TJ09

2014-02-01 - Raffle Update

That would be a good reason to choose female! lol

I keep hoping I'll find another cb male gold tinsel, and one whose owner has an open list. *yeah. Fat Chance* I have a 2nd gen bleeding moon from male gold tinsel and in my world the perfect mate would be a gold tinsel from male tinsel and female bleeding moon.

In the meantime, I keep trying to get a 2nd gen regular gold from female bleeding moon. They have not been cooperative.

Once all this year's prizes have grown up I'm looking forward to seeing who is doing what with their dragons.

I've been told that Bleeding Moons pretty much refuse to give shiny things; it's a shame, because I'd love a line from them. The colors are nice.

Here's my fool proof plan to get a CB prize dragon:

1) Learn how to draw

2) Learn how to sprite

3) Sprite new Prize dragon

4) ?????

5) Profit

And by that I mean you end up with a Spriter's Alt. as opposed to one of the actual prize colors (And this is why I will never learn to Sprite - as I would be so indecisive about what unique color variant I would want for myself)

And on a different note - I have to laugh at my current set of growing hatchlings:

A Gold found on the AP

A Horse taken from the cave to celebrate the Chinese New Year

A Gold Tinsel found on the AP

And little Riven in all her Bronze Tinsel glory

That poor horse of mine looks so out of place with all the shiny - so glad it will be grown in just under a day

I've been told that Bleeding Moons pretty much refuse to give shiny things; it's a shame, because I'd love a line from them. The colors are nice.

I thought the same thing. I love those colors. I also love female Bronze Tinsel x male Gold-Horned Tangar. I haven't seen a line like it probably because you'd get a bunch of fails. ><

Huh. That would explain some things.

I have a shimmer with deep sea like that. Only fails. No shiny. Bad dragons!

Blue-spotted? That's not a nickname that I'm familiar with.

I do know that Black Teas (I've been trying to get a 2nd gen Silver from Black Tea out of my solitary CB Silver female for months; no luck yet), Blacktips, Bleeding Moons, and Spotted Greenwings are nearly impossible - they all give eggs of their own breeds almost exclusively. I'm sure there are others that I'm not thinking of right now, though.

Moral of the story: caveblockers are difficult and annoying to do non-PB lineages with.

if you really want to name a difficult breed : Turpentines. My favorte dragon of all time and getting shinies out of them is darn impossible. And half the time they refuse their mate! xd.png

Anyways, is silky the one with the highest V/UV/C count of the new ones? and I' surprised the wiki hasnt added anything yet.

Mwahaha, share my pain!

laugh.gif

A Horse taken from the cave to celebrate the Chinese New Year

That poor horse of mine looks so out of place with all the shiny - so glad it will be grown in just under a day

But that is a glorious Chinese New Year horse! The first day of year of the horse only comes once every twelve years, whereas prize dragons are given out every year (and bred all the time). So I guess you are right, a horse of such distinction does look out of place among all the more common shiny baubles. tongue.gif

Edited by Tecca

Huh. That would explain some things.

Setiously. I got shimmer x deep sea... It hasn't given me a shiny in more then eight months. Four more and we'll go a full year xd.png

But that is a glorious Chinese New Year horse! The first day of year of the horse only comes once every twelve years, whereas prize dragons are given out every year (and bred all the time). So I guess you are right, a horse of such distinction does look out of place among all the more common shiny baubles. tongue.gif

I never thought of it like that - thanks!

*pets her awesome horse dragon*

To add: If my prize was an HM - I would have probably gone for a Horse dragon (and gave it the code Horse, just to be funny and go along with my Horse dragon hoarding)

Edited by ShorahNagi

gah my1st hatched and oh my word I cannot wait to see its gender. I want it to be a suprise but I'm hoping female :3 I love surprises. So anxious. 3-4 more days before I can tell.

@AnanoKimi - That is an awesome code

And is is just me - or does it seem that most of the people who won and have posted have influenced or are hoping their egg/hatchling is Female?

I'm hoping mine is female so I can call her Mistress Mist. But Lord Mist works well too :3 Come to think of it... Male sounds awesome. Lord Myst X3 Yesssssss Thatis perfect.

Mine is influenced male (fingers crossed; I have a depressingly high influence fail rate), but it does seem like a lot of people are hoping/planning to have theirs gender female.

gah my1st hatched and oh my word I cannot wait to see its gender. I want it to be a suprise but I'm hoping female :3 I love surprises. So anxious. 3-4 more days before I can tell.

If it goes female, you can breed with Heartseeker. Male, and you can breed with Solstice. Either way those are the prettiest holiday mates~ You win either way~

i contemplated going male because Apollo was the only male golden tinsel but i have a specific line I REALLY wanted to do and i dislike the female sprite of that breed