Ryujin13

Little lost dragon and I

The clone sighed "Very well, you shall return to them soon enough." she said before suddenly reaching over her palm on Avira's for head. She breathed in and some dark magic seemed to be extracted from Avira before she removed her hand "I've removed the last of my magic on your mind, just because Fren removed your arm it did not remove what made past your shoulder." she said almost in a bored manner. "I suggest you stay away from the meeting hall. If your foe is stationed there, the Janitors are ordered to beat anything that moves to a pulp besides them selfs." she said before a portal opened in the wall showing Fren and the others, though they did not see Avira or the clone. "Now go."

Fren crossed her arms as Guthrie and Alina began to argue. One that she knew would happen sooner or later, Alina had a similar out burst with Fren 10 years ago. Guthrie reached his angry hight, little taller then her relaxed stance. She watched Alina go to a corner afterwards and looked at Guthrie as he spoke. "We need something to happen in 2 location Nuria can't ignore. If she goes to one her self she'll miss the other. Which means she would have to send Jak to the other one as he.... right now a simple extension of her self. I suggested her sister as bait because it would be a event she could not pass up on, the other could be Bor or Medad, where not getting to the meeting hall any time soon, and the enemy forces are fortified, ally forces can only hold out not push forward." she explained. She held up a hand in a 'one moment' gesture before going over to Alina and kneeling down to the dragonesses head level "I understand you want to help, and your idea is a good one, however unlike last time you'll be putting your self right into Nuria's grasp. She is powerful and you saw your self how easily she put Jak under the spell. Guthrie and I do not want to risk the same happening to you as well." she explained

Avira took a step back as the clone reached for her, but finally allowed the clone to touch her and extract the dark magic. When the portal opened up she looked through it, then back at the clone awkwardly.

"Thanks for your help." She finally said before turning and stepping through the portal.

Guthrie felt energy begin to gather when the portal formed and had called out to the others so that they all faced the place where it was building up. None of them could physically see it, but they were prepared to fire.

As if from nowhere Avira stepped through, her hands raised so that the others wouldn't shoot her.

Guthrie acted immediately, making vines sprout from the stone at her feet and grow over her, quickly immobilizing her before laying her on her back, her mouth bound tight so she couldn't open it even an inch.

Avira started struggling the moment the vines began to tie her, and was panicking within seconds as she was forced to the ground and muzzled.

Guthrie moved forward, and gestured, causing the vines to raise Avira from the ground so that she was held vertical again, even though she continued to struggle.

"Stop moving or I won't bother with the test and I'll just kill you now." Guthrie said, his anger already up from his argument with Alina.

Avira'so eyes were wide with panic as Guthrie spoke, but she somehow managed to calm herself enough to cease struggling.

Guthrie leaned close, closed his eyes and held up his hand, green energy appearing around it. Then he moved his palm around, scanning Avira carefully until finally he stopped and nodded, then gestured.

The vines receded immediately, setting Avira down gently before disappearing into the floor again.

Guthrie barely started to form an apology before Avira had taken a step forward, wound up and punched him as hard as she could. She cursed a little and shook her hand afterwards, but that was nothing to what happened to Guthrie, who hit the ground like a sack of bricks, unconscious before he even touched the stone.

Alina ran to Guthrie immediately, gently moving him into a more comfortable position before glaring at Avira.

"Why'd you do that?" The dragoness demanded, taking up an aggressive stance.

"Because, I came out already surrendering and he didn't let me get a word in. I would have done whatever he said, but no, he attacked first and didn't bother to ask questions at all. He knows what happened to me, he knows what that place did to me. All he had to do was ask. It's his fault, and I don't care how angry any of you are." Avira snapped, wanting to go over to Guthire and start kicking the stupid thing.

Guthrie was already groaning and moving somewhat as Avira stalked away from the group, rubbing her arms and body, trying to get feeling back.

Fren lowered her weapon as Avira came through and Guthire restrained her. After he mate ordered the fox girl to cease her struggles and made sure she was safe, she slugged him in the head. "Hey!" Fren said not sure she believed if Avira was really back, why she did not get why Guthrie had done that. "Its not exactly the first you've been involved with this place Avira, and after your clones actions and the fact your clone took you to be one of them, your lucky he did not kill you on the spot after what your clone did to us!" Fren scolded her "He did not let you speak because as I recal, this place can get into your mind. So your word had no weight as for all we know, you where under its influence again." she finished off saying "Be glad he did not strip you down first to search for a mark first. You owe him an apoligy." she stated.

Vita seemed to remain neutral before once everyone finished talking "The death of a threat would have been more logical. Guthrie took a risk. Risk could have killed us all." he said simply

"An apology?" Avira demanded, turning around and glaring at Fren. "I'll apologize if and when he deserves it. If he had tried to strip me..." She made an angry noise and threw her arms up, turning and moving away.

She stayed away as Guthrie began to wake up, groaning and rubbing the side of his face, which was already swelling and bruising.

He didn't need to be reminded of what happened, and almost turned to yell at Avira but stopped himself. Instead he took a breath before floating up unsteadily and moving over to Avira, gesturing for the others to stay where they were.

He stopped a respectful distance away from the vixen, waiting to see if she would speak.

"I'm sorry." He said finally, when it became apparent that she wasn't going to acknowledge him. "I did that because you could have been dangerous."

"You could have asked." Avira said angrily, turning to glare at him. "Life had my hands up, I was unarmed, and you attacked without waiting."

"Because it was the smart thing to do!" He said, tightening his fists angrily. "Face it, you would have done the same thing in my position. Hell you probably would have attempted to kill me if I came through like you did. I didn't, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and instead chose to check first, because Fren was adamant that you wouldn't have left if you didn't have a plan." Guthrie explained, raising his voice like he did when scolding his children.

Avira made an angry noise again and seriously considered punching Guthrie again, but stopped herself only because she had to admit that he was probably right about the way she would have handled it.

"Fine! Fine." She said finally, still angry but at least calming somewhat. "Sorry for hitting you, I shouldn't have, but you... Did that to me, and you know what happened. Don't ever do it again." She warned.

"Avira, I'm sorry I did it, but you have to understand it was necessary on my part. I hate this place, I mean I really hate it here. It's to small, there's no sky, there are monsters and demons. I'm scared, but I won't let anything happen to my family. Never again! So if that means being hated by you, so be it."

He sighed and held a finger up to the swelling, causing a little jolt of what looked like green electricity to shock the spot. Instantly the swelling began to go down and the bruising disappeared.

"Are you hurt?" He asked, looking at Avira for signs of damage.

"No, I'm fine." Avira said, walking with Guthrie back over to the group.

Once there she began to talk about what had happened, she laid out what had happened, including what had been said by the clone, and what she had said in response. She ended with her return through the portal and looked at the others.

"I can't believe you talked the castle down." Alina said in a stunned voice. "Nuria can't possibly win now!" She hopped around a little like she did when excited, a remnant of when she was a hatchling which caused Guthrie to smile. Her hopping always made him smile because it meant something truly good had happened, which had been rare in the last few years of his life.

"We should probably contact Bor." Avira said, taking her pack back from Fren as well as Varren's rifle.

She pulled out the horn and blew on it, looking around.

"You know I'm not a servant right?" Bor asked, materializing suddenly. "I'm the embodiment of mortals thoughts on nature. I am still your friend but I'm not a cleaning service either. If you hadn't noticed there's a war on and I'm a general." He said, obviously a little miffed.

"We know, and we're sorry Bor." Avira said quickly. "We've got good news though." Again she told him everything that had happened, watching as a smile creased his face.

"Well then I'm sorry I was so rude!" He said, taking two steps forward and taking Avira up in a huge bear hug.

"This is the best news I've had today, and we owe it all to you Avira!" He said, finally letting her down. "Listen, if you want or need anything feel free to ask. Anything at all and I'll try to make it happen." He said, looking down at Avira, a twinkle in his eye.

Avira looked down at this, thinking hard for a second before looking back up.

"I want the humans to set all chimera free and let them live as equals, for them to be unable to produce chimera in factories ever again, for chimera to be able to live without implants, and for us all to be able to have children, now and forever." She said slowly, a look of hope on her face.

Bor smiled and nodded, patting Avira on the shoulder.

"That's a good choice Avira." He said gently. "This will hurt though."

Avira only nodded closing her eyes, her tail going still.

Bor started to glow, his body turning into green energy which began to pulse, sounding like a heartbeat as they went.

Avira groaned, clutching her head as the pulses began to quicken, the groan quickly turning into a cry of pain as she fell to her knees her eyes scrunched shut.

Still the pulses went faster, and still avira cried out in pain, tears running down her face as she clutched her head, flattening her ears with her hands.

The pulses were so close together now that they sounded like one loud thrum, loud enough to make Guthrie and Alina cover their ears from the sound.

Avira had begun to scream now, clutching her stomach as internal organs which had never functioned began to activate.

Bor's energy was so bright now that it was like staring into the sun, which made the group have to close their eyes as well.

Avira suddenly passed out from the pain and fell to her side as the pulses suddenly stopped and Bor once more stood there, looking normal again.

He went to Avira's side and knelt, turning her into her back as he gently checked a spot behind her ear, then put two fingers to her lower stomach.

"She's ok." He said after a few seconds, checking Avira's pulse before nodding and standing. "She'll wake up in an hour or so, but she'll be out of it for awhile."

"How longs awhile?" Guthrie asked curiously. "Can I do anything to speed the process?"

"No, doing so could cause horrible damage." Bor said quickly. "Her body is essentially going through puberty right now. All of her organs related to having a child are becoming active, and speeding the process would do more harm then good. What's more her brain is regenerating areas where her implant was. I've set her body to a safe speed, any faster and it would kill her. As for how long she'll be out of it, maybe another hour after she wakes up. You have to remember, she's lived her whole life with the implant. She'll have trouble walking, seeing, even talking. She'll adjust after an hour or so has passed, but until then you'll have to look out for her." Bor looked around suddenly and shook his head, turning back to the group.

"Unfortunately I have to go. There's still a war on and I'm needed at the front. Please tell her that she chose the best thing I can think of, and that I'm proud she thought of it. I'll see you all later. Remember, only call it's important." Bor said before disappearing again.

Fren crossed her arms looked at Avira as the fox lady spoke back. What a return this was. She went over to Alina and waited as Guthrie signaled them not to follow as he went to talk to Avira. She heard Guthrie raise his voice before things seem to calm down and him and Avira came back.

The next peice of news was suprizing to say the least. Simple in method but not expected. Really all Avira did was see a logic hole in its current programming. but it must of very rarely spoken directly with anyone otherwise such a thing might of already been triggered. "So you got the castle to finally go over its programming. Who knew removing your arm which lead to it creating a clone of you would lead to such a opportunity." she said before handing the bag and Varrens weapon over.

After Bor had been summoned. and Avira explained things to him, she smiled and nodded, though when Avira was asked about what she wanted at first she blinked, then realized that, when Bor had been asking about what she wanted, she thought her was reffering to the war or mission. she could easily ask for something to help her own people out. Like curing the mothers curse some of her people have.

She mentally kicked her self, she had been too focused on her mission to realized what she had been offered a few times now. Now she might not get the chance, the war might take her life and then what?

She heard Avira go into pain, and Fren's whole body resive the thump of a heart beat as Bor began. Even with her armor, it was tight to her form. And Shatong body's hear via vibrations all over the place, they had no real ears, but more there whole body could hear like one. Which made it particularly painful when Bor's pulse got solid. Unlike Guthrie and Aline, she could not simply cover her 'ear'. She gritted her teeth. She was panting from strain once Bor finally finished and stood up again and came over to Avira. Her scent had changed, instead of human lab rate like scent, one of test tubes and no fertility as a result, it was like the lady was a entire species her self now. She nodded as Bor explained thing before vanishing before Fren went over to a wall and gritted her teeth putting a hand up against it as she faced it regretting for missing the kind of oppertunity's she had been offered, and all she asked for was information that over all.... they would have done fine with out right now.

Guthrie went to Fren immediately when she leaned against the wall. He knew what was happening, having had Shatong biology described to him before. He gently passed a little energy into Fren, helping to calm the tension, then gently pulled her into a hug, holding her until she felt better.

"You ok?" He asked after a bit, leaning back and smiling at her. "I love you." He said, leaning in and kissing her before giving her a final hug and letting go.

"Cmon, we need to get moving." He said, taking Fren's hand in his own. "Vita? Could you maybe take care of Avira?" He asked, helping Vita to gently lift the vixen.

Avira gave a small moan of pain as she was jostled, but immediately returned limp to silence.

"Ok, let's go try and find a way to get Jak on his own." He said, leading the way towards the door, Fren's hand held in his.

"So do we have an idea yet or are we making it up as we go?" He asked with a small smile.

Fren's body felt better when Guthrie helped her body recover from the sound bombardment it had gotten there. She hugged him back and after a moment or 2 nodded to his questions. She kissed him back and gave him a quick gentle squeeze in the hug before letting go. She helped Guthrie arrange Avina on to Vita's arms, for a really advanced robot like being, his arms sure lacked a lot of mobility. But they managed.

Once they where moving Fren looked at the floor thinking "Nuria is ambition and lust.... maybe we could use that as one of the 2 points, however, I'm unsure how to..... not sure what would peak Nuria's interest to send Jak in personally, since he's the head of the army, maybe cutting a swath of her forces down, now that the castle defences are with us, not a hard to conduct but still too risky." she said thinking

Guthrie nodded, thinking hard on what he knew about Nuria.

Never having met the woman before he had only what Alina and Fren had told him to work on, but that was still a decent amount of information.

"She's the definition of mortals desires. Passion, love, lust, ambition, and she embodies the element of fire. What do mortals crave above all else?" He asked, not expecting an answer.

"It depends." Alina said from behind the group. "At least back home that was true."

"True, unfortunately Nuria doesn't necessarily care about the same things as us. She's immortal, and that exempts her from a lot of things that some might crave."

"Like what?" Alina asked, interest showing on her face.

"Well, a lot of people are motivated to do great things so that they will be remembered after they die. The stories say that the humans were very concerned with that. Another thing would be the aquiring of wealth and possessions. Nuria doesn't have reason to care about being remembered, after all she's going to live forever, and I doubt she cares much about acquiring things, so that leaves a few options. We know she longs for power, for dominion over others. She wants them to bow and worship her. We also know that she is a being of passion . She is emotionally charged, especially towards anger and lust, which means we can use that against her. She can be goaded to make mistakes, which means she can be beaten if we do it the right way. Still, that doesn't solve our problem on how to get to Jak." Guthrie lapsed into silence at this, trying to figure out a way to make their plan work, but coming up with nothing.

"I don't know what to do." Guthrie said finally with a sigh. "Nuria has Jak on such a tight leash that getting anywhere near him is basically death. It's been said before, Nuria needs Jak to open that door, and she won't risk losing him by leaving him alone."

"That's why I should go and grab him." Alina said from behind.

"No! That isn't an option, I won't lose you to this castle Alina, I wont. I was against you coming at all, but I understand why you wanted to, so I allowed it with the understanding that you'd always be with one of us. I can't lose you Alina, I won't let anyone else be taken from this family, not again."

Guthrie said, turning and looking at Alina as he spoke. He was visibly upset at the mere mention of what had happened to Fren, which kept Alina from responding.

Instead she just quietly nodded and followed along quietly, thinking on the problem as well.

"I've got an idea." Alina said suddenly, coming to a stop again and causing Guthrie to turn with interest.

"What is it?" He prompted after a few moments of waiting.

"Well you said needed to get Jak in a circle right?" Alina asked.

"Yes, but Nuria can't know what we're doing or she'll break the circle easily." Guthrie explained, his interest still piqued.

"Well how big can a circle be?" Alina asked, causing Guthrie to frown.

"Theoretically it could be any size, you just have to have the energy to charge the spells of binding. Alina where are you going with this?"

"Well, what if we made a really big circle, like the size of a room, then hid it. Then we make a distraction, a really big one that Nuria can't possibly ignore. She comes running and brings Jak. He probably won't fight much, but he'll be nearby because she doesn't want him hurt." Alina explained carefully.

"Ok, but first, how would we separate Jak from Nuria, and second, what kind of distraction would make her come running? Alina its a good idea I just don't think it's feasible." Guthrie said gently.

"No, no. See Nuria needs her forces, she knows that because without them she can't get the keys from us and her brothers. If we had a way to do a lot of destruction fast she would probably come looking. We set the circle nearby, then grab Jak quickly while she's busy. Then we can talk to him for as long as we can before getting out of there."

Guthrie frowned, thinking the whole thing over before nodding a little.

"Ok, that could work, but how are we going to do that level of damage? It will take something big to make her take notice."

"That's easy, we go to the library, Alina said, going over to Avira and rummaging through the foxes pack. In a few seconds she had the first journal out, turned on and began flipping through until she arrived at the section on the library. On the page was a picture of the huge crystal beast that guarded the room, along with the observations the author had made.

"This almost killed us when we first went into the library, then almost killed Avira as well. It's big and mean and really hard to kill. If we found a way to let it loose in one of the halls that Nuria holds, well I don't think much will be left, and Nuria will definitely have something to look at." Alina said happily, already sure her plan was a good one.

Guthrie looked at Fren, a questioning look on his face. "It could work, but there's a lot of if's. Everything hinges on Nuria reacting how we think she will, and that's assuming this monster can even be set loose on a good sized force of Nuria's army." He shook his head, unsure of what to do or say. On the one hand it was the only plan that they had thought of that could work, on the other it was horrendously risky, with a lot of variables that could fail, causing the whole plan to collapse.

"I don't know Fren, what do you think? And what about you Vita? Do you have any ideas? We need to figure something out because right now the whole castles in a stalemate. Taking Nuria's General would weaken her a lot, so any input is appreciated."

Edited by Ryujin13

Fren was deep in thought but Alina's plane could work. "We'd have very little time, Nuria's would feel the break in her spell and most likely would prioritize getting it back right away. Which is why we'll need something more then just a castle beast to help us." she said "The apparence of say Bor and Medad might delay her though, they could keep her busy at least as we work with Jak. She placed the spell on him when he was mentally weak. If I recal correctly she used the spell and applied it using a method he liked at the time, a kiss. He was grieving the loss of Kara." she explained "If wat I saw and the information it gave is correct, we'd have that much time to break, and build Jak's mental power back up. Otherwise, he's surely dead at best." she said before looking at Alina "He knew us the most out of everyone here currently, we'll have our work cut out for us." she said before looking at Vita "You;ll need to condense your patrols to form a army, it will be needed to back up Bor's and Meded's forces as they make a push with the crystal beast, its a castle being, and the castles working with us. Avira? Anyway to send the message to your 'contact' with the castle? For such an operation, we'll need the crystal beasts cooperation, and it might be hurting for this one." she said before looking at Guthrie "Its the only plan we got, and once we have Jak, Nuria's will have lost her pawn, and thus failed. Which is why I think this should be a all out push in that area. major conflict area. All this should keep Nuria's busy long enough for us to work with Jak." she said.

Vita nodded "Many teams are still pinned down, but only one out post has been lost, several bases took damage, but production continues." he said "However, main base at the hall with the statues under heavy assult, its support is diverted until pressure is removed."

"The physical contact isn't what matters." Guthrie said quickly. "In fact she could have touched him with a single finger and it would have done the job because she and he already had a connection. That being said the loss of a friend could weaken his will enough for her to gain easy access. That being said, she probably could have forced her way past Jak's mental defenses given enough time." He turned to Fren, a thoughtful look on his face. "You said she made a pact with him through... Physical relations and left a mark on him?" He listened to the affirmative before nodding. "That's clever really. She has at least three connections with him. The first is his um, his physical relation with her. When two beings mate they share energy with each other, binding them together. This will be the weakest of the connections because there was no emotion, no child, nothing gained on either side, which means she essentially started the process there. By agreeing to her deal though Jak allowed the connection to be made, letting Nuria build the second and far stronger connection in the form of the mark on his shoulder. There is a twofold purpose to the mark, the first being it allows the spell he asked for to be maintained. The second is to allow energy, and thus a far stronger connection to be made. The third and most powerful connection is the control spell she placed on him. The first two connections allowed just enough of a foothold for her to sink her claws into. After he had done the tasks she asked for she had put enough energy into him to finally gain total control. That's the best chance to sever the spell, by cutting the first two connections. After that it's a short time until she can't put enough energy into maintaining the spell. After that Jak would be free again and Nuria would be without a pawn."

"Well can you do that while we have Jak in the circle?" Alina asked hopefully, her hope disappearing as Guthrie shook his head.

"It's a long process to break a connection like the ones she has on him. Even one would take awhile, and unfortunately the spell would break through any barrier we put up before we finished one connection."

"Can't we just take him back to the big base?" Alina asked hopefully.

"Nuria has such a strong connection that she would break through any defenses we could erect, and then she would bring a large force with her to take back Jak and attack us from behind. No, I'll need to think of something better before we attempt to break the connections."

(Avira's unconscious)

Fren hissed a little in frustration. Sometimes she hated the energy called magic. Added a field she really had no power to even influence or deal with, nor did it follow logic at times and still work. "I have a connection in that case to Jak then as well, Medad placed a binding spell on Jak and I back before Jak was mind controlled, in essence the spell apparently was to make sure I foster Jak, making him my unoffical son." she explained "After that, he kind of saw me as his strict mother." she said before quickly adding "He was raised by humans before."

"Anyway, in the time I was able to spend with him he was starting to look for approval from me, and Varren at the time. Would there be a way to once we have him in the bubble, strengthen this connection Medad placed on he and I?" she asked "Supposidly if I don't try to steer Jak in the right direction as long as its in my power to do so, some kind of punishment will happen. And no I did not agree to the binding, nor did Jak, part of why we both somewhat disliked Medad, he had this thing for roping one. Part of why he specified when we saw him last that he was not going to put strings on things now." she said.

Maybe that stupid spell Medad put on her and Jak, might finally come in handy, though, if it did work, she her self would need to some how get through to Jak, and who knows what has changed about him since being trapped in his own body.

Guthrie looked up at this, his eyes bright.

"That's it then, that's our connection. You have the same kind of connection to Jak that Nuria does. It might not be as powerful but it will work."

"What will work?" Alina asked excitedly.

"We might be able to free Jak using the link. If we can get the two of you in the circle together I can begin to counteract the spell at a faster pace then before. If I can put enough energy through Fren's link and into Jak I can us it to cut the connections, at least in theory."

"How long would it take to free him dad?" Alina asked quietly.

"Ten minutes with only Fren. We could cut that in half though if you would help Alina. You and Jak had the closest relationship besides Kara, and if you help Fren we now have two connections."

"Of course I'll help." Alina said. "I miss him, he was my best friend."

"Alright then, we wait for Avira to wake up so we can contact the castle, then we get this thing moving."

Guthrie stopped suddenly as a thought occurred, and he turned to face both Fren and Alina.

"Listen, especially you Alina." He said carefully. "There might be a... Well Jak won't be the same." He said gently, mostly speaking to Alina now. "Changing a persons thought processes, making them think differently, that does a lot of harm. I don't know what he'll be like when we free him, but he's been through a lot. His body has been morphed into the perfect specimen for war, he's been conditioned to fight, to kill, and to enjoy every moment of it. I don't know how much control Nuria actually has to exert anymore, but I know that on some level she will have gotten to him." Guthrie looked down then floated over to Alina and sat down to her level, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Alina, I'm sorry but your friend is gone forever." He said for a moment.

Alina looked like she was going to cry, but instead managed to simply nod as she squeezed her eyes shut.

"W-will he ever get better?" She asked finally, looking up at Guthrie.

"I don't know. He won't ever be the same. At best we can break Nuria's conditioning and he can go on to live a mostly normal life. His personality will always be different but he'll be alive."

"What's... What's the worst?" Alina asked fearfully, tears still threatening.

"There's a chance that his time with Nuria will have corrupted him, that the conditioning will stick forever. He would have to be separated from everyone so that he couldn't hurt anyone. In essence he would turn feral with a bloodlust that can't be quenched. It's a remote chance, but I promised you a long time ago that I wouldn't lie to you. Like I said, those are just possibilities. Anything could happen, it's just a matter of how much we can reach Jak." Guthrie said quietly, giving Alina's shoulder a squeeze.

The dragoness was silent for a little while before she finally looked back up at Guthrie.

"What's conditioning?" She asked quietly, afraid of the answer she would get.

"Conditioning in this instance is used to encourage or discourage certain behaviors. Nuria has probably conditioned Jak to enjoy violence for instance. She will have encouraged him by giving him pleasure if he killed, and discouraged hesitation with pain if he hesitated or refused to kill. Other things will have been added as well, like a sense of loyalty towards her, maybe even emotional attachment. Control through just magic is hard, control through psychology and magic is much easier."

Edited by Ryujin13

Fren nodded and took Guthrie's hand in her spare hand glad he was at least displaying confidence in the plan. Considering his fear of this place, this was a good thing. She looked at Avira as Vita tried to walk with out too many jarring thuds on his feet, but Avira would survive.

She looked at Guthrie as he turned to both her and Alina. she nodded understanding what he was saying. Jak won't be the same as when they last saw him. Nuria's saw to that for sure. "If Nuria's has corrupted him beyond saving. I'd rather he dies out of Nuria's control at the very least. that way at least his last moments are under his own will again, no matter how corrupted." she said sadly and quietly. Either they save Jak, but if little has changed after they break Nuria's hold on him, she'd kill him if need be, though killing him might be the hardest kill she'd have to make. Its ingrained heavily in a female Shatong's nature to protech young, and there own children. And sure Jak was only unoffically adopted to her. That me he was still one of her children as a result.

"for now, lets focus on the plan at hand. Once we have Nuria's attention we'll need to locate Jak and get him away from the fighting. Once we find him, I'll go in to get his attention, Alina, once I near the library with him, and Guthrie has the bubble up, phaze in behind him and I want you to shove him as hard as you can into the bubble, Guthrie, I suspect Nuria's will allow him to see magic, so wait as long as you can before making the bubble, otherwise we risk replling him instead of seizing him."

Guthrie wanted to complain about Alina's part in the plan. He wanted to voice his disapproval at his 11 year old daughter going into a dangerous situation, but he knew that doing so would only cause a fight with the end result being that she did it anyway.

Instead he focused on Fren and the thoughts he knew were going through her head.

"Fren, he's not a child anymore." Guthrie said, gently placing a hand on her shoulder. "He may have been when you last saw him, but he's not anymore. If we have to kill him then it's a mercy, not murder." He said quietly.

Avira groaned at the jostling that Vita was giving her and her eyes flickered open for a few seconds now and then, although it was plain that she really wasn't understanding anything that she saw.

It took another 15 minutes for her to keep her eyes open for more then a few seconds, and even then her eyes were unfocused, and she only managed to mumble a few sounds before passing out once more.

"It's getting close to an hour." Guthrie said as they entered a smaller room with only two entrances. "We should probably wait until she wakes up so that we can communicate with the castle."

Alina nodded and managed to open Avira's pack again, this time fishing out the two blankets that the vixen had stuffed inside.

One Alina kept folded to be used as a pillow, while the other was folded once and payed out as a makeshift mattress that would at least provide some softness.

When Avira was laid down it only took a few seconds for her to roll onto her side and curl up so that he tail touched her nose, another throwback to the fox she had been created from.

It took awhile but eventually Avira's eyes flickered open again and actually focussed on the nearest person, in this case Guthrie who was checking on her status.

She mumbled a few sounds and made to push his hand away but was slow and uncoordinated in her efforts.

"It's ok Avira, your systems just getting used to not having the implants and having... Well reproductive organs instead."

Avira stared blankly up at Guthrie for a few moments, obviously not understanding what he was saying before falling unconscious again.

This happened a couple more times, each time getting more coherent until she finally woke up and looked around, her hand going to her head as she blinked a few times in confusion, then looked around at Guthrie who was still nearby.

"What..." She paused, scrunching her eyes shut as she tried to think past the headache and the confusion. "What happened?" She finally asked, her first words since she had fallen unconscious.

"It's ok Avira, just focus, we need you to get up and around again alright?" Guthrie asked, coming over and smiling.

Avira just nodded silently her hand going to her lower stomach as a small wave of pain passed through there.

"Ok Avira, what do you remember last?" Guthrie asked, leaning forward and looking at Avira's pupils carefully.

"I... I um... We were at the vault." She said after a few fumbled words.

"Alright, is that it?" Guthrie asked, now taking Avira's pulse.

"Uh yes. Wait no, the other... The other me showed up and I went with her."

Guthrie smiled encouragingly and nodded.

"Good, anything else?" He asked, watching Avira shake her head silently.

Suddenly something seemed to occurs to Avira and she put her hand to her right eye moving it back and forth quickly. She scrunched it shut a few times, a look of worry and panic on her face.

"Where's my implant?" She asked, blinking hard a couple more times as though expecting it to suddenly appear. "Am I dead? That's it isn't it? I'm dead so I don't have an implant now." She made to touch behind her right ear but Guthrie grabbed Avira's wrist firmly and made her lower her hand.

"Avira, you're not dead." He said calmly. "You are very much alive and I need you to calm down ok?" He watched as she nodded before releasing her wrists and lowering his hands.

"You actually remember a surprising amount considered, which means filling you in will be much easier." Guthrie said with a small smile before giving Avira the rundown on what had happened including their new plan.

To her credit Avira remained quiet during his explanation, and by the end was even sitting up against the wall.

"At least I made a good request." She said quietly, making Guthrie smile.

"Yeah you did. You might have picked a better time what with the war, but it was a good request. Now, we need to get moving, the fighting a getting worse and we need to make this plan happen fast."

As though to punctuate his words a massive explosion rocked the whole fastle, making the floor lurch beneath the group.

"Can you walk?" Guthrie asked, watching as Avira used the wall to rise unsteadily to her feet.

"Yes." Avira said finally. "If I use the wall."

"Ok, then use the wall. Vita, watch out for her until she's moving normally. If she tires or falls call a halt and she can ride, no excuses." He said, cutting Avira off. "Now, let's get moving and contact the castle."

(You decide if the clone shows or something.)

Fren looked at Guthrie and closed her eye's and slowly nodded "I'll keep that in mind." she said quietly. She knew Alina would want to play a role in helping Jak, and she knew Guthrie would not approve but she promised Alina she'd get her revenge, and to get revenge, Alina would need to have some experience. And to get such, she would need to be included in the plans, even if risky. Alina would never do well, if she did not get involved.

Fren moved along side Guthrie as they went along a corridor and she heard Avira make a groan, as well as her life signature start to show more then a coma signature. She nodded as Guthrie suggested they halt for now till Avira can communicate again. "Last thing she'll need is being involved in a fight in her current state." she agreed. She helped Alina get Avira off Vita's arms and onto the floor wrapped up in the fox girls blankets.

When the girl started to wake and somewhat push Guthrie's hand away Fren watched near by, in case her help was needed. Vita stood still at the other end of the room. She wondered what might be up as he was very quiet lately, then again he might be managing all his forces through out the castle at the same time and just was dedicating processor power to that instead.

She looked back at Guthrie and Avira as the fox girl started to speak once more. She watched the 2 talk and Guthrie explaining things to her. Then a explosion rocked the floor under then. Fren look around "The fightings getting more intense." she said half to her self. Vita became mobile again "Detonation in out post 3, position lost. Posts 1,2 and 4-7 and main base reporting heavy fire. Patrols now zero. I can't bring more renforcements until pressure is pulled off those instilations." he reported before looking at the repair K-bot that had been following them since repairing Vita. he looked at Guthrie when asked to watch out for Avira. "Affirmative." he said walking over and moving his construction arm to her level so she could hang onto his arm rather then use the wall to move.

As the group began to move out the sounds of fighting where heard even more and a smaller explosion blew ally forces into the corridor with dozens of shots raking the survivors killing them. Fren lifted her weapon and fired one of the acid death slugs. It flew through the air in a arch and landed near by the passage where they could hear enemy foot steps nearing before she fired a pulse shot detonating the acid slug putting the area into a acid cloud "that should stall them." she muttered knowing they could not double back fast enough to get into cover otherwise.

Guthrie flinched at the explosions, unused to the violence of such things, but already bringing magic to bear moving forward to the hall where the allied forces were retreating from. After Fren's shell went off he yelled a long string of syllables and raised his hands, causing roots to burts from the ceiling, walls, and floor, all of them thickening and intertwining with each other until a writhing wall of wood stood in front of them.

"Those will continue to regenerate as long as they can. With the kind of weapons we've seen I don't know how long that'll be though." Guthrie said, moving to a nearby soldier and healing him as quick as possible.

Of the dozen fighters that were on the groups side of the wall only three were alive, and of those only two survived long enough for Guthrie to heal them enough to get them moving.

"Put me down, I can fight." Avira said weakly, struggling to get down.

"No you can't Avira!" Guthrie called as he helped one of the soldiers up. "Let me see though..." He said, coming over to Avira who looked expectantly at Guthrie. A single finger reached out, tapped Avira's head then pulled back as the fox slumped unconscious again.

"Ok you two." He said, turning to look at the two soldiers, in this case a pair of what looked like canines. "I've gotten you to the point where you should be alright to move around, but a more thorough lookover should be done. That being said I need you to get this one to somewhere safe. Bor himself healed her but she's still getting better and we can't afford to keep track of her. She'll wake up in an hour or so. Tell the doctors ttwo give her a scan and if everything's in order she can come find us alright?"

"Aye sir." They both said immediately, giving a quick salute and taking Avira from Vita.

"This is her pack, it is important that nothing in it is disturbed. There isn't anything that can help her in there anyway. I'm sending her weapons along as well, if you value your hides I wouldn't mess with them."

"No need to make threats sir, the Gamjix take care of their comrades, no matter the species." One of them said as they assembled a stretcher quickly.

"I'm not threatening, I'm just telling you what she'll do to you. Just take care of her and if you're still around when she wakes up could you lead her back to us? It would be much appreciated."

"Of course sir, we will take care of it." The soldier said with a smile. "Good luck to you on your mission sir, ma'am."

"And to you." Guthrie said with a smile, watching as the soldiers finished the stretcher and gently placed Avira on it.

Both picked it up gently then hurried off down a hall where more troops were coming from.

"Ok Vita, lead the way to the nearest outpost that needs support."

Fren gave them a nod and watched them take off with Avira. She looked back to the vine wall and saw smoke was starting to get through. She readied her weapons her silver armor covering her whole body again. "Alright, Alina, don't enter the fray here." she said and before the dragoness could object "On the count of 6, teleport behind them and give them a blast before vanishing again alright? 6 second will get them focused on Guthrie and I, allowing you to catch them by suprize." she explained She looked at Guthrie knowing what he thought "She won't learn from watching forever." she said quietly.

Vita stepped infront of them and his weapon arm glowed with a D-gun blast "Inform of wall status?" he asked looking at the smoking vine wall. When Guthrie responded Vita readied him self. Fren got behind him as cover and motioned for Guthrie to do the same.

when the fire began to pierce the wall Vita took a few hits but his shield from the castle held for now. Then he fired his own weapon after a few seconds. Fren looked at Alina and gave a nod to begin the count down before firing her second acid death slug. It sailed through the air and struck a minitor's shoulder. He growled and roared in pain as it began to inject him, its armor peircing teeth making way to his skin. He grabbed it causing ti to explode in another cloud of acid around the enemy group. for the most part only the minitor began to die with acid going down his side inside his body. the others feeling large amounts of pain as the cloud settled on any exposed skin/scales/fur and reducing there armors strength. Vita began to fire his normal lazor weapons rapidly to supress the enemy team. Guthrie weaved a spell and the orb hit the ground near the enemy team and vines began to entangle the enemy teams limbs. Fren fired more pulse rounds at the enemy to further supress them before 6 seconds where up. "Now." she said to signal Alina and to let vita know to cease fire.

Edited by little lost dragon

"They'll be through in seconds!" Guthrie called, already moving behind Vita as the first couple of shot punched through the roots.

The air was suddenly full of incoming fire, both coming and going as Guthrie threw spells at the attackers. A couple were traps for the invaders feet, but a couple of others were more devious, one that created flowers on the ceiling that leaked a clear fluid that caused instant itching and swelling. Another caused strange pods to grow that blew gas out when approached or punctured. The gas caused fits of coughing and eventually vomiting. After that Guthrie resorted to his most aggressive spells, the ones that focused on tearing an opponent apart.

Alina began summoning power to herself the moment Fren began the countdown and blinked out of existence at six.

The trip was far from easy even if it seemed instantaneous on the plane that Fren and Guthrie were on. The shadow people were in a state of turmoil, moving around, screeching and attacking one another.

Alina's mind immediately went to the day she was born when she had phased here on accident. This particular plane still frightened her even if she knew that none of the shadows could hurt or even touch her. The noise and the presence was enough of a scare though, so it still took an act of will to force herself forward. She could sense where it was that she would appear in the hall and was careful where she placed herself before finally putting pressure on the barriers between worlds. With a faint 'pop' Alina re-entered the castle directly behind the enemy troops. It took mere seconds for Alina to take a large breath and begin to breathe blackfire on the enemy.

The effect was instantaneous as her fire began to catch on the enemies clothes and skin, freezing them alive even if the blackish-blue flames moved like normal fire.

When she ran out of breath Alina bounded into the fray, her steel-sheathed claws shattering frozen limbs, cutting through unfrozen flesh, and generally doing a great deal of damage.

Guthrie moved up the moment attention moved from him to Alina, where he began attacking at a closer range, the razor sharp branches piercing the enemy like hundreds of spears as he continued to move forward.

In less then 30 seconds it was over, dead enemies at their feet, some whole, others melted. The worst were the frozen ones though, which shattered when struck, leaving pieces dozens of feet away.

Guthrie went to Alina immediately and checked on her, only stopping after giving her a hug and making sure she was alright.

"You did good." He said quietly, hugging Alina again who returned the hug this time.

"Now come on, we have to retake those outposts." He said, looking at Guthrie for directions as friendly reinforcements came around the corner. A tall being seemingly made of boulders had a large weapon which it set to the side before stomping its feet repeatedly. A stone barricade pushed up from the ground with every stomp until a solid stone wall blocked off the corridor. The being stopped long enough for the group to get through before finishing the fortifications and taking up position with the other reinforcements.

"Ok Vita, which way?" Guthrie asked again, looking around.

Fren moved forward with Guthrie using her new melee weapon to slash the enemy down. Her training for weak spots showed as she hardly made contact with any armor plates. And nearly tor limb from limb in a flurry of shiny silver movements. Vita moved up still firing though taking care not to hit his allies.

Once the enemy team was killed Fren came over to Alina and congratulated her as well. giving her a hug before looking at Vita. "Past 2 more halls and to a left." he said before moving. Fren had not seen him move quite that fast before. He did n ot seem to care for the noise he was making with each step. A enemy scout scooted out from around a corner and bounced off Vita's body and fell on its back. Dazed the enemy scout was too slow to recover and ended up with his gut flattened like a paper tunel being stepped on killing the scout instantly. Fren caught up and kept her weapons ready. "We'll enter the out post first and then to the fight." Vita said as they went.

Beyond the next turn the sounds of explosions and heav fighting could be heard. Fren glanced at Guthrie "Freeing up Vita's bases might attract Nuria's attention as well, since we'll need to kill several points of her army to free up forces that will help against her own." she pointed out.

When they reached the out post the large room was blazing in fighting. A large structure to the left was sometimes zapping enemy wearing armor. Though one seemed to be avoided and was attaching a strange device like a charge. Vita lifted his arm and began firing. "Advanced reactor, damaged but functional, it blows the out post is destroied." he stated.

Fren went into action diving forward before leaping onto a turret as its swiviled about shooting at the enemy with pulse lazor shots constantly firing as it turned. Fren fired some of her own rounds before leaping to buldings keeping a hight advantage before she got locked in combat with a team of enemy flyers. vita went straight for the enemy heavy's using his new shield to take the hits before firing a D-gun blast killing one of the heavy's. It was easy to tell what where the factory's as they nanolothed units in the fight to replunish the ones that died. However the K-bot facility looked like its armor would not hold out much longer. the construction K-bot that had been following the group pumped into Alina before making its way to the K-bot factory. Its top opened and a cone came out before it began to spray the green nano's at the building repairing it.

Guthrie took only a moment to look over the battle before calling for Alina to follow him. He skirted the major melee in the center of the room and instead began to engage teams of enemy troops that were firing over the carnage in the middle.

Guthrie and Alina made a good team as Guthrie would draw the enemies fire and Alina would appear behind them, lashing out and killing the three and four man teams before they could do anything.

From the other side of the room motion caught Guthrie and Alina's eyes though as another dragon, this one a beautiful gold and red, entered the room. It was larger then Alina by a little, but more importantly was built broader and more muscular. It became obvious that this dragon was a male as it turned its gaze on Alina and bellowed in a language that Guthrie only recognized from the time he had entered Alina's book with her.

Alina looked up at this and her yellow eyes narrowed as she saw her counterpart. She yelled something back in the same language before making a rude gesture that Jak had once taught her. The other dragon may not have understood the gesture but he could guess we'll enough to get angry.

He barreled at Alina, trampling troops from both sides before snapping its wings open and diving on the smaller grey dragon.

Alina crouched low as the dragon got closer, her own muscles preparing to move as the red dragon dove.

At the last instant she dived to the side, partially avoiding the attack. The red dragon wasn't stupid and had expected the deception, altering his flight enough to hit Alina partially.

The red dragons claws scraped across Alina's armor and scales, leaving a number of scratches but no real damage.

It was at this point that the size difference became apparent, with the red dragon being bigger, outweighing her, and being more muscular. That being said Alina was whipcord thin compared to the red, and was therefore far faster and more flexible. She also had the armor which made all the difference in the world, allowing her to put up a good fight.

The both of them were soon locked in combat, roaring at each other in the odd language that they both spoke, their claws flashing and fangs biting as they rolled around, crushing anyone or anything that got in their way.

Guthrie began to move as quick as he could towards the fight, but was soon pushed away as the firefight grew heavier, leaving him to take cover and snap off spells whenever he could, praying for Alina's safety the whole time.

The worry he had for her was justified as it turned out, because Alina, while doing damage, wasn't winning her fight. The red dragon was bigger, stronger and more importantly, experienced. He knew how to fight another dragon, where to bite and claw to do the most damage, and how to avoid the return attacks.

When the two finally broke away from each other both were covered in blood and nursing wounds. Alina was in far worse shape however, with large gashes along her side, numerous bite marks on her neck, and rips in her wings.

To her credit though the red dragon wasn't in great shape either, with damage taken from numerous portions where Alina had lashed at anything in range.

The two watched each other carefully, each nursing wounds when Alina suddenly disappeared in a haze of shadow.

The red dragon hadn't been expecting this, and turned, looking around him for his opponent.

Without warning Alina reappeared above the red, and fell, claws extended to impale the enemy dragon. The moment they were inside Alina began to hack and claw at the dragons back, cutting through different bones quickly.

The red never stood a chance as its spine was cut in numerous places while its organs were punctured and clawed until they ceased functioning. Within seconds the red dragon died, not even making a sound as its eyes went dark.

It took everything Alina had to get up and stagger back towards the allied forces where she finally collapsed onto her side, blood covering her from head to tail.

Within seconds Guthrie was at her side, healing her quickly even though he was beginning to feel the strain of using so much power so quickly.

Around him the fight was slowly turning in the allies favor and they were pushing the enemy from the room. The cost was steep however, with hundreds of the dead and dying covering the ground.

Fren was busy fighting her own fight leaping stabbing bounding shooting. She sometimes would go to point blank range using the wrist shield/blade. Her speed taking many foes off guard for her size and mass but her powerful legs allowing her to move very nimble and lightly. Her tail serving as a good thrid limb for disabling and disarming her foes. At one point she used her armor at her tail tip to punch in a centipede mans face. But being out of this kind of action for so long she was starting to breath a little heavily. Thankfully the battle her would not be much longer. the enemy was starting to retreat and she fired another death slug at the entrance way. A blow to her back sent her forward and a blow to the front right afterwards sent her onto her back. A foul ork or brute thing stood over her and seemed to be twice her size in out round he was. She hissed and struck with her taloned feet. Plunging them into his touph hide before she gave a shout of effort and sent him up a bit and into the stone wall where he fell into a heap breathing heavy. 8 marks on his belly where Fren's talons prieced his skin. She got up and fired her weapon at him and he growled and rised his massive shield. She smiled and grabbed a Shatong gernade and jumped using the things own shield to block his line of sight of her. She sailed through the air and tossed the creature like gernade, it landed on his shoulder before exploding taking off his head. She landed and whirled around to face the second one taking the hit to her shield blade but the hit sent her sliding back a little. She went to dash to the side but something snagged her foot. She whirled around to see a medusa like creature smiling at her, she hissed and shot the creature in the face killing it before 2 large hands clamped on both of Fren's sides as the second big creature thing grabbed her and charged her into the castle wall she lashed out with her tail and feet creating a bloody mess before the creature passed out from blood loss as his guts spilled out. Fren retreated now limping back. Her armor still looked alright, but being rammed into a wall by a creature 5 times her own weight as he tried to crush her.

Vita shrugged off most hits and either turned his foes into smears on the stone flooring or desintagreated them with his lazors and D-gun. Once the foes where retreating he fired more shots after them as the units active gave chose firing missles and plasma shots after the enemys. He turned and came over to the friendly side of the room as the out post returned to focusing on making units "One freed. Main base and others still under fire. Whats your status?" he asked seeing them not looking the best for shape. Alina was a mess, Fren was beaten up, Guthrie was about the only one with out too many hits, but seemed to be getting tired from so much use of his ability.

Even though Alina was healed she was still breathing hard as she staggered to Fren's side, her body exhausted from the strain of combat and injuries.

Guthrie was right behind and quickly began to heal Fren, the magic closing wounds and healing her internal injuries from being slammed against the wall. When he had finished he helped Fren sit up and held her tight for a moment.

He wanted desperately to yell at Alina, to tell her that what she had done was stupid and dangerous, but somehow he couldn't come up with the energy. Instead he turned and hugged his daughter, closing his eyes and rubbing Alina's back with one hand like he had done since she was little.

"Give us five minutes and we'll move to the main base." Guthrie said, drawing on the staffs power and creating a circle where he could begin to pour energy back into his families bodies.

"This is only a temporary fix." He said as trails of green energy flowed into the the families bodies.

"It'll last an hour or so, and when it's over we'll have to rest. Our bodies are only getting a small boost. Enough to take back the main base, but nothing more." He finished the spell and sat back as more energy poured into the three of them, making their bodies and minds feel as though they had just gotten a good nights sleep and we're ready to tackle the day. Their limbs were light again, their minds were clear, and all felt good as new.

"Ok, lead on Vita." Guthrie said, wiping away the circle with a gesture.

Fren gave Alina a hug as Guthrie healed her and sat up with the help. She hugged her mate back before he hugged Alina as well. She nodded as Guthrie recharged them and stood up after a few moments. "Bit out of shape, lets get that main base freed up. Then we should check on Avira." she said as Vita turned to lead the way.

"The main base is about 10 times the size of the out post. It makes the bulk of the forces and has the best defences. It is currently keeping the fight bottle necked at one entrance. The enemy though needs to pass by 6 ally strong points before they can hit the base from both sides. The closest path detected will lead us right into there rought to renforce the attack line." he said as they went "It will take a bit longer, but will take the path to the base that is further, if we take the closest one we will be over whelmed in moments." he said as they went.

Fren looked at Alina and Guthrie as they went before looking at Alina "If you need help, call for it, I saw the fight with the dragon, and you did well, but letting your self take such hits is too risky when you can call for help." she said. "But good thinking on that last move there, part of winning a fight is to use all assets you have. There is no such thing as a fair fight, the only rule that matters in battle, is survival. After all, should you and your allies die, the war battle is lost." she said making sure Alina would not take it as a no to fighting, just some some encourgament and pointers.

"Ok." Alina said, staying close to Fren. She didn't respond much after that, instead seeming to be content with walking and watching for the enemy.

The truth was that she was sheltering herself from what she had just seen and done. She had watched the life drain from the other dragons eyes. Her claws and body were still stained with his blood, and for the rest of her life she would know that she had ended another's existance.

Alina was ignoring the thoughts for the moment, focusing instead on the next fight, but anyone who had experience with battle would have told her that she was only staving off the inevitable.

The route the group took was relatively quick, and brought them into the strong point closest the headquarters. The hall was more of a staircase truth be told, and the staircase was massive.

Easily five hundred paces wide it dropped down at a gentle incline. At the top was the headquarters, and at the bottom was Nuria's army, pushing forward with every ounce of strength they could muster.

The strong points in question were walls that had been constructed, each with battlements that allowed guns and other ranged weapons to fire into the oncoming horde while still benefitting from cover. The clever part of using the stairs like this was that even if one of the strong points were taken the next strongpoint still had a perfect view of the enemy, allowing them to keep firing.

From their position at the top strongpoint the group could see a hail of bullets, lasers, magic, and hundreds of other things being shot between the wall and the army below.

A scope was handed to Guthrie who looked through it carefully before giving Fren a quick smile.

"Looks like our job is easier now." He said, pointing down.

On the front line stood Nuria, resplendent in her armor, a flaming sword held in each hand and an almost manic smile on her face.

In front of her stood Medad, also armed with his weapons, in this case a shield and a sword.

Medad seemed to be trying to talk to Nuria but it was obviously a wasted effort as Nuria launched herself into combat with Medad.

There was something akin to an explosion when the two met as they turned the area around them into a crater which served as their arena.

Bullets and the like that targeted either side ricocheted off of an invisible source above them, which meant the two armies eventually went back to trying to kill one another.

Besides that there was only one other point of interest, in this case Jak, who stood near the center of the army, bellowing orders as he brandished his sword at the strongpoint. To his credit the wall was beginning to crumble as more firepower was brought to bear. Already the defenders were retreating to the next strongpoint as the first disentigrated in a colossal explosion a few moments later.

"If we can get him up here I can go and make the circle now!" Guthrie shouted over the fighting. "I'm going upstairs to make the circle. Fren if we can get him up here we can release him."

"I can get him." Alina said quickly.

"No! I told you no!" Guthrie yelled.

"Dad stop!" Alina yelled back, tears coming now. "Dad I know you're scared, that you don't like this place, but we have to do this!" She cried. "When we lost Jak I was to small to help, and now we have a chance to get him back! This is the best way and you know it! If we don't do it this way then we risk moms life, Vita's life, probably my life too. If I do it my way then only one persons at risk, and that's me. It's the best way, especially since Nuria's distracted!"

Guthrie's hands closed tight around the staff until they turned white, trying to find an argument that could over come Avira's.

Finally he through his hands up and floated off to begin drawing the circle, leaving Fren and Alina to look at each other.

"Mom, please..." Alina begged. "Please, we have to get Jak back. He's my friend, and I can help now. He'd do this for me, why can't I save him?"

Fren looked down the steps to where Guthrie pointed and nodded seeing Medad and Nurias locked in combat, and Jak not far off barking orders. She looked at looked at Alina as she said she could get Jak now. And Guthrie gave up trying to convince Alina. Her daughter turned to look at her now and Fren knelt down and hugged her daughter. "I know there's no changing your mind Alina, Best of luck. We'll be waiting up here." she said before letting go and looking at Vita "Warn your defences, where going to take back a captured friend, only on my mark does anything fire on him." she ordered before nodding to Alina to do her thing. Vita sent out the signal the small area infront of Guthrie was to be left alone.

((Sorry about the delay and short ish post... not feeling the best today))