Descripforce

Description Force!

Hey, I got a question. What happens if you press submit review without voting anything? It seems it changes the dragon given to me to review, but I guess there would be no vote showing up for the dragon description in question?

I didn't know the page would let you hit submit without picking one.

Well. I just found your drake and submitted some words without a vote, so I'm curious to see what you see on your end.

18 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

I didn't know the page would let you hit submit without picking one.

Well. I just found your drake and submitted some words without a vote, so I'm curious to see what you see on your end.

I think I saw an accept? But I fell asleep before your reply so I am not sure whether it was your accept or someone else’s 😅

For those curious, this image will show you the numbers of pending descriptions. ;)

13 hours ago, Lagie said:

For those curious, this image will show you the numbers of pending descriptions. ;)

Hahaha... ha .... aaaaaaa

Pictured on the dips - the exact moment Kaini decides to kick some arse

I was going to complain about having descriptions pending for a year but with ~3700 pending I'll let you get away with it this time :P

7 hours ago, Kaini said:

Hahaha... ha .... aaaaaaa

Pictured on the dips - the exact moment Kaini decides to kick some arse

Yup. You can definitely see when a concerted effort is made, but we know you have a real life, too! ;) Thank you for all you do. :D

One of my descriptions is connected to another dragon, and one of the accepts wanted more of the backstory regarding the dragon's chosen mate. I have both here to clarify.

image.png.6e76e0601b4fc7259cb5a24dbfb77514.png

image.png.cf2b5ccd6732d029a2d444614f404894.png

I still have room in Wild Jolt's description to change or alter if needed. 

Also sorry if this is in the wrong topic. I can't remember if descriptions had two topics or one. ^_^;

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

One of my descriptions is connected to another dragon, and one of the accepts wanted more of the backstory regarding the dragon's chosen mate. I have both here to clarify.

image.png.6e76e0601b4fc7259cb5a24dbfb77514.png

image.png.cf2b5ccd6732d029a2d444614f404894.png

I still have room in Wild Jolt's description to change or alter if needed. 

Also sorry if this is in the wrong topic. I can't remember if descriptions had two topics or one. ^_^;

They sound fine to me. The you doesn't need a capital, but the stories are good.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

They sound fine to me. The you doesn't need a capital, but the stories are good.

Thanks. lol. I knew I had forgotten one typo, but I just couldn't see it. xD

Edited by Syiren

Have people noticed there are a few descriptions submitted that are a bit random. An example I made up:

This is Steve, he is an X dragon. 

Or:

He is named Steve because of X. 

And thats it? Maybe if your lucky you get another sentence about how its a blue dragon or something XD

I feel a bit conflicted as to what to do about these, there seems to be a lot. 

I tend to reject, with a recommendation to 'tell us more' - e.g. Does he like blueberries? Is he a swimmer? Does he like the name Steve?

There's a bunch of dragons whose descriptions are just a generation marker, like G2. Wondering if I should holler Kai or Rain to scrub them 😕

Preachiness probably has no permanent home, though her favorite sky area is above a gravesite not far from Doboja, a pretty organized one that still gets new interments. No one knows exactly why she likes it so much, but everyone there feels a sense of peace when they're there and see her overhead, or they think they see her overhead. Even individuals rendered immobile by grief calm down and feel more at ease when Preachiness floats down and delivers some soothing ideas to them. She is, unfortunately, subject to a persistent wicked rumor: some claim to have seen her interacting in a friendly manner with some horrible dragons, the sorts who are brutish and vicious and would gladly put people in graves. Slander. One persistent gossipmonger insists Preachiness has had sexual relations with one, which is wrong in multiple ways. Preachiness herself seems uncaring and unaffected by the nasty tales, and this cool serenity is another reason folks like her so much.

Reject (Inappropriate Language): Keep your descriptions clean - no sexual references

Surely, a largely glossed over mention of a salacious rumor is fine? I've seen more detailed descriptions except with "sex" replaced with "breeding", as if they are not synonymous.

3 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

There's a bunch of dragons whose descriptions are just a generation marker, like G2. Wondering if I should holler Kai or Rain to scrub them 😕

Rain?

Do they have a scroll name? That helps!

Surely, a largely glossed over mention of a salacious rumor is fine?

I think I accepted that one. If it's not a mod reject, I wouldn't worry too much.

On 5/27/2022 at 10:36 PM, Lagie said:

to reject, with a recommendation to 'tell us more' - e.g. Does he like blueberries? Is he a swimmer? Does he like the name Steve?

Thanks, I will do the same in future :) 

There's a bunch of dragons whose descriptions are just a generation marker, like G2. W

Found one of these just now. I dont get why people do this? Odd. 

Just now, Ruffledfeathers said:

Found one of these just now. I dont get why people do this? Odd. 

Some people use descriptions as personal notebooks. XD

They've bravely ( :P ) chosen to leave it visible, so I can report a name. I wonder if the personal notebook-users are aware other people read them.

Oops! Rainstar's been inactive for a year. That leaves... um, just one thread regular Kaini?

You're right, Lagie- I think I was on edge because it was a pretty "powerful" reject. :)

Just now, Dirtytabs said:

That leaves... um, just one thread regular Kaini?

Yup. Just @Kaini.

Hold onto your butts today guys! (Working on descriptions lol)

*holds butt* :P

*and goes to do some reviewing*

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

Hold onto your butts today guys! (Working on descriptions lol)

I'm working on them with her! We'll knock out what we can!

1 hour ago, Dirtytabs said:

Thank you both! :D

Ditto! Thank you, both! :)

I managed to do some. It's hard on my phone, especially when they're long.

Aight so, i have this description on my dragon, and its pending approval. Then, i see this one comment saying lore/setting is conflicting, anybody know why?

7B8BBBC3-1288-40BC-93D3-26EB1C1AFD09.jpeg