Descripforce

Description Force!

I'm liking the new look/buttons. I might throw a tweak to the Suggestions, though. New shard goals!

Aw, the character limit is still pretty short. :P

I like the new buttons for the most part but not the implication that bad spelling/grammar is an automatic reject rather than an abstain

If it's a word or two misspelled or one misplaced period, I still abstain with the spelling/grammar comment in the box.

33 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

If it's a word or two misspelled or one misplaced period, I still abstain with the spelling/grammar comment in the box.

Ditto. I've approved a couple, too, with a "But... shelter is misspelled" (or whatever the one word is).

Oh! I got a Reject with the dropdown reason listed right behind it... and forgot to copy the text to put here before resubmitting. >.>

Also, a comment on this fella (thank you ❤️ )

Accept: This is excellent. Boi's got his priorities straight. I don't like oysters or omelets, but dang it I'll eat both on February 27.

Copy-pasting one of zombie's pending descriptions since zombie descriptions only show up when the zombies do.

Being a Drake in life, Noms on FgNGRs was never very bright to begin with, even before becoming a Zombie. As such, he hasn't realised that his favorite food has been mispelled in his own name. Even if he could comprehend such things as spelling and grammar, it wouldn't matter to him anyway. As far as he's concerned the only thing his favorite food is good for is munching on - not writing.

Two blank accepts and not a word about his favourite food

1 hour ago, Chaos Rider said:

Two blank accepts and not a word about his favourite food

Totally normal! I don't think a lot of people pay attention to the codes.

Though... I did get this list of approvals for Dave:

https://dragcave.net/view/Dave3

User Comments

• Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept
  • Accept: Lol the code says Dave3

XD

Well I got my wish XD

Reject (Inappropriate Language)

I disagree with the reasoning, though.

23 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Well I got my wish XD

I disagree with the reasoning, though.

Hunh. Which description was it, if I may ask?

It's for a Wrapping-Wing:

When Christmastime comes, Mint indulges in food, gifts, and song. In the past couple of decades, due to greater ease of resource gathering and comforts that would have been devilishly hard to come by just a century ago, he's noticed that he puts on a lot of weight every holiday, especially his waist and thighs. His sad, fat rear would take months to return to a callipygian state. Eventually, even his mate expressed disappointment with his unhealthy habit. To get fit fast, Mint began a diet and exercise regimen. Now, "renewing" his sad old butt is an annual activity: he eats less fatty, sweet food during the holidays, and after, he schedules aerobics, flights, and jogs and has carefully portioned lean meat and vegetables. In a week, his butt is like new: shapely and attractive. It's hard work to achieve this by December's end, but the results bring him joy and self-confidence, and admiring gropes from his mate. On the first of January, Mint celebrates a happy new rear with champagne.

I did not use any rude words!

Hmm. Perhaps it's the kind of adult-oriented activity? I don't see the butts being the issue.

I have a question relating to a description I'm working on. Say you have a dragon hatchling grow up in your living room and it is too big to fit through the door. How do you get it out of the house?

Set fire to the house? XD

Use a hatchet to widen the door.

Dig a very large hole under a wall.

Keep the dragon in the house and use it as a heater (a la Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel).

Let the dragon find its own way out and either rebuild or move when it's done so.

17 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

I have a question relating to a description I'm working on. Say you have a dragon hatchling grow up in your living room and it is too big to fit through the door. How do you get it out of the house?

Depends on what kind of house you have XD I'm imagining this in my home, so since we have a set of floor-to-ceiling glass window (part of it is technically a door, but majority of it can't be moved) in my living room, I would just destroy those glass to get it out. It's better than destroying the wall because it doesn't risk the entire house falling down, and easier to repair

18 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Let the dragon find its own way out and either rebuild or move when it's done so.

Make the dragon-shaped hole in your wall into your new doorway?

8 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

Make the dragon-shaped hole in your wall into your new doorway?

Yup. That would work, too! XD

You'd need an expert carpenter to get the door just right.

Edited by Lagie

"When one is in a hurry things are never where they ought to be" thought Vyrmith's keeper as she frantically searched through drawers trying to find the Time and Ice mana necessary for a freezing spell. Having found the required ingredients she returned to the living room. Only, instead of a Black hatchling curled under the table, there was a Black adult with the table resting off the floor on its back. It's hindquarters and neck were squashed awkwardly against opposite walls and it wore a chair for a hat. After discussing with her friends on how to get a dragon that was too big to fit through the doorway out of the house, the keeper settled on letting Vyrmith make its own way out and finding a carpenter to turn the dragon-shaped hole in the wall into her new door.

The finished description if you're curious

10 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

The finished description if you're curious

Very nice! I like how you included us. :)But please do take the apostrophe out if its. It's = it is, which isn't what you want there. ;)

I've had a description pending for over a year now (iirc) :( This boy https://dragcave.net/view/MqTy4 has had his description pending for forever. I don't know why hes not approved/denied yet? Like the description is alright.  This is it:

Tarn, as he is called, is a mischievous dragon. He loves to lie motionless as if he was an actual copper dragon statue. When an unwary passerby comes near he will greet them when they least expect it. This has led to more than a few near heart attacks. The other members of the cave have learned to live with this habit of his as it is useful in hunting. Being so skillful at remaining still for long stretches he is an apt ambush hunter and is thus a prized member of the cave.

All I have is 10 "Accepts:" and one "Accept: Looks Good" for it being reviewed. Theres no negatives or comments on how it doesn't fit the breed/game. Its for a copper dragon and breed description says they are masters of stealth. This is a form of stealth and gives my dragon personality too >.< I just want other people to read about his quirky nature lol.

4 hours ago, Vampyre said:

I've had a description pending for over a year now (iirc) :( This boy https://dragcave.net/view/MqTy4 has had his description pending for forever. I don't know why hes not approved/denied yet? Like the description is alright.  This is it:

All I have is 10 "Accepts:" and one "Accept: Looks Good" for it being reviewed. Theres no negatives or comments on how it doesn't fit the breed/game. Its for a copper dragon and breed description says they are masters of stealth. This is a form of stealth and gives my dragon personality too >.< I just want other people to read about his quirky nature lol.

It's cute! :)

I guess it's just a matter of mod time... @Kaini?

4 hours ago, Vampyre said:

There are over four thousand in the queue. You can always DM me if you want specific ones looked at, but I've got quite the backlog and have been working 9 hour days just in normal life!

Hey guys, I quite enjoy giving my votes on descriptions, since that way I get to see a lot of short stories or fun facts about people’s dragons. But did anyone ever get lots of descriptions to review from the same user? I think I reviewed at least 5 from the same person.

Also, someone who signed “Storm” reviewed one of my dragons, and they gave me a helpful grammar tip to fix my description. If you see this Storm, thank you ^^

45 minutes ago, AlexPhoenix said:

But did anyone ever get lots of descriptions to review from the same user? I think I reviewed at least 5 from the same person.

That happens a lot. I think some of us write several at a time. Mine tend to be a bit more sporadic. ;)

46 minutes ago, AlexPhoenix said:

they gave me a helpful grammar tip to fix my description

👍 Nice! (I don't often sign my reviews but it's - L when I do.)

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

That happens a lot. I think some of us write several at a time. Mine tend to be a bit more sporadic. ;)

👍 Nice! (I don't often sign my reviews but it's - L when I do.)

Oh wow! I should probably give some more of my dragons more background as well, these are fun to write and I love seeing what people write to me about them ^^

I never signed my reviews before, but it’s cool to know some people do that. And wordy reviews make my day so :))

Descriptions are so fun to write! It's such a perfect set of constraints and worlds that makes for really fun story-telling. And I love how everyone else interprets the world, too!

As far as signing reviews, I do sometimes but not all the time -- I saw other people doing it and just sort of picked it up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯