Descripforce

Description Force!

can’t you specify the errors in the comment box?

also, what does one do about users who use the description for notes? I came across one that reads, “breed with [redacted]” 

Edited by mishhelle

2 hours ago, mishhelle said:

also, what does one do about users who use the description for notes? I came across one that reads, “breed with [redacted]” 

Reject, with comment "This is not a notepad".

2 hours ago, mishhelle said:

can’t you specify the errors in the comment box?

You can, but if it's something really minor (like it's not its or vice versa; or a missing comma), it seems like overkill to reject it. But that is how the system goes.

Btw, the link for the image I posted above is here. ;)

Edited by Lagie
adding link

Gonna grab me some food and get started.

Edit: Ok, break time. Been at it for 2 hours and I need to do some IRL stuff. be back later

Edit: And I'm back! I can't finish the housework until my roommate leaves lol

Edited by IzzyCat91

Just to give an update, we're both pretty busy today and are squeezing in time to do this. We'll continue to whittle down the list tonight.

Thanks! :)

I did lots of reviewing at various points today. It seems like a long time back that I used to reach the end of the queue each day.

I have been reviewing off and on in between tasks today myself (I have lost track of how many I reviewed lol) I just got home from dinner and still have some home things to finish, but I'll probably be doing this until bed other than that.

Ack, I'm sorry I missed this! Work has been kicking my butt lately. Hope to jump in and do some reviewing this afternoon! :)

On-and-off reviewing for me. Sorry for not responding here sooner!

Sorry we didn't have the chance to update last week, but we did knock out 100-200 descriptions last week! I'm going to do some more today, and Kaini and I will be doing them in tandem again tomorrow! Our backlog is monstrous, but we're determined to get it down.

*starts setting up tables and snacks for whomever wants to join*

Huzzah! Good start! :D

*adds chairs, comfy cushions, and - of course - brownies*

Ooh, I'm actually around today! And reading a description every time I finish grading a paper sounds like a good reward-incentive structure for me to knock out the (much-less-interesting) grading.

*sets up a hot water kettle and begins fussing over packets of tea and cocoa*

I have some at home things to do, and my stepdaughter is here currently, so I'll be spending time with her, but after she goes home this evening, I'll likely do some reviewing

As we head into Description Day, our stats are just shy of 5,000 descriptions needing approval. My goal is to knock out hopefully 500 today with @Kaini, and I would love to knock out more. My focus right now is to knock out the users with the most descriptions in their queue.

Update for today: over 200 descriptions down! @Kaini and I managed to do so many that our Users With the Most Descriptions page has refreshed with some new members! @Dirtytabs your descriptions are done!!! Thank you for that journey into your world-building lore! @Kakaru_of_DOOM and @Mathcat I want to get your queues down as well. Just over 4,700 descriptions needing approval now, thank you so much for your help everyone!

While Sundays have become Descripdoom days, I will be trying during the week to do better at knocking out descriptions. :) 

12 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Update for today: over 200 descriptions down! @Kaini and I managed to do so many that our

Well done, both of you! :D Thank you!

*sets out celebratory brownies*

Do you also have a list of 'descriptions with the most reviews'?

I did get some reviewing done yesterday, though not as much as I'd hoped. Will see how much more I can do later today.

ETA:

Holy smokes! I don't think I've ever seen so many reviews on one description. XD

• Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept: Definitely won't be mispronouncing her name anytime soon... - Ais
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
Edited by Lagie
Adding list

23 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

@Dirtytabs your descriptions are done!!! Thank you for that journey into your world-building lore!

Oh, wow! Thank you both. You're amazing! I know I add a bunch to the queue. ^^

Hey y'all! Can I ask for a judgement call? It's Spoopy Season(tm) and I wrote a creepy dragon description, but when I read it to my partner... Well, I wondered, hmm, is this Too Much? There's nothing in the description guidelines about gore or body horror sort of content, but also, I figured it couldn't hurt to check and be sure that this met community guidelines and was, like, appropriate. ^^;

Description in the spoiler below! Trigger warning of dragon body horror and gore.

Spoiler

Wingsnapper's name is earned in bone and ligament, in blood- and scaleshed. Her Scimitar-wing Clan's territory lies at the very edge of the Weyr of Flame's bounds, and like many of her Clan, she dreamed from hatchlinghood of joining Emperor Flameflow's peacekeepers, dragons who patrol the territory ensuring that his laws are kept, tithes are fairly gathered, and those who would disturb the peace are stopped. The role is honorable, well rewarded, a way to earn her meat and protect what she loves, as well.

Wingsnapper rose quickly through the peacekeepers' ranks, known for always catching her prey. The sharp blades tipping her wings are actually her weapon of last resort. Mostly, she uses her small size and shocking speed to slip inside her foes' defenses and break their wings in half. Cleanly, quickly, brutally. At the center.

It's a remarkably efficient way to ground a fleeing dragon, and many simply surrender themselves upon hearing she'd arrived, knowing her name before her face.

Edited by Feathers

26 minutes ago, Feathers said:

Description in the spoiler below!

It's a tad gruesome but should be okay. I'll be staying out of her way, too. ;)

Thanks for your insight, @Lagie! And for finding it gruesome, too, haha

Hello guys, i'm would really appreciate if you could give your advice about this fresh written description of mine. SHe's intended for a female Oracle Wyrm (egg caought n the jungle) who recently... had a little zombie-accident. The descriptioncould be polished, any help is super appreciated, thanks!!

Oraclea was a solitary Oracle Wyrm from a secluded and forgotten jungle located in the South of Valkemare. Humidity levels are so high there that even breathing is difficult as meandering mist constantly floats among vegetation. Oraclea loved her isolated home, she knew every swamp, every odd tree and root thet grew there: this was her nesting ground for many years, she lived safe from dangers of the open world. The fateful arrival of humans in the area signed her demise, as they arrogantly took over her territory, building farms, villages and roads over the verdant jungle. Oraclea tried to avoid them, spying them from afar, but humans heard stories about Oracle Wyrms being terrible omens and bringers of misfortune, so they killed her in cold blood.  Oraclea entrusted her last wish to a trustworthy Dragonkeeper to help her to get her revenge: she made her revive with a crystal of life mana, so that her presence will haunt the jungle forever, forbidding any unworthy humans to live there.

Edited by Naruhina_94

2 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Hello guys, i'm would really appreciate if you could give your advice about this fresh written description of mine. SHe's intended for a female Oracle Wyrm (egg caought n the jungle) who recently... had a little zombie-accident. The descriptioncould be polished, any help is super appreciated, thanks!!

Oraclea was a solitary Omen Wyrm from a secluded and forgotten jungle located in the South of Valkemare. Humidity levels are so high there that even breathing is difficult as meandering mist constantly floats among vegetation. Oraclea loved her isolated home, she knew every swamp, every odd tree and root thet grew there: this was her nesting ground for many years, she lived safe from dangers of the open world. The fateful arrival of humans in the area signed her demise, as they arrogantly took over her territory, building farms, villages and roads over the verdant jungle. Oraclea tried to avoid them, spying them from afar, but humans heard stories about Oracle Wyrms being terrible omens and bringers of misfortune, so they killed her in cold blood.  Oraclea entrusted her last wish to a trustwhorty Dragonkeeper to help her to get her revenge: she made her revive with a crystal of life mana, so that her presence will haunt the jungle foverer, forbidding any unworthy humans to live there.

Well, first off, you have omen instead of oracle! XD

typos: that - trustworthy - forever

The story itself is good.  Poor dragon having her space taken over like that. :(

45 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Well, first off, you have omen instead of oracle! XD

typos: that - trustworthy - forever

The story itself is good.  Poor dragon having her space taken over like that. :(

Thank you very much! I'm not native English and I'm a bit rusty, too

which "that" is a grammar error?

2 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Thank you very much! I'm not native English and I'm a bit rusty, too

which "that" is a grammar error?

This one:

every odd tree and root thet grew there: this 

... should be that, not thet.