Ryujin13

Little lost dragon and I

(Np, I spent all last week ill)

Fren nodded and brought out her data device. "Remember when I said this thing holds data, now I can show you." she said plugging it into the phone, its screen flashed a few times till a odd screen showed up once more, all kinds of rune looking symbols and Fren pressed certain ones then it seemed to download some data before it flashed again showing Jak's phone wall paper. She smiled "These memory's might be heavily buried, but the time he spent with the humans is the time he went from a criminals side kick to the child Alina met. Sparking those memory's visually I'm hoping will crack his current shell at least." she said before looking at Alina "I'm going to need you Alina, what ever Jak might say, don't pay him any mind until I say so, if I haven't given the word, everything he says is to be ignored alright?" she said as the base got busy again.

She looked at Guthrie "With Nuria pushing, we gotta push just as hard, and um..... Avira left before I could tell her, her phones data is backed up but..... she might not get it back depending on Jak." she admitted giving him a quick hug before heading off to the prison. She showed the guards the phone and explained why she needed it with her, showing them why as well going through a few of Jak's pictures. Once allowed in she walked till she was close to Jak, but just out of reach. "I'm not going to say much Jak, but I have something, you might find interesting." she said showing him the phones screen, reguardless of what he said, she began to cycle through the images, close enough for him to see, but far enough that he could not reach for now.

When Fren and Alina entered the room Jak was sitting near the center of the room with his eyes closed, almost like he was meditating. Still it was easy enough to tell that he was aware of his visitors just by the way his ears followed the sound of their movements.

He refused to open his eyes though until Alina finally pretended to wake him up by saying his name.

With that his eyes flicked open and he smiled up at Fren and Alina like he had before.

"Why hello there, so the little dragon came back hmm? My isn't she brave? You know my love has puzzled over her for quite some time, pondering what species this little one is. When she found out, my wasn't she surprised. So much power in one little body." His smile widened and he shook his head a little. "You know my love has given her army instructions to capture your little group alive. Not many have stayed alive this long inside the castle and she wants to know what makes you tick. This little dragon here, my love has big plans for her. She's going to breed you little shadow. We've already found a number of dragons who are willing to do the deed, and when we've captured you, well it's probably not going to be a pleasant experience for you." Jak chuckled.

Alina visibly blanched as Jak spoke, but seemed to have taken Fren's words to heart and was trying to ignore Jak as best she could.

When Fren showed Jak the pictures however he seemed to stop and actually focus on what he was seeing.

"I know them." Jak said quietly as Fren thumbed to a picture of an older couple standing with Jak at some sort of tourist destination. "They're mom and dad. They rescued me."

Jak moved closer to the picture, then looked up at Fren.

"How did you get these? You are not apart of my life, you may just be a dream but I know that for a fact."

Fren gently rested her tail tip on Alina's shoulders as Jak spoke. Had he been anyone else, she would have gutted him here and now with no remorse. Threatening her daughter like that had her very angry, however she kept her self under control. This was not Jak speaking, but the being Nuria placed in him and nurture.

When he focused onto the images she was showing, he focused. His talking stopped, his attention centered on the images. Mentally Fren smiled, so far so good. She paused on one image and he seemed to get really interested. She looked at him when he asked how she got these. She did not say anything for a few moments before she sighed "I got these off your old phone on the first day we met, back when Alina, was not even a day old out of the egg." she said "You told us all about your mother and father, your father, a court person, one who leads the sessions that determin criminals jail time and probations, he first met you when you where caught back on your own world, your.... home life before then had not been the best to put it mildly and he took pity on you." she said "He took you under his wing, and raised you, you at first where a bit of handful, breaking old habits from before, keeping you out of trouble." she said with a chuckle "But he cared for you like his own. Like I do for Alina, and while you might not see it right now, you as well." she said gently resuming going through the other images "You never said much about your mother though.... but I know she cared for you judging by some of these images where she is involved. Do you remember much about her?" she asked

"Maria." Jak murmured a look of confusion still on his face. "Her name was Maria. She worked with foster kids." He said shaking his head a tiny bit. "And I... I remember you but it was just a dream. That's what my love said. You were just a dream that my mind put together while we were away." Jak shook his head again and took ahold of his temples as he tried to put everything together in a way that made sense. "My love never lies to me, she says so herself when we are alone. She promises me that she would never lie. But I can remember the dreams like they had actually happened. I remember you and the others in the group. I remember a... A bird made of fire, and I remember fighting with you, and I remember..." He gave a growl of frustration and turned to stalk away only to turn again just as quickly.

"Jak, it wasn't a dream, those things really happened." Alina said timidly. "I remember the first time I met you, you asked about eating me, then you wanted to leave me where you had found me. I remember that time in the castle, you made mistakes, but I still loved you, I thought you were funny and I would call you fuzzy. Please remember, this isn't who you are. You're a person who likes to laugh and play games. Please remember fuzzy, you're not this bad person, you're a caring person who just wants to be respected.

As Alina spoke her words seemed to find purchase within Jak, and as she reminded him of the times they had had together his eyes seemed to glaze over and focus on something far away.

Without warning Jak had flung himself against the bars of his prison, his teeth bared as he reached for Fren.

"Kill me." He begged, his voice sounding much closer to his original then they had heard before from him. "Kill me and put an end to it, please Fren." Jak pleaded. "She's got her spells dug in to deep Fren, I can already feel them taking hold again, just kill me, please. Kill me, burn my body and take the ashes back to my parents. Tell them I loved them. Please Fren, she's made me do so many terrible things, I don't want to do them anymore. I don't want to hurt Alina or any of you. If you kill me then she will have to find a new person, someone else to open the locks for her, and it will take a bit of time. Time enough for you to get a plan together." Jak managed to get out before he suddenly shrieked in pain and doubled over.

After a second he looked back up and the evil light was back in his eyes, as was the smirk that was focused intently on Alina.

"Maybe I'll get lucky and my love will let me break you first little shadow. There are a lot of perks to being second in command, first crack at all the new females being one of the best. Maybe she'll let me enjoy you first before we get the other dragons to begin breeding you in earnest. Amazing how lucky we got to find such a prime specimen of the shadows here in the castle, and a female too. I hear dragons live for thousands of years, longer even. Just think how many offspring you can have before you die of old age. This Shatong has adopted you as her daughter, before we kill her we'll make sure she gets the chance to watch your innocence taken away, and a new breed of shadows emerge from your body. I've actually talked to some of the other breeds of dragons you know, and they're all very excited to meet you little one. It's not often that they find a virgin, let alone get the chance to breed her." Jak laughed as Alina shuddered under his gaze. She was still only 12 or so and didn't know how breeding worked, but she knew that the way Nuria would force it on her would be horrible to experience.

"What do we do mom?" Alina asked, turning her body away from Jak.

"Yes mom, what do we do? You know if you both surrendered right now I'm sure my love and I can find a way to meet our goals while still keeping you both alive. In fact if you helped me escape I'm sure Nuria would reward you both beyond your wildest dreams. You little shadow could pick and choose your breeders intead of them just lining up to enjoy your company. You Shatong, want for your family to be left alone, if you swore fealty to Nuria she would name you ruler of the world where you left your children. You and that plant that you made your husband could rule there for the rest of your lives. All you would have to do is swear loyalty to Nuria, and you could rule your world as you saw fit. Anything you wanted could be both of yours, and all it would take is for you to help me escape, then bend your knee to my love. Is that really such a bad offer?" Jak purred, holding out a hand enticingly. "Just help me escape and you can have anything."

"What if I don't want to have children?" Alina asked suddenly, her eyes hard. "What if I want to wait until I love somebody?"

"Then we won't force you, you would be a princess, suitors would come from every dimension to attempt and court you. If one was ever found who you liked, then the wedding would be of royal magnificence, and every comfort would be given to you and your children. My own love would of course prefer that you produce a large number of offspring so that your race can survive, but I'm certain that things can be arranged to most benefit those who help Nuria's top general and confidant escape."

Fren watched him closely. Listening but she watched him closely. He spoke a little of Mara, his adoptive mother, then how he was confused, that he had told that her Alina and the others where only figments of his imagination. Yet he knew they where not. He started to remember. This went on for a few more moments then he flung him self at the jail bars begging her to kill him. That he could feel the spells placed on him working at him. She took his hand and hung on for a few moments before he started to shriek again and she let go, then his other self showed up. Like she feared and figured, all the time he had been under the spell, Nurai had created a new being, and all the time he was under the spell, the new being had taken hold.

She turned away from Jak and gritted her teeth out of Jak's site, with his slave master pushing for them hard, he was right, if they killed him then she'd lose her pawn for good, and she'd be forced to make another one which would buy them time. She looked at Alina "I do this for you, and Jak." she said ignoring what his other self was saying. She opened the case to the cell phone and removed the top screen chip. In a flash she whirled around and flung the chip through the air. It spun fast and traveled straight, in a blink of an eye it had flown past the jail bars and through Jak's throat. "Jak's last wish you pithetic being, tool for Nurai's, threatening my daughter, suppressing our friend. Jak's body will no longer be used to further your goals or your masters." she shouted.

The chip lodged in his spine past his throat, allowed his blood to flow into his lungs ensuring death even if the wound closed up. She came up to the jail bars and one of the very few times she used her mimic ability, slid around them. If met with resistence she fended him off, with out his armor, and weapons, and slowly choking to death. She pinned him to the floor her hands pinning hist arms her tail around his feet. "Under..... more peaceful matters I would have spared you Jak...... but Nurai is.... making a push, and we can't risk it, I'm sorry, we will fulfill your last wish." she said as tears came down from her eye's. She stood back up and in a swift kick, ended his suffering. She looked at Alina tears in her eye's "Forgive me." she croaked.

(Let me know if you wanted Jak alive, I'll edit if need be, I know you've given me permission in the past, if I over stepped my bounds, let me know

She's ignored everything his other self said, even the stuff he says when shes pinning him, though she was hoping she'd see the real Jak one last time before she put him out of his misery)

Edited by little lost dragon

Jak did struggle a small amount when Fren entered his cell, but when death neared a strange thing happened. The personality that Nuria had implanted seemed to disappear as the spells lost their grip on their target, and Jak began to shrink back down until he was in his much smaller form that Fren had first met him in. He was still missing his leg, but as he looked up at Fren, his life blood leaking out of him, his real eyes came back allowing him a few seconds of being back to normal.

"Not your fault." Jak choked out. "Mine. Don't tell mom and dad how much I screwed up. Please, just give my... My ashes. Please." Jak fell into a fit of coughing as Fren ended his life, his body finally failing and his eyes closing.

Alina was crying as Fren exited the cell once more, and immediately ran over to her mother where she proceeded to stand on her hind legs, place her for legs on Fren's shoulders and hug her mother in a huge hug that lasted for a good while.

"You did what he wanted mommy." Alina whispered, still holding on tight. "He's free now."

Alina finally released the hug after another minute or two and sat back on her haunches, not looking at Jak's body.

"He said bad things because of Nuria, but do you think what he said was true? Did you consider taking his offer?" Alina asked quietly.

Outside the battle had taken a strange turn the moment Jak died as an ear-splitting scream was heard, followed by a general retreat of Nuria's forces who began to fall back as far as they could without losing every strategic foothold they had gained so far. The allies for the most part were content with letting them leave due to the huge number of dead and wounded who needed to be dealt with.

When Alina and Fren exited the prison block it was to find Guthrie and a number of other magic users already working on the wounded.

Avira and Logan wandered hand in hand over a little while later. They both seemed a little shy about the whole thing, but finally Logan gave a small smile and looked at Fren.

"Listen, I know your husbands busy with the healing and such but when he's done would you like to get some dinner with us? If not it's fine, we understand if you want to do a family thing. Just let us know, we're going to try and round up some steaks, just let us know in the next hour or two."

Fren hugged Alina back crying her self, she hardly ever cried but this was too close to heart, and she felt like she just took another youngs life. She nodded as Alina told her she did what he wanted, she just wished they could have freed him and still let him life. She feared Alina would blame her, but at least such was not the case. "We'll honor his last request...." she said quietly and gave a shaky sigh.

When she was asked if she ever considered taking the things offers, she looked at Jak's body "Every option he gave, would have lead to you being abused Alina. And I would be contained and harmed as a play thing to him and his master. I... I used to work as a killer and.... back then..... I made a few similar suggestions to get information. That thing in Jak's body, was not too hard for me to see his intentions." she admitted "I would never consider handing you over Alina...... never." she said before giving a shaky sigh and looked down the hallway "We.... need to inform the others..... hope Avira does not mind not having a display." she said shakily.

Vita fired his D-gun again before following up with a few more attacks pummling another foe into mash on the stone flooring. Then he heard the scream and used the distraction to take on a few more before all enemy forces began a full retreat. He ordered his units to persue, lower the numbers as much as possible. He could always make more. He began to make his way back to his base as the rest of the allies began to retreat back to the defence lines and recover. "Unsure of enemy retreat, remain on alert." he ordered as he passed a few of the lines. "Get the wounded to base."

Fren looked up as Logan and Avina came over, her slime layer showing some tear streaks down her scales. She gave a nod letting them know they'll get back to them. Though when they left to let them be "Wait..... I need to contact Bor..... and your cell phone still works.... it gave Jak his..... it gave him enough strength to die as him self, then live as that monster." she said handing it back, the case back on, though the display remained blank.

Avira took the cell phone quietly and nodded her thanks, then looked down respectfully. "I'm sorry for your loss, both of you." She said to Alina and Fren. "He was a lot stronger then a lot of people could have been in that situation."

Logan nodded behind Avira, not saying anything, but still paying his respects. "He was a brave man." He said shakily after a few moments. "And no matter his mistakes in the past, I don't think anyone here will forget his sacrifice today."

Avira merely nodded at this, then turned and pointed off towards the center of the camp.

"Bor and Medad are over there with Cadence. They headed that way after Nuria began her retreat." Avira looked around then the sighed and shook her head. "I'm going to go grab a nap, I dont have any experience with healing these kinds of wounds, and I could really use a shower." Avira said with a smile, gesturing at her front which was stained red with blood, some of which was hers.

"Wake me up if you need me. Cmon Logan you can help get my back." She said to Fren and Alina before heading off towards her room, Logan in tow.

Alina for her part thought there might be more to Avira's wanting Logan with her then just help with a shower, but she wasn't going to press it. They both seemed happy, which was fine by her, especially after the day's events. At least someone was happy in her mind.

Bor, Medad, and Cadence were busy in a small room off to the side of the large one, all of them debating loudly over the next strategy. Bor and Medad were both saying that a continued offensive was the only way to go, although both of there plans hinged on different overal end strategies, while Cadence was loudly calling for everyone to sue Nuria for peace.

"There's been enough bloodshed already!" She said angrily. "I had no interest in this war to begin with but I allowed myself to be convinced to join because Nuria wouldn't listen to reason. Now she's lost her keeper, a number of the keys and her army has sustained heavy losses. Even now she cannot deny that victory is beyond her ability. If we demand peace from her, she will have to listen." Cadence continued loudly over Medad's objections.

"You're fooling yourself if you think that she will even consider surrendering peacefully. We have killed her general, her lover, and her way into the red cage. She appears weak now in front of her army, which means that peace isn't in the cards any more, assuming it ever was!" Bor yelled over Cadence and Medad. "Even now she's trying to find a new keeper for the keys, and a new consort to replace the one she just lost. She might back off for now, but she'll be back. We have to face facts, this is a fight that needs a more permanent solution. The old way of combating her don't work anymore. She's found a way inside the castle, and that's bad news for all of us." Bor continued.

"What's in the cage?" Alina asked from the doorway, making the three Demigods turn and face her.

"We don't know little one." Medad said quietly. "It could be anything or it could be nothing. All we know is that opening it could cause anything to happen, or nothing at all. Do you see why we cannot allow it to be opened? It could very well destroy all of existance anywhere, it could release a being of such power that it dwarfs all of us. The possibilities are literally endless, but Nuria has ever been the one to wonder about things like that. Sometimes I wonder if she doesn't hold sway over imagination instead of you Cadence. Like we have said before, Nuria isn't evil incarnate. She's not like a humans demon, or anything else of that nature. She is just thoughts and emotions made manifest, and those thoughts and emotions are bent on discovering the red cage's secrets." Medad sighed and shook his head, pacing away from the group.

Bor watched him go before turning his attention back to Fren and the others.

"I heard what you did for Jak. He was a brave young man there at the end." He said, gently placing a hand on Fren's shoulder as he spoke. "There's already talk of a memorial for him and everyone else who gave there lives here to stop Nuria." He shook his head and glanced over as Cadence turned and left the room, leaving Bor, Medad, Fren and Alina alone in the command room. "You all look like you needed something, what can we help you with while we wait for the reports to come in?"

Fren nodded her thanks and after a few moments turned with Alina to head and meet up with Bor and his siblings. Only to find them arguing with Cadence. Though it did not last too much longer once Alina stepped in and asked a question. This go the beings attention and they looked at her as Medad spoke.

The normal came out though, the cage, Nuria, stuff they already knew.

When Bor came over and spoke about how he heard about what happened with Jak. She gave a shaky sigh glancing at Medad, though since she was not in spell induced pain, she guessed her agreed with what she did as well. Even if she her self felt like she took a life that could have been saved. "It was not Jak that fought us, but the monster that was placed in his body Nuria created. Jak did not do everything he saw his body do." she said barely a whisper "To save him..... the monster had to die.... but the monster only died, once Jak was dyeing...." she said before giving a shaky sigh "His last wish, he wanted his ashes to be returned to his adoptive parents....."

When it was asked on what they needed she looked up at this "I do not want to need to kill any more of my family, but I can't be everywhere at once. I need my family safe from Nuria's grasp, I understand Guthrie and Alina that is a little hard to do, but I have 2 others that are not here." she said though her voice showing her distress "I made the mistake before asking for imformation that over all did not help us instead of saying other things, could you...... cure my people of the mothers curse? The condition that results in death upon birth, its a..... side effect from the civil wars." she asked "In a nut shell..... I need my family's safety secured, and the curse on my people lifted." she summed it up. She felt like she could no longer ensure her family's safety, and she sure as heck could not help her own peoples condision. If Bor did grant this, he'd save many of her people the pain of dead new borns, and put Fren's mind to rest a little with her and Guthrie's young children, Squer and (daughters name).

"Well I can do that for you, but I wasn't aware that there was a problem with female Shatong. it might sound inappropriate, but you never seemed to have problem having your kids." Bor said quietly. "As for you family, you really think I'd just leave them unguarded while you came out here to help me? I've got 200 of my best men keeping an eye on things there. Sarah and Squer are both doing fine, and if even a drop of water lands out of place I'll hear about it. Your children are as safe as anywhere can be." Bor assured Fren. "Now, I'll get the cure made as fast as possible, and we'll distribute it to the Shatong here first, yourself included. It sounds like it should take forever, but in reality I think we can have it done within a week or two. Sooner if this war ends before that." Bor said, placing a hand on Fren's shoulder before nodding and moving off. "I need to go and get some work done, if you truly need something you know how to reach me, just use it sparingly." Bor laughed, tossing Fren the horn that could summon him before turning and disappearing once more.

(Sorry for short post. Writers block.)

Fren shook her head "Its a condition that may not show for a while, might not show at all, but others are not so lucky." she explained and nodded as he told her her children where safe. She seemed to deflate a little and smiled a little. Knowing Sarah and Squer where safe took that worry off her. She caught the horn and nodded. She looked at Alina and smiled and hugged her before standing back up. "Lets find your father something to give him a boost." she said before leaving the room.

Later she and Alina spotted Guthrie and came up to him. She knelt down as he worked on another injury "I got you something, you need to keep your strength." she said gently "You won't be able to help many if your too tired to do so." she pointed out.

Vita was busy ordering new construction units to begin new outposts. As he sent out the signals and teams moved out escorting the constructor bots. "Enemy forces have congregated in the meeting hall, they have set up there defense line. I got scouts keeping an eye on them, but it will take time to build up the numbers to hit it and not be repelled." he explained

((Feel free to do a time skip if you want, think Fren might take up Avira and Logan on there offer for dinner too. She won't be very happy do to the days events, but seeing some one having a good time she thinks might help. Show not everything is bleak)

Edited by little lost dragon

(Ok, I'll time skip until a little later.)

Guthrie was glad for the offered distraction, and was perfectly happy to discuss whatever Fren or Alina wanted to talk about. That being said even Alina got bored with standing around and went to help out along the wall, hauling bodies away and digging out those who were trapped beneath.

Neither Avira or Logan were seen for much of the rest of the day, but when Fren finally did see Avira once more it was to spot a disheveled looking fox letting herself out of Logan's room.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what had happened between the two of them, and even if one was that oblivious then the smell would have tipped Fren or anyone else off just as quickly.

"Told you." Guthrie said, smiling widely. "Now is that dinner still open. I think it would be good for the two of us to enjoy another couples company as friends." He looked at Fren sternly, his eyes obviously saying that there wasn't going to be any complaints about this.

Avira quickly agreed and made plans on where to meet Fren and Guthrie before heading back off towards her room, grabbing something that was close to coffee on her way by before entering the room and closing the bolt, obviously not wanting to be disturbed during her time with Logan.

"Are you alright Fren?" Guthrie asked gently. "Because I'm here if you need me. I'm always here for you."

(Feel free to time skip to wherever, the meal doesn't really matter unless you want to have Logan and Avira go over how they know each other originally. Avira's also being watched by a couple of the good dragons, in this case a 19 year old storm dragon, and his rival a 17 year old silver. They're both doing their best to try and beat the other by getting into a relationship with Alina first. Up to you if Fren or anyone else notices. They aren't very subtle, so it should be pretty easy to notice.)

Fren sighed and shook her head before looking at Guthrie "While...... it was the right thing to do.... I feel I took a life needlessly..... a life of one that I had more or less adopted." she admitted to him. her eye's refusing to meet his right now "the things the monster in Jak's body said.... did not help..... largely how Nuria wants to use Alina as a brood mother and nothing else." she said her eye's flashing at the thought before they returned to there sad state.

"I took another life...... a life that.... was still innocent, and who's body was no longer in his control. I broke a promise I made to my self..." she finished off saying.

Later when Guthrie had conferted Fren she was taking a walk down the base when she spotted Alina aiding the allies some more. Though there where 2 beings that.... well where doing hiding they where staring. One storm grey coloring and another silver ish. One looked at the other and bared his teeth before they went into a tussel before one of the commanders told them to break it up. then they went back to staring at Alina, and glancing at each other muttering a few things.

She tilted her head to the side and moved around so she came up behind them. She cleared her throat and put her hands on her hips "Can I help you 2?" she asked in her motherly tone "Pheromones and behaver caught my attention, more so because of who it seems to be directed at." she said looking at them both. The 2 where larger then her but not by much. Though her taloned feet where larger then there paws and claws.

(hey so bad news, my cell phone got stolen so im without a ready internet connection, which really sucks. Anyway the point is that for the moment I'll only be able to respond infrequently.)

“I know that’s how you feel Fren, and I understand.” Guthrie said, gently stroking Fren’s back with his hand. “Fren there are a lot of ways to save a person, and even if it seems like you failed him, you still helped him end his life with his honor intact. He was brave at the end, and that’s all anyone can ask for.” Guthrie said, gently taking ahold of Fren’s cheeks and guiding her in for a kiss. “Please don’t let this destroy you Fren. We still have our own children, and as sad as I would be for this to happen, if one of them had the courage that Jak did, I would be the proudest father anywhere.”

Guthrie stayed with Fren for a little bit after that, then excused himself to go and help the wounded some more. He left Fren with another kiss, than told her that he expected her to show up for the dinner later that evening.

Later that day when Fren approached the two young dragons they both immediately turned.

“Truly it is an honor to meet the mother of Alina the Fair. Stories were spoken about your beauty, but only now do I see that it was understated. My name is Vyorm, son of Threnli, and it is a pleasure to meet you.” The silver dragon said, bowing low.

The storm dragon snorted loudly at the silver’s words and rolled his eyes, although he was quick to repeat the bow, making it obvious that he went much lower.

“You’re a suck up.” The storm said straightening, earning an angry look in return from Vyorm. “My name Desril, son of Calth, and it is quite nice to meet you.” He said.

“I apologize for my behavior." The silver cut in quickly. "But I could not help but notice your daughter after word of her presence spread. It is not often that one as beautiful and kind as her but still as fearsome as the most powerful of warriors, are found in places such as these. I was merely working towards talking to her when my less desirable compatriot and I got into a bit of a scuffle over who should be allowed to approach her.” The silver Vyorm said, bowing again.

“Name calling, really?” Desril asked incredulously. “While I admit I am not royalty like this one here, I am still a noble in my lands, and have just as much to offer to Alina should a relationship actually go anywhere between us. Of course I would never dream of attempting to consort with Alina without her mother’s permission.” Desril said smoothly before settling back a smile on his face.

“Don’t listen to this commoner’s lies. I would of course have asked for her parents’ permission before attempting a relationship, but I prefer to do that after speaking with a woman. After all if the woman has no interest in me then talking to her parent’s first only leads to more issues down the road. You and her father would have been the next stop on my road.” Vyorm retorted, turning his attention from Desril back to Fren.

Fren blinked as the silver introduced him self. Though beyond that remained neutral. Then the storm shot a comment at the silver before introducing him self quickly and with out the buttering up. She folded her arms across her chest when the silver said he'd ask her and Alina's father second.

She looked at the 2 for a few moments before focusing on the silver "In my peoples culture and my husbands, its custom to get the parents blessing before hand, otherwise it could lead to much worse issues down the road then just a broken heart." she said sternly.

She then reguarded both of them "Now, I want whats best for my daughter, and will ensure she gets the best, which means she won't be allowed to settle for anyone that may not have her best interest at heart. since you both want her, I would like to get to know you both a bit better, as well as I'll have a word with my daughter and my husband. In the mean time, show your selfs respectfully, and honestly." she said looking at Desril "sound like a plan?" she asked. She would not deny them, but right now so far, the silver did not have good chances of her approval, she did not want one that trys to manipulate others to get what he wants, and being a suck up was one of those.

((ouch, that would suck, well hope you get it returned soon or enough funds come in to get another soon man, in the mean time I'll keep an eye out for your posts smile.gif ))

Vyorm seemed slightly taken aback at Fren's scolding, obviously not used to having such a thing happen, but he recovered after a few seconds and nodded.

"My apologies then. I did not mean offense, it's just that in my... Social circles, asking a females parents for permission to court said female is tantamount to arranging a betrothal. Since Alina is not of noble birth, I had not considered that asking her parents might mean something different to them." Vyorm explained carefully. Strangely enough his words seemed sincere, as though he truly was remorseful.

When asked if they both agreed to Fren's terms the two males gave each other appraising looks before finally nodding and murmuring affirmatives.

"I understand that you need time to talk to your husband and daughter, but how will we arrange this so that each of us has a fair chance with Alina?" Desril asked suddenly. "And what's to keep one from sabotaging the others efforts?"

"You dare question my honor?" Vyorm asked, anger in his eyes. He drew himself up into a fighting stance for a few seconds before sighing and relaxing. "Unfortunately you are right in that such things could happen. That is why I propose the courting agreement." Vyorm said. "It is a very old set of laws designed for more important things, such as arranged marriages between ruling houses. Such unions would raise the power of both houses considerably, which means that competition between different suitors was fierce. The agreement is simple and consists of two parts. The first is the agreement between all suitors that each has the right to at least one attempt to woo the female in question, and the second is an agreement that neither party, either directly, or indirectly, shall attempt to sabotage the other interested parties chances with the female. It is in short an agreement of honor between males that says simply may the best of us win." Vyorm explained.

Desril sat and considered this for a second, trying to decide what if anything was left open for either side to exploit.

"What's to keep one of us from breaking the agreement?" He asked finally.

"It's a matter of honor, and to break it would first prove to the female that the male in question is unworthy, and second would make the one that broke the agreement lose a great deal of influence and respect in the social circles. Many a family has been destroyed by breaking such an agreement." Vyorm explained.

"Ok, what happens if Alina doesn't want to go out with one of us but does the other?"

"The agreement states that all parties have the chance to woo her at least once. Normally this is done with a female of noble birth which means it would be expected of her to entertain each of us at least once, but in this case I think we can agree that if she chooses not to give one or both of us a chance then that is the way it is."

Desril frowned some more, turning the whole thing over, before finally giving a small sigh.

"I'll agree because us fighting behind her back doesn't exactly make us look like males worthy of her attention. So, let's make this agreement and get on with it." Desril said, holding out one paw and grasping Vyorm's. They both shook but seemed to be doing their best to crush the others paw one handed. After a few seconds of this they finally let go and murmured their thanks to Fren again before wandering off in opposite directions.

Alina meanwhile had finally spotted Fren and walked over, her scales and paws dusty and scuffed up from all the digging she had been doing.

"Hi mom." She said, looking after each of the male dragons. "Who were they? They've been hanging around all day watching me and I was getting a little scared. I thought maybe they were sent by Nuria or something." She said with a nervous giggle.

Fren watched them speak and smiled a little as they came to an agreement. Though was a bit annoyed but accepted Vyorms explanation of why he had not asked her or Guthrie first.

Once they had done there paw shake she "I'll send word to you both when we can introduce you to the family that is here." she said after them, this time her voice more neutral and not stern. Seemed both where true in there desire for Alina, much so to make a deal with each other, granted she had to make it clear they had to behave in a respectible manner. And not fight each other like she had seen.

She watched them leave then turned to Alina and smiled giving her daughter's dusty head a gentle nuzzle before speaking "Seems you've began to take notice in some eye's Alina, those 2 where indeed following you and it seems your a popular dragoness." she said smiling a little "Vyorm is the silver one, and Desril is the storm grey one." she explained "I'll be having a word with your father, and then we'll arrange a visit with them, both want to meet you, but all things considered, I and your father would like to be there when they meet you..... more so for me after what was said..." she shook her head "If you do decide to go with one, I'll set something up for you 2 and with Guthrie's approval, it will ensure the truth of his and your feelings towards each other, my people have what we call the cleansing, a period over 2 weeks of where the couple must endure, they can back out at any time, but if they do, they forfit there love to each other." she explained and raised her hand to stop Alina from asking questions "Its done to make sure the couple can support each other through thick and thin, which is critical. It ensures that if you and your future partner do make it through, you would have done so together, and as a result, true feelings will be out in the open for the other to see." she explained.

"Now these trials can very, sometimes the trials can be unplanned, a example is how Guthrie and I met, There where a few times when he or I or both of us could have been killed, back at the time before we unlocked his creators tech, his people over all, would sooner of killed us, and a few times they tried, even after he and I married." she said pointing to her scar on her face. "The point is Alina, Guthrie and I want the best for you, however a diamond is not just there, its created through extreme heat and pressure, and while where not going to cook you both and smush you, don't worry about that, but we'll test you both. Its for you protection, his protection, and to ensure your feelings are not broken in the future like Pedals where." she explained. She remember the day one of Pedals last notes that had arrived before they returned to the castle, The poor girl had married, only to find out her husband only married her for her property, once he had it and knew they could not give it back to her, he had thrown her out.

Alina got a confused look on her face as she turned her head to watch both of the dragons leave, unsure what Fren meant about being popular. The moment Fren and Guthrie's relationship was mentioned however, her eyes widened and she could feel her skin begin to darken and blush.

"W-why do they want to meet me?" She stammered, her mind going annoyingly blank.

She didn't seem to want to believe that they thought she was beautiful, even after Fren explained the reasons.

"I um, I guess I could say hi." Alina said after Fren had explained what was going to happen. "But I..." She shrugged nervously and simply sat there, her thoughts sluggishly stirring themselves through different scenarios. She had to admit that they were both good looking, but she didn't know anything about boys at all. Then on top of that she was a little gun shy after what had happened to petals, and after what Nuria had threatened to do to her.

"As long as you're there when I say hi to them." Alina said nervously.

(So I got my phone back luckily, and I know this post is short, I'm just wondering if we want to time skip to the dinner with Avira, or if you want to have Fren and Guthrie discuss the whole Alina thing before that. Give me an answer and I can add another response including your answer.)

(Awesome glad you got your phone back ^^ and alrighty think Fren would talk with Guthrie first.)

Fren nodded and knelt down to her level and put her hands on Alina's cheeks "Both Guthrie and I will be there Alina, and don't feel like you'd have to chose now, or then or later alright?" she assured her daughter before standing up "Lets find dad, he'll run him self into a coma at times I swear." she said trying to get some humor out. Granted, was not a strong point of hers.

Guthrie and the other medics had gotten the injuries taken care of, and now we're just tending to the patients needs as they recovered. The good thing about magic was that recovery only lasted a few hours at most before the soldier could be sent on their way. That meant that while the time during and immediately after the battle there was a huge influx of patients, the flow slowly tapered off over the next hour or two until barely any were coming in at all.

When Fren and Alina found Guthrie he seemed to have taken over the entire medical area and was running it with smooth efficiency. At the moment he was covered in blue blood, his hands inside a patients chest as glowing energy flowed through him and into the patient. Nurses and other helpers moved around the bed and performed different tasks as Guthrie ordered, each with practiced skill.

At last Guthrie pulled his hands out of the things chest, energy still flowing down and into the body, sealing the wound behind himself as he ordered another medic to pour some more edgy into the soldier.

"... And when she wakes up do a checklist, get her some food, water, that sort of thing. Make sure she gets at least three hours of bedrest, and drinks three cups of purified water, that will help her body regenerate blood faster." He said, nodding to Fren as he went to a nearby door which stood open.

He entered it and the sound of water could be heard along with a long sigh, followed by the sounds of scrubbing, then a long roar of a powerful blow dryer.

A minute or two passed before Guthrie came back out, clean once more, and drying the damp parts of himself with a towel which he quickly placed into a basket near the door.

"Hey you two." Guthrie smiled, coming over and giving Alina a hug, then kissing Fren. "What're you doing here? Dinners not for another four or five hours."

"Dad, mom and I wanted to talk to you." Alina said, causing Guthrie to frown.

"That sounds serious." He said, gesturing for the two women to follow him. "Cmon, we can go talk in here."

The door Guthrie led them to brought them into a small bedroom that was unoccupied currently.

Guthrie closed the door behind the group and locked it, then sat on the bed and gestured for Fren to join him.

"So what's up?" He asked curiously.

Alina and Fren barely got two paragraphs into the explanation before Guthrie was shaking his head and floating into his 'standing' position.

"No, no way. You're to young to even be thinking about that sort of..." He shook his head and glared at Fren. "I can't believe you're even considering this. She's barely even 12 and you're considering letting those two adolescents near her?" He asked incredulously.

"Dad we're not adolescents." Alina said loudly over his objections.

"You're 12!" He yelled, throwing his hands in the air.

"And Petals was only 7 when she began to see people." Alina countered.

"Well yes but that's because Petals kind grows at a much faster rate, and look what happened to her." Guthrie admitted grudgingly.

"So do dragons! My parents said so! I can remember when I first hatched. I talked within a minute of seeing mom! According to my parents I'm only three years away from adulthood by my people's standards. Petals didn't marry until right before we left, which means she was about my age now. I don't want to get married right now anyway. It never even occurred to me that they were there until they told mom, but if they're interested... Then what's the harm in just seeing what they're like?"

"There's plenty of harm Alina." Guthrie said quietly. "They could hurt you in any number of ways, they could take advantage of you, they could do any number of things, and I don't want to lose you to some adolescent who doesn't deserve you. I don't want you to be hurt." He murmured quietly.

"Dad, moms already said that they won't meet me without you two there, and I'll be careful, I promise." Alina said, hugging Guthrie around the middle.

Guthrie took a deep breath and nodded after a few seconds, hugging Alina back.

"Ok Alina." He said quietly. "I trust you, just be careful. I was a teenager once too, and they aren't known for making good decisions. Promise me that you'll be different." He said, looking Alina in the eye as she promised.

"Ok, I suppose you have a plan of attack Fren?" Guthrie asked, looking up at his wife thoughtfully.

Fren frowned when Guthrie glared at her. "Alina's a dragoness, and from what we've seen mentally she's at least in her teens, some beings age faster then others." she said in responce. She let the 2 speak before she looked at Guthrie and sighed. "I told the 2 males to first off to start behaving in a respectable and honest manner. Which they both straighted right away a bit, so much so they went from nearly biting each others throat out to agreeing on a deal to allow each other to meet Alina on our terms." she started "I'm thinking we'll have them meet Alina one at a time, simply because from what I read in a few things, judging how they where behaving at first, they might fight if I have them both show at the same time." she admitted "So tomorrow, assuming where all alive and not in a constant fight, we'll have one over mid morning, and the other between mid day meal and dinner." she said "They both get to meet Alina as long as she's ok with that, and we get to meet them as well." she finished off saying.

;"I've already explain a matter to Alina, and I'd like to talk to you about it in private after to nights dinner. You remember what I told you about couples of those of my race? What needs to happen before they marry? To ensure Alina does not as large of chance of suffer what many others have, I want to talk to you about possible trials." she said.

"Other then that, I'm thinking we'll invite the storm one first, Desril is his name, he was more up front and honest when I met him, unlike the silver who tried sucking up to me." she said frowning at the memory.

Guthrie nodded quietly as Fren laid out her plan, then looked at Alina.

"Ok, that's how we'll do it then." He said after a moments thought. "We can't do it tonight because your mother and I already agreed to eat with Avira and Logan this evening. Tomorrow we can devote more time and energy to this, but until then could you stay away from those two, for me?" Guthrie asked. "Just until tomorrow?"

Alina gave a joke sigh and rolled her eyes but smiled and nodded, coming over to Guthrie and hugging him as he hugged her. "Promise." She said, her eyes closed as she leaned against Guthrie. "I'm going to go back to the room and learn." Alina said, referencing the book her parents had left her. "I'll lock the door and everything, I promise." She said before Guthrie could say anything.

Guthrie finally nodded and held out an arm to Fren before leading the way in the opposite direction from their room.

"You know I might have learned something interested while I was working today." He said slyly as they walked. "About a place where two people could go and relax in a quiet place, alone and away from distractions." He said, glancing around and opening a door. He continued to lead the way through a number of different doors until they opened the door into what looked like a bathhouse, complete with hot springs, rubbing oils, and other objects that every spa needed. Guthrie flicked the lock closed with a satisfying clunk, then turned to Fren.

"Miss you are horribly stressed." Guthrie said, leading Fren over to a massage table where he began to remove her armor slowly. "I think a few hours of relaxation is just what the lovely woman needs." He continued, ignoring any objections and beginning to massage and pamper his wife.

(I don't really have any sort of plan for anything until when Alina meets Desril, not even for the dinner. If you want to do something then go for it, otherwise feel free to time skip.)

Fren smiled a little, Alina right now was more creeped out by the 2 males that liked her then anything else. Keeping her away from the 2 males won't be hard at all, not after what the monster in Jak's body had said. She gave Alina a quick hug before letting her daughter take off. She took Guthrie's hand and he began to lead her away from there room. Which puzzled her but she did not complain. She tilted her head to the side when he mentioned learning something. Apparently a place to get away from everything and its distractions. She glanced around the room then heard the thunk of the lock being set and she turned around. She blinked as he lead her to a table of some sort. Then after a few motions she had taught him instructed her armor to morph open. She sighed and stepped out of it as he said a few hours of relaxation was what she needed.

She did not resist, Guthrie would not take a no for an answer anyway when he got like this. And she was very stressed, losing Jak, the war, 2 unknown males wanting her daughter, knowing what the enemy wants Alina for, and oddly enough, for Vita as well, ever since they got to the main base of his, where Bor and his siblings seemed to also set up main base as it turns out, Vita had been fighting on the front lines since they arrived.

She sighed and closed her eye's as Guthrie messaged her upper back as he applied gentle prssure to her upper lungs in the area.

After Guthrie finally let her up from everything she returned the favor, grooming his fur, messaging and pampering him as well. From what Guthrie had seen, he was as tense as heck as well, seeing all the war wounds. Afterwards they both almost melted in the hot spring pools.

Later that evening, Nuria's had not done a new offensive yet and as Guthrie and Fren made way to meet up with Avira and Logan for dinner, word had it Vita was sending assult teams of his units to keep the pressure on the enemy forces and buy the allies more time to recover. "If Vita was flesh and blood, I'd order him to get some rest." she commented as the messanger left to inform the others.

The dinner was good, the scent of Avira and Logan mixing in more ways then one told her just how well they where faring, if not a little worried there untrained minds where unable to control the hormonal impulses. The steak tasted good, better then rations.

After they finished the dinner the 2 couples went there different ways, when they reached there quarters and entered it Fren gave Alina a big hug after she put her armor away that right now looked like a small pool of silver fluid that hung onto her hand till she put it down. She held the hug for a good few moments before saying good night. Once Fren and Guthrie got to there bed and closed the door she laid down first and rolled to her side giving Guthrie a inviting yet dominate smile. "One more thing to do that is also known to remove stress." she said.

The next morning Fren woke up and got up after giving Guthrie's sleeping form a kiss. She cked on Alina to make sure her daughter was still there, not because she did not trust Alina, but she did not want to lose anyone else. She rejoined Guthrie in bed and held him close. "Morning love, time to wake up and prep for the introductions."

Guthrie woke when Fren rejoined him in bed, pulling himself close to her where he began to gently coil around her like a snake. Finally he lay against her, his palm cupping her cheek, his eyes staring into hers as he gently leaned in and kissed her.

"I love you." He whispered, giving another soft kiss. "I don't want Alina to be hurt though." He kissed Fren again, then let his fingers trace a line down Fren's arm. "It seemed to natural for us." Guthrie continued softly. "I just saw you, and I thought to myself; there's a woman who I could love. There's someone who is brave, strong, driven, and completely sure of herself. Neither of us knew what we were doing, and then things just sort of happened on their own. I just worry that these two boys are more concerned with looks or prestige or whatever else they might be worried about." Guthrie went silent for a few moments after this, before finally shaking his head and kissing Fren again. "Or maybe I'm just being overprotective and these two aren't as bad as they sound." He gave a small smile before floating off into the restroom to clean up for the day, but more importantly for their visitor. After that it was merely a matter of waiting as both Alina and Fren cleaned themselves up and they waited for the time to arrive.

Fren and Guthrie had agreed the night before that they would have Desril arrive at 9:30 both to gauge his punctuality, and so he could join them for a nice breakfast.

It was 9:24 when there came a knock on the door, which Guthrie answered, leaving Fren and Alina sitting in the living area inside.

"Oh um, hello." Desril said, a little flustered having opened the door to neither Alina nor Fren, but instead a very strange looking being. He had heard that Alina's father was a highly unusual looking race but nothing had prepared him for this. "Yes well, my name is Desril, and I was told that I should come here at 9:30 to meet Alina and her parents, and to join them for breakfast." He said, recovering quickly. "Oh, I brought food from the kitchens." He said, turning and using a paw to drag a cart to the door. "It's Shalndee haunches fried in Geenta oil with a side of fresh Hopa bread." Desril said quickly, removing the tops from different platters as he explained what each dish was. "I checked with the cooks that this would be ok for everyone to eat because it's a special from my home." Desril finished, sitting back nervously.

Guthrie frowned down at the storm dragon, hovering a bit further off the ground then normal to make himself taller. To be honest he was impressed with the thought that had been shown by this one, as well as the care that had been shown with the food. On the other hand a tiny part of Guthrie also liked to see the young dragon squirm, giving him a reason to remain silent longer then needed before nodding and leading the way into the dining rooms.

Desril looked around with interest as he entered the living quarters, but immediately went to stand a respectful distance away from Alina and presented her with a wrapped box.

"Good morning Alina." He said carefully, obviously having practiced this a lot before now. "My name is Desril and I had hoped that we could maybe get to know each other." Desril said as diplomatically as he could. "Oh, I brought you a gift for your hoard, may it grow ever larger." He gestured to the box which Alina carefully unwrapped, revealing a pearl the size of a small apple within. "It is one of the wonders that grow in the lake/ocean where my families estate is located." He said, nervous as Alina looked at the pearl.

"I, thank you." She said finally. "It's beautiful, but it must be worth a lot, I can't take something like that from you."

Desril shook his head quickly, a smile on his lips. "No, it's a tradition, a gift, a thing of beauty for a beautiful dragon." He said, watching as Alina smiled back and carefully put the pearl back in its box. She quickly ran off to her room and placed it on the small table, then returned and sat at the table where the food was being laid out.

Once everything was ready and everyone was sat down with food in front of them everyone began to eat.

It didn't take long for Guthrie to begin questioning, although Desril surprisingly managed to answer quickly and in a satisfactory way.

It turned out that Desril's family was an upper class noble on a planet rich in resources. While not politically powerful his family did control one of the 17 landlocked oceans that were spattered across the planets vast surface. Controlling even one of these was a guarantee that the family would be rich for as long as the planet survived.

The family was mostly concerned with the various trade agreements having to do with the resources coming and going from their ocean, while still helping and protecting the citizens that provided said resources.

"How did you end up here in this war?" Guthrie asked, perplexed that a merchants son had been allowed anywhere near a battlefield.

"Oh, well truth be told I sort of didn't tell my family I was leaving until I was, you know, already gone." Desril said, nervously shifting from foot to foot.

"So you ran away." Guthrie said, eyeing the young dragon over his glass of water.

"I... Yes sir." Desril admitted quietly, not even looking up anymore.

"How come you ran away?" Alina asked, fascinated with everything Desril had said so far. "Why not just ask to go?"

"I um, well I..." Desril began, stopping and looking down once more. He took a deep breath, then let it out and continued. "When Edarok, um Bor to you, when he came asking for help the only thing my family did was start talking about talking about how much they could raise prices to get the best profits. They wanted to sell the same stuff for three times the price, and I didn't want to be part of that. So first I went to my father Calth, and told him what I thought. He just said I didn't understand business and that if I wanted to be successful like him then I'd have to make hard choices. So then I told him that what he was doing was wrong and that I wanted to go and fight for Bor. He told me no, and we got into this huge fight which ended with both of us storming out of the room. That night I decided to leave and come help Bor, do the right thing when it comes to this war instead of taking advantage of it." Desril concluded. He took a long drink, unsure of what else to say while Guthrie gave Fren a quick look across the table.

"Wow, that was really brave." Alina said, obviously as impressed with Desril as Guthrie was starting to be. "I'd be really scared to run away like that. Your parents must be really worried though. Don't you miss them?" She asked, concern in her voice.

"I um, well yes, but I haven't really had much of a chance to think about them." Desril said carefully. "It's been kind of busy with the war and all." He joked feebly.

"I bet they miss you and are worried." Alina said, obviously still concerned.

"Yes I-I suppose they are." Desril said, shifting in his seat nervously again.

"So Desril, when you aren't running off to fight wars without permission, what do you do with yourself?" Guthrie asked, shutting down Alina's continued line of questioning about how Desril and his parents felt. "Do you have a job in your families business?"

"Oh yes I do." Desril said after a brief pause to take a bite of food and switch gears. "I'm actually in charge of helping with some of the crops as well as other issues having to do freak weather." He explained.

"How do you do that?" Guthrie asked with interest, taking a sip of water as he waited.

"Oh um, well I can control weather to certain degrees." Desril said, trying to remain casual. "So it's simple to fix a problem like lack of water for crops. I just go over and make a rainstorm. It's fun but it's hard because it takes a lot of effort to make things happen but that's just because I'm young. The older our family gets the more power they have. The oldest living family member is my great-great-great-great-grandfather and he's over 6500 years old. Nobody's seen him let loose in two millennia but the few who last saw it say that he controlled so much power that he could have destroyed everything in our hemisphere if he'd wanted to. I can only make it start and stop raining, but he could do almost anything. They say that he could make the air seem like it was underwater there was so much rain, that there was only one long crack of lightning it struck so loud and so often. They say that his wings and talons were so dark, so black and blue that during his thunderstorms he would disappear completely. That the reason he made such huge storms wasn't just to show his power, it was to give himself cover. They say that during those storms the specter of death himself would come up to fly with my grandfather, to try and take his soul to eternal rest because it's time had come. But grandfather made those storms so that he could hide from death, and he would fly and fight death, until finally grandfather would get behind death, grasp deaths throat in his talons and say the same thing every time.

"Today is not my time, come back during the next age to try again old friend, and see if you can take me then." And every time death would merely nod and fly off, knowing that he had been bested, and knowing that the only way he would ever claim grandfather's soul was to wait patiently until grandfather finally grew bored with life and allowed death to take him." Desril said, finishing the story with a slight hush like one would end any good ghost story.

"Not really the answer to my question, but interesting nonetheless." Guthrie said with a smile as Desril blushed light grey.

"Your grandpa's 6500 years old?" Alina asked in astonishment. "My mom and dad didn't even reach a quarter of that and they were huge! He has to be as big as this castle!"

"Um well not that big, but my fathers almost 250 long and grandfather's four of him easy."

Edited by Ryujin13

(Sorry about the delay, had work today when I normally don't)

Fren smiled and wrapped Guthri in her arms as he slowly wrapped him self around her. She hugged him closely and let him breath as he spoke. She smiled "Like you said, neither of us knew what was going on, up till then I had hardly let my self any time for such things." she admitted.

After Guthrie had cleaned up she went in next and after Alina had done so she groomed her daughter and made sure every single scale was shiny. She wanted her daughter looking her best, and even though there where some battle scars from resent fights, if Alina asked about it, she just said it shows Alina can hold her own, a very important trait.

When it neared 9:30 she took her seat the the table and waited. Though it turned out Desril decided to show up a few min early. Promising start. With him explaining a few things to Guthrie as Fren's husband took the moment to ensure Desril knew who the father was, the male dragon was allowed in. He gave Alina a large pearl and insisted when the dragoness tried to gently refuse it. As they did this Fren got up to put the food Desril brought onto the table. Afterwards, the questions began.

One thing Fren liked about Guthrie, while he might not always be the most grounded person, when it came to family, he did and asked everything he felt was needed well. Turns out this male dragon had ran away from his family that apparently tried to exploit the war. This put a few warning bells in her head, he might of subconshusly picked up on some of that when he was in there influence, though thankfully such was not being displayed if so.

He got going about his great-great-great-great-grandfather. She nodded listening to all this, and when he finished and the table lapsed into silence Fren spoke up "ITs very nobel of you to leave your family and not engage in there exploiting practices. It says a lot about one who chooses to help those in need, and not milk them for there survival." she said giving him a nod "However there are a few things, first off, how are females of your kind treated? And if Alina does decide to go with you, what are your plans for the future?" she asked looking right into his eye's with her's.