Descripforce

Description Force!

Dedicated description mods would be amazing. Checking out my dragons and finding out I have year old descriptions in the queue is always fun. ; w;

Edited by AislinnSi

@Kaini, can I say "arse" in a description? I want to say arse in a description. Butt/bum/bottom doesn't cut it.

random question

I have a frozen hatchie that I thought would be fun to name after its parents but I'm at a complete loss for description ideas for it

1 minute ago, Chaos Rider said:

random question

I have a frozen hatchie that I thought would be fun to name after its parents but I'm at a complete loss for description ideas for it

Clearly it hoards sporks! XD

I have a question. This description was mod rejected for first person, but it isn't first person. The first person parts are quotes of the dragon's statements, which in stories are usually acceptable in first person. I did rewrite it a bit to make that more obvious, so I hope that helps. I have a lot of other descriptions like this and if quotes of what a dragon thinks/says can't be in first person, then I should just remove all my descriptions and give up on the whole thing.

Zig Zag Heart loves to fall in love. He does so so often that those who know him recognize the pattern: 
Week 1: "I met a wonderful girl. She is just what I'm looking for." 
Week 2: "I have never been happier. Never known anyone who makes me feel like this". 
Week 3: "She is so controlling. I don't think this is going to work out." 
Week 4: "Tell her I'm not home." 
Week 1:...

The whole description process takes so long. I keep thinking I can get descriptions on all my dragons, but waiting for months and months to get them modded makes it not worthwhile to try.

^^

Players reviewing descriptions helps the mods.

There's one mod reviewing the descriptions now, AFAIK.

There's a bit of a team effort thing here.

Edited by Dirtytabs

Yes, thanks to everyone who comments! And to writers for putting such energy into making creative worlds, too. @Elizabeth Moonstone, I love your concise and beautiful descriptions! I tend to be that person restructuring and moving things around to get every last character out of the limit, but you have great skill for capturing a personality or a moment in such a small space. And @Dirtytabs, your creativity and worldbuilding are really astonishing, and I love coming across your descriptions and getting to read about another part of the tapestry.

And @0x08, while I haven't come across your descriptions in the reviewing process before (I think?), I like the ones you've got in your group so far! I love how you incorporate the world's lore in Kreepberry's. :)

Edited by Feathers

That's very nice of you! I don't worldbuild so much as revisit a few settings to add more inhabitants.

0x08, that's a good start. I'm glad you're joining uuusssss.

Thank you both!! I'm shy about my writing, so it's nice to hear that I'm on the right track. :)

My Green Dino now has a description.

Edited by 0x08

On 10/14/2021 at 6:03 PM, Dirtytabs said:

That's very nice of you! I don't worldbuild so much as revisit a few settings to add more inhabitants.

0x08, that's a good start. I'm glad you're joining uuusssss.

Ah, well, each little description creates its own little world for each dragon, and that's still talented worldbuilding!

And yessss join us, 0x08! So many dragons to describe! :D

One of my gold dragons has a description now! I just submitted it, so it may take a while to appear.

I plan to give descriptions to every "final" pair in my lineage projects. I think it's a fairly reasonable goal.

Halloween update: due to a really unfortunate mixup on my part while I was sorting hatchlings, I separated this guy from his friend. So I wrote a short sad story about it in his description. :(

Halloween update 2: I'm finding myself having to rewrite that description or split it into two because I have a new friend for that dragon now!! I have so many ideas...

Post-Halloween update: she has a description now.

Edited by 0x08

My newest Tinsel darling has a description! I put it together while I was waiting for her to grow up from 4d, I'm quite satisifed with the result.

This pretty lady also has a description now.

Edited by 0x08

So I had This dragon’s description approved a long time ago. However, it contains the name of a now changed breed. Can mods make minor changes? If so would it be ok to now correct the breed name?

It seems a little odd to go through process again because something out of my control got changed (and literally change a single word)! Thanks.

On 11/23/2021 at 2:08 AM, Ruffledfeathers said:

So I had This dragon’s description approved a long time ago. However, it contains the name of a now changed breed. Can mods make minor changes? If so would it be ok to now correct the breed name?

It seems a little odd to go through process again because something out of my control got changed (and literally change a single word)! Thanks.

Make the edit yourself and resubmit. it hurts nothing. Sadly I can't change already accepted ones.

Edited by Kaini

6 hours ago, Kaini said:

Make the edit yourself and resubmit. it hurts nothing. Sadly I can't change already accepted ones.

Ah, nevermind, thank you for the answer though! Just my luck, eh? XD 

On 7/8/2021 at 2:56 PM, RainDear said:

I have a question. This description was mod rejected for first person, but it isn't first person. The first person parts are quotes of the dragon's statements, which in stories are usually acceptable in first person. I did rewrite it a bit to make that more obvious, so I hope that helps. I have a lot of other descriptions like this and if quotes of what a dragon thinks/says can't be in first person, then I should just remove all my descriptions and give up on the whole thing.

Zig Zag Heart loves to fall in love. He does so so often that those who know him recognize the pattern: 
Week 1: "I met a wonderful girl. She is just what I'm looking for." 
Week 2: "I have never been happier. Never known anyone who makes me feel like this". 
Week 3: "She is so controlling. I don't think this is going to work out." 
Week 4: "Tell her I'm not home." 
Week 1:...

The whole description process takes so long. I keep thinking I can get descriptions on all my dragons, but waiting for months and months to get them modded makes it not worthwhile to try.

I would love it if someone would respond to this.

8 hours ago, RainDear said:

I would love it if someone would respond to this.

Hunh. I have a similar list-y description that was approved. I don't think I've seen this go through my queue, but I wouldn't have rejected it if it had. Perhaps the mod was scanning and didn't notice the story bit at the start? @Kaini, are you able to clarify?

On 12/2/2021 at 6:44 PM, Lagie said:

Hunh. I have a similar list-y description that was approved. I don't think I've seen this go through my queue, but I wouldn't have rejected it if it had. Perhaps the mod was scanning and didn't notice the story bit at the start? @Kaini, are you able to clarify?

It's entirely possible I just saw 'I' and immeditely rejected for first person without reading any further, but only if it was already highly user downvoted. It's easy to go through downvoted ones and strike out those that were user down voted a lot without any further attention. I do those first when I sit down to do it, because it's an easy way to knock out anything not needing extra brain power before I move on to higher rated ones I have to read carefully. 

Though it's also possible it wasn't me - I'm not ALWAYS the only mod doing it. 

Did it have any user commentary? Rejects or accepts? 

I'm not sure whether or not it should be accepted due to the list format anyway. But I'd have to read the whole thing. 

Also, @RainDear, it would help if you tagged the people you're looking for a response from.

Edited by Kaini

On 12/3/2021 at 8:24 PM, Kaini said:

It's entirely possible I just saw 'I' and immeditely rejected for first person without reading any further, but only if it was already highly user downvoted. It's easy to go through downvoted ones and strike out those that were user down voted a lot without any further attention. I do those first when I sit down to do it, because it's an easy way to knock out anything not needing extra brain power before I move on to higher rated ones I have to read carefully. 

Though it's also possible it wasn't me - I'm not ALWAYS the only mod doing it. 

Did it have any user commentary? Rejects or accepts? 

I'm not sure whether or not it should be accepted due to the list format anyway. But I'd have to read the whole thing. 

Also, @RainDear, it would help if you tagged the people you're looking for a response from.

He had a few accepts one of the no comment rejects. I think the "list" format is most suitable for this particular description, but I am open to suggestions.

I didn't tag because I hoped for responses from anyone at all.

On 12/11/2021 at 1:37 PM, 0x08 said:

Tried something quirky for this girl's description. Hopefully it doesn't fall completely flat. ;)

Oh, I saw yours today! I like how much character it has; it's very cute! ^-^

Also, if anybody here has the heartseeker dragon description that starts with the word "Lavishing", I think my comments got site-eaten and would be happy to explain why I rejected it. I liked the description overall!

Check out the new set up for reviewing, guys!

Screenshot_20211231-150916.thumb.jpg.2ec18cd8eaebb772ee534ab1c387bc1f.jpg

(There's a surprise, too! ;) )

OHHH. I'm loving this. The choices are more descriptive (heh). And the surprise is good.