Ryujin13

Little lost dragon and I

Guthrie worked fast on the circle, pulling as much energy as he could from the air and from the staff without draining himself to much, and binding them into the glyphs that he began to create around its circumference. One by one glowing marks almost a foot across began to appear around the circle, in this case about 15 feet across, causing the circle itself to glow.

Soon there were seven glyphs spaced evenly around the circle with hundreds of smaller runes following the circle from one glyph to another. When he was done, Guthrie sat back on his coils and took a shuddering breath. He was trying to ignore what he knew his daughter was doing. He was scared for her, and he was afraid for himself, because if she died he would have to live with that for the rest of his life. He would have failed her, and that was something he couldn't stand to consider.

"When Jak arrives, it will take a minute to prepare the spell. Speak your piece then." Guthrie said, not even looking over at Fren when she joined him.

"When the spells ready, both you and Alina will need to be physically touching Jak. Hold on no matter what. There won't be pain but even I don't know what all you'll feel. Just remember not to let go or the spell will fail." He said, squeezing his eyes shut as a large explosion went off down the stairs.

Alina gave Fren a hug before her mother went to join Guthrie, holding tight for a few seconds before turging and disappearing in a poof of shadow.

Alina was putting on a brave face, and she wanted to do this for Jak, but inside she was also terrified. She couldn't stop running through the what-if's which was maddening. That being said the task at hand was also the only thing keeping her from truly thinking about what she had done.

Shaking herself back to the task at hand Alina began to navigate her way through the shadows towards where Guthrie was. It was exceedingly hard to concentrate on her location with the turmoil in the realm she was walking through, but finally she reached her destination, took a deep breath, and rematerialized in the castle.

All around Alina there was chaos, with a constant hail of projectiles raining down on the attacking army. Thousands had already died here and the battle was still in balance. Still, the chaos worked to Alina's advantage as nobody noticed a new being appearing in their midst.

It took Alina a few seconds to spot Jak, who was standing about 50 feet behind her.

Alina knew she couldn't risk another jump to get closer because either Jak or Nuria would feel the energy of she did it again so soon.

Without a second though Alina pushed her way into the crowd and began to work her way towards Jak, keeping low so he wouldn't see her. A clear area was set around Jak that was deflecting projectiles as well, which was why he wasn't dead already.

Alina barely brushed the circle and Jak whirled, his eyes widening and roar coming forth as he charged Alina, his flaming sword held high.

Alina dodged to the side, only barely evading the backswing of the blade as Jak came at her again. It quickly became a deadly game as Jak did his best to kill Alina, and Alina did her best to grasp Jak.

Finally an opening presented itself as Jak made a downwards swing.

Alina moved back and allowed the sword to hit the ground, then raised up on her rear legs and put all her weight into mashing Jak's hands into the ground.

The sword clattered away as Jak gave a yowl of pain, allowing Alina the time to grasp him from behind and disappear once more.

The trip back was quicker due to the fact that Alina could see Guthrie's circle and her mother and father next to it, but was harder because Jak was doing his best to hurt her.

When they appeared in the circle Jak had managed to gash Alina in multiple places and had given a dragon if equivalent of a black eye to Alina.

Guthrie acted instantly and put a surge of power into his finger before touching the circle and creating the bubble.

Jak kept fighting for another ten seconds before he blinked and narrowed his eyes at Alina. They travelled over the dragon before falling on Fren as well.

"Why do you look familiar?" He asked, his voice a deep rumble. "I've seen pictures of you in my mind when I sleep. My love says I am supposed to hurt you. Why don't I want to?" He asked, genuinely confused. "I don't know that one, and it is not of my loves forces. It will be burned away in order to make room for my loves perfect existance. Still, I see you two and I want to... To talk. Why is that? What magic is this?" He asked, his words starting calm but quickly becoming angry.

"Jak it's me Alina!" Alina said, tears on her cheeks. "Remember? You're my best friend, and you were there when I hatched. You taught me to belch and we played games, please remember..." Alina begged, crying as she watched Jak's face contort in confusion, looking between Alina and Fren.

Fren had her helmet morph off her face so he'd get a clear view of it as soon as he showed up. She walked closer to him slowly to not raise his guard. "Its us Jak, Alina and I, Fren, we did not always agree on things, but you used to be with us as we faced this place. with some.... persuasion, you became like a son to me." she said "Your.... love too advantage of your desires, she then took you from us when Kara died. You remember her right? the phoenix girl, she lost her memory and you 2 became close." she said "Varren took you under his wing, you looked up to him like you would to a father. the purple naga." she said gently. byt now though Guthrie was most likely about to lose the field. While it was very risky, she hugged him, she had only done so with him once before, she could not recal why at the time, but she hoped it would help him come to, and provide Guthrie a close enough proximity to channel the needed magic through her connection to Jak that Medad made.

Jak took a step back from Fren when the woman began to talk, and the only reason he didn't attack when she hugged him was the strange memories that she kept bringing up. Alina was quick to grab hold as well, which caused Jak to start struggling. This lasted for only an instant though as Guthrie began to chant and the circle flared up, causing energy to arc around the circle, grounding itself on the glyphs.

To Fren and Alina though the world went black as they witnessed Jak's brainwashing. It was gradual, and, just like predicted, had included drugs, sex, pain, and pleasure, all of it aimed at creating the perfectly loyal soldier. The whole time small visions of the group, especially Kara, could be seen, but towards the end they had completely disappeared.

As suddenly as it started the whole thing stopped, leaving the three of them standing there.

Jak still looked confused while Alina just looked sick after what she had seen. From down the stairs there was an ear-splitting scream of rage as Nuria felt the link disintegrate and her pawn disappear.

Jaks head whipped up at this and he began to move towards the scream, a snarl on his face. He punched the first thing that got in his way, flattening the poor creature before breaking its neck with a stomp of his foot. Other soldiers looked up at the shriek of pain and immediately piled onto Jak, who began to put up a fight.

Within seconds a brawl had erupted, with bodies flying everywhere as more and more soldiers turned to face the threat.

Jak was a blur of movement that fought like a cornered animal until he turned to find himself facing Bor, who proceeded to punch Jak once into an unconscious heap. He quickly tapped Jak's shoulder and sent a tiny arc of energy to him, then turned to the soldiers.

"You four, bind him and move him to a private holding cell. Remove his armor and if needed provide him with some clothes. Give him food and water, but make sure you give him nothing that could be used as weapons. Any trinkets, necklaces, rings, bracelets or the like are to be placed with the armor and thrown into a blessed fire. Nobody goes in or out of that room without my permission. Understand?"

He got a resounding chorus of 'yes sir' before activity resumed and the war continued.

"I know you wish to talk but I have an extremely angry family member to deal with right now. For the moment we've blunted her attack and it looks like she's moving back to regroup. You all go get rest, the spell Guthrie put on you is going to run out soon and I can't spare the people to drag you off to a room. I've arranged for sleeping quarters to be given for you all, they're over there near the medical wing. Avira hasn't woken yet, and I've increased the sleep spell for another eight hours, long enough for you all to get some shuteye. Now I really need to go." Bor said, giving Alina a quick hug before disappearing again.

(It's no problem, God knows I've been feeling crappy lately. The room they end up in is a usual room, a bed for Fren and Guthrie, a room for Alina, a bathroom, etc...)

Fren figured the methods of brain washing had been used on him when she saw them. Disgusting but predictable. When it finished she let go and Jak seemed enraged, he began to move towards his old master but got into a brawl, Bor showed up and quickly put a stop to that. She nodded as Jak's unconscious body was dragged away. She knew which spell Bor was talking about. "Thank you, and good luck." she said as he vanished before she looked at Alina and Guthrie "Lets get some rest, we'll continue our work with Jak afterwards." she said making way back through the base.

She got about half way before she collapsed slowly to the floor. When the others saw the front of her armor, Jaks struggle had hit her a few times, and got her a few times, the armor was healing up but she her self was spent. When Guthrie rushed up and began to heal her "Guess I'm getting a bit frail in my age." she said with a couph.

Vita turned and walked over to one of the genrals that was helping tend to his squads men while the enemy forced regrouped. "Before the next enemy push, inform Bor I'm am giving him control of the completed Vehicle factory along with the units it produces from here on. However it takes twice as long to make said units but they are much stronger then the K-bots, Reccomend units in this fight are the bulldog, a very heavy, armored tank with duel plasma guns on a 360 degree turret, the Samsun, a long range missle support truck, and the penetrator, slow, not well armored to allow for mobility, but long range sniper. However not the penetrators death results in a powerful explosion, take care to keep repaired, the bulldog tank though can work well as mobile cover as well, and the samsun is the lightest, but fastest unit to make." he explained "Relay orders through this bot here." he said as a small bot came up, it had no guns but displayed it could cloak before decloaking "Also, don't be afriad about the K-bots lives, they are all cloned, and the clones have pain reseptors turned off in combat, when one dies, its given the next bot a factory produces. Final note, beware the front og the big birtha." he said pointing to the massive cannon being made "Its a long range heavy bonbarding weapon, capapble of shooting across planets with enough fire power to take out even a armored fusion reactor in only 2 hits, It fired though once every 2 min, as long as the power supply is kept, it can firing every time its charged. However if the enemy gets too close, it can not fire." he said

Edited by little lost dragon

The general that Vita found withdrew a data pad as Vita spoke, quickly typing out what Vita said before nodding and thanking him. After that the general nodded tothe group and hurried off to supervise the efforts to reinforce the defenses.

The walk back to the groups room was quick enough, and it only took a single question to find the room they had been assigned.

The closer they got to their room however the more the group was shown how much the war was costing.

The casualties were appalling, with the wounded placed anywhere they could be placed, and the numbers were still growing. Thousands were hurt in one way or another, almost all of them badly, but they were dwarfed by the number of dead, easily hitting the tens of thousands.

Alina was looking even more ill then before, and when they reached their quarters she almost immediately threw up in the toilet, unable to take the sights that she was seeing.

She didn't talk much besides a couple of small answers before going and falling asleep, her eyes distant and far away as they closed.

Guthrie went a took a shower next, quickly cleaning himself and healing the few scratches he had received before leaving the restroom. After that he waited quixey until Fren was done cleaning herself before leading the way to their bed and laying down.

"I think Alina's in a form of shock." Guthrie said quietly as he put his arms around Fren and held her close.

"She's been acting strange since she took on that dragon. She killed a lot today, so talking to her probably wouldn't hurt." Guthrie suggested, leaning in a be kissing Fren lightly.

He laid there with his wife for a few minutes before kissing Fren again.

"Fren, if you ever need to talk then I'm here, you know that right?" He asked quietly, brushing Fren's cheek with one hand. "I'll always be here for you."

Fren knelt down by Alina to confort her daughter after seeing the horrors of the war. She just hoped her daughters soft caring heart would still be there when they finally returned home some day. When Guthrie finished cleaning up she went in after and cleaned up, some of her blood mixed with her slime layer washed off, though a few scars remained of area's where her body had been slammed against the stone castle walls or something else.

When she came out she followed Guthrie to there bed and laid down with him. She kissed him back and nodded as he reminded her he was there for her. "And I'll always be here for you toos, as long as I breath." she said softly before getting up and finding Alina. she returned with her daughter and laid back down with Guthrie and invited the dragon to join them. Laying together as a family. She loosely wrapped her tail around Alina as they all snuggled together. "I love you both very dearly." she said gently "Alina, you did well today, you showed your self capable, and that you did indeed learn from those lessons, even the one that you kept rolling your eye's at me at the time." she said with a chuckle and kissed her daughter "If you need to let something out though, do so alright? confide in someone, be it Guthrie or I, someone, its..... not good to keep it all inside." she said knowing she had been guilty her self 10 ish years ago. She then looked at Guthrie "And you did well too hun, when need be, as before, you've shown your self able to over come your fears, and do what needs to be done." she said giving him a kiss.

Alina curled up with her parents and closed her eyes, but couldn't banish the memory of the red dragon from her mind. She began to cry as she relived the fight with him, especially his death, and continued to do so for awhile.

Guthrie noticed and gently reached in to wipe away the tears on his daughters face.

"I keep seeing him." Alina said finally, her voice barely above a whisper. "I hurt him, and he hurt me, but I watched him stop moving and his eyes went dark." She sobbed, covering her eyes with her paws. "I killed him and I-I felt good about it, and now I'm scared because... Because what if I'm like the people who serve Nuria now? I murdered that dragon and I felt good! I don't want to be a bad person, I just want to go home and see my brothers and sisters and be a family again!" Alina cried, her body shaking with emotion.

Guthrie hugged Alina then, rubbing the dragons back gently as she cried before glancing at Fren.

Truthfully he didn't know how to handle this sort of thing, never having been in combat before, and was hoping Fren could handle it.

(Short post, go ahead and time skip to either meeting up with Avira or going to see Jak.)

Fren held Alina close and nodded as Alina spoke. "In war death happens, its kill or be killed, Both sides of such things have to do that Alina, You felt a sense of accomplishment when he died, and while it maybe hard now, sadly it gets.... easier, but, never lose sight of the goal, the reason why you are fighting, I've..... killed more then I can count or care to remember, but that does not make me like Nuria's now does it? I killed so that way those I where fighting for could live another day, those that I protected could rest assured there safe, in this case Alina, killing that dragon you saved lives he would have otherwise taken, which could have been Guthrie and I's." she said gently "Your not like those that serve Nuria though Alina, you never will be, your too kind, too caring, and even a kind, gentle caring being, will do whats needed to help and ensure the life of there friends, family, and allies." she said giving Alina a gentle squeeze in the hug.

"War is never a good thing, and your seeing one of the reasons why, but don't focus on the death, focus on why your doing this, in this case we are fighting to preserve our family back home, we are fighting for a future of many many species and lives." she said "Keep that in mind, and when ever you feel a sense of feeling good when you kill a enemy, you feel good because that enemy will no longer threaten or aid your enemy in harming you, or those you fight to protect, and those that fight with you."

the next day Fren woke up first for once and she sighed holding her family together, her body was stiff and sore, even with Guthrie's magic, the body can only take so much before even charge ups and quick healing fails.

Alina's pass left her eyes so she could look at Fren while her mother spoke, her yellow eyes sad and filled with tears even though they watched Fren intently.

When Fren finished speaking Alina was silent, but managed to nod and curl in close to her mother to fall asleep, the tears drying on her scaly cheeks as her breathing quieted and her eyes closed.

Guthrie listened to all of this quietly, knowing that his presence would do more then words ever could. He waited for a few minutes after Alina fell asleep, then took Fren's cheek in one hand and guided her mouth to his.

The kiss was deep and long, and when it ended Guthrie gently stroked Fren's cheek before kissing her again.

"I love you Fren." He whispered, breaking the kiss once more. "Now and always." Another kiss followed before Guthrie finally pulled himself in close to Fren and fell asleep holding her to him, a smile on his lips because he knew his family was so close to him.

The next morning Alina was second to wake behind Fren, but it took her a few moments to even remember what all had happened. She was sore, covered in dried blood, and desperately needed to be cleaned, that much she knew. Then it all came back to her, the war, the fighting, the red dragon...

Alina shook her head quietly and gave a quick hug to her mother using her neck more than her legs, then rolled off the bed and trundled into the bathroom where a large shower sat, big enough to accommodate two of her. The controls were simple too, which meant that soon a steady stream of hot water was falling from hundreds of holes in the ceiling, washing the blood, dirt, and other debris from her scales to run down the drain.

Guthrie woke up at the sound of running water and looked around to see his wife laying with him still. Like he did every morning he forced himself to look at the scar on Fren's face, to remember how he had failed all that time ago. And just like always be would swear that he would die before he failed like that again, especially when it came to his family.

Guthrie smiled at Fren and moved himself to coil around Fren's legs lightly so that she was held to him until he released.

His arms hugged Fren close, and he proceeded to hold her tight, trying to convey all of his feelings to her in that one contact.

He didn't say anything, he just held her like he had done during times of hardship before, his hands tracing her scales his mouth meeting hers now and again as they kissed.

When Alina's shower ended Guthrie gave one last kiss and let Fren go, a smile on his lips as he sat up and stretched with her.

Alina had barely exited the bathroom when a loud knock on the door was heard, followed by Avira bursting in and pointing a finger at Guthrie.

"You!" She said, stalking closer angrily. "Stop doing that! Stop using magic on me without even bothering to ask! I mean I barely woke up and you put me back under? Then I wake up to find this spider thing messing with me, taking readings and doing uncomfortable things..." Avira said, giving a shudder when she mentioned the spider.

"Avira we had to go defend an outpost and you were going to be a hinderance." Guthrie said calmly.

"Well yeah but you could have just asked me to go with those soldiers." Avira said testily.

"Would you have gone?" Guthrie asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Well I might have considered it..." Avira mumbled after a moment of silence.

"Ok, so what I did was for the best in every instance. I'm sorry I didn't ask, next time I'll do so." Guthrie said diplomatically.

Alina had rejoined the group now and was watching as Avira took a seat on a couch looking thing.

"So are you feeling better?" Guthrie asked, changing the subject. "We captured Jak while you were away."

"Yeah there was a lot of talk about that when I woke up this morning." Avira said, rolling a shoulder as she spoke. "It's all the nurses would talk about while they finished up the tests this morning. They said he's tried to escape twice now and pointed out the casualties from both attempts. They were alive but in bad shape. I don't envy them that's for sure. Apparently now they've got him sealed in a sort of dimensional bubble that only Bor and Medad can access without being let in. They have to give him food and water by teleporting it in, they can't risk someone's life giving it by hand."

Guthrie nodded quietly while Alina looked down her eyes distant.

"I'm sure we'll be able to get him back though." Avira said quickly, spotting Alina's look. "It's just going to take a little time to get through to him. Before you know it you'll be able to talk to Jak just like you did before."

Alina gave a small smile at this, but knew what Guthrie had already said. The old Jak was gone and wouldn't be coming back. Nothing could bring back her best friend.

"As for me the nurses said I'm good to go. The pains stopped so that's something, and the docs say everything's functioning properly, which means that I can you know, have kids of I want to." Avira shrugged and seemed uncomfortable for a few seconds. "The hardest part is getting used to not having the implant. I don't have any of my old tools in my head, and without the display everything just seems so... Open." Avira said, pointing to her eye. "It's going to be weird getting used to."

Fren hugged Alina close before she watched her daughter leave the room and head off to clean her self, she remained there and laid there with her mate looking up at the ceiling thinking. It was not long though till Guthrie woke up, as normal he'd always look at her face, his eye's on her scar she had under her eye. she felt him coil around her thighs and hugged him back holding him close as he held her. She gently ran her hands through his fur as he traced her scales as they kissed.

Shortly after Alina's shower ended and they stretched a loud knock came before Avira came barreling in. After a quick banter between Avira and her mate Fren leaned against a wall just watching as Guthrie and Avira spoke, the fox girls scent was different now, as well as her signature, not because she was modified but.... more like unmodified. Natural again..... with heavy human influence.

She listened as Jak was mentioned and nodded. Getting Jak to remember would take work, and a lot of it, she had seen humans brain wash there own back in her days killing them. Getting one to come around afterwards only worked some of the times, either it worked which was rare, or they'd go crazy with there brains spazzing out, or nothing would change. Jak though, had been brain washed through magic and other means. Resulting in him almost accepting it not rejecting it, which will make things harder. But she remembered Medad commenting that she had more of a influence on him then she knew. She hoped that was true and could help them here.

She smiled as Avira mentioned having her organs working again, and not having implants. "Has a sense of freedom dosen't it?" she asked "Back with my people, we helped liberate some cyborg beings in the past, returned them to there natural body's, and while the mechanical parts might of enhanced this or that. one always feels better with out them in the long run." she said "However with your body's orans working now, you've had no practice nor have been taught in how to maintain your self in that manner." she commented "No worries, I can help you with that, but I'll save it for a more private time." she said before getting seriuse "Onto Jak again, I'd reccomend Alina and I have daily visits with him, Jak's not going to warm up to us again otherwise which will make the recalling process harder for both sides, as Alina and I speak with him and spend time with him, he'll slowly gain trust with us again, as the trust builds, his mind will be more willing to open, allowing his self to..... learn how to be in control once more. though, Alina? I must warn you, He'll most likely have a split personality thanks to Nuria, spending so much time brain washed can.... create a fake identity, which can seemingly fight back the old. in this time, he might not treat you at all like he used to or should. Once his old self can reinsert its self, then the real healing can begin." she explained before looking at Guthrie and Avira "He never saw you both, but if you have any suggestions on how to help him regain his memory and by extension eventually him self, provided it does not back fire, I'm all ears." she said

Avira nodded her thanks to Avira when offered her help, thankful that she had someone who knew how that stuff worked. She knew that human women had to do things at different times, she had seen the commercials after all, and as a child she had asked once, but overall knew little to nothing about any of it.

"I don't know, I guess it feels good, but it's also sort of lonely." Avira said, touching the spot behind her ear again. "When you've lived your whole life with something being apart of it... It's just weird not being able to use it anymore." She finished lamely with a shrug.

"As to Jak's um, problem. The closest I can think of was at the um... The place where I was captured. There it was more of a sense of Stockholm syndrome though. They used our implants to make us more sexually charged, then broke us down over the course of a few weeks, forced us to do degrading things for food, that sort of thing. After that we were forced to work for clients. The way they got in your head was through the simulator and application of pain and pleasure. Because they could control our bodies reactions they could make everything more pleasurable. The chimera who had been there longer were fully indoctrinated, they would do anything they were asked because they wanted to make the AI happy. If the AI was happy, they were treated well and privileges were given. Eventually they saw the AI as their master, and themselves as slaves. It was a gradual process and even my team and I were beginning to fall towards the trap when we escaped. This is different though, this has completely altered how Jak thinks, feels, and acts. It's brainwashing that's been completed and that's much harder to deal with." Avira sighed and scratched an ear absently as she thought. "I'm not a psychiatrist, but if I remember correctly you have to regain his trust and start reminding him of who you are and who he was. Don't talk about the war or Nuria, or anything else that could remind him. Just focus on the memories where he was normal. If you're going to go today then I'd go now because Bor and Medad will probably need your help later. The fighting still hasn't resumed so boss a good time as well." Avira said with a smile.

Alina nodded quietly at this and got up again before going to the door to wait for her mother. Guthrie came over with Fren and gave them both hugs and words of encouragement. When the two left they arrived into the same hall as before, except this time it was a bit calmer.

There weren't any bangs and explosions of weapons going off and everything seemed quiet for the moment.

Avira had given Alina and Fren both instructions on how to reach Jak's cell, and within a few minutes they both faced a guarded door that stood upright away from the wall.

"You've both been given leave to visit the prisoner by General Bor and General Medad. You are asked to please surrender all weapons before entering, do not give the prisoner anything without verifying with one of us first, do not attempt physical contact with the prisoner, and in case of emergency pull one of the red switches along the walls, they will alert us." One of the guards said, waiting until the weaponry was surrendered before opening the door and allowing Alina and Fren to enter.

The door led into a hallway about ten feet long that was guarded by another two guards. The door behind Alina and Fren closed and locked with a clang before the next door was opened. This door led into a well lit room that contained a clear box set into the center of the room. It was about 15 by 15 feet and contained a mattress on the ground, a pillow, and Jak, who currently had his hand bound behind his back, a chain running from them up to the collar on his neck and another chain running from his cuffs to a bolt on the floor. There were scratch marks on the cells clear walls, and a number of bloodstains on the floor, but beyond that it didn't appear as though Jak's attempts at escape had been successful.

Jak's huge frame was currently sitting on the mattress, his eyes closed as though meditating. The

When the door clanged shut though his eyes opened and he glared at Fren and Alina.

"You." He said menacingly. "You are the ones who took me from my love, you are the ones who separated us."

"No, we rescued you Jak." Alina said sadly. "I brought you back just like you would have done for me."

"I did not need rescuing. Being rescued implies that I had failed. I hadn't failed until you took me away. You are the cause of my failure." He said, hate entering his eyes.

"No, I rescued you from her. You're free now. We can be friends again remember?" Alina pleaded, her eyes bright again.

"You say the word friend but I do not know it. You would be easy to kill, so perhaps this is a test. A single stab through the 38th artery and slip the blade between rib 3 and five in order to reach the heart. Death is almost instantaneous." Jak said emotionlessly.

"But I'm Alina and she's Fren. You're like my first brother, and... And what about your parents? You said one was a judge and that they rescued you from the streets and jail. Don't you remember them?" Alina asked, already sounding heartbroken.

Jak paused and seemed to actually consider Alina for the first time as she spoke, the same look of confusion overcoming him.

"Those words are familiar to me." He said finally, obviously still confused. "But my love says they are only dreams to be forgotten. Still... Your faces were in those dreams, and you appear to be real." He stayed still for a second, then turned to look at Fren, the moment of clarity he had experienced disappearing once more to be replaced by pure hate. "I recognize you, my love says that you and your friends must die. You have the keys that will unlock a better world. My love said you were a coward, and now it's proven true by the way you hide behind a child." He snarled, gesturing at Alina now. "I will kill you and this child you know, I will bring your heads back to my love with the keys and I will be gifted with true kingship alongside her just as she promised. As soon as I get out of here I will slice open your throats and watch the blood flow out. I can smell the connection you have with this girl, so I will kill her first and I will make you listen to her choke on her own blood. She'll scream before the end, and you'll hear every moment of it. Only then will I kill you and take you both to meet my love." Jak said, starting to laugh as Alina began to cry and eventually threw up in a corner. She left a moment later, leaving Fren alone with Jak.

"She's already won you know. My love... She's already won existance, and now she merely has to cement her rule. She is always seeking loyal servants though, so if you care for that child so much then perhaps you should join the correct side. After all, it would be such a waste for your head to rot on a spike when it's owner could be of such use to my love. Perhaps you should consider it, especially with that family you have." Jak grinned maliciously, his eyes showing only death within them.

Fren crossed her arms and waited for Jak to finish talking. Once he finally stopped "Rest assured the word rescue can have more then one meaning. Should you prove to be impossible to recover, I am not above a mercy kill if think its needed." she said in almost a plain manner "I don't harm the innocent, but you Jak have been made to do horrible things against your will, taking your innocents." she said "Now that we both have the threats out, lets get a few things straight, your love Jak, she's indoctrinated you, I don't expect you to believe me the ones indoctrinated rarely ever see it because of it. You think she means her word for making you a king? Lets go over some of her past in dealing with you shall we? She promised you a love, waited till she died right after you and Kara got together, then she mind controlled you to her side. You reconize the name Kara don't you? She was a young girl, about your hieght at the time, loving, caring, fun, sweat, at first she wanted nothing to do with you, you had disobeyed Varren's orders and attacked a castle guardien, you lost your leg in doing so. Kara was not impressed with you what so ever and more or less shunned you, later she lost her memory, you then took the opportunity to try to be with her again, and you did, she died the next day however sacrificing her self to save the whole group, including you, from a ghoul." she said as she told him the story in a nut shell.

"Varren, the father figure to you, his words really affected you when he got after you or congratulated you, the naga being who had high tech armor and a plasma beam riftle, he was also the guide to the group, the leader more or less, he knew many ins and outs of the castle and gave us pointers for this and that of the place, He tried to make sure everyone kept it together even you Jak, he gave you your sword when you where ready to give up after Kara's death, he placed it in your hand before you where taken from us and controlled to be nothing more then a pawn." she said then sighed "Some of that must ring a bell does it not?"

Jak's eyes took on their confused look again as his mind revisited the memories that Fren continued to mention. To him they were all just dreams from a long time ago, half memories that had disappeared a long time ago and were only bring brought back by Fren's incessant prodding.

Kara's name in particular seemed to bring memories up for Jak, and his eyes almost looked the same as when Fren had first met him. The moment didn't last long however and within seconds he had shaken his head and smiled slyly.

"I know your game." Jak said, shaking his head as though enjoying a good joke. "You just want to confuse me, turn me away from my love. She is coming for me, of that there is no doubt, and she she retrieves me she will find me as loyal as ever." He said. "I don't know how you have managed to implant these thoughts in my head but it won't work. I will be a queen beside my love and you will be nothing more then an unmarked grave!" He made to continue shouting threats at Fren when suddenly the sound coming from Jak and the cube just turned off.

"Nuria's hold is quite strong on him." Cadence said as she stepped from one of the corners and moved to stand next to Fren. "She's destroyed almost every sense of self that Jak had, and now that we're trying to free him.." Cadence shrugged and watched Jak yell at the two women outside his cell before finally returning to sit on his mattress. "I've been picking through Jak's memories and making him dream about his time before Nuria, but it's hard going. Every memory durning that time has been buried as deep as possible, leaving the tortured creature before us. Even if you continue to visit every day I'm not sure there's enough left to snap Jak out of it. I'll keep prodding his mind, try to overturn some of what Nuria did, but if I haven't made progress soon then we might have to accept that there isn't progress to be made." Cadence said softly before turning and disappearing in a gust of air.

Fren sighed and nodded as Cadence showed up after Fren was transported back out of Jak's magical cell as he continued to yell and shout at her and Cadence. She sighed and looked at the being as Jak finished yelling and smiled a little. "Thanks for the help Cadence, Nuria may have destroied the Jak we knew, but given enough time, we'll break her hold on him. Everytime I mention names he seems to have faint reconition. Espeshally the name Kara, she was his crush and love that died before he was taken, if possible, try going for those memory's. They seem to have the biggest impact." she said

She looked at Jaks cell for another moment after Cedence left. She did not want to kill Jak, but if he proved unrecoverable, all he was is a threat to everyone, including to her family as well. "If your still in that body of yours Jak..... I need you to fight once more.... we are trying to get you back, your body's no longer in Nuria's influence." she said quietly before turning and leaving the cell. She passed the guards and found Guthrie and Alina not far off, she came over and gave Alina a hug. The hatchling must feel like her heart has been smashed. "I know it may not help much right now, but those words that..... being said, is not Jak, its going to take a long time though before he'll snap out of it." she said before letting go and looking at her mate "He seems to respond to names and more so, of Kara, for a few moments, he looked at me like he had when I first found him." she said.

"That's something at least." Guthrie said when Fren mentioned Jak's response to Kara's name. "There's hope if he has even the tiniest recollection of his previous life."

Guthrie had found Alina in front of the door a little bit earlier and had been comforting the little dragon since then. Now that Fren had given a report he was using the news to try and cheer Alina even more. "There's still parts of him in there Alina, all we have to do is reach them." Guthrie said with a smile.

Avira came jogging over from the wall a few minutes later, her breathing showing that she had been running lately.

"I took a jog along the walls." She explained as she stretched her arms over her head, attracting the attention of a number of nearby male soldiers. "They seem to be in good order, as do the people holding them but I saw Nuria down there too and she is livid." Avira said with a grin. "I feel bad for the people allied with her because she's currently playing the blame game and I'm pretty sure her upper echelon of officers have been replaced and the next higher ups are all cowering in front of her chair."

"How do you know the high command has been replaced?" Guthrie asked confusedly.

"I watched her vaporize them about five minutes ago." Avira said calmly, her grin faltering at the memory. No matter what could be said about her she didn't like to watch people die any more then the next person.

Avira looked at Fren and Alina then walked over and knelt in front of the dragoness.

"Nothing is inescapable Alina. You have to be strong for him though, because some people have trouble seeing past the prisons they make for themselves alright?" Avira asked, gently placing a hand on Alina's shoulder.

The grey looked up at Avira's eyes and gave a small smile before wiping her eyes and nodding.

Avira nodded back before standing again and looking around at the others.

"Ok, we've taken her general, we've taken one of the keys away, what else is there to do?" She asked with a grin.

Fren nodded and thought on what Avira said. "If such is the case, since we've already removed her only key, and pawn from her, and she now vaporizing her army's chain of command, all we got to do is stand our ground and Nuria will cause her own army to fracture and to into chaos. Any army, no matter how loyal, needs a stable chain of command, if that chain of command is too shaky, not strong enough to stay the same, the ones under will be confused to who to report to, which will provide Cadence a very good opening to place thoughts of splitting off as there own small army." she said smiling a little. We all know what happens next, Nuria hunts down the small portions of her army and her numbers suffer greatly." she finished off saying. "Her army must penetrate Vita's main base of operations, however he's got the area fortified and his numbers are growing bolstering our allies. Should Nuria attack again her troops moral should drop even more making more room for Cadence settle influence. All we gotta do again is.... hold out." she said

Vita came over and looked at the entrance that lead to Jak's cell "If he had programming I could just alter it my self with ease." he said before looking at the group "If Nuria attacks, the losses she'll sustain going up those steps will be massive, there's enough fire power going down to level my own base in seconds should it point the wrong direction."

Guthrie nodded quietly as the others spoke, considering their points carefully before commenting.

"While everything that's been said is true, we also can't afford to underestimate Nuria. She's not stupid, and assuming that she'll make mistakes like the ones mentioned is foolhardy in the extreme. She's an immeasurably old being who has seen every trick and strategy in the book, including the ones that we haven't seen. We've got to assume that she has a plan. If she doesn't then so much the better, but until we know for sure vigilance is our best defense." Guthrie explained calmly.

Avira nodded along with this assessment but opted out of adding anything further into Fren's analysis, instead allowing her gaze to slide over to the wall and watch the preparations there.

"I do wonder what Nuria's going to do without Jak now though." Avira said. "She can't open the vault without a mortal, but she went through all the trouble to enchant Jak which must mean that something special has to be done. Otherwise she could just use one of her soldiers. So, I wonder why she needed Jak in particular." Avira asked aloud.

"Perhaps a willing sacrifice is needed." Guthrie said quietly, giving Alina a small squeeze as he said it. "It would make sense, especially with the way Nuria had been grooming him."

Avira made a disgusted sound in her throat then shrugged and went back to the room to change back into her armor, rejoining the group about half an hour later, her fur now soft and shining after its grooming and her weapons all cleaned and ready to go.

Fren nodded "I never said to not be ready for her though however a part of her is going to be a weakness if we can guide it well enough, Ambition. We just showed her up, showed her that even with all her power, and her army, we could take, and have taken her only key to getting what she wants in this place. there's high chances she'll fight harder, be more aggressive and more, however her pride, her ambition, seeing as its already gone too far, will make her more reckless, as shown with her chain of command." she said nodding to Avira "Once a enemy starts making such mistakes, while risky, thats when we start taking prisoners, I say this because when a leader behaves in such a manner, her troops loyalty will crack, and if we can drive a big enough wedge into that crack, they might see there leader was wrong." she explained "Vita's numbers might be growing, but only his, and our allies troop count is diminishing. We need to take advantage of every angle we have." she said before focusing on Guthrie "Remember the war with the purists? After they some how converted a entire nation to there cause? We took prisoners and showed them and explained why we fight, we where able to crack there loyalty to there leaders and convert some to our side, some of the others returned but last we saw rumors where going around about infighting in the purists ranks." she pointed out.

((Thinking of having a General from Fren's world show up with a few teams, The Shatong don't believe in gods but they would still feel the affects of the conflict. Causing them to seek out the cause, maybe one could say they got into contact with others then knew of Bor ect))

"I don't disagree on any of those points." Avira said quickly, raising her hands defensively as she spoke. "I just don't think things are going to be as easy as they seem." She shrugged, and looked around when a loud noise announced someone dropping a crate full of supplies.

"I hate this war." Avira announced after a few moments. "If this were a normal scenario I would have my rifle, I would have lined up a shot on Nuria, and one trigger pull later the whole things over, they have no leader, we march in and clean up. No magic shields, no spells, no castle." Avira continued to grumble as she took a sip through her canteens straw and shook her head. "I don't even know if we have an exit strategy. Our enemy's immortal, so how can we actually win when she just comes back in a few hundred years for round two?" Avira continued.

"Welcome to our fight" Medad said from behind the group as he walked up, Bor only a few paces behind. "I'm glad you grasp the complexities behind the... Squabble." He said, making Bor roll his eyes at the word. "You are correct though, it is an ongoing conflict, and one that has no end in sight. It will continue to be fought long after your universes have disappeared into the black."

"Oh well I'm glad that I impressed you, but I'd prefer to not be stuck here the rest of my life fighting some crazy immortal woman." Avira said testily.

"An admirable goal, maybe if you show respect you won't have a curse like that placed on you." Medad retorted back, the look in his eyes dangerous.

"Shame brother." Bor said, stepping forward angrily. "She is helping us and you threaten her with harm through all that? That is a new low brother and you know it."

"She does not speak in a respectful tone." Medad said, his tone sounding more like an adult talking about a naughty child which did little to lower Avira's temper.

"She's helping us and that's just how she speaks so live with it. Go check on something else Medad, you always were better at commanding then actually getting along with your troops." Bor said, waving Medad off who vanished a few moments later.

"I heard about your attempt with Jak." Bor said quietly to Fren. "We're doing everything we can for him, so if you need anything just ask and it'll be supplied." He said with a smile.

"We also got some reinforcements in that you all might be interested in." Bor continued, pointing to a subsection of the base where a few beings stood, all of them with the unmistakable outline of a Shatong.

Avira looked over at the new Shatong with a smile but couldn't help but grimace emotionally. She was alone here, without her friends, without anyone familiar, just her gun and herself. Truth be told she was getting lonely after being without her friends for so long and it was starting to wear on her. Back on earth she almost always knew where her friends were, either by sight, smell, hearing or any number of other ways, she knew where her friends were. Here she had been out of contact with her friends for over a week and a half, and it was beginning to wear on her. All chimera were naturally pack oriented due to a combination of their implants, their genes, and the way they were raised. Without her friends it felt to Avira like she was completely alone in the universe, without anyone to help her.

It was all an illusion of course, one brought on by a reliance on her implant, but it was still strange being without it.

A smell caught Avira's nose and made her turn to look and follow though, and it wasn't long before she was chasing the scent off down towards where the Shatong had arrived, her footfalls barely audible over all the other noise in the castle.

The smell Avira had was recognizable, the same smell that a normal chimera gave off, a combination of animal, human, and artificial materials all added together to create a living being, and as she founded a corner her mouth widened into a smile as she spotted a platoon of chimera of all different species preparing for battle. She made to go forward, but stopped when a call sounded from one side.

Avira turned to reveal a huge grey and black wolf chimera stepping forward to shake her hand. He was taller then her, boarder, and a lot stronger at first glance, but Avira still probably held the trophy for being faster.

"Hey Fren!" Avira called, leading the wolf over to the Shatong. "This is Logan." She said, introducing the wolf to Fren. "I told you that I lead a commando squad of foxes right? Well he's the leader of our wolf counterpart."

(Well said I was thinking about it lol, but alrighty, lets see how it goes)

Fren looked at Avira as she said the war would not be as easy as it looked "It never is. If one thinks its easy, they put them selfs at a great risk of failer." she said.

She could not help but agree though as Avira expressed her frustration with this war. The whole magic element and there foe being immortal. Then Medad and Bor showed up, and after a quick batch of bickering, and Medad leaving Bor turned to her and spoke. She nodded when he told her they where doing everything they can, and that if she needed anything to help just ask. She smiled a little and thanked him before he pointed her attention over to 2 elite squads if infantry. each team with a commander and then the head of the division. In total only about 19 Shatong, male and female, though the commanders female, with special markings on there necks and thighs showing rank.

Fren's eye's lite up and she reconized the one in command. She looked at Bor smiling "How'd you find them? the war last I saw had taken its toll heavily on my people, last I saw they had employed the doom weapon." she said a little confused but visibly happy. Once Bor told her that the Shatong had recovered since and saw strange disturbances in the cycle of things, even somewhat affecting there own people, they went out searching for the cause and got into contact with some tribal beings on a crystal like world, there they met Bor and agreed to help out with the best of the trained troops they had.

Shatong troops where few in number, but highly trained and able to adapt to many situations. Like a team of commandos as the humans would put it. though these where somewhat normal troops in the eye's of the trainers.

Fren went over to them and greeted them. "Greetings Fren, I see your here aiding the effort as well. Your allies have filled us in on quite a bit." the commander said her helmet morphing off her head, the same shiny silver metal like bio tech armor. Fren had her tail come over her shoulder and make a odd wiggle before returning to normal "I did not expect command to send over your team." she admitted "How did the humans push us back so far? I saw the progress of the war here, this castle was able to show me." she said.

the 2 spoke till Avira called over. Fren looked along with the commander who visibly stiffened. "Human created biological beings." she almost snapped and Fren blinked realizing, the commander had spent no time in the company of human influenced beings like she had. "Commander Sheln, this is Avira, shes a friend of mine and has aided our group in surviving and making it through this place before we got it on our side. She is a chimera, along with Logan, and yes while human created, Bor has removed those marks and made them into a true speices, instead of creatures created to fight." she explained "they are no friends of the humans either." she assured Sheln who looked at the 2 her eye's not trusting but sighed. "Very well, there scent after further examination whos what you say." she said before looking at Logan and Avira "Greetings." she forced her self to say with out doing so in a hostile manner and after a moment or 2, held out her hand knowing humans and human like races had a thing for hand shakes when meeting each other. She knew these 2 where allies so might as well try to treat them as such, even if human constructed.

Fren looked at Avira "Like me she's spent her life fighting the humans, watched the humans destroy our homes and family's, Seen the monsters humans created in pathetic attempts to copy our tech, unlike me, she has not traveled with a group like our's." she explained "She's the commander of 2 teams, in your language.... we could call them Alpha and beta elites. Place them on a human troop ship, and they'll capture it intact before the skirmish is over." she said

Both Avira and Logan shook hands politely with Sheln, then lifted their tails over their shoulders and copied the movements of Fren as best they could before letting their tails fall as well.

"This one came to high command and explained what had happened to our implants about a day after the fact." Logan explained, gesturing slightly at Bor. "He explained what you had wished for and what specifically he had done, then proved he could really do the things he claimed. Command decided that supporting him was the best option so they sent one of the armies platoons as backup."

"So it's true then? We have our own nation?" Avira asked hopefully.

"Not just that, we have our everything. Economy, military, government, everything. Anything a country needs we have now, including a seat at the UN." Logan said happily. "You're considered a hero after your wish. A symbol of free chimera, and now that we don't have the implants and aren't infertile we can live as we choose. There are already hundreds of thousands of confirmed pregnancies back home, including one of your friends Rachel."

Avira's smile widened and she hugged Logan tight.

"She is? When and with who?" Avira asked happily. "Do they know I'm alive? Are any of them here?"

"Yes, about two weeks ago, and I'm not sure with who. Yes they know you're alive, but no none of them are here." Logan answered. "Your team is actually very high up in the government and we can't afford to lose them in a conflict like this. My platoon is the only one that command could spare for the moment. Any more and we would be weakening our nations boarders to much." Logan explained. "Your squad did give me some letters to give to you, so it's not like they just ignored you." Logan said with a smile, pulling out three envelopes from his pocket and passing them to Avira. "Anyway, I need to get everyone moving, come see me later, I've missed our talks while you've been gone." The huge wolf said with a smirk as he bellowed at the assembled troops to get moving.

They were quickly gone, leaving Avira a standing alone with her letters.

She seemed almost hesitant to open them, but eventually went to a wall and found a spot to open them, leaving Fren, Sheln, Guthrie, Alina and Vita standing alone.

Guthrie carefully mirrored the greeting the Shatong had done with his own tail in the way Fren had shown him, his movements slow and measured.

"Good day to you Sheln." Guthrie said, his voice soft and gentle as always. "My name is Guthrie, I am Fren's bond mate. It is a pleasure to meet you." He said carefully.

Seeing beings with such short tails trying to mimic the Shatong greeting both amused but got some respect from Sheln who gave the Shatong greeting in return. She looked at Fren as Avira and Logan spoke "I smell your no longer alone, a few children even, have to admit, no one expected you to show softness so soon." she said and Fren smiled a little

"Not the greatest start, killed a child when on a mission on accident, then when I first arrived here, found Alina here when she was just about to hatch from her egg." she said motioning for Alina to come over "Alina and Jak, before Jak was captured, became my children here, helping them through things, Jak rebelling more often then not at first, Alina not knowing any better..... kind of grew on me." she explained giving Alina a hug.

Sheln looked at Guthrie and smiled when he did the Shatong greeting right away, she nodded and did so with her tail as well "I can smell your scent mixed with hers on her, greetings Guthrie, your very lucky to be her bond mate. Its a pleasure to meet you as well." she said her bias not showing at all right now. "I see Fren has not neglected to inform you some of our own culture. She has relayed a lot of your culture to me already as we spoke." she said with a smile "When we all return home, we'll see if our worlds are in the same universe, if so, I can see a alliance working." she said with a smile.

Fren pulled Guthrie into a hug "Only family we brought, the others where too young. There's only one other being in our group to meet." she said gesturing to Vita with her tail. He came over and Sheln grew a little tense but gave the greeting again. Though with no tail, vita could not return it "He uses a tool that can work a lot like our dooms day weapon, only he uses it to make things." she said pointing to his construction arm "And while he seems to be only metal's, if he does have programming, its hard to tell." she admitted.

Sheln nodded "Well, its a pleasure to meet you all..... even the human made ones, I must go now though however, our first mission needs to be completed, we'll see you around Fren, you know the rules of our combat, aim true." she said before giving the tail greeting again before turning and leaving.

Fren looked at everyone still with them "Might only be 3 teams in total, but with Avira's friends, and Sheln's teams, we still have a chance, my people are used to fighting against greater odds, this is very normal." she told them before a smaller male Shatong came over. Fren turned around and he looked almost shy, he handed her a small pod, small enough to fit easily even in Avira's hand, she opened its top and smiled. "I know its too late..... but I wanted to give you this Fren..... you never let me before but....." he started and Fren closed the pod and handed it back "Thank you, but save this for the next one you love alright?" she said and he nodded before walking away.

She stood there for a few moments before looking at Guthrie "He handed me a seedling messaging pod, something only couples get for personal use. his name is Kensha, while he might look small and frail, he'd de-gut a human war bred mutant in 5 seconds flat....... I know.... I saw it." she admitted "I feel.... kind of bad for ignoring him, but rest assured, it would not of worked out between him and I." she assured Guthrie.

"I'm sure our people can learn a lot from each other if the war on our home planet ever dies down." Guthrie said with a small smile. "I'm sure once it's died down my people would welcome a diplomatic envoy from the Shatong."

Guthrie watched the exchange between Fren and Kensha with interest as it happened, and hugged Fren back when prompted. He had asked before about Shatong romance before but the answers had always been hampered by Fren's lack of experience.

"I'm not jealous." He said, kissing Fren back and hugging her close. "Why would I be? I ended up with a beautiful female at my side and children as well. He doesn't have that or anything close to it, so there's no need for jealousy."

Guthrie kissed Fren again before finally taking a few steps back and looking around. Avira was still against the wall reading her letters, a faint smile on her lips as her eyes went back and forth across the paper. After about ten minutes or so she finished and carefully folded the letters up to be placed in one of her many pockets before finally standing and rejoining the group.

"So, you and Logan hmm?" Guthrie asked slyly as Avira rejoined the group.

One wouldn't have gotten a better reaction out of her if they had dropped a rock on her toe. Her eyes widened and she visibly got nervous over the topic.

"I uh... I just respect his abilities as a commander." Avira said, attempting to smooth it all over as quickly as possible.

"Avira, if I can tell then Fren can definitely smell the whole thing on you. You two have been together haven't you?" Guthrie asked, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

"Yeah ok fine, we've been together, happy?" Avira snapped back. "Back when I was infertile it didn't matter if we just had some fun because I couldn't get pregnant. It couldn't hurt the missions so it was harmless for both of us."

"Did you love him?" Guthrie asked gently, watching as Avira stiffened at the question.

"Maybe, I dunno. I never really thought about it truth be told. Marriage was never really in the cards for me." Avira shrugged.

"I didn't ask if you were going to get married Avira, I asked if you loved him." Guthrie said, cutting vixen off.

"I-I dunno, I care for him a lot, but I..." She looked down and shrugged. "Maybe I could love him, but that isn't really a priority right now."

"That doesn't mean it's not important." Guthrie said lightly.

"Well yeah, but that's not... I mean, dating is more complex then that." Avira said quickly. "Both sides have to show interest, and then they spend time with each other."

"You've done both of those things. Look Avira, he's interested, you're interested, go for it. Why else did you make that wish if you didn't want to be able to live a normal life? Fren back me up." Guthrie said, turning to his wife. "You can smell the pheromones right? So Avira should go for it right?"

Fren could indeed smell it, even if Avira did not like it "Yes I can smell them, normally I'd advise not doing so in this kind of situation, combat has a knack for taking from you whats important. and what means the most, however seeing as if we lose, well..... take your chance while you can Avira. I'm no expert, but you want him, her wants you." she said with a nod and a smile.

"Besides, having one you want to protect by your side, can help you do your mission better then otherwise if you insist on looking at the tactical end of things. You'll both be a moral booster to each others, I'm pretty sure if I where not around, Guthrie might of stay a little bit, but he'd be dead by now, and I'd be dead as well." she admitted "Tell you what, when Logan returns from his current mission, you go and ask him, and I won't mention your pheromones to him at all." she said with a smile and wink. Logan most likely already knew Avira liked him, but earth creatures most of them only could guess for sure if the other liked them.

Vita seemed to get agitated afterwards after a few moments. Followed by a few minor shakes "Pressure on out posts 6 and 7 has surpassed ability's, defenses have fallen the out posts are lost." he said before looking around "Warning enemy forces are putting pressure on my other instillation's, reinforcements are diminishing and hold outs are falling." he said before pausing "enemy seems to be using a round out tactic, with out the pressure of the outposts to assist us, the enmy can then completely surround and focus there efforts. Out posts 4,5 and 1 and 2 are reporting heavy attack waves hitting there lines." he said before making his way in a rush to a general "Report to Bor, Nuria's forces are making pushes around us, prep for a all out stand in this area, the main base is in a very good position, only 2 paths up a long flight of stairs, making it a kill zone for anything that enters those zones besides our defensive points." he said before going and personally aiding his army in making more resource structures and as a result, faster production of his units.

Fren looked at Guthrie then to Avira "Time might be shorter then you think. Sounds like the master wants her pawn back, and she knows he's held in this base...." she got an idea "Avira, I need a..... a.... its a small device, has a screen on it, and can communicate with others like it, it can take pictures and seems everyone from where Jak was from, has one of them, I need one, I got his old devices data on me, if I can give him something like it, and show him images of his life before this place.... might help him." she said not remembering it was a phone of some kind.

Edited by little lost dragon

(Sorry it's been so long I haven't been feeling great lately.)

Avira wasn't particularly happy about everyone else getting involved in her personal business, but that being said, at least the group was going to let her handle it herself.

Avira gave thanks for small blessings and was starting to try and think of how to approach Logan when the attacks began, effectively ending any personal time she might have had.

Avira frowned at Fren's request for a few moments, trying to think of what the Shatong was describing.

"A phone?" She asked slowly, reaching into her pack and withdrawing her personal cell phone which she handed to Fren. "Um, here, do whatever you need to I guess. I'm going to go help on the wall." Avira said, hustling off towards the wall where Logan and the other chimera had headed.

"What is that thing?" Guthrie asked, looking down at the phone.

"It's a phone, a communications device that humans and others who live in contact with them use." Alina explained. "Jak had one when I was little."

"Ok, well what are we planning on doing with it?" Guthrie asked curiously. "Because we better hurry. Nuria sounds pretty angry over the loss of Jak."