ever as? That's been a dream. Of course it would be much better if it weren't for this war." He joked again before looking down. "I hadn't ever really considered that Alina might come with me, but if that were the case then we would go where she wanted to go. If that means back to your guys home then I'm sure I can come up with a job to support her and a family of that were to ever happen."

"But if we were together we wouldn't have to choose, I can take us anywhere!" Alina said quickly. "We could go to see my parents, and I could see your grandfather or anything else we wanted!" She said excitedly.

"Wait how can you do that?" Desril asked confusedly. "You need a portal to go even between planets, and nobody can go between universes like what you're saying."

"You should do some homework before you go and try to court the first female you see." Guthrie said with a small smile. "My daughter is what's called a shadow dragon. She can move between points in space and time. That we know of she's the last of her kind. That's also why Nuria has her eyes set on her." Guthrie explained, placing a hand on Alina's shoulder to comfort her. "But she is right, you could visit us whenever you wanted to."

Fren nodded "Another reason we want to meet you and Vyorm, Alina has a great gift, a powerful one at that, if she where to go with the wrong male as her mate, the repercussions would be devastating." she said her eye's firm and her voice stern. "However, nothing is with out risk to be content, and we want Alina to be happy and content, as such we won't stop her from eventually finding a husband." she said before her eye's softened and she relaxed "So far though, from what we've learned so far about you, you do sound like a nice dragon for her." she said with a smile.

"Say, what kinds of things do you like? And what do you know about Alina? I don't know how long you 2 have been watching her." she asked before pausing "You may ask questions too as well, After all, beings don't get to know each other with only one side asking about things." she said with a nod and a small smile.

Desril sat back, thinking hard for a few seconds before continuing.

"Um, well where I come there are a lot of different things that can be done for entertainment. There are movies, sports, games, a lot of different things. I actually prefer to spend my time racing and sparring, I also like to go with my friends to different places around the world. One of our favorite places to go is the mountain ranges where we go hunting."

"Do you eat your kill?" Guthrie asked, his voice even but his eyes hard.

"Of course. We usually eat it while out camping on the mountains, but sometimes we kill something and then bring it home for a big feast." Desril explained quickly.

"But about Alina, well I don't really know what Vyorm knows because we weren't exactly comparing notes, but I um, well I saw the end of your fight with that red dragon." He said to Alina. "It was an excellent victory as my grandfather would probably say. At the time I thought you used a spell of some kind. Now that I know you can teleport like you can, well it was still impressive." Desril said, giving Alina a smile which caused her to blush. "Anyway after that I only caught glimpses of you here and there. I had to gather information from others who had been around you and Bor. I learned your name obviously, that you all had been in the castle before the war, that you both had raised Alina as your own. Other then that everything was kind of sparse. Nobody seemed to know anything solid, only little tidbits. After that I kind of resigned myself to just trailing you until I learned something I could use to approach you." Desril said, looking down. "I am sorry for that by the way, I didn't know anything about you, and with as beautiful as you are, combined with the quality of the armor you were wearing, I didn't know if you were considered royalty or even where you came from. I thought it would be better to play it safe instead of insulting someone really important by accident."

Fren nodded and listened and once Desril finished "Well caution is a vertue in this case Desril, I say this because yesterday some very close to her was forced to say things threatening to her." she said carefully before leaning back and smiling "Alright, enough questions, lets finish our breakfast here and then we have till early afternoon. If you have any questions for us or Alina, feel free to ask them."

((Heading off for the night. Work again in the morning))

(Goodnight)

Desril gave a small smile and carefully ate a few of the scraps off of his plate while he waited for the others to finish. While they ate he carefully asked small questions about the families time together, but was careful not to push into places that might be uncomfortable to talk about.

When they had all finished he helped Fren and Alina clean up, before moving a little ways towards the door.

"I um, well thank you for having me." He said awkwardly. "I appreciate you giving me a chance sir, ma'am."

He bowed to Fren and Guthrie, then moved backwards a little obviously unsure of what else to do. "Um well, thank you for giving me a chance Alina." He said finally.

"Thank you for the pearl." Alina said with a smile. "It's beautiful." She shuffled her feet a little, trying to come up with something to say. "I um well I liked talking with you, it was fun." She said finally. "Maybe we could do it again? I- your grandfather sounds really interesting." Alina finished finally as Guthrie opened the door for Desril.

"Oh, yes I'd like that. He'd probably like you and your family. But um, I... I should get going. I uh, I have to go and get my next assignment. I'd like to see you again if that's alright?" Desril asked finally, making Alina blush and smile.

"Yes I'd um, I'd like that." She said, watching as Desril smiled back, then turned and headed off towards one of the command tents.

Guthrie closed the door after a few seconds, then went with Fren to sit on the couch together.

"He seemed nice." Guthrie said, glancing at Fren before his eyes turned on Alina. "What did you think?" He asked the dragoness. "He was obviously quite taken with you."

"I...I liked him." Alina said after a moments pause. "He seemed nice, and he sounded like a good person." She said, taking a seat on the floor, a thoughtful look on her face.

"Alina, you know how I feel about this whole thing. I don't want to see you grow up to fast and get hurt, but I will say this, from what I saw of that one, I at least have a better feeling about him then I did before. He seems like a good kid, although he still has a lot to prove. I am also concerned about that father of his. I don't want you to get caught in the middle of their families politics Alina. That being said, I agree, he was a nice person, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of him again."

Fren nodded "I'm..... no expert on love, even if I'm with your dad, for him and I it just.... seemed right, we where attracted naturelly, and from what I've seen, when its not forced, that's when it works the best." she admitted before kissing Guthrie's cheek before looking at Alina "What are your over all thoughts Alina? He's interested in you after all." she asked with a smile.

Mean while, in the main hold out where Nuria's was, roars sounded all around them. And the fighting seemed to get 10 times as bad, and going poorly. One of her genrals limped over "Your magisty, the castles janitors...... there on mass and hitting us from multiple fronts, ignoring the petty robots being sent at us." he said before couphing due to his wounds.

Alina blushed darker at this further questioning and fiddled with the stone with a flaw as she looked down embarrassed.

"I um, I liked him." She said shyly. "He was... He seemed to like to listen to me and to you, and my real mom..." Alina gave a little giggle as she twisted her claw again. "My real mom gave me advice on boys in her messages, and she said that's important in a boy. They have to care about you as a person." Alina gave another nervous giggle and her blush deepened further until her cheeks and nose looked almost black. "He was also... I don't know why but he was cute. I think I want to see Desril again, but I want to meet the other dragon too, because it's rude to invite him and then say no, but also because maybe he's a better fit for me." Alina said before trotting off into her room.

If looked in on she was sitting in place thoughtfully looking at the pearl in its little wood box. It was very pretty she had to admit, but more to the point it now represented Desril, a dragon she had only just met, but liked.

Alina shook her head and glanced around, then withdrew the shadow dragon book and opened it. A flash of light later and Alina was speaking with her parents, though to everyone else she was just sitting still, her eyes closed as thouch meditating.

Nuria turned on the general, murderous intent in her eyes as she brought her hand up, a halo of blue fire surrounding it. Only her tiny, remaining amount of self control saved the generals life, but a random soldier nearby wasn't so lucky as it exploded into dust.

"Pull all forces back, grab any supplies that you can as we retreat. We will congregate in the entrance hall. All doors except the portal, the feast hall, and the entrance itself are to be fortified. Nobody leaves those two areas unless I give express orders. Anyone attempting to leave will be found guilty of treachery and will be put to death, is that understood?" Nuria snarled, turning and destroying a janitor with another bolt of fire that sliced through it like a hot blade through butter. Without waiting for an answer Nuria stalked off down the corridor, destroying anything that wasn't her forces that she saw with flicks of her wrists.

Fren smiled "Careful to tell the difference from infatuation and love Alina, though I'm sure he'll be happy to know that as well if and when you tell him." she said putting a arm around Guthrie. She watched Alina start communicating again with that her parents left behind of them selfs.

There was a few startled shouts out side and Fren frowned and got up, she went to the door and opened it slightly to get a peek, then she blinked "Castles avatar is here." she said to Guthrie.

"Seize her!" a guard shouted before trying him self only to be thrown back like a rag doll. Fren showed up "STOP!" she shouted causing almost everyone in the area to look at her, then Avira's castle clone huffed "Helping you guys and you act like I'm a enemy." she said in a almost bored and not suprized in the slightest. Fren had to explain to her not many knew of there relations. When Guthrie showed up Fren told him to fetch Avira.

"Your enemy has retreated around the main meeting hall, my defence creatures are making a push there now. There leader though is posing a bit of a problem." she said when Avira finally showed up "Figured you should know." she said with a huff.

((Feel free to time skip if ya want.))

Guthrie's eyes narrowed at Fren's announcement, but he stood and grabbed his staff before following his wife outside.

The reaction that everyone was having to the clone was commendable, and Guthrie was loathe to leave Fren alone with the thing, but finally he gave a tiny nod and went to fetch Avira. Unsurprisingly she was with Logan still, but they weren't currently locked together like two teenagers which was a good thing.

Avira visibly blanched at the mention of her clone, but waved Logan off when he offered to come with. Instead she grasped the back of Logan's head and pulled him into a deep kiss, only letting go after Guthrie cleared his throat.

The trip back was silent, but when the arrived not much has happened and the clone was allowed to deliver her message without incident.

Avira glanced at the others for a moment, then nodded. "Ok, well if you hold her forces there for the time being we can go and discuss this development with Bor and Medad. They might be able to deal with Nuria now that we've got her cornered."

The clone looked at her "Fine, however until the war is over, I will take there body's to create more, as your enemy's leader is costing me." she said before leaving before much could be said. Fren huffed a little before looking as the sound of quick thuds approached before Vita came into site his arm ready for combat. "Easy Vita, just Avira's castle friend." she said and Vita looked at them in a confused manner.

"None of you show wounds, castle clone ability's surpass all currently." he said before Fren shook her head "Avira got the castle to realize a error in its programming, you where there when she explained it, after Avira and Guthrie forgave each other on her return." she said and the large robot shook his head "Processing power minimal to older data banks, keeping teams on the push and avoiding sudden influxe of Castle janitor units." he said

Fren nodded and explained it before Vita finally turned and headed back. She looked at Avira and Guthrie "We need to inform Bor and Medad asap, sounds like the push won't last forever." she said before vanishing into there quarters and returning with the horn Bor had given her the night before, she sounded it. this would be something Bor would like to know.

Mean while the fighting continued to get worse at the hold out at Nuria's base, the castle was unlocking everything and throwing it at her, from beasts to corrupted beings to janitors and what ever else it had. As Nuria killed each being she saw, another 20 of her men fell, even the yellow acid beast Guthrie had first met on his first day was there on another flank, dissolving a centipede man while coating a enemy dragon forcing its self down its throat to eat away from its insides. Janitors serves as mobile shields in many of the halls until either they died and then the castle forced just pushed it towards the enemy or more. Some of the beasts and janitors suddenly began dragging dead and injured soilders, sometimes even just knocking them out.

The same general showed up again, shaking a little but it was his duty to report when developments happened "Your magisty, the enemy forces had began to take body's, there taking prisoners!"

(Ok so here's the thing, I have the end to the story all planned out and we're basically there, so do we end it or do you have any other ideas? I mean we have some wrapping up but the whole Nuria arc is basically done)

Edited by Ryujin13

((Bike tire went flat this morning, set my scheduled back, will edit this post when I get home from work

Edit: Dang you deteled your post, had plans to kind of extend it.

Was thinking that Nuria was the one that corrupted the castle programming, tells the others that if they reset her like they where planning on doing in your post, they would lose the commands to restor the castle and never get it back, and if the castle self destructs like Avira got it to conclude, it would have enough magical power in its blast to open the red cage, and kill everyone on it possibly even the 4 siblings.

Kind of like Nuria's turned the whole castle into her ace a long time ago.))

Edited by little lost dragon

(Yes I deleted it, but I saved it. I worked a long time on it and I wanted to check with you before ending the whole thing. Feel free to RP Nuria)

Bor popped into existence in front of the group, followed closely by Medad and strangely enough their sister Cadence, who was wearing a set of grey and silver armor.

"We are aware of recent developments, and would like to congratulate you on your efforts to free Jak." Medad said politely. "The loss of her pawn and general led to a collapse of her army due in no small part to her rage at the loss. If she had maintained calm and continued the attack properly the outcome might have been much different." He said.

"Already her forces are fracturing under the strain of defending against the castle. It is only a matter of time before a full scale retreat is called." Bor said calmly.

"How long?" Avira asked thoughtfully.

"Not long, maybe ten minutes at most. I can already feel portals opening back to the planets that Nuria recruited from. The three of us have erected a barrier that will not allow Nuria to escape as we must deal with her. If you wish you can watch the judgment that we pass on her." Bor offered.

"Are you going to kill her?" Avira asked quietly. "She probably deserves it after all this."

Cadence shook her head quickly, her grey eyes boring into Avira's brown ones.

"Death is not something that can overcome one of us. We are an integral part of every universe. We are created by mortal perceptions, and we in turn give mortals a purpose, no matter how basic that purpose may seem. Everything a mortal experiences is merely a journey that we facilitate." Cadence said in her quiet voice.

"Your daughter is on one such path." Medad said to Fren and Guthrie. "None of us decide how it will end, but we give mortals the power to decide."

"We've said all this before, but even Nuria has a purpose, it is just one of the most basic, primal even. She acts as she does because it is her nature. Fire unchecked destroys a forest, becoming more powerful by the moment. But when it dies, through a combination of wind, earth, and water, it leaves behind a landscape that has room for a new, fresh forest to grow. Even for all her death and destruction Nuria has served her purpose." Bor said kindly before looking up. "Come, the battle is almost over."

Nuria screamed in rage, flames billowing out from her, a pair of flaming swords in her hands which she used to cut down anything within range, friend or foe. Her army was deserting her, fleeing through the portals they had arrived in as the creatures from the castle ripped them to shreds.

Spinning around and swinging her swords Nuria sent a wave of fire billowing out that incinerated anything it touched. Within minutes her army, which had numbered in the hundreds of thousands, was dead or gone. Leaving Nuria to be surrounded by the castles minions. Even these left when it became clear that she could, and would kill them all, leaving Nuria alone in the entrance hall.

With a snap Nuria's power switched off leaving her without protection. Her armor fell off with clangs before bursting into flames, leaving Nuria standing in the rags of a peasant.

Moments later the entire group, including Alina, Nuria's brothers and her sister, appeared in the hall as a circle of runes sealed Nuria into a position in front of the locked door leading to the red cage. A collar shut around her neck, then a chain ran down her back and pulled her arms up and clicked great cuffs shut around her wrists as well. Finally another chain ran between her ankles, forcing Nuria to kneel on the ground within the circle.

"Hello Nuria." Bor said sasly as he walked to the circle that the woman stood in.

"Brothers..." Nuria snarled. "Sister. I'm surprised you joined them. Violence was never your forte." Nuria spat.

"You left me no choice sister." Cadence said sadly. "I did not kill for them though. The retreats, the surrenders... Leading an army through fear and hate has never worked for you Nuria, not that you would remember."

"What are you talking about? I remember everything, just as you three do." Nuria said, her eyes narrowed.

"No sister, you do not." Cadence said sadly. "I wish we didn't have to keep doing this."

"Doing what?" Guthrie asked confused. "What's going to happen to her?"

Bor looked over at the group, his eyes full of sorrow before he walked over and knelt so that he was level with the group.

"I owe you all something like Avira's or Fren's request." He started. "After that I'll send you where you want to go. Because of your part in this tale though we can finally give you the explanation you deserve.

"I thought you didn't know." Guthrie said curiously.

"They didn't." Cadence said quietly. "None of us did until Nuria's power waned once more."

"So what's in the cage?" Avira asked.

"Her, parts of us." Bor said simply. "Her essence, power, and parts of our memories."

"Everything is cyclical." Medad said quietly. "Universes, life, everything. Empires follow the same basic pattern, as do planets, energy. Stars all follow the same basic principles even if the end result is slightly different. Nuria is a product of the cycles as well. She starts pure, as a small flame, then begins to grow ever larger until she rages out of control. This war was the end result of the latest cycle." Medad explained, his eyes never leaving Nuria.

"Even the three of us are part of the cycle. We have faced down Nuria countless times, then rebuilt before beginning it all over again." Bor explained.

"Every time she grows in power and makes a push on the cage we repel her as is our way. We don't know what's in the cage, but know that it would have consequences beyond measure if it were opened." Medad said.

"When we've defeated her we remember this part of the story and begin to rebuild, but not before first siphoning off the remains of the power she gained, as well as her memories of the event. She helps us rebuild, then we return here, remove our memories of the event, and begin the cycle anew." Cadence explained.

"What happens if the cage were to be opened by her?" Alina asked.

"Every scrap of power, every memory, every bit of her essence from every cycle before would flow back into her, giving her everything she had ever gained in one fell swoop. Imagine the power she had these last few weeks, then multiply it by an almost infinite amount. Everything would cease to exist. She would destroy everything just by existing. There would be no existence after that. No conscious thing can imagine nothing, but it is a thing, and it isn't something that anyone wants." That is the purpose of the red cage, to protect existence, to protect anything and everything that ever was." Bor explained.

Fren frowned and walked up to Nuria's bound form and looked at her, "By all means I should inflict as much pain as possible on your right now. You took my first friends, and some of my family for your petty goals, threatened to take more of my family and even rape my daughter." she hissed before turning around and walked back to the group. "While she could burn in a pit of liquide fire for eternity for all I care, a being that has her memory's removed can never learn, and never learning means they'll continue to repeat there mistakes." she pointed out "Doing a repeat of the cycle only ensure the cycle continues. As a result this war has to happen over and over because none of you can learn because none of you remember till after you've already make the mistakes, till after you've beaten her again, and again. She might be the embodyment of ambition and lust, but even ambition and lust can be trained and harnessed." she said before going up to Medad "Your the embodyment of law and order, however you have such under control, otherwise you'd be trying to do what your sister was doing and trying to have your be the ultimate, a place with only order eventually falls, you'd be trying to ensure everyone fell into order the way you wanted, and only you if you don't keep it under control." she said before going to Bor "Your the enbodyment of nature, you've also got your's under control, otherwise you would never have allowed Guthrie's people make there own tech, or even allowed me to show them the labs, or allowed other races from colonizing other worlds as that no matter how small will affect the ecosystems, as population grows they need to make more space to make home, even in tree's they displace the cycle of nature. yet you know its a needed fact." she said before going to Cadence "If you allowed yours to be all powerful all races would die, art and imagination would surpass all science and needs, races would be trying to make things that are impossible which leads to eventual destruction if left unchecked." she said before looking at Nuria "And her, she's a example of her embodiment left unchecked, lust can be pleasureful for all involved if in controlled manners, ambition allows beings to strike for the better, just like it can make one a war criminal." she spat

"Nuria's will never learn if you just keep doing the reset, teacher her while she's in this state, reward her as she continues to improve and as she improves, she can have some of her power back." she said before Nuria burst out laughing. "Medad, Bor training me? Like an animal? You know nothing Fren, and will always be in the dark." she said before looking at her siblings "And I would not clear my memories if I where you, in doing so you will have doomed all those on this castle, and extreme pain to your selfs as well, the castle corruption was never an accident. the blast will open the red cage reguardless, with the keys caught in it, there power will be added to the power of the shock wave in the universe." she said with a grin, much like she had when she had first seized Jak.

"Release me, do as I say, and I'll stop the castle, and you'll all get to live." she said glancing at the chains on her wrists. The manner she said 'live' had same tone when she taunted Fren and Guthrie about taking there kids as other genrals.

Bor, Medad and Cadence all seemed to put some thought into Fren's ideas, but whipped around at Nuria's announcement, each ones eyes drilling into the chained woman's.

"What have you done Nuria?" Bor asked, stalking forward. "What did you do to this place?"

"It doesn't matter brother." Nuria cackled. "I have finally beat you, even with your little champions, even with every soldier and plan you leveled against me I've beaten you!" She continued to laugh as Bor turned to look at Cadence who nodded almost imperceptibly.

"She's telling the truth." Bors second sister whispered, looking away.

Medad and Bor looked at each other as though communicating through thought alone, but finally Medad made a gestured and the chains holding Nuria disappeared, as did the rune circle surrounding her.

Instantly Nuria was on her feet, the rags she wore bursting into flame to be replaced by the red and gold armor she had worn before.

"Fine, you're free, now what?" Bor asked.

(I know it's a short post, but I'm not quite sure what Nuria's new plan is. She knows now that opening the cage will destroy everything, and even if she likes killing she does want to rule things too. Did you have an idea what her plan was? I do have an idea of why she's so interested in Alina specifically, so maybe she wants Alina or something? Just an idea.)

(True, but those like her, if they can't have what they want, they tend to make sure no one canhave anything as well then, as such Nuria's thinking. As for her plan, she's not done yet, she has an ace on her side. So now she has something to use and black mail and such.)

Nuria's smiled and looked at Alina and smiled before looking at Fren and frowning. "Tsk tsk Fren, you killed your son, and my lover, you know your going to need to make up for that. broken promises have a way to get you back you know." she said before pointing at Alina "I want you to personally strip her of her armor, and hand her to me as an offering, I want her ready for her new purpose as soon as possible, we would not want her speices to die out now would we?" she asked.

Fren hissed "You'd have to kill me first, Alina, lea-" she was stopped mid sentenced as a unseen forced grabbed her and threw her hard into the floor. "My Fren, you'll be fun to keep alive. Perhaps your mate is unhappy with you, maybe he'd like someone better suited, someone who can give him everything he might want." she said looking at Guthrie before looking at Bor and her other siblings "I will enjoy playing with your champions for now, in the mean time, bring me the key's and we'll talk about the next step." she said with a evil glint in her eye.

Vita back at the base paused before looking in the direction of the meeting hall before rushing over to the command tent "My forces at the meeting hall tell me something went very wrong." he said before the slit for his sensors glowed and then a projection showed up showing what one of his bots saw in the meeting hall.

(She might of lost her army, but she know has prisoners of those that showed up, and right now, her siblings in her pocket)

Guthrie yelled out angrily as Fren was thrown to the floor and began to move forward, energy already at his hands, but Nuria already had a hand raised and aimed at Fren, the fire licking away at her fist.

"Now, now Guthrie was it? We wouldn't want your mate to be hurt would we? It would be your fault after all, just like that scratch on her face." Nuria taunted.

Guthrie visibly paled and lowered his hands almost instantly, his body quivering with anger, but his fear of failing Fren overriding any other thought.

"I would die before I betrayed Fren!" Guthrie snarled as Nuria made a small pass on him.

"Oh I don't doubt you'd try, but here's the thing. It's amazing what mortals will do to avoid pain. I'm sure you would resist at first, but how many times would I have to flag the skin from your bones before you began to consider your offer? Probably to many, so I would start with that bit of fun, and then I'd move on to the real torture, as I force you to watch me do much worse to your dearest Fren. After that, if you still somehow manage to resist, I'll show you what we've done to little Alina here."

"No." Guthrie whispered, his eyes widening.

"Yes, but we can come to that later." Nuria mocked. "Now, both of you will remove Alina's armor. As I said before, there's a long line of dragons who desperately want to save her species."

Fren pushed her self up and glared at Nuria "Guthrie would sooner die." she snarled getting up, the slam into the floor had harmed her. She minroly limped to Alina and crouched down. She looked into Alina's eye's. She waited till Guthrie came over like they needed two to take off some parts, she gave a flick of her tail to signel Alina to jump, with them making contact like this, should bring them in with her.

Nuria flicked her hand in a hurried manner.

Fren phased a little before popping back into the current dimension before Nuria had her dragged over once more by the unseen force. "Crafty one, you are aware that you just made it harder to keep you alive Fren? I will slowly cut off your toes, then your fingures, then parts of your tail, and I will continue to do so until your so loyal mate brings Alina to me." she said before smiling "Before that though." she flug her hand out and Fren's armor exploded "Lets find out just how great one of your kind can with stand pain." she said before looking at Avira "Don't think I haven't forgotten about you, I have a job for you, I understand you and Fren never truely got along, now, I want you to use your training, and do your worst to her, get her back and make sure her 3 brains remember this. unless you want to lose those organs you just got working."

When Alina and Guthrie finally arrived back at base there where suprized expression from allies all around. Vita's thuds could be heard once more in a rushed manner. He paused seeing them and there state, "Energy build up slow but steady, all contact with the castle has failed. Where is Fren? And Avira?" he asked "My scouts went inactive after she threw Fren into the floor."

(Small change, since Guthrie was told it worked out better to Fren, she wanted Alina to leave, while partly fazed she told them to return to base before Nuria over rided Alina's power, but since Fren had let go Nuria could only pull Fren back.)

Guthrie wasn't surprised by Fren's quick thinking as the family had practiced maneuvers like this before, but when they materialized without Fren he went first into panic mode followed quickly by anger. He checked on Alina immediately, then stood and looked directly at Vita, then around at the gathered forces.

"They were captured by Nuria in the entrance hall." He said, quickly explaining everything that had happened. By the end of his tale he was already beginning to glow with barely suppressed rage, and his eyes were shining lights so bright they hurt to look at.

"Vita, you have knowledge of war. You know how to lead troops, and you have an army at your disposal. March against Nuria now!" He commanded, his voice a rumble not unlike distant thunder.

Avira looked at Fren, then at Nuria before taking a step away and shaking her head. "First, I wasn't trained to do anything beyond resist torture." Avira said, slinging her rifle across her back before crossing her arms across her chest. "Second, Fren and I might have had our... Differences, but she is a comrade, a sister in arms, and if there's one piece of training that I remember more then anything, it's that you never betray your sister, not ever." Avira said, her eyes hard as she stood defiantly before Nuria.

For her part Nuria didn't seem much surprised, and in fact rolled her eyes before looking at Cadence. "Remember that time you taught me how to look into people's memories? I do, that was a long time ago when things were simple, although now I guess it was because you had just wiped my memories. Anyway, let's see here." Nuria said, smiling as she flicked her wrist and began to look through Avira's memories.

"My oh my, this one has had it rough. So much lust, pain, and violence. The desire for vengeance, the fear, the anguish. I wonder if Fren really understands what you went through." Nuria taunted, flicking her wrist and forcing Fren to relive every rape, every torture, every hellish day of being beaten and used, of having her mind programmed to enjoy the horrible things done to her even as her psyche threatened to shatter. Every single terrible thing that ever happened to Avira, relived as though Fren was the one experiencing it. Over a year of people using her, abusing her, and not caring one bit that she was resisting.

The full experience lasted perhaps a minute, but when it was done it was as though Fren had lived a full year.

"You don't really appreciate the pain another has endured until you actually experience it." Nuria said gleefully. "But why should you have all the fun? After all maybe Avira wants to go down memory lane as well." With that both women were back in the memories, from the first day all the way until the very last, every touch, scent, sight, sound, and emotion were there in perfect detail. All of the terrible things they had been forced to do to survive, every terrible memory was relived in horrible detail, secondly second.

Suddenly it ended and they were both back on the floor, and Avira was back in a ball again, her tail held tight to herself as though it might fly off. Tears streamed down her face as Nuria stood over them both and laughed.

"Now, here's how this is going to work." She said, bending down so that she was right over Avira. "I want the little dragon. I want her within the next hour. So the deal is very simple. One of you will go and get her, taking my dearest siblings with them. They will bring Alina back, and then we can work from there. While they are gone, the one extra will remain with me. I'm sure some of my army is still around to back me up, especially the Dragons. They will return and wait with me. While we wait, the castle and all remaining forces will be called off. For every single soldier we see while we wait one who remains will endure... Well let's just say that Avira's memories will look like a vacation by comparison. Let's see, one more dose."

Another minute or so of torture through Avira's memories followed before both were back again. "Now, which one will go get alina back for me? I'll even be sporting and let you choose. I'd choose quickly, I get bored quickly."

Vita shook his head "Negitive, attacking now will only put your wife in greater danger, and your friend as well, they have a chance if we do not raise the bar right now, as well right now I need to develop a weapon that will hurt her, or disable, for now, since all in that room are captured, they will all be reguarded as hostile for now." he said turning to the nearest general "Even Bor is to not be trusted, he is now a prisoner of war should he show up." he ordered before looking back to Guthrie "Alina now is the goal of the enemy, she must hide, now, there is no time to waste. I'll handle things here, if I'm killed, I'm taking who ever killed me down as well." he said before starting to turn away "Your wife is our priority, but the sagety of your daughter comes first, a army of teleporting foes will put us at a massive disadvantage." he stated.

Fren curled up and shut her eye's. This must be what is was like being in a prison pod, reliving memories, like she was there and the one with the horrible things afflicted on her. Unlike Avira, she did have training for this sort of thing, but it still got to her. The thought that she should be dead grew stronger, such acts normally would be fatal for her species. Then she was put through it again. Now she was panting from it all and she felt the strange sensation of wanting it all to be over with, just the blanket of darkness to come and bring peace. She did not look at Nuria as she spoke. She looked at Avira then back to Nuria.

Then another dose and she was starting to curl up her self. Though when offered who would go get Alina. She looked at Avira. "Avira?" she asked in a shaky voice "You..... you go. Th-they won't attack knowing I'd be caught in the cross fire." she said though her strong factor in her voice was gone.

She knew Aline if found, would not listen to Avira, and if it met her death to pretect her daughter, so be it. Fren also could shut out memory's easier then Avira could, so getting Avira out would be better. Fren would take it, she survived a ghoul in her gut before, she could survive this. She hoped. "Plus, Nuria and I...... have some things to settle." she said mustering her self for what might come.

Edited by little lost dragon

The only other time that Guthrie had truly let loose was when Fren had been captured by the purists all those years ago, and then it had been anger fueling him instead of skill or strength. Now he had all three, and they were about to explode. Small bolts of energy were grounding themselves around Guthrie as Vita refused. He almost exploded right there, but some tiny amount of logic made it through the anger and made him stop.

"Fine, we hide Alina, any bright ideas on where?" Guthrie asked.

"Actually my real mom and dad taught me how to get to a mostly safe place." Alina piped up. "I can go there and wait, but I won't be able to tell when it's safe to come back." She said worriedly.

Avira's eyes flickered open for a second, looking over at Fren, the terror, shame and anger written across her face as the tears continued to flow. To her shame she almost jumped on the chance to leave, but managed to stop herself from flat out leaving.

Instead Avira struggled upright and turned to Nuria, wiping her face with an arm.

"I'm going to stay." She said with as much confidence as she could muster. "Because honestly I doubt you have much in the way of ingenuity beyond my memories."

Nuria smiled and walked up to Avira before smiling. "Believe me, my ingenuity hasn't even begun to show." She looked over at her siblings, who had stood, powerless to intervene, and motioned to Fren.

"Ok you three. Grab that one and go back to your base camp. Just remember our little deal. I don't see anyone from your army, or the castles except for Alina and an escort. If I do then the things I'm going to do to my little doggy here are only going to get more... Bloody." Nuria said, giggling at the end as she snapped her fingers.

Chains flew from nowhere and bound Avira in seconds. The vixen fell to her stomach a moment later, causing her to cry out in pain.

"I'd get moving you four, time is flying by, and the longer I wait, the more imaginative I get with this one." Nuria said nastily as Bor ran over to Fren, picked her up and ran off with his siblings.

"Oh and no powers my brothers and sisters!" Nuria called as Avira began to scream again from behind them.

(You can time skip to basce camp and rp Medad, Bor or Cadence of you need to.)

Vita looked at Alina before nodding "Most likely a better hiding place then anywhere here. I'm sure with Bor's help once we have this situation under control, we'll find you." he said before giving a wave "Now say goodbye to your father, I do not know when you might see him again." he said before leaving "Guthrie, report to the command tent once Alina is on her way."

Fren closed her eye's hardly putting any effort in standing up as Bor came over and picked her up. As she was carried away she looked at Avira before passing out. Her injury's from being slammed and dragged about, plus the stress from reliving 3 life times of rape and abuse in less then 10 min took hold and she went out.

As soon as Bor and his brother and sister arrived at the outer defence line to the base all the weapons trained on them before the guards shouted for them to stop. A elf came over though he had a magic ward up to prevent or at least, weaken any magic that might get used "I'm sorry Bor, but the orders are to escort you and your siblings to the prisons for now. We won't take any more risk then whats needed." he explained before nodding to one of his fellow guards "He'll take Fren to where she needs to go." he said.

Medad frowned and was about to speak but Bor shook his head. Bound by the terms Nuria had set, being stripped of there powers met they could now be harmed by mortals and there weapons, and there where enough weapons trained on them to slice them up 50 times over. Never mind the weapons at the start of the long wide stairs leading tot he main base.

Vita met them near the middle of the base as Fren was carried off to the medical tents and word was sent out for Guthrie. "I saw what went down when you brought the enemy leader to her knees, and a energy build up has started to happen everywhere, I've slowed it down for now but we only have days before the levels reach critical levels. Due to what might of happened, and the nature of magic, I can not allow you our your siblings to roam free. I've had the prison quarters set up for you 3, and my forces will be your guards." he said "Alina's safe, but even I do not know where she had gone." he said "Now, if you wish to help, I need to know exactly whats going on with Nuria, and I need to make something that can be mass produced to penetrate your siblings defences." he said

Alina began to cry as she said goodbye to Guthrie and hugged him tight as he held her tight.

"It'll be ok Alina." He said, stroking her back gently. "I'll get you're mother back just like last time. We'll be back together in no time at all, then we can go home." He whispered, holding Alina back so he could look in her eyes before giving her a kiss on the forehead and nodding to her. "Don't come out until someone comes to get you. Cadence knew the shadow dragons best so she will probably be one of the people to come get you, alright?" He asked, making sure Alina understood before nodding and standing back.

Alina faded from existence a few seconds later, leaving Guthrie standing alone for the first time in ten years. No wife, no children, none of the people he loved, and all because of this castle and the terrible things inside it.

Anger began to gather inside him, anger at Nuria, anger at the castle, angry at Vita for not helping. Without a second thought he turned and targeted an empty room, raising his hand and releasing a blast of energy that exploded the room and everything inside.

Friendly forces started and began to converge, thinking there was another attack, but stopped when they saw Guthrie firing off another ball of energy, then another and another, the rage and pain on his face horrible to behold.

Finally he seemed to tire himself out and turned to float off, pushing his way through the crowd and heading off to the room he and Fren had shared.

That plan changed however when word arrived that Fren was back. Guthrie took off with all the speed he could and came to Fren's side, pushing past the doctor and summoning energy to heal her himself. Besides a few bumps and bruises there wasn't any serious damage done to Fren, but Guthrie worried over her until she finally woke up. He made sure the first thing she saw was a smiling face before he leaned and and hugged her giving her a kiss on the cheek even as the guard watched dutifully.

"I'm so sorry Fren." He whispered, holding her close. "I was going to go back for you. I'm never going to fail you again, not like last time, not ever."

Bor and his siblings stoically accepted their cells which had at least been made comfortable for them. Cadence remained silent after Vita spoke, but Bor and Medad both looked at each other before nodding.

"We will share secrets with you that will allow you to forge weapons of great power." Bod said slowly. "They will enable you to fight Nuria, but nothing can kill her. If struck by one of the weapons it will cause great pain, temporarily sapping her of her power. However, we will still need a permanent solution to this conflict, otherwise we are back where we started."

"What is more, these weapons come at a price." Medad said calmly. "Each one will be tuned to an individual, meaning that is the only person who can wield it. Because of the nature of these weapons only the three of us will get to choose their bearers. If that's acceptable then we can continue."

Fren slowly began to wake, thankfully when her eye's opened, the first thing she was was her mate. He kissed her then hugged her, however instead of hugging him back, and thanks to reliving 3 life times of rape and abuse so resently, she almost went into a panic tensing up and her legs braced like she was about to kick him off her. If Guthrie hung on reguardless she broke down in tears and hugged him back, her body shaking. When asked about what happened she told him, what Nuria had done to her and Avira. the mental damage was there for anyone to see. Any other male anything came near she would begin to tense up and her breathing would quicken. Only Guthrie could rest assured she'd never harm him.

Vita looked at Medad and seemed to process the terms. "Very well, the rest or our forces will remain here to repel any attack that Nuria might muster to this base." he said as a construction k-bot came up beside him.

Guthrie nearly broke down as well when Fren told him what happened. He coulxnt possibly understand what it was like to live through those memories, but he did know that he had failed once again.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, sitting on the bed and cradling his wife in his arms. "I'm so sorry I failed you."

He gently stroked Fren's arm as her head rested against his chest, the rest of his body gently coiled around Fren to comfort her like he always did.

"I can't understand what happened to you, but know that I'm here for you, now and always." Without a second thought Guthrie began to hum the song that Fren sang to the children when they were upset or couldn't sleep. His hand never left her, but he didn't hold on forcefully, instead just cradling her like a baby.

"I love you Fren." He whispered. "Now and always. Alina's safe, she's in a place where Nuria can't get to her. Once we defeat Nuria, we'll... We'll go home. Squer will be there, and Alisson. We can go home. Remember home? The garden, the pond and the tree. Sayers telescope. Winters were always harsh, but we survived, our family always does. Just like now, our families going to survive this Fren. We'll survive this cursed place, and we'll go home stronger for it." Guthrie wanted badly to cray, but instead just kissed the top of Fren's head and began to hum once more.

Bor, Medad and Cadence all rattled off a list of different materials each, including the required labor.

"For each weapon we will have to go to see its forging to imbue it with power." Bor explained. "If you want the weapons then this is how it must be done."